Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='The 7th Number']Weird, today i was going to try gears 1 on insane and i couldnt even pick that difficulty level. I dont think i would have deleted my save, but i do know i have a save file, and have the "beat the game on hardcore" achievement. But when i try to load an old save, there isnt any. :([/QUOTE]I haven't lost any saves, but I've lost the ability to play insane even though I've already beaten the game on insane. I think it was a fairly common issue, but it's been so long now I can't remember what caused it (title update glitch maybe) or if there's a fix.

Well, Gears 2 moved up slightly on the Live list this week. Up to #7 compared to being consistently ranked 9-11 in the previous month. Thought it would be a bit higher with the 6x XP especially considering BFBC2 ended up ranked lower. LINK

Rod Fergusson from Epic hinted on twitter about doing another XP event over July 4th. He asked for input from the community on the event. Personally, now that they have rolled out 6xp over E3 I don't think anything less is getting me back to grind towards level 100 especially with 4 million xp or more to go. If anyone wants to get to level 100 and not have to play the game a ton it might be good to send him a tweet that future events have to be at least 6x XP for you to play. I assume they plan on doing frequent XP events over the next 10 months to keep interest up for Gears 3 and you know they have talked about unlocks for getting certain achievements so 6x (or more) could possibly come back frequently. Just a thought.

http://twitter.com/GearsViking

I'll definitely hit rank 100 during that time.

I am still looking for a couple people to complete 50 waves of horde on a Snowblind map. Strongly prefer people who can start around wave 25-32. Send me a message through Xbox please.

8xp so 4 times the current double! and tickers 1-9 and boomers on 10 for horde, wonder if thats for all x1-1x or just the first ten. if all then easy to get the 2 or 3 horde achievements left. also easy insane boosting! last event I went from 67-77 thanks top koth boosting. rank 100 + cheese here I come!

wow with shields set up on the right map, horde would be really easy to win by yourself. as long as you dont get boomshot from out of nowhere. Since im already at 100, i dunno if ill even play it. But i might jump on to play some horde. lol. I still earn XP but i dont level up, but it keeps adding it to my xp overall.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']8xp so 4 times the current double! and tickers 1-9 and boomers on 10 for horde, wonder if thats for all x1-1x or just the first ten. if all then easy to get the 2 or 3 horde achievements left. also easy insane boosting! last event I went from 67-77 thanks top koth boosting. rank 100 + cheese here I come![/QUOTE]

They said tickers on waves 11-19 and boomers on 20 too. Not sure if it keeps following that pattern after or not.

One wave of horde on insane will net you 2000xp now in about 30 seconds, although with it being all tickers the rounds might even be a bit faster. One 45 minute KotH session will get you around 180,000xp now. :shock:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, add double or triple kills and a lot of people would play the game all over again. I'll never hit 100k at this rate (34k and I don't play very much if at all anymore) and a triple kill count would get a lot of achievement whores to come out and play.

It's pretty damn sad when a game is so broken, laggy and infuriating even 8x XP events aren't enough for me to play its multiplayer. I'm looking to finish up the Horde achievements (maybe Seriously 2.0 and the last Annex map achievements if they aren't a pain in the ass) then break my second copy in half and retire for good. I've had enough. I've always hated this game with a passion and I honestly doubt any of the unlocks for Gears 3 are worth tolerating the shit I have for years. That game had better be Jesus worthy if Epic wants any more of my money.

If anyone is interested in Sanctuary, Memorial or All Fathers Horde then get at me. Those are the only three I need left and the tickers will make each run child's play.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']

If anyone is interested in Sanctuary, Memorial or All Fathers Horde then get at me. Those are the only three I need left and the tickers will make each run child's play.[/QUOTE]

I just need Memorial and Allfathers. if you see me on during the event invite.

I'm in for exp boosting by whatever method (I've got all of Horde done, but tickers makes lending a hand to others a walk in the park). If I'm not on C&C:RA3 co-op, I'll join up with whomever for whatever, as long as I get exp for it.

GT: Shinobi Hanzo

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Next XP event:

:shock:

More info:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=735109[/QUOTE]

[quote name='animalspinners']I've seen you ask a few times, so let me point you to a site that will definitely help.

xbox360achievements.org

Great (and very large) community, lots of people willing to help.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169692&page=176

This thread has at least 50 people just today looking to boost KOTH with other people.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been going there for achievement guides for a long time. They just didn't have any open sessions for today, other than the evening when Glock said he could play.

[quote name='DJP519']Anyone want to tackle "Icy Dead People" tonight? Snowblind Horde?[/QUOTE]I can if we can finish around midnite and I know freshzen needs that one too.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I can if we can finish around midnite and I know freshzen needs that one too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've traded a few messages with him.

Do you need all 50 levels, or do you have some already? I only need 32-48, but am more than willing to do any/all of it.

I'm going to be doing some Memorial and Nowhere Horde later (7-8pm EDT is when I'll start). Just send me a message if you want to help me out.

I just stumbled into my first KOTH boosting session. This is pretty funny. One guy, playing as Cole, apparently wants to play for real, not boost. He keeps trying to shoot his teammates. The speed these capture points are racking up at is ridiculous!

[quote name='menikmati']Anyone want to boost KOTH? I'm 37 and just want to get to at least 50 if it doesn't take that long.[/QUOTE]

I'm down. Got delayed, but only Glock was playing earlier (with randoms) as far as I know. I have a couple hours.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm down. Got delayed, but only Glock was playing earlier (with randoms) as far as I know. I have a couple hours.[/QUOTE]

It requires a full room of people to comply, which is impossible to find.

add me CAG

gt: Gamer SDP

went from 79 to 81. did a lot of koth to rank up 1 level thanks to host power. then went looking for random boosting/normal social. I also tried to finish some horde but even on casual wave 20 with all boomers is hell

lol 182,000 exp for one game

I'm gonna try to be on as much as possible today, so hit me up if anyone needs a boosting partner for KOTH or wants to get some Horde achievements in.

BTW, has anyone gone past wave 20 in Horde yet? Does the 9 tickers 1 boomers pattern repeat all the way to 50?

[quote name='menikmati']It requires a full room of people to comply, which is impossible to find.[/QUOTE]

I actually started a game and it was me and all bots. Slowly, people started joining, and then after the game, someone asked if I wanted to boost. We did, and I gained 21 levels in 3 hours.

[quote name='Matt Young']I actually started a game and it was me and all bots. Slowly, people started joining, and then after the game, someone asked if I wanted to boost. We did, and I gained 21 levels in 3 hours.[/QUOTE]

Well shit then, I'll be down if we can get something like that going. I'll be available tomorrow (7/3) at around 8PM PST to 11PM PST.

I'm currently a level 37, as long as I can get to 50 I'll be content.

[quote name='menikmati']Well shit then, I'll be down if we can get something like that going. I'll be available tomorrow (7/3) at around 8PM PST to 11PM PST.

I'm currently a level 37, as long as I can get to 50 I'll be content.[/QUOTE]

I'm available now. I really want to boost more. I went from 30-44, 44-49, and then 49-51 in the 3 game I played during the bonus XP.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm available now. I really want to boost more. I went from 30-44, 44-49, and then 49-51 in the 3 game I played during the bonus XP.[/QUOTE]

On now.

I still haven't played other than that initial 3 hour session. Anyone want to try later on tonight? Not sure exactly when I'll be home, but it will likely be around 10 P.M. Pacific.

I'm down for Horde or KOTH boosting some time tomorrow. So long as I either reach 100 or finish up those achievements I can let this game rest in piece buried in a rancid landfill where it truly belongs.

I think it was something like 40,000ish per game for me in KOTH boosting, and in 3 games I went from 30 to 51.

Ink, I messaged you a few days ago about this but never got a response. I can do tomorrow night, but I'd like to play tonight as well.

It was 3 full games of 45 minutes each (3 rounds/15 minutes each). I went from 30-44, 44-49, and 49-51 in those games.

As I said, I am not available now. I'm heading back over to the barbecue in a few minutes. But I should be available by 10 P.M. Pacific, which is 3 and a half hours from now. Hopefully, we can get a few people from CAG to join if we play later. That will make the chances of boosting more likely to succeed.

[quote name='Matt Young']I think it was something like 40,000ish per game for me in KOTH boosting, and in 3 games I went from 30 to 51.

Ink, I messaged you a few days ago about this but never got a response. I can do tomorrow night, but I'd like to play tonight as well.[/QUOTE]

Let's boost this shit tonight motherfucker!

Devin, just saw your post when I went back to the forum index. Let me know if you can play at the time I specified tonight, but keep in mind that I'm not sure on the exact time I'll be home since I won't be driving. Otherwise, if any of you guys are available tomorrow, please throw some times out there and maybe all 4 of us (possibly more) can get a lobby going.

bread's done
Back