Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
On a whim I went to the one on my way to the grocery store that had previously been cleaned out. Someone must have traded in Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP. That was a good grocery trip.

i checked 3 HW/MG last friday with total of 2 (360/PS3) games, there is a few more of MG around. should i go check them out?? Or is it too late?

My hollywood video is running a blu ray promotion. Buy 2 bluray movies for $25

some movies i remember:
i love you, man
wall-e
slumdog millionaire
curious case of benjamin button.

think i should bite?

Any games recently mispriced tagged at $35 & ring up lower other than Midnight Club? I checked the last 3 pages and that's all I recall seeing mentioned.

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']
On a side note, I scored FIFA 10 for PSP at Target for $10! :)[/QUOTE]

Holy smokes! Is that a misprice or a clearance item? Just came back from Target myself -- the clearance games are gone (I assume the holiday shoppers picked them clean) so I just did my grocery shopping.

P.S. Oops... this isn't the Target thread... sorry about that! Saw the FIFA 10 price and flipped.

[quote name='J7.']Any games recently mispriced tagged at $35 & ring up lower other than Midnight Club? I checked the last 3 pages and that's all I recall seeing mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Midnight club was $29.99 back in July so store just hasnt been updating their price tag. Anyway Bladestorm Xbox 360 is $29.99, which i am sure happened recently.

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that 50 Cent and Skate 2 for PS3 dropped. I had both checked at my local store about 3 days ago and they told me they hadn't dropped. Then when I was in there yesterday both were gone which is awfully suspicious. So either they dropped since I checked a few days ago or the manager lied to me. The third possibility (that someone actually bought them both at $34.99) is by far the least likely ;). I suppose a fourth possibility is that he never got around to putting them back out but that would seem odd after so much time.

However, I did stop by another store today that actually had some decent stock left over. They had Star Wars Force Unleashed, a mint Lego Batman (not the pack-in version - the original), and Prince of Persia. I've had the first two for a while and some other guy grabbed the PoP before I could. Then he asked the clerk if the rest of the prices were up to date and she said they were.

But I knew better because they had Fallout 3 and CoD WaW marked $34.99. It turned out they didn't actually have CoD WaW despite having two cases out :bomb:, but then I decided to check several other things while I was there and found a new one: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen for 360 is now $29.99. So I scored a nice mint copy (looks unplayed) of that. Considering that I got the first Transformers game for $4.99 from the summer sale, and actually played it a bit (though I never finished it), I figured I had better pick this one up since it is supposed to be better.

[quote name='io']Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that 50 Cent and Skate 2 for PS3 dropped. I had both checked at my local store about 3 days ago and they told me they hadn't dropped. Then when I was in there yesterday both were gone which is awfully suspicious. So either they dropped since I checked a few days ago or the manager lied to me. The third possibility (that someone actually bought them both at $34.99) is by far the least likely ;). I suppose a fourth possibility is that he never got around to putting them back out but that would seem odd after so much time.

However, I did stop by another store today that actually had some decent stock left over. They had Star Wars Force Unleashed, a mint Lego Batman (not the pack-in version - the original), and Prince of Persia. I've had the first two for a while and some other guy grabbed the PoP before I could. Then he asked the clerk if the rest of the prices were up to date and she said they were.

But I knew better because they had Fallout 3 and CoD WaW marked $34.99. It turned out they didn't actually have CoD WaW despite having two cases out :bomb:, but then I decided to check several other things while I was there and found a new one: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen for 360 is now $29.99. So I scored a nice mint copy (looks unplayed) of that. Considering that I got the first Transformers game for $4.99 from the summer sale, and actually played it a bit (though I never finished it), I figured I had better pick this one up since it is supposed to be better.[/QUOTE]

I heard from a few places/people that 50 Cent is rolling for $5.00.

Asked at my local Movie Gallery and was told that the sale ends on the 15th(or 16th, can't quite remember) so you should probably ask.

Easily my biggest steal during this batch of the sale has been a copy of Ico for $5.

I just picked up Street Fighter IV and WWE Legends of Wrestling... Had to go back to the Rock Island store and got lucky. There's one other copy of SFIV and two more LoWs. I'm heading to Cedar Rapids as soon as I get my check tomorrow... Maybe I'll strike gold. I'm hoping to find some games to flip for a DS.

I picked up 3 copies of Midnight Club: LA from the closer HWV last night, then immediately ran them up to two seperate GS stores and did the $20 promo with them. Surprisingly, the manager at the one store was the one who did the transaction and he didn't realize that I did the $20 promo that 'requires' a purchase.

I'll probably check the other HWV within a day or two to see if anything else popped up there. They had a big boxload of disc only 360 stuff the last time I was there, so here's hoping there's some good flippables there.

I turned the 3 copies of MC:LA for 360 into $41.50 in GS credit and $10 cash from FYE. Not bad for an initial $15.87 'investment'. LOL

[quote name='stoned99']Went to my local store and it is closing, so my prediction of the demise of HWV/GC seems to be coming true.[/QUOTE]

I saw my first closed store last week visiting the in-laws. But they had stores stacked up like cordwood.

[quote name='stoned99']Went to my local store and it is closing, so my prediction of the demise of HWV/GC seems to be coming true.[/QUOTE]

How does one store closing = all stores closing?

Went to the one in Norman off of Alameda, nothing but PS2/Gamecube/Xbox stuff.

Only thing for 360 left was Stranglehold and some 2007 sports games.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Were there any price drops this week/today?[/QUOTE]

At my store...no price drops for any games over 29.99...had some drop from 24.99 to cheaper but nothing higher. I checked the computer for a couple games people keep talking about but hasn't dropped in my computer.

Also...checked the market guide today...they changed the date to 1.13.10!!! Updated op...with new end date, as well as, new price changes for the pv movies...which I'm kinda getting sick of updating! lol They used to never change them this often!!

Still nothing new or no new price drops at my local store. I was hoping the free copies of Fairytale Fights I traded in would be priced below $30 that way I could just buy them back then trade them for $20 each at GS. But they were put out as $34.99. Oh well. I did notice the 2 for $25 blu rays at the store tho. Picked up Get Smart and Seven Pounds. He gave me the 10% power play discount too. Awesome manager at this store, I sure hope they don't close.

[quote name='super_dawn']At my store...no price drops for any games over 29.99...had some drop from 24.99 to cheaper but nothing higher. I checked the computer for a couple games people keep talking about but hasn't dropped in my computer.

Also...checked the market guide today...they changed the date to 1.13.10!!! Updated op...with new end date, as well as, new price changes for the pv movies...which I'm kinda getting sick of updating! lol They used to never change them this often!![/QUOTE]

No drop in Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (360) at your store? It definitely dropped to $29.99 at one store here.

The extension gives me slight hope that I may still be able to snag Star Ocean... There are a lot of other titles hovering around at $34.99 too (Infamous, SMG, etc).

With that new extension in the date, people should be able to hurry over to the local HWV and make some special orders and get them before the sale ends! Thanks Super_Dawn!!

So i went back to the store that I went to last week. This time the manager was there and I just told him my name and he ran and grabbed the games for me. He also told me they got in some Red Faction Guerrilla, so I picked up both copies (another to play w/ a friend online). I also spotted a Viva Pinata and a Tales of Vesperia that someone hid in the rentals section, which I promptly purchased as well.

When I went to buy them up I gave him my gift card, which wasn't refunded, and the manager looked, ran to the back room and came out cash in hand. He had walked the employee through the refund, but had a feeling something went wrong, so he had my back. All in all, a very happy trip to the HWV near my uncle's!

I saw a copy of Eat Lead, but didn't know anything about it so I left it there.

I'm sure this has been answered, but I'm not a fan of the HWV labels for the games, is there a place where I can find and print out the original covers?

:D Now that this sale has been extended, I may well make a special order at the better HWV by me for some stuff I missed for PS3(LOTR:Conquest, Godfather II, some other ones)for my personal collection. Of course, if there were a way GFII would get to me prior to the 10th I'd probably dump it off at GS for $20 in credit and just borrow my buddies GFII sometime to finish playing through it.

I just wish there were a way we could make sure when we special order these games that they're 1) not scratched to hell and 2) come complete with everything, since I hate being stuck with disc only crap.

[quote name='Gbear09']With that new extension in the date, people should be able to hurry over to the local HWV and make some special orders and get them before the sale ends! Thanks Super_Dawn!!

So i went back to the store that I went to last week. This time the manager was there and I just told him my name and he ran and grabbed the games for me. He also told me they got in some Red Faction Guerrilla, so I picked up both copies (another to play w/ a friend online). I also spotted a Viva Pinata and a Tales of Vesperia that someone hid in the rentals section, which I promptly purchased as well.

When I went to buy them up I gave him my gift card, which wasn't refunded, and the manager looked, ran to the back room and came out cash in hand. He had walked the employee through the refund, but had a feeling something went wrong, so he had my back. All in all, a very happy trip to the HWV near my uncle's!

I saw a copy of Eat Lead, but didn't know anything about it so I left it there.

I'm sure this has been answered, but I'm not a fan of the HWV labels for the games, is there a place where I can find and print out the original covers?[/QUOTE]

I just discovered a website called thecoverproject.net or something like that. It doesn't have every cover, but just keep checking back, as I think they're constantly updating. Has a lot of great old covers too. I had a good time reminiscing looking through the nintendo 64 art.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:D Now that this sale has been extended, I may well make a special order at the better HWV by me for some stuff I missed for PS3(LOTR:Conquest, Godfather II, some other ones)for my personal collection. Of course, if there were a way GFII would get to me prior to the 10th I'd probably dump it off at GS for $20 in credit and just borrow my buddies GFII sometime to finish playing through it.

I just wish there were a way we could make sure when we special order these games that they're 1) not scratched to hell and 2) come complete with everything, since I hate being stuck with disc only crap.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap? You mean you actually buy games to play and not just flip for a profit?

Seriously though, I tend to give you a lot of shit so let me offer some helpful info. My hollywood is absolutely excellent about refurbing their discs. Every game I've bought from them they have fixed to be almost new and they all work perfectly. They never give me a hard time about it either. If it comes scratched to hell just ask them to resurface it and if it still looks like crap they usually replace it with one of their rental copies. But again, this is at my hollywood and they know me and have always been really good to me there.

Last couple times I bought at HWV the associates were super nice. Reminded me to keep my receipt just in case the games didn't work so I could exchange them within 30 (0r 60) days.

Went to two Movie Galleries in my area and didn't see anything worthwhile (mostly xbox and ps2 games). I forgot to ask while I was there, but do Movie Galleries get regular shipments of games, or is it pretty much just what has been traded in to that specific store?

I as well think that HWV might be closing up shop soon. I went to one of the few remaining here in town and there was a sign up saying that the owner of the building has changed the locks because of unpaid rent. Too bad, I really like their $5 used games deal.

[quote name='dugbrandon']Last couple times I bought at HWV the associates were super nice. Reminded me to keep my receipt just in case the games didn't work so I could exchange them within 30 (0r 60) days.[/QUOTE]

Every time I've gotten something, they remind of that fact. It's good to remember, plus you can take it to any HWV to get a replacement. Although at one I went to, the guy wanted to make sure I knew it was a lifetime guarantee on the games...

[quote name='bgame2']You rock superdawn![/QUOTE]

:D

[quote name='io']No drop in Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (360) at your store? It definitely dropped to $29.99 at one store here.[/QUOTE]

Didn't look up that particular title. checked on COD, some wii games, etc.. checked each morning printed reports for the past week on any price drops. I won't be in again till next week so I'll have to verify then.

[quote name='Gbear09']With that new extension in the date, people should be able to hurry over to the local HWV and make some special orders and get them before the sale ends! Thanks Super_Dawn!![/QUOTE]

Very true! If I wasn't so broke from christmas I'd do it...but I must refrain!! ;) Great opportunity.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:D Now that this sale has been extended, I may well make a special order at the better HWV by me for some stuff I missed for PS3(LOTR:Conquest, Godfather II, some other ones)for my personal collection. Of course, if there were a way GFII would get to me prior to the 10th I'd probably dump it off at GS for $20 in credit and just borrow my buddies GFII sometime to finish playing through it.

I just wish there were a way we could make sure when we special order these games that they're 1) not scratched to hell and 2) come complete with everything, since I hate being stuck with disc only crap.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.. disc buffer does a good job. I'd say if you know you're ordering quite a few things ...your bound to get a few of them that are good copies and if any that ship are not good then you'll have the option of leaving it behind since you do not pay for it up front. ...just the shipping.

[quote name='dugbrandon']Last couple times I bought at HWV the associates were super nice. Reminded me to keep my receipt just in case the games didn't work so I could exchange them within 30 (
0r 60) days.[/QUOTE]

90 days guarantee on all used games

[quote name='Gbear09']Every time I've gotten something, they remind of that fact. It's good to remember, plus you can take it to any HWV to get a replacement. Although at one I went to, the guy wanted to make sure I knew it was a lifetime guarantee on the games...[/QUOTE]

hm...I think they're just saying the same thing for games as they are for movies...but no, its actually only a 90 day guarantee. Although I get most of my returns within the first few weeks anyway....

....updated op with bunch of stuff. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The store here in Dunedin modified their policy list at the register to show that all used game sales are final, no exchanges.

Sounds like something that might need to be run by Carol's replacement. I personally think its just that old hag manager at Dunedin being herself.

Shoot. With this extension, I have to order everything I possibly can. I'm sure they won't have a problem with me doing so. And if everything gets here within 7 days, it should all be here by the day it ends. Lovely.

I wonder if special orders during promos help HWV look good when it comes to sales. According to the workers here, their game anything tends to be horrendous. I'd love it if this helped them look a a little better.

[quote name='david12795']wait we can order online then pickup in store? im not getting a signal here..[/QUOTE]

Order at your store, they ship to the store. YMMV on shipping costs. One manager I checked with wanted to chart $6 per game. Others have been able to get $6 shipping for the whole order. The odd thing is that this is supposed to come from other HWVs right? But which ones possibly have the stock to fill these orders?

[quote name='bananafish900']Order at your store, they ship to the store. YMMV on shipping costs. One manager I checked with wanted to chart $6 per game. Others have been able to get $6 shipping for the whole order. The odd thing is that this is supposed to come from other HWVs right? But which ones possibly have the stock to fill these orders?[/QUOTE]

The Answer is- Stores with Game Crazy's that had closed but still aren't apart of the deal.

[quote name='gamewizardx']The Answer is- Stores with Game Crazy's that had closed but still aren't apart of the deal.[/QUOTE]

I find that hard to believe though. Those GC's that were closing shipped off anything worthwhile to other stores before the closeout sale. I seriously doubt the HWV's left behind would have anything people want.

[quote name='cobaltD']I just discovered a website called thecoverproject.net or something like that. It doesn't have every cover, but just keep checking back, as I think they're constantly updating. Has a lot of great old covers too. I had a good time reminiscing looking through the nintendo 64 art.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the rec!

Dammit, I went to an HWV last night, but the manager didn't really seem like she knew what she was doing so I didn't even bother asking about an order. Oh well, gotta save some money anyways.

Ugh, the closest HWV to me is 5.5 miles away... Anyone know if the Harbor location in Anaheim, southern California has any worthwhile titles to make a trek over there? I wouldn't mind some decent PS3 titles to add to my library.

It is a sad day for me. There are 3 stand alone hollywood videos near me. Two closed on December 10 as the result of "Rent Disputes." Because of this I have been frequenting the remaining one over the course of the last two weeks. During that time, the employees have been volunteering information about the closings and claiming that HWV didn't pay the rent because the landlords were shady or repairs needed to be done. Clearly they had been decieved because when I went to that store today (I was there 2 days ago) there was a sign that said it was "Temporarily Closed." I hate Gamestop policies as much as the next CAG, but it is really shitty of a company to assure people that their jobs are secure and then have them be locked out without any notice. That's just rotten.

[quote name='reeksofawesomenss']anyone having any luck finding anything good, my stores mainly have ps2 games[/QUOTE]

I had some good luck by finding (PS3) Resistance 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, two copies of Bioshock, Golden Axe Beast Rider, and Baja Edge of California. I also picked up (360) GTAIV and Street Fighter IV even though I don't own a 360.

Some of the games were priced as high as $39.99, but when I went up to price check it they rang up at $29.99. One of the employees even made sure I wanted Fallout 3 and Resistance 2 because he wanted them for himself.

[quote name='mogamer']I find that hard to believe though. Those GC's that were closing shipped off anything worthwhile to other stores before the closeout sale. I seriously doubt the HWV's left behind would have anything people want.[/QUOTE]

No you are thinking about this wrong. Game crazys did ship there stuff off yes but the HWV's they where apart of still have rentals and they do pull them for sale now since there isnt a gamecrazy selling them for them. The ones I have gone in to are gold mines but since they had a gamecrazy's in the past attached to them they are still not doing the deal. So they have a ton of store rental sale copies for full price. I asked the rep why they are still not doing the deal now since the gamecrazy is gone he said "its because we had it still open when the deal started". I don't know if I believe this but the fact is they aren't offering the $4.99 deal.

bread's done
Back