Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Ninja Blade for 7.xx, a copy of .rec on DVD for $2 and Culdcept Saga for 5.xx. My stores are officially cleaned out.

This last movie gallery had some Blu-Rays still left, so maybe I'll swing by tomorrow. They were still a bit too pricey for me even at 70% off (originally $30 and I didn't LOVE any of the flicks). At the latest, Friday is one of the last days I can go because they are closing in a couple days and I only work in this town.

one of the three stores by me has there last day Saturday...im going to try and go up Thursday or Friday to grab anything thats left...

[quote name='dabamus']Just picked up ALL of the following for a TOTAL of $10.50:

:360: Saints Row 2
:360: Unreal Tournament III
:360: Rockstar Table Tennis
:ps3: Fuel
:ps3: Riddick Dark Athena
:ps3: Warhawk
:ps3: Bigs 2
:xbox: Delta Force BHD
:xbox: Enter the Matrix
:xbox: Sega GT/Jet Set bundle
:gc: SC Pandora Tomorrow

They had a deal where all disc only games were $.99 and somehow I got 12 for $10. They counted and scanned them all, so they didn't miss any.(because I asked how many I had since I just went wild grabbing the disc only ones)

This was at the Niles, OH HWV.(Eastwood Mall) They are on their last 4 days, so I may go back in two days to pick up Wolfenstein, EndWar, and HAWX if they are still there.[/QUOTE]

For the record, Warhawk(and MAG)sucks, unless you like getting your ass handed to you every other second. But hell of a haul. I wish my stores had some disc only shit left that wasn't some shovelware for Wii and were running this type of deal.

I'm still aggravated at myself for spending what I did on MAG(trying to trade it now on CAG for something I might play again;)), since I knew going into it that it was gonna be the same bs like Warhawk(24/7 players kicking everyone elses ass).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For the record, Warhawk(and MAG)sucks, unless you like getting your ass handed to you every other second. But hell of a haul. I wish my stores had some disc only shit left that wasn't some shovelware for Wii and were running this type of deal.

I'm still aggravated at myself for spending what I did on MAG(trying to trade it now on CAG for something I might play again;)), since I knew going into it that it was gonna be the same bs like Warhawk(24/7 players kicking everyone elses ass).[/QUOTE]

Do you have to be a member there like at BBV or can anyone buy from them? I've never been into a HWV store before but if they're selling games for a dollar, I'll go....

[quote name='typical guy']Do you have to be a member there like at BBV or can anyone buy from them? I've never been into a HWV store before but if they're selling games for a dollar, I'll go....[/QUOTE]

No you don't have to be a member and they are dying to get rid of their stock since all the stores are dying. Also the $1 deal is extremely YMMV.

Picked up patapon 2 and Eternal Sonata
iconxbox360.gif
for 8 bucks total, not a bad deal.

Yeah. The $.99 disc only games will only be found at stores where they are in the last week and still have too many games to get rid of. That, and you have to be lucky enough to find it.

[quote name='dabamus']Yeah. The $.99 disc only games will only be found at stores where they are in the last week and still have too many games to get rid of. That, and you have to be lucky enough to find it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, maybe I'll look into it tomorrow during my lunch break.

BTW, out of the PS3 and 360 games I got, I had cases with art and manual at home for everything but :360: Table Tennis, so if someone has just the art and manual for table tennis, please give me a holler!

Up until a month ago, I had no idea there were any HWV's in Santa Clarita. When I initially checked in, no big deals. When I walked in the other day, headed straight up to the 98c XBOX 360 rack and picked out three games. Store closes on Sunday (I think). And I got to undercut all the high-fallutin' big spenders out there who purchased games at 99c apiece. :)

Picked up Virtua Tennis 3, NBA 2k6, NBA 2k7. Straight to the backlog pile you go!

They had quite a few PS2/360/Wii games that were disc only when I was there a couple of days ago, so maybe I'll check back by week's end and hope the dude on disability and his family didn't stop back and buy ANOTHER fuckin' $1600 in shit.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For the record, Warhawk(and MAG)sucks, unless you like getting your ass handed to you every other second. But hell of a haul. I wish my stores had some disc only shit left that wasn't some shovelware for Wii and were running this type of deal.

I'm still aggravated at myself for spending what I did on MAG(trying to trade it now on CAG for something I might play again;)), since I knew going into it that it was gonna be the same bs like Warhawk(24/7 players kicking everyone elses ass).[/QUOTE]

wait....MAG sucks??? (actually im having a blast with it)

WAIT....u actually spend MONEY on MAG??? (please tell me u didnt buy it at full price)

I'm checking this out the next time I make a run to flip postcards. I've never been to one of these stores but it's never too late to start (profit).

I can personally say that the Cottage Grove location in Minnesota has been pretty much completely cleared out. I had a list of 20 or so games I was looking for (not even the newest titles) and not one to be found. They had a lot of copies of fracture, devil may cry 4, and older xbox and ps2 games in grab bins. I showed up about a week too late to get anything worth having.

Wishing I got in on a cheap copy of saints row 2, fallout 3, red faction, or dead space.

HV/Game Crazy combo store near me is up to 60% clearance now.

Picked up:
(DS) Magical Starsign $9
(DS) Rub Rabbits $5
(DS) The World Ends With You $9
(DS) Elite Beat Agents $5
(DS) Dragon Quest IV $9
(PSP) Mega Man Maverick Hunter X $9

The Movie Gallery near me is closing out. They still have a LOAD of recent 360 games and they're at 50% off........unfortunately, it's things like Darksiders for $44.99 and then 50% off, and stuff like that. Have grabbed

Riddick - $9
Conan - $7
Incredible Hulk - $7

They expect to be closing in about 2 weeks..........hopefully I'm back from Mongolia and they're still open.

Just got back from school yesterday and decided to check out my local Movie Gallery. Sadly they didn't have anything new for sale and it just looked like a usual business day. I expected them to have good deals or to be sold out of everything good and was disappointed to find that they look like they always do. I though all the stores were going under or is that not true?

Just got 360 transformers revenge - $5 complete
360 Bigs 2 - $5 disc/hwv cover
ps3 wwe smack down 2010 - $7 complete

someone bought the 2 arm disc buffer for $150

My local store is closing in a few days.
So today, it's all 80-90% off.
But they only have ONE person working.
And she was totally overwhelmed. I could actually hear her crying everytime she had to answer the phone. The poor girl.
Naturally there were a lot of people buying A LOT of movies/games.
When she rang mine up, my credit card froze her computer, so she told me I could just have them. I asked if she was sure. She said she had no choice. I guess she's been doing that every time the computer freezer on her.
So for FREE I got.
Conan 360
Wheelman 360 and
smackdown vs raw 2010 360.

Yesterday I got
King Kong 360
Kung Fu Panda 360
Simpsons 360
Ghostbusters 360
Let the Right One In Bluray and
Lymelife Bluray.
Red Factoin Guide
Heavenly Sword guide
All for under $20.

I still feel real bad for the girl at the register. What a nightmare. Plus she said she wasn't even scheduled for today. The manager called and asked if she could fill in. What an A HOLE.

Picked up the following haull for $10.60 today(somehow 10 cents more than yesterday) :
:ps3:BiA: Hells Highway
:ps3: Legends of Wrestlemania
:ps2: King of Fighters XI
:ps2: 24 The Game
:360: Wolfenstein
:ps2: SOCOM Combined Assault
:ps2: GRAW

None included original cover art, but I have the PS3 and 360 covers/manuals already.(I think at least, need to dig them out)

[quote name='sunnysky']My local store is closing in a few days.
And she was totally overwhelmed. I could actually hear her crying everytime she had to answer the phone. The poor girl.
When she rang mine up, my credit card froze her computer, so she told me I could just have them. I asked if she was sure. She said she had no choice. I guess she's been doing that every time the computer freezer on her.
So for FREE I got.
Conan 360
Wheelman 360 and

Yesterday I got
King Kong 360
Kung Fu Panda 360
Simpsons 360
Ghostbusters 360
Lymelife Bluray.
All for under $20.

I still feel real bad for the girl at the register. What a nightmare. Plus she said she wasn't even scheduled for today. The manager called and asked if she could fill in. What an A HOLE.[/QUOTE]

Anyone with dedication like that, I'd hire in a heartbeat. You should go back and treat her to lunch/dinner or something.

[quote name='sunnysky']My local store is closing in a few days.
So for FREE I got.
Conan 360
Wheelman 360 and

Yesterday I got
King Kong 360
Kung Fu Panda 360
Simpsons 360
Ghostbusters 360
Lymelife Bluray.
Red Factoin Guide
Heavenly Sword guide
All for under $20.

I still feel real bad for the girl at the register. What a nightmare. Plus she said she wasn't even scheduled for today. The manager called and asked if she could fill in. What an A HOLE.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that girl deserves something special. Like the other dude said, treat her to something for her hard work.

[quote name='wissy']Just got back from school yesterday and decided to check out my local Movie Gallery. Sadly they didn't have anything new for sale and it just looked like a usual business day. I expected them to have good deals or to be sold out of everything good and was disappointed to find that they look like they always do. I though all the stores were going under or is that not true?[/QUOTE]

I have a theory on that. My local movie gallery is listed as "Owned" on the hollywood video website, best guess is that it is a franchise location that is not a part of the corporate closing. Now here is my thought on the matter, they are clearly still affiliated with corporate for game/video rental licenses, so they have to find a way to work out a deal with different production companies to get new rentals or close up shop when the hollywood video contracts expire. Anyone have any inside information on when they might expire? That would mean a new round of store closings to offer more deals later down the road.

[quote name='aleraiders']wait....MAG sucks??? (actually im having a blast with it)

WAIT....u actually spend MONEY on MAG??? (please tell me u didnt buy it at full price)[/QUOTE]

I paid like $20 for it, but since most of those I know who played the game religiously have stopped playing it I was trying to play against random people.

So I was getting my ass handed to me, which was sooooo much fun.:roll:

I've been trying to sell it on Craigslist for a negotiable price of $30+ to see if I get any bites. If someone offered me $22 plus shipping costs I'd sell it in a second since I can't stand the frickin' game.

[quote name='dworld']update now at 70%... games r flying out quik now...Grab the rest that i wanted...going bak this weeekend as sundayis the last day.See wat i can grab real cheap on the last day...

madden 09...$3
ninja gaiden...$5.40
far cry 2 ...$6.00
fry cry...$4.50
silent hill...$5.40
ghost recon 2....$4.50
devil may cry 4...$4.50
fear 2...$5.40
eat lead...$5.40
frontlines...$3
the club...$3
trauma center (wii)...$4.50
nba2k9...free girl didn't scan it...whooo
rockband...free girl didnt scan it...whoo
pgr4...$3
stuntman...$2.40
timeshift...$3
the bigs...$3[/QUOTE]

pickd up at 80% now...

kingdom under fire...$3.60
cabela alaskn adventure...$3.60
brother in arms...$3.00
cabela trophy bucks...$3.60
medal of honor airborne...$3.60
prince of persia...$3.60
the king of fighters 12...$7.00

I went to the Movie Gallery near where I work today, during my break, and they had a sign on the door saying they were now closed and there was a Uhaul backed up to the side door. Awww. I wanted to see if any of the Blu-Rays had dropped further in price. :( They weren't supposed to close for another couple days.

All the stores in Montgomery, AL closed up earlier than expected as well. I recall a month ago hearing July, and then last weekend they closed up. All the signs were pulled and there's printed notes on the store likely saying the Prattville and Millbrook locations were the only places left.

The death of the B&M Video and Game rental is upon us. Sad days indeed.

if you can time things perfectly, try to get there when they hit 80% off. I actually got there when the were putting up the 80% off signs on stuff. At that point, EVERYTHING fly's off the shelves. People are just looking for Ebay opportunity's at the point. So Grab anything you "Might" be interested in, and wait until your in the check out line to decide what you want for sure.

HWV barely at 60%-70% but the games are stuck at 50% which is stupid if you ask me (since the sign says everything 60-70%) will stop by later today to see if its increased.

[quote name='Jackr']I have a theory on that. My local movie gallery is listed as "Owned" on the hollywood video website, best guess is that it is a franchise location that is not a part of the corporate closing. Now here is my thought on the matter, they are clearly still affiliated with corporate for game/video rental licenses, so they have to find a way to work out a deal with different production companies to get new rentals or close up shop when the hollywood video contracts expire. Anyone have any inside information on when they might expire? That would mean a new round of store closings to offer more deals later down the road.[/QUOTE]
No Hollywood / Movie Gallery locations are franchised - they are all corporate stores.

Source: I worked at Hollywood Video for three years.

[quote name='sunnysky']if you can time things perfectly, try to get there when they hit 80% off. I actually got there when the were putting up the 80% off signs on stuff. At that point, EVERYTHING fly's off the shelves. People are just looking for Ebay opportunity's at the point. So Grab anything you "Might" be interested in, and wait until your in the check out line to decide what you want for sure.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, most of the tv box sets are broken up and people tend to buy random volume from them. I don't know whether people do this earlier in the sale so they can come back at the end of it and just buy the rest for $1 a disc or if people have discs missing from their own box sets and thus are just buying replacement discs.

But whatever the case may be, I have NEVER found complete season box sets of tv shows at these sales, which means any value for those sets is nullified since they're incomplete.

Anyway, if anyone is in the area, the Keyser Oak Shopping Center Hollywood Video(Scranton, PA)is supposedly having their last day today.

There wasn't much left when I went there last night though(real case and disc for Jaws Unleashed for PS2 was the only semi complete game left), so I'm staying away from the store.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately, most of the tv box sets are broken up and people tend to buy random volume from them. I don't know whether people do this earlier in the sale so they can come back at the end of it and just buy the rest for $1 a disc or if people have discs missing from their own box sets and thus are just buying replacement discs.

But whatever the case may be, I have NEVER found complete season box sets of tv shows at these sales, which means any value for those sets is nullified since they're incomplete.

Anyway, if anyone is in the area, the Keyser Oak Shopping Center Hollywood Video(Scranton, PA)is supposedly having their last day today.

There wasn't much left when I went there last night though(real case and disc for Jaws Unleashed for PS2 was the only semi complete game left), so I'm staying away from the store.[/QUOTE]

What happened to the avatar?

On Topic: the closest one left for me is Austintown, OH which hasn't started closing yet afaik.

[quote name='dabamus']What happened to the avatar?

On Topic: the closest one left for me is Austintown, OH which hasn't started closing yet afaik.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to change it to something different, but I can't get the sizing right apparently. Every photo or other icon I went to use ends up being a teeny tiny square in the upper left corner with a big white block surrounding it.:lol:

I should've just left well enough alone. Ah well....

[quote name='the4thnobleman']All the stores in Montgomery, AL closed up earlier than expected as well. I recall a month ago hearing July, and then last weekend they closed up. All the signs were pulled and there's printed notes on the store likely saying the Prattville and Millbrook locations were the only places left.

The death of the B&M Video and Game rental is upon us. Sad days indeed.[/QUOTE]

I haven't visited the friends/fam in Prattville, but had hoped to hit them up in the next month or so. Ah well, every disc was probably beat up bad anyways

Grabbed Lego Rock Band for 13 and Demon's Souls for 25. Not bad considering there was nothing in the Vallejo Hollywood really. I might try to hit up some other places.

picked up 5 guides for $5 at the last and final HMV closest to my house

GTA4
MGS4
Assasins Creed (w/art book)
Guinness World Records Gamers Edition 2008 and 2009

so sad to see them go

F***!!!!! :bomb:

[quote name='juliant59']Grabbed Lego Rock Band for 13 and Demon's Souls for 25. Not bad considering there was nothing in the Vallejo Hollywood really. I might try to hit up some other places.[/QUOTE]

awww wtf i was there on Monday and couldnt find any copies of Demon's Souls. Most of the PS3 selection was just old sports games and Rockband/Guitar hero

My store finally started going out of business and checked today and didn't find anything. Most games were marked higher then you can find them along with the blu-rays. It is amazing that people will buy Avatar for $20 used when Amazon has it for $17 for both the blu-ray and dvd but apparently people see going out of business and think everything is a great price.

I went to the local gc today connected hwv. I saw a couple of games worth the 20% off so i bit. Then i went to see how much a used PS3 Borderlands from the game vault would be with the 20% off. Got up there she ran the barcode took 20% off and told me 39.#$. I said 40 for a video used rental ill pass. Its 39.99 retail at most places now. I went into GC and they still have it NEW for 59.99

Stores in the area I'm currently in (N Illinois) started this week - 20% off. Hopefully I'll get something decent when they are at 60-70% b/c there's one location thats in the middle of no where.

Maybe not the best thread, but I ordered a bunch of dvd's off their website (using old trade-in credit) and my order has been processing for two weeks. Does anyone have any experience with their website? Is this unusual?

I picked up The Saboteur for $10.53 after tax for the PS3 at the other HWV in my area the other night at their closing sale.

I also asked about buying out all of the video game cases at the usual 10/$1.00 rate but I was told that I'd have to wait till later in the sale to do so. So I shot an email off to corporate to see if they can convince the store to let them go earlier.

I mainly want them for flipping purposes, such as selling them on CAG to folks who need the case/artwork/manual and can't find them anywhere else.

I don't wanna screw any customers who might want the actual cases and crap out of them, but from the looks of it no one has touched them besides me and one other guy who was flipping through them. We shall see though.
[quote name='wissy']My store finally started going out of business and checked today and didn't find anything. Most games were marked higher then you can find them along with the blu-rays. It is amazing that people will buy Avatar for $20 used when Amazon has it for $17 for both the blu-ray and dvd but apparently people see going out of business and think everything is a great price.[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause: Exactly. If it wasn't for the copy of Saboteur I bought being mismarked(was supposed to be marked $17.99, but was marked $12.99)I wouldn't have bought it, since the store I went to was only at 20% off.

I was bsing with one of the employees when I asked him about the game cases and we started talking about how the customers are shnooks for coming in at 20% off and thinking it's some great deal. We both got some dagger stares from a few customers walking around us at the time.:lol:

If EA had been about a week sooner with marking down the PS3 version of Saboteur to $19.99 on their web store, I would've been able to pick it up for $2.72 SHIPPED to my house and saved $7 and change.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked up The Saboteur for $10.53 after tax for the PS3 at the other HWV in my area the other night at their closing sale.

I also asked about buying out all of the video game cases at the usual 10/$1.00 rate but I was told that I'd have to wait till later in the sale to do so. So I shot an email off to corporate to see if they can convince the store to let them go earlier.

I mainly want them for flipping purposes, such as selling them on CAG to folks who need the case/artwork/manual and can't find them anywhere else.

I don't wanna screw any customers who might want the actual cases and crap out of them, but from the looks of it no one has touched them besides me and one other guy who was flipping through them. We shall see though.

:lol::applause: Exactly. If it wasn't for the copy of Saboteur I bought being mismarked(was supposed to be marked $17.99, but was marked $12.99)I wouldn't have bought it, since the store I went to was only at 20% off.

I was bsing with one of the employees when I asked him about the game cases and we started talking about how the customers are shnooks for coming in at 20% off and thinking it's some great deal. We both got some dagger stares from a few customers walking around us at the time.:lol:

If EA had been about a week sooner with marking down the PS3 version of Saboteur to $19.99 on their web store, I would've been able to pick it up for $2.72 SHIPPED to my house and saved $7 and change.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case (no pun intended!) I'll buy a couple I need off of you for .50 a case, not counting shipping of course. ;)

So mine has been 20/30 for a couple weeks now. How long does it normally take to see some really reductions?

[quote name='HydroX']If that's the case (no pun intended!) I'll buy a couple I need off of you for .50 a case, not counting shipping of course. ;)[/QUOTE]
:razz: I was thinking more like $1-5(before shipping) depending on the popularity of the games.;) I gotta make money, ya know.:bouncy:

I know they had like 6 God Of War 3 case/artwork/manual, 5-7 Bad Company 2(including 2-3 with the VIP code voucher) and at least 2 Heavy Rain WITH the origami paper still in the case.

I didn't even bother checking the Wii or 360 sections and the PS2 cases were mostly sans manuals and total garbage.

Hopefully corporate will get back to me tomorrow regarding purchasing the whole lot.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:razz: I was thinking more like $1-5(before shipping) depending on the popularity of the games.;) I gotta make money, ya know.:bouncy:

I know they had like 6 God Of War 3 case/artwork/manual, 5-7 Bad Company 2(including 2-3 with the VIP code voucher) and at least 2 Heavy Rain WITH the origami paper still in the case.

I didn't even bother checking the Wii or 360 sections and the PS2 cases were mostly sans manuals and total garbage.

Hopefully corporate will get back to me tomorrow regarding purchasing the whole lot.[/QUOTE]

If you are able to purchase the lot, there's only a couple games that I need cases for. You should put me first in line! Haha. :applause:

[quote name='HydroX']If you are able to purchase the lot, there's only a couple games that I need cases for. You should put me first in line! Haha. :applause:[/QUOTE]
Can ya get me another $40 monitor from Target that's sealed in the package? Then I'll ship ya a boxload of the cases.;)

[quote name='DV8']So mine has been 20/30 for a couple weeks now. How long does it normally take to see some really reductions?[/QUOTE]

I would think that they would have at least dropped another 10 percent each week, but that particular store may be doing well during the liquidation and they're keeping it going longer.

...can't believe its been 2 months since I last worked at hwv. It's so strange. ...I went crazy and ended up getting netflix; never realized how cool the instant on x360 is. :lol:

bread's done
Back