Ni No Kuni out January 22, 2013

[quote name='ferant316']Just picked up my steelbook! The steelbook looks amazing.[/QUOTE]
How? GS isn't supposed to be giving them out until you pick up the game.

[quote name='Jodou']How? GS isn't supposed to be giving them out until you pick up the game.[/QUOTE]

A kickass GS manager. I wanted to make sure they were getting enough for all preorders after online sold out, he told me they didn't get enough and to take mine now to make sure I got it.

Tried my store, he said they got enough for pre-orders. I'll be sure to get there at opening.

On a side note, anyone know if the Best Buy bonus is in-case or on a receipt? I been checking and no one knows

Damn I wouldnt have sold my Wizards Edition if I had known it was supposed to be such a good game.

Can't wait to play this though, I haven't gotten into a good RPG since Final Fantasy IX.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Damn I wouldnt have sold my Wizards Edition if I had known it was supposed to be such a good game.

Can't wait to play this though, I haven't gotten into a good RPG since Final Fantasy IX.[/QUOTE]

I'm in a similar boat, have the US wizard coming and I really want to play it but flipping to $300 sounds nice.

Also, reviews are coming in. I believe IGN gave it a 9.4 and @gamer mag gave it a 4.25 out of 5.

Just found out about the GS SteelBook so I stopped last night and asked about it.
My store only received two SB's and only had one preorder so they let me preorder and take the SB since it was so close to release date.

Kind of sad that there was only one preorder but it worked out for me.

[quote name='hellboypi']Just found out about the GS SteelBook so I stopped last night and asked about it.
My store only received two SB's and only had one preorder so they let me preorder and take the SB since it was so close to release date.

Kind of sad that there was only one preorder but it worked out for me.[/QUOTE]

well, the sad truth is JRPG, are still a consider a niche, and there is just not alot of demand for it

I was looking into just getting the PSN version but apparently the game is 19 GB and apparently SCEA has no desire to put the pre-order up the week before let alone have any kind of pre-load so physical it is.

It'll still be day 01 digital but I'm not waiting for 19 GB to download over PSN let alone having to then turn-around and install said 19 GB...ugh Sony. Hope this shit gets fixed come next-gen.

Well the Japanese version is 19 GB so with dual-audio the NA/EU version will likely be even larger not to mention that, for the HDD space weary, it takes twice the amount of the download in free space so 38+ GB free in total. (19+ GB free for the download and an additional 19+ GB free as it installs post-download)

Neither the download time nor the install size of the PSN version phase me but to not have a pre-purchase and pre-load option in order to offset those is bonkers.

Also, there is a mandatory ~3 GB install for the retail disc.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Well the Japanese version is 19 GB so with dual-audio the NA/EU version will likely be even larger not to mention that, for the HDD space weary, it takes twice the amount of the download in free space so 38+ GB free in total. (19+ GB free for the download and an additional 19+ GB free as it installs post-download)

Neither the download time nor the install size of the PSN version phase me but to not have a pre-purchase and pre-load option in order to offset those is bonkers.

Also, there is a mandatory ~3 GB install for the retail disc.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Sony's ever done a pre-load option for digital purchases, have they?

I *think* that Sorcery was the first title to do it and, if memory serves, they refer to it as pre-buy rather than pre-load (?). That's how rarely they use it though...most people don't even know that it exists.

I'm fully spoiled by Steam and their midnight unlocks but if this is Sony and Microsoft attempting day 01 digital releases then they are dropping the ball all the damn time.

edit: Just to show people how utterly dumb this is and then I'll drop-it: You can pre-purchase Ni no Kuni on the EU store and it has the pre-load option. Great job SCEA!:applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my steelbook today. Really cool looking. Was Gamestop not supposed to pass these out yet? I tried two different stores and the first one was sold out but said to check back on Tuesday to see who didn't pick theirs up. The second one i tried just handed it to me.

Though I'll probably pre-order at GameStop, I would've been more excited about the game if Namco offered more than five copies of the Wizard's Edition to the public.

The wizard edition seemed to be up for a while today. If they made more available then the people who did buy it would be pissed off when it turned out not to be limited. I guess you can't win.

[quote name='crunchewy']The wizard edition seemed to be up for a while today. If they made more available then the people who did buy it would be pissed off when it turned out not to be limited. I guess you can't win.[/QUOTE]
Boo hoo for them if they don't like the idea of more people being able to get a CE that they want. They don't need to make a million of them, but it would be nice to have the option to get in on a small pre-order run at GameStop or Amazon than hope that Namco's table scraps on their site went up at a time that I could get in on it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Though I'll probably pre-order at GameStop, I would've been more excited about the game if Namco offered more than five copies of the Wizard's Edition to the public.[/QUOTE]

It was available for awhile this past fall...think today was just for cancelled orders and possibly a few more copies.

The Wizard edition did look pretty sweet, but I couldn't justify spending $100+tax+shipping on it. I don't think I've ever bought a game for $60 before, even.

Almost forgot this game was coming out next week. Rushed over and preordered my copy and got the Steel case. Cant wait to play it. Not since Vesperia have I completed a current gen console JRPG (not counting Xenoblade)

Maybe my wife will let me play this in front of my 2 year old.... maybe

Yeah, this was a collector's edition which really tempted me but I know what'll happen: The awesome baubles will forever sit on a shelf unused and further cluttering the room.

I want that book and I want that plushie but my tablet at my side will just have to suffice.

Found Ni No Kuni out on the shelf at Target today. I immediately tried to buy it, but sadly their system kicked out an error and refused to sell it since it wasn't release day yet. Sigh.

[quote name='captubaplayer']Found Ni No Kuni out on the shelf at Target today. I immediately tried to buy it, but sadly their system kicked out an error and refused to sell it since it wasn't release day yet. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

This happens every weekend prior to a release and the people over there keep letting me try to buy it. :roll:

Im awaiting my wizard edition to come in. Hopefully i wont have to wait too long after release to have it arrive. Hopefully itll be in good shape too.

[quote name='Rodimus']Almost forgot this game was coming out next week. Rushed over and preordered my copy and got the Steel case. Cant wait to play it. Not since Vesperia have I completed a current gen console JRPG (not counting Xenoblade)

Maybe my wife will let me play this in front of my 2 year old.... maybe[/QUOTE]

I haven't 'completed' any jrpg since persona3portable nearly 2 yrs ago. I will dust off my ps3 for this puppy next week. I just hope I can endure all the sugary graphics (just watched Django and Last Stand...my mind is so tainted now).

Well I forgot to cancel my Newegg order. Now I have 4 of them. That and Newegg has a no-return policy when it comes to games. It only cost me $48, but I'll probably have to return it to Walmart (assuming they stock them) to get my money back.

Anyone know when GS.com is shipping? I want to play this badly and get my Steelbook, only reason I ordered from GS.com.

Also have the guide coming from B&N.com because it was cheapest for me. Anyone know how fast B&N.com ships?

Will the DLC be region locked?

Will the griffy familiar(U.S only?) work on the PAL version of the game if I create a U.S PSN to redeem the code?

GS will decide if I'm getting it or not tomorrow. If they give me the steelbook with my preorder I will, if not I'll get my money back and pass.

It's not a need to play game for me, but it's a nice enough preorder bonus where I'll try the game and if it's as boring as the demo was I'll trade it away.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Boo hoo for them if they don't like the idea of more people being able to get a CE that they want. They don't need to make a million of them, but it would be nice to have the option to get in on a small pre-order run at GameStop or Amazon than hope that Namco's table scraps on their site went up at a time that I could get in on it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this so much. People always bite my head off when I say I hate online retailer exclusive CE's/LE's, but this is the exact reason why. Especially when you have to deal with crappily designed stores and horrible shipping companies.

I think Persona 4 Golden did it perfectly, split their allocation between a few sites and stores, and still managed to stay up for a decent amount of time and sell all of the copies. (And it ended up being somewhat rare too)

I had forgotten about this game but got my shipping notice from Amazon yesterday - will be here tomorrow (Tues) according to them.

I might just bust this open and play it ASAP instead of adding it to the pile like I do with most games.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone know when GS.com is shipping? I want to play this badly and get my Steelbook, only reason I ordered from GS.com.

Also have the guide coming from B&N.com because it was cheapest for me. Anyone know how fast B&N.com ships?[/QUOTE]

Mine just shipped from gs

any chance one of you guys who still has a gamestop with the steel book would help a fellow gaffer out? all of the gamestops in my area either
A) didnt get the steelbook
B) sold out
C) sent them back to allocate space

i'd be willing to pay shipping +$5 for the preorder + a little something extra via paypal if someone would willingly help me out.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Will the DLC be region locked?

Will the griffy familiar(U.S only?) work on the PAL version of the game if I create a U.S PSN to redeem the code?[/QUOTE]

My personal experience with other games? Yes. Since the games have different "store fronts" the DLC purchased/redeemed in 1 store doesn't show up as purchased in the other store. Whichever game version you buy, you'll need to get the DLC from that region.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Mine just shipped from gs[/QUOTE]
Yeah so did mine. Guide is still in Limbo from B&N.com. I really hope my guide comes in this week because it's being shipped to my GF's house since she ordered something on the order so we could get free shipping on it. Wont be able to visit till the weekend and it would suck not having it this week.

Instead of a shipping confirmation from Digital River - I just got a cancellation

The order was so old, my payment method has changed, and of course got declined. No chance to fix it, just an automated email saying it was cancelled.

I REALLY wish they could have charged at time of purchase.. Rather than wait 7 months and then try and charge the same Card. What a complete joke. Oh well, guess I'll buy it for $20 in a few months

Here's what they sent me:
--------------
"We’re sorry but your order for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition could not be processed. The credit card on file could not be authorized for payment. As a result, your order has been cancelled.

Unfortunately due to the limited nature of this product, it is no longer available for purchase.

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message."

Got two emails from Amazon saying sorry for the delay, which is weird considering they've never sent emails before. Game and guide are shipping soon with delivery of today by 8PM. Can't tell if they're just trolling me or if it might actually be here today. . .

bread's done
Back