Official Nintendo E3 2007 Thread - DROPPENZALBOMBEN (Use MINE, Munch eats broccoli)

6glcas2.png

627r39j.png

So far this is the worst E3 ever. Microsoft was meh Nintendo was terrible. It's all in Sony's hands now on how bad this E3 will be.

[quote name='Tybee']lol...Are you also going to move to Canada? :roll:

What a bunch of whiny ass, narrow-minded, petulant bitches y'all are. What the fuck were you expecting? The second coming? Everyone had their pet project they wanted to see announced. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. But let's look at what we got:

- Hard dates for Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy.

- Nice previews of Phantom Hourglass and Metroid Prime Corruption.

- For the traditional gamers, we got Wii Mario Kart with online play (likely for 8+ players) due Q1 2008. Even if you weren't surprised by its announcement, you have to be surprised by the date.

- For the casual gamer we got Wii Fit. No, this is not something that appeals to most of the people on this board. It's not meant to. But quit bitching for a second. This is the kind of game that will sell thousands and thousands more Wiis (and software) to the demographic that Nintendo is proving astonishingly apt at tapping. This, in turn, will subsidize the Metroids, Marios, and Zeldas that appeal to a narrower demographic. Trust me: You want Nintendo to sell more Wiis, even if it's not for the games you bought it for.

Not the best E3 presser ever, but certainly not the abject shitfest you people are wailing over. I mean, CheapyD was in it, for fuck's sake! So simmer the Hell down.[/quote]

TL; DR -Disregard that, I suck cocks

[quote name='Tybee']lol...Are you also going to move to Canada? :roll:

What a bunch of whiny ass, narrow-minded, petulant bitches y'all are. What the fuck were you expecting? The second coming? Everyone had their pet project they wanted to see announced. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. But let's look at what we got:

- Hard dates for Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy.

- Nice previews of Phantom Hourglass and Metroid Prime Corruption.

- For the traditional gamers, we got Wii Mario Kart with online play (likely for 8+ players) due Q1 2008. Even if you weren't surprised by its announcement, you have to be surprised by the date.

- For the casual gamer we got Wii Fit. No, this is not something that appeals to most of the people on this board. It's not meant to. But quit bitching for a second. This is the kind of game that will sell thousands and thousands more Wiis (and software) to the demographic that Nintendo is proving astonishingly apt at tapping. This, in turn, will subsidize the Metroids, Marios, and Zeldas that appeal to a narrower demographic. Trust me: You want Nintendo to sell more Wiis, even if it's not for the games you bought it for.[/QUOTE]

Piss off. I've been a life long Nintendo fan. But this was a huge let down. Just a bunch of shit we already new was coming, getting dates where anyone with a brain expected the games to release etc. etc.

I wanted to see some new REAL games announcements to get me excited about having stuff to play beyond Metroid, Mario and Smash Bros which are pretty much all that has interested me out of the announced games before E3.

I'm hoping it will turn around, but if not, I'll get rid of the Wii after playing the aboved name games as I'm tired of having a $250 dust gathering paperweight in my home theater. And it pains me to say that as again I've been a life long Nintendo fan.

But if they're going to short change hard core games in effort to increase their profits by selling crap like Wiisports and Wii Fit to non-gamers, then I'll have no qualms with parting with the Wii.

It's not whining, bitching etc. Just acknowledging that Nintendo has shifted their focus, and I may well end up outside of their target market and thus have no desire to own the product.

To be fair, Nintendo never reveals much at any press event so to assume Super Mario Galaxy, MP3: Corruption, SSB: Brawl, Mario Kart, and Wii Fit are the only games down the pipeline would be foolish. I don't get how people are ready to abandon the console when God knows what they have planned behind closed doors. They probably chose E3 to promote Wii Fit because all other games they need to promote in the future can still pack a punch through previews on websites and magazines. Wii Fit is the type of game where you need a major press conference to show what the game is like.

What the hell is all this? As far as I know, Microsoft did the exact same thing and only previewed titles people knew were coming.

Is it really because Nintendo decided to demo a casual game instead of a "traditional" game?

They actually stayed around first party stuff, and left it to the third parties to announce their own stuff.

[quote name='Kendro']I don't get how people are ready to abandon the console when God knows what they have planned behind closed doors.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm waiting until next year. Both to play Metroid, Mario and Smash Bros., and to give them more time to convince me that 2008 will bring enough games to justify owning the system over a 360 (I don't game enough anymore to own multiple consoles really).

I also have a bad taste in my mouth after the N64 and GC dissapointed me. If not for the DS kicking ass I'd have probably skipped the Wii. So the slow start (for me) for the Wii is bringing back that bad, dust gathering taste in my mouth.

[quote name='EXStrike']What the hell is all this? As far as I know, Microsoft did the exact same thing and only previewed titles people knew were coming.

Is it really because Nintendo decided to demo a casual game instead of a "traditional" game?

They actually stayed around first party stuff, and left it to the third parties to announce their own stuff.[/QUOTE]

MS's sucked too and did little to knock me off the fence and pick up a 360 ASAP after a price drop.

It's just been a very boring and disappointing E3 so far, with not a single announcement that's got me remotely excited.

Sony may just win this by default just because everyone's expectations are so low now
neutral.gif

Of course I dont know how much real world relevance "winning E3" has. Seems to be about which company's fans were made happier.

I vaguely recall Sega doing well in 1999 and subsequently getting stomped in the market.

[quote name='dmaul1114']It's not whining, bitching etc. Just acknowledging that Nintendo has shifted their focus, and I may well end up outside of their target market and thus have no desire to own the product.[/quote]
Fair enough. That's obviously a choice you have to make for yourself. But I find it silly that people are still expecting some huge transformation and suddenly Nintendo is going to unveil a software library full of Xbox 360 type games. It's never going to happen, especially since they know that's not where their biggest market is. Sorry.

I have no doubt they will continue to support the franchise IPs that they've built to this point, and will introduce some new ones. There will always be games there for the traditional gamer. But if you want to play 360 games, play the 360.

Another thing I think people are forgetting: E3, now more than ever, is for the industry, NOT the consumer. I guarantee you every buyer for Target, WalMart, EB/GameStop, etc. was shitting a collective brick at the announcement of Wii Fit, because they know what kind of profits it will bring in. That's the audience Nintendo is trying to reach at this event. If you like it, great. But you're not the target.

[quote name='UncleBob']Who remembers last year when Nintendo didn't show SSBB at their press conference?[/QUOTE]

I do. That's why I'm still hoping for a new trailer this week. I'm guessing that's where they got the brief clip that they showed during the presentation.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Sony may just win this by default just because everyone's expectations are so low now
neutral.gif

Of course I dont know how much real world relevance "winning E3" has. Seems to be about which company's fans were made happier.

I vaguely recall Sega doing well in 1999 and subsequently getting stomped in the market.[/quote]

Exactly, this is all just for fun.

miyfwn5.gif

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Sony may just win this by default just because everyone's expectations are so low now
neutral.gif

I vaguely recall Sega doing well in 1999 and subsequently getting stomped in the market.[/quote]

Yeah good point. Like people on the board said, WiiFit doesnt really appeal to the hardcore nintendo fans, but its still gonna really help nintendo win over a lot more consumers. The medias gonna be all over it

Really looking forward to seeing what other titles will use the balance board.

I also love the design they finalized for the Zapper and how it's held...the idea of using it on Umbrella Chronicles really got me pumped. Also, I wonder what sort of game will be bundled with it - maybe a Hogan's Alley esque little shooting collection.

[quote name='Tybee']But I find it silly that people are still expecting some huge transformation and suddenly Nintendo is going to unveil a software library full of Xbox 360 type games.[/QUOTE]

I think your off base there. I don't want 360 type games or I'd never buy a Nintendo console.

I was hoping to see stuff like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, maybe a new Zelda, perhaps another Paper Mario game maybe some new franchises in the platforming genre, etc. etc.

Just some new CORE Nintendo style games.1

They're only covering stuff that is this year, for the most part. So your pikmins and animal crossings and whatnot will just have to wait for future coverages.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']They're only covering stuff that is this year, for the most part. So your pikmins and animal crossings and whatnot will just have to wait for future coverages.[/QUOTE]

True, but again I was just hoping for some stuff in 2008 to be revealed and that didn't happen.

Thus the conference was disappointing as it just covered stuff we already new.

The showfloor this week will be more telling of what is in store for core gamers in the future. In the mean time, what they did show wasn't too bad. Nothing surprising, and not too targeted to us.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Really looking forward to seeing what other titles will use the balance board.[/QUOTE]

I remember when they ALL did:

roll-n-rocker.jpg

[quote name='dallow']Think E3 will suck every year from now on?

TGS is where it's at now?[/quote]I'm very curious to see if anything new actually comes of E for All, or if its just a rehash of everything that's already known.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I think your off base there. I don't want 360 type games or I'd never buy a Nintendo console.

I was hoping to see stuff like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, maybe a new Zelda, perhaps another Paper Mario game maybe some new franchises in the platforming genre, etc. etc.

Just some new CORE Nintendo style games.1[/quote]

I'd love to see that stuff too, and there's no doubt in my mind that we will. But if you look at past E3s, that's not the kind of stuff that Nintendo announces at E3, and I think that goes double in E3's new, smaller incarnation. For the first time, Nintendo will have a big presence at the Tokyo Game Show this year. Expect big announcements there and at the show in Germany. Point by point:

- Pikmin and Animal Crossing are right there with Mario Kart as the titles everyone knows are coming. It's just a matter of when and in what form. Today, MK got the nod. Pikmin and AC will come soon. Count on it.

- With Phantom Hourglass yet to be released and TP still fresh in people's minds, it's not very realistic to expect the announcement of a new Zelda game right now. Next year, maybe.

- Paper Mario? What? SPM has only been out for a couple months. You already want a sequel?! I do hear that the original Paper Mario will be coming to Virtual Console sometime in the next few weeks, however.

[quote name='Kendro']Wii Fit is the type of game where you need a major press conference to show what the game is like.[/quote]

Apparently it doesn't work very well. ;^)

[quote name='Tybee']I'd love to see that stuff too, and there's no doubt in my mind that we will. But if you look at past E3s, that's not the kind of stuff that Nintendo announces at E3, and I think that goes double in E3's new, smaller incarnation. For the first time, Nintendo will have a big presence at the Tokyo Game Show this year. Expect big announcements there and at the show in Germany. Point by point:

- Pikmin and Animal Crossing are right there with Mario Kart as the titles everyone knows are coming. It's just a matter of when and in what form. Today, MK got the nod. Pikmin and AC will come soon. Count on it.

- With Phantom Hourglass yet to be released and TP still fresh in people's minds, it's not very realistic to expect the announcement of a new Zelda game right now. Next year, maybe.

- Paper Mario? What? SPM has only been out for a couple months. You already want a sequel?! I do hear that the original Paper Mario will be coming to Virtual Console sometime in the next few weeks, however.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. To be more general, I just wanted to hear some announcements of new games that I actually give a flying fuck about. But I was probably expecting too much as such games have been few and far between on Nintendo consoles (GBA and DS aside) for me over the past decade.

As for Paper Mario, I'm hoping for a real RPG version ala the first two. The mesh of platformer and RPG, while still good, floundered some what as it ended up doing neither aspect great.

Well, Sony won't have to do much to top Nintendo... Nintendo's press conference sucked like no other. They barely showed anything about SSBB and nothing new that looked good. The only worthwhile things were Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Really looking forward to seeing what other titles will use the balance board.

I also love the design they finalized for the Zapper and how it's held...the idea of using it on Umbrella Chronicles really got me pumped. Also, I wonder what sort of game will be bundled with it - maybe a Hogan's Alley esque little shooting collection.[/QUOTE]

I was also excited about the zapper. The best part is that it's only $20 and comes with a game! Of course which will be Duck Hunt Wii. I also thought the wheel was awesome since it has buttons on the back.

I think the problem with Nintendo is that as the company heads get older, they start making games for older people and the younger audience gets basically left in the dust. Miyamoto is like 54 now. Of course he is going to make games for 50 year olds.

[quote name='Scrubking']I was also excited about the zapper. The best part is that it's only $20 and comes with a game! Of course which will be Duck Hunt Wii. I also thought the wheel was awesome since it has buttons on the back.[/QUOTE]

The zapper could be cool. The wheel not so much as it's just silly holding a wheel in the air to steer. Same reason I didn't like Excitetruck as I just hated the controls with holding the Wiimote in the air. I'd rather buy a full wheel and pedals if I was going to bother with a wheel for a racing game. Otherwise I just prefer traditional analog controls for racers.

The board doesn't excite me as all as I don't want to stand up to play games. Its fine for games like Wiisports where you just play in short bursts. But I wouldn't want to do it for a more involved game.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I think the problem with Nintendo is that as the company heads get older, they start making games for older people and the younger audience gets basically left in the dust.[/quote]I don't think it is that. I think what they are doing is trying to reach out to the mass audience which is the older people because they know their core gamer stuff isn't on par with other consoles yet and the only way to get other third party devs on board is to do the mainstream stuff to say hey yeah this sells.

Damn.

I missed the conference because my computer is garbage.

I'll probably miss the PS3 one, too.

At least I caught the Microsoft one at my friend's house, last night.

Can't believe there are so many haters in this thread. I think Nintendo's conference was heads and shoulders above Microsoft's. At least we got confirmation that all the big 3 games are coming out this year (which honestly amazes me - I thought for sure SMG was going to get pushed into '08) plus Mario Kart Wii with online play.

People seem disappointed that '08 games were not talked about but no one is talking about games that are coming out next year at this E3. As someone else stated, TGS is probably where a lot more information about the '08 games is going to be released.

I was surprised that Smash Brothers Brawl was not mentioned in Reggie's "online" portion of the speech. I'm beginning to think that Brawl will not have online play even though it was stated otherwise before.

[quote name='Scrubking']I was also excited about the zapper. The best part is that it's only $20 and comes with a game! Of course which will be Duck Hunt Wii. I also thought the wheel was awesome since it has buttons on the back.[/quote]

I didn't see buttons. I saw a cutout for the Wiimote trigger and some sort of decorative blue ring.

I missed this one, and watching the Sony one first. I have Microsoft downloaded and Nintendo will be as soon as GameSpot posts it. I won't comment on the news yet, but so far I've not been dissapointed, mostly due to lack of expectation at this E3.

The sole news I'm trembling about is new Double Fine title, if perchance that IS the "Untitled (TBC)" listing from Sierra/Vivendi announcement list.

I will say, however, that since every bitch analyst mentioned that "family gamers" will not get into anything other than Wii Sports. Wii Fit is a perfect answer, better than anything I've anticipated.

[quote name='lebowsky']Can't believe there are so many haters in this thread. I think Nintendo's conference was heads and shoulders above Microsoft's. At least we got confirmation that all the big 3 games are coming out this year (which honestly amazes me - I thought for sure SMG was going to get pushed into '08) plus Mario Kart Wii with online play.

[/quote]So, Nintendo's was better because they confirmed 3 games for 2007, while Microsoft confirmed like, 10?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']So, Nintendo's was better because they confirmed 3 games for 2007, while Microsoft confirmed like, 10?[/quote]

It was better IMO because Micorosft "confirmed" nothing. We knew all of those games were going to be released in 2007. Nintendo's games, specifically Brawl and Galaxy, were both rumored to be pushed back into '08. The fact that Nintendo is releasing all 3 if its big IPs this year was worth the 40 mins I spent watching multiple YouTube montages.

Mario Kart Wii with online was just icing on the cake.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Oh hey, Fire Emblem just got Nov 5.[/quote]been waiitng on this...

anyways first time i watched an E3 conference or actually paid attention to it..

a fat ass will be a fat ass unless they change their diet and have a frequent exercise routine..

i think the reason nintendo and M$ showed stuff coming out this year is because in actuality they seem to be the front runners here in America..

Sony needs to do the opposite...Price cut was the first step now its the games..

bread's done
Back