Official Trophy Thread - 4/21: Enhanced Trophy Lists Coming in Firmware 3.30

Finally got the plat for Grid 2 tonight.  I know a lot of people say the game is easy, and the story mode is not that bad if you set mode to very easy. Even then, a couple of events gave me a bit of trouble due to the cars I picked. All the extra trophies were you have time limit runs or the crazy drift score one were pretty tough for me.  I am glad it is done now.  

I finished another game that had been a pain in my ass tonight.  Start the Party is easy except for a handful of trophies.  A couple had good strategies that I had not seen when I played it last that helped a lot.  The Chain King trophy was a total pain in the ass and why I set it down when I last played it.  I was so happy when I got that one tonight.

Plat #35 Magus

Probably the fastest and easiest platinum I've ever gotten. Not a very good game and it's not really bad enough to be enjoyable, it's just kinda boring and bland. Back to Gamefly! 

100% on Octodad.  That makes me happy.

I really think Lumines vita should have had a platinum - there's a couple tough ass trophies in there and one long grind.  Finally picked off the 30 blocks in 30s trophy, but I still can't envision a future where I can beat master mode.

100% on Octodad. That makes me happy.

I really think Lumines vita should have had a platinum - there's a couple tough ass trophies in there and one long grind. Finally picked off the 30 blocks in 30s trophy, but I still can't envision a future where I can beat master mode.
They need to bring a Lumines to the damn PS4 and have hard as **** trophies so ppl will play it 4eva. Stuff like win 1000 multiplayer matches, clear arcade mode advance in 1 life, get 99 erased blocks in 30 seconds and etc.

I love Lumines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIerIFLvk

the tomb raider mp grind is a soulless shit fest and whoever decided that it shouldn't stop at level 50 but instead go all the way to 60 _and_ have those last 10 levels comprise 1/3 of the overall xp gain should have his testicles rebalanced.

on a more pleasant note, if anyone has a lunch break to kill frogger returns 100% takes about 20-30 minutes and is mildly entertaining.  3 gold trophies, 1 silver, and I think it was free with PS+ at one point (otherwise I have no idea how I ended up with it).

Plat #56 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise

Never finished the Wii version because of the lame controller. Now I wish they'd HD-ify No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. Cool game, but not sure if I could deal with the Wii for the sequel. :(

Platted Magus with all the talk about it, it was by far one of the crappiest looking and playing games I have ever played. Can't say I enjoyed it other than what it did for my completion %

Next: JoJo's adventure from GF

Platted Magus with all the talk about it, it was by far one of the crappiest looking and playing games I have ever played. Can't say I enjoyed it other than what it did for my completion %

Thanks for posting that. I had checked Gamefly earlier and they did not have it listed. I thought it was because it was pretty much an Amazon exclusive. Added it to my Q.

There is maintenance on DoS so now I gotta decide what game to play. Anyone buy DBZ on the vita when it was on sale last week?

the tomb raider mp grind is a soulless shit fest and whoever decided that it shouldn't stop at level 50 but instead go all the way to 60 _and_ have those last 10 levels comprise 1/3 of the overall xp gain should have his testicles rebalanced.

on a more pleasant note, if anyone has a lunch break to kill frogger returns 100% takes about 20-30 minutes and is mildly entertaining. 3 gold trophies, 1 silver, and I think it was free with PS+ at one point (otherwise I have no idea how I ended up with it).
I liked the first two games I played but that grind to level 60 was hell.

I had a lot of fun with jojo. The combos are really fun to pull of.

There is maintenance on DoS so now I gotta decide what game to play. Anyone buy DBZ on the vita when it was on sale last week?

I liked the first two games I played but that grind to level 60 was hell.

I had a lot of fun with jojo. The combos are really fun to pull of.
Dbz played the demo and hated it.

Bummer about DoS.

Hated gta 5 mp the most. Tomb was super fast, solo.

on a more pleasant note, if anyone has a lunch break to kill frogger returns 100% takes about 20-30 minutes and is mildly entertaining. 3 gold trophies, 1 silver, and I think it was free with PS+ at one point (otherwise I have no idea how I ended up with it).
Hahahaha, you should play Payday 2 or HAWX. The XP required for the last 10 levels is like more than 50% of all the XP you gained.

Also damn I got to still do multiplayer on GTA5 and I heard they killed all the glitches.
I did all the GTA V multiplayer stuff not too long ago and from what I read back then, they fix glitches all the time, but new ones seem to replace them. I used 2 easy methods to get all the way to rank 100 and they are probably still good. They are really boring and repetitive, but I was able to watch Netflix on my laptop while I played, which is good with me. The worst part about multiplayer was getting the platinum medals trophy.

mother fuck er that took forever

True Survivor
Unlock every Tomb Raider trophy.

14th May 2014
5:35:15 AM

I know mathematically that mp grind should take around 10 hours if you just do solo beach runs, but it sure did feel like a billion trillion.

Going to run through RE4 HD on professional now to finish up the trophies on that game (one of my favorites).  I've never actually tried to get all the bottle caps on the previous 10 times I've finished it so it'll be fun to see how much trouble that is.   I _just_ learned that the zoot suit costume makes Ashley invincible so I'll probably want to start my existing professional save over, but getting reacquainted with the controls before getting too far in can't be a bad thing, right?

picked up some cheap NCAA games I never finished now that I got a PS3 again... Will Also definitely go After the PES 2014 one...  Sports are my business as long as there aren't really any cheap online stuff!  On my way to platinum MLB the show on Vita and PS4

Plat #57 - Dungeon Defenders

It sucks that Trendy never supported the console versions with the new classes, levels, and modes. Online also going kaput, they only saving PC version. I also heard that Dungeon Defenders 2 not coming to consoles.

Platinum #5 NCAA 2010... Would have platted it when I first got it, but dumb me forgot to save my profile after playing through 30 games for the all Bowl trophies trophy.  

Now onto NCAA 12 that I have 82% done from when it was released!

Should be going for quite a few clean up plats that I never finished.

NCAA 12

Uncharted

NCAA 11

NCAA 13

PES 2014

Arkham Asylum

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

and Madden 12

Finally put in the time to finish up the evil expert playthrough of Second Son. Pretty easy plat. Most difficult thing was finding the motivation to play through the game twice, especially since cut scenes aren't skippable (from what I could tell).

RPG, I learned when I helped my last friend with Sunflowers we need to both be online for the near thing.  I can not just batch send them to you.  You would only get the last batch of 5.  That was why I did not send any last night.

Ill repost here that we are trying to get a group together tonight to get the Kingpin trophy from Undead Nightmare DLC for RDR tonight at 7:30pm EST.  If anyone could help, that would be awesome.

http://www.truetrophies.com/gamingsession.aspx?gamingsessionid=1533

Plat #58 - Drakengard 3

Anyone else playing? Or notice that a lot of the trophies have different names on trophy sites like psnprofiles and truetrophies than what popped up and is still listed on my PS3?

He was a revolutionary.  A man of the people.  He was spittin truth that some people just didn't want to hear.  So The Man brought him down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am finally getting around to playing Bioshock 1 on PS3. I played the shit out of it on X360 (one of the only games I got all achievements for) and I plan on doing the same for PS3. It should be my 5th plat when I am all said and done. And then it will be onto Bio2 and Infinite.

Long time lurker of this thread, first time poster. Maybe I can get some advice on some problem areas.

On my way to getting a plat for inFamous 2 (just cleansing the palate before the hard-evil playthrough). Much easier and less frustrating than the first game regarding the stunts and the shards.

Stuck on Shadow of the Colossus' freaking hard playthough (third one is a pain), had to put that on hold...

Batman AA's challenges are a pain as well...

I might start tomb raider legend or prince of persia next.

I am finally getting around to playing Bioshock 1 on PS3. I played the shit out of it on X360 (one of the only games I got all achievements for) and I plan on doing the same for PS3. It should be my 5th plat when I am all said and done. And then it will be onto Bio2 and Infinite.
I've had Bioshock in my backlog for years, played it years ago but with not being a huge fan of fps games I put it on hold, def want to play it because of how good the story is (and because its already in my trophy list thing lol).

K I was stuck on level 4 on Veteran difficulty on Resogun.  But now I just 1CC cleared Experienced difficulty.  Seems like that should have been the hardest trophy in the game, I should be able to get through Veteran, right?

EDIT: Got the plat with almost no problems.  I must have significantly improved since I was stuck on Level 4 on Veteran a couple days ago.

K I was stuck on level 4 on Veteran difficulty on Resogun. But now I just 1CC cleared Experienced difficulty. Seems like that should have been the hardest trophy in the game, I should be able to get through Veteran, right?

EDIT: Got the plat with almost no problems. I must have significantly improved since I was stuck on Level 4 on Veteran a couple days ago.
shmups at large are intimidating to me. they're one of those genres that I looooove to play but am terrible at. resogun is a fantastic game and I would love to plat it, but I haven't managed to ace the second (third?) boss yet.

shmups at large are intimidating to me. they're one of those genres that I looooove to play but am terrible at. resogun is a fantastic game and I would love to plat it, but I haven't managed to ace the second (third?) boss yet.
Somewhat oddly, the 2nd boss in the game is by far the most difficult.

Somewhat oddly, the 2nd boss in the game is by far the most difficult.
any tips? in general or for the boss? you're making me want to make another go of it.

ffx may be the longest I've spent on a game in the past 5 years, with dragon's crown plat coming in at a distant second. it's amazing to me (not in a critical way) that people have already platted ffx and ffx-2 since they were released. where does everyone find the time?

well, fuck it anyways, only 1 full and 3 half sphere grids to go. once I'm done it's going to be like one of those scenes in a movie where a dude comes out of a bomb shelter or prison after 20 years and he shields his squinting eyes from the intolerable and overbearing sunlight.

any tips? in general or for the boss? you're making me want to make another go of it.
Use the Nemesis and get comfortable with boosting. It can get you out of tons of bad situations and gives you a few seconds of invulnerability. And make sure to pick up all the weapon power-ups you can. I think there are 2 per level, so keep an eye out for them.

For the 2nd boss, just hang back and shoot the green lights on the side of the wheel. After a couple rounds you'll blow one up, so just start working on the others that you've weakened. The boss changes his spinning pattern after you blow one of those up, so just shoot whatever one comes next and use boost to zoom back and forth over or under the boss to get to the other ones when they're easy to hit.

2nd part of the boss is easy, just stay far away and take your time. Use boost when necessary. Crappy thing about the Nemesis is that it's not very powerful so you have to spend a lot more time on bosses. Luckily all the bosses besides the 2nd one are pretty easy to beat without getting hit.

About to platinum PEs 2014.... that game Sucked!!!  And the platinum is too much of a grind for something dumb!  So excited to play some actually good games for platinums.  up next: Uncharted series! (Throw in Wolfenstein in my 5 day video game marathon thanks to my wife being out of town next week!) 

finally platinum'd PES 2014... 7th platinum.  Now going for the three plats in Sound Shapes... on the damn death mode!!!  Rather challenging, but rewarding.

bread's done
Back