*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

My brother and I found two Socom's w/ the headsets. They were behind the counter ... not on the shelf, so if you want one just try asking.

To Nephet's question, I managed a haul of SSX3 Super Monkey Ball, and Sphinx for the Gamecube, as well as VF: Evo for the PS2 (very satisfied with that purchase).

No Disgaea anywhere within northern Virginia.

[quote name='KliqDx2k2']Can anyone confirm the $75 XBOX with Tetris bundle. Was anyone able to find one?[/quote]

Not in NY where im from. Nobody has it.

It is funny, I curse TRU at Nanuet, NY/Paramus, NJ locations for having nothing good, but still end up spending over $100.

Dynasty Warriors 3(Xbox)
Links 2000(Xbox)
Morrowind GOTY(Xbox)
Deus Ex(Xbox)
MGS2:S(Xbox)
Medal of Honor:RS(GC)
Namco Museum(GC)
Ths Sims(GC)
Mortal Kombat(GC)
Sphinx(GC)
Worms Blast(GC)

Nothing good...I will hurt the person who cleaned them out
Also Thanks for the CAG's for posting all their deals, it helped a lot!

[quote name='masha']Ok. I'm done with TRU. This is what I've got and I was missing in my collection..

Thanks OP and everyone who contributed to the list , I also would like to thank TRU employees in KS and MO area for help, pricechecks, and stockroom search :D .

TRU-Final.jpg
[/quote]

I think you have enough video games to display at a museum...:wink:

[quote name='"Deathmonkey"']My brother and I found two Socom's w/ the headsets. They were behind the counter ... not on the shelf, so if you want one just try asking.[/quote]

I asked at 3 stores down here, we have no SOCOMs around

[quote name='Ericnmel99'][quote name='KliqDx2k2']Can anyone confirm the $75 XBOX with Tetris bundle. Was anyone able to find one?[/quote]

Not in NY where im from. Nobody has it.[/quote]

Hey Ericnmel99, have you gone to the one by Roosevelt field? I checked last week for the PS2 bundle, but I dont know about the Xbox bundle.

Today I picked up:

Metal Gear Solid 2(Xbox) $7.49
Worms Blast (GC) $10.00
Onimusha Tactics (GBA) $10.00
MicroMachines (Ps2) $4.99
Chase Hollywood (Xbox) $7.49

AT The TRU on La Cienaga, Los Angeles, CA.

I played a little Micromachines, and found it to be pretty fun for the price. It's like driving an RC racer. Worms Blast, I though would be just like Bust-A-Move; it's not, really, but I like it. And, it has a bunch of different modes.

Hit up the Albany, OR store today and got a good haul:

Marvel vs Capcom 2(Xbox) $19.99
Boktai(GBA) $7.50
Soul Caliber 2(Xbox) $9.99
.Hack 3: Outbreak(PS2) $14.99
Devil May Cry 2(PS2) $9.99

Not sure if DMC2 was on the list but I picked it up since its worth the $10. Albany had tons of games including many DC, SNES, Genesis games to boot.

Also I'm still looking for a Disgaea and would be open to trades. My 2 closest TRU stores still have a good selection and not even the employees knew about it until they rang me up so I could pick a game or 2 and trade for a Disgaea if there are any takers.

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.... is it on sale? I have heard of people getting it, but it's not on the list. (XBOX VERSION) Thanks in advance.

[quote name='ChronoBreak']Hit up the Albany, OR store today and got a good haul:

Marvel vs Capcom 2(Xbox) $19.99
Boktai(GBA) $7.50
Soul Caliber 2(Xbox) $9.99
.Hack 3: Outbreak(PS2) $14.99
Devil May Cry 2(PS2) $9.99

Not sure if DMC2 was on the list but I picked it up since its worth the $10. Albany had tons of games including many DC, SNES, Genesis games to boot.

Also I'm still looking for a Disgaea and would be open to trades. My 2 closest TRU stores still have a good selection and not even the employees knew about it until they rang me up so I could pick a game or 2 and trade for a Disgaea if there are any takers.[/quote]

when I drive up with my friend too his college at albany ill be sure too check it out

There's a Micro Machines for PS2? I loved MicroMachines on Sega Genesis, but wasn't really impressed by the one on PS1 [except for the novel way of playing 4 players with two controllers.]

[quote name='zombieman']Nothing good...I will hurt the person who cleaned them out[/quote]

I doubt that they were cleaned out. I was the first person in my TRU last Saturday morning, and they barely had anything. I went in a day or two later, and they still had the same selection.

I think I'm almost glad that I didn't get much from this. Or at least as much as I wanted. Advance Wars and Pinball of the Dead would have been great, but I'm so backed up on games. I still am playing games from the KB Toys clearance last Dec.
On the bright side, I won't have to buy another game for full price for a long while :D except WarioWare DS and Donkey Konga, both of which I won't be able to wait for.

If anyone lives in MN, the St. Cloud TRU still had a pretty good selection this morning. There were tons of GC, XBox, PS2 and GBA games, and a handful of DC and N64 titles. I even passed on several of the games I wanted, in the interest of purchasing my books this semester. I got:

Pac Man World 2/Pac Man Vs. (GC, a few copies left)
Soul Calibur 2 (GC, several copies left)
Castlevania: CotM (GBA, a few copies left)
VF4: Evolution (PS2, last copy)
Guilty Gear X2 (PS2, last copy)
Front Mission 3 (PS, last copy)

However, when I got into my car, I noticed that VF4 was opened already, and of course there was no disc inside. I ran back into the store to show them, but they weren't about to believe me. I encouraged one of the workers to search my car or to call the police, and after about fifteen minutes of them talking to each other in the back room, they informed me that there were no copies left. I was given the option to choose a different game, but declined. After some arguing, I got my money back. Just a warning--make sure you check your games before you leave the store. I guess this isn't terribly uncommon at TRU.

Time to do my part and post my findings...

The Toys R Us on Gratiot (Macomb Mall area) was more or less a bust for me, the Console-less CAG. The GBA selection sucked for the most part, but I got my sister Boktai for $7.50. I would have grabbed a copy too, but I live in our basement and don't get much sunlight down there...

The TRU up by the Lakeside Mall, though, was another story. I'd say about half of the GBA list was on the shelves. Got myself Karnaaj and Virtua Tennis for a total of $10.

Both stores seemed to have a decent selection of console games, but I didn't pay very much attention to them.

Finally...a deal I've actually gotten in on! It's hard to find sales for your collection when all you've got is a GBA... :D

This is what I got from the deal today.
XBOX Sphynx - 6.47
PS2 Gladiator (not on the list) - 14.99
PS2 Disgaea - 24.99 1 left in the store now

Also want to note that I tried Backyard wrestling for the Xbox came up to 14.99 not 10.00 like the one on the list.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']im curious as to how this sale is generating more posts and interest than the whole cc sale....this sale is no where near as good as the cc sale[/quote]

Well... at least for me, the quality of title has been better at the TRU sale than at the CC sale, for the most part...

[quote name='trustcompany1013']im curious as to how this sale is generating more posts and interest than the whole cc sale....this sale is no where near as good as the cc sale[/quote]

I think the reason its generating more post is this:

Reason 1

School is still out and the CC sale ran within the end of the school year.

Reason 2

Larger user base then before.

Reason 3

ALot of cheapasses have an opportunity to get some games and post then complain that some CC employee took them or some cheapass took over one hundred games.

But I think its because we have nothing to do but post in the forums :wink:

Today I picked up these games at TRU...

Sphinx- 6.40
Sims- 9.99
Starsky & Hutch- 4.50
Metal Arms- 9.99
Fuzion Frenzy- 9.99
Shemnue II- 9.87

didn't read through all 79 pages so I don't know if this was already mentioned. I picked up 4 brand new first-party DC controllers for .99 cents.

I would offer to sell them, but I think the shipping would kill the deal.

My surprise comes from the fact that no one's threatened to punch or call anyone out for hogging a bunch of games. Could it be that the group's growing up? :D

Because there are a whole bunch of friggin noobs asking the same questions over and over.

It's only a matter of time before we see even more questions about which console bundles are half off.

I disagree. The overall quality of games in this deal is much better than the CC deal IMO, although there was alot of crossover. The CC deal was alot cheaper obviously and had more games included. The only way CC would be better was if you were able to score alot of the highly sought after stuff like MP 4, Viewtiful Joe, Disgaea, etc., which you probably did. :D

Someone got Soul Calibur 2 (xbox) for $10 yet it's not on the list. That lists needs to be updated. There are probably more games we don't know about that have been slashed. Unless there is an updated list that I didn't see yet.

Just got back from my local TRU.

They still have:

GC:

Soul Calibur II (Non-GH)
LotR: TT (GH)
MoH: Rising Sun
The Sims

PS2:

Sphinx and the Curse of the Mummy
Dark Cloud (GH)

PSX:

Gran Turismo 2 (GH)
Saga Frontier 2 (GH)
Front Mission 3
Legend of Dragoon (GH)

Unfortunately, I'm broke so I only got 3 games (LotR: TT, Soul Caliber II and MoH: Rising Sun).

If anyone wants stuff that my TRU has, PM me.

There were more they had and if you mention them, I might remember. So, if you got something you want, PM me and we might be able to work something out where I pick it up for you.

P.S. The employees there had NO IDEA about the sale lol

i got Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 XBOX $20
Prince of Persia XBOX $10
GBA Glacier with E-Reader $35

the TRU i went to had 1st party xbox controllers for 50% off but there were none left and also there was an N64 Pokemon Stadium Bundle for 18.99 after the 50%

I just got back and got bomberman online, rebel strike, and ratchet and clank 2. most of this stuff wasnt even at the store i went to, or it was and it just sucks and i didnt want it.

They did have it advertised at the store though, they were putting green tags on 50% off things. the guy there was very helpful and hadnt finished stickering everything so he helped me find R&C. im happy :)

this sale sort of sucked

my place was cleaned out saturday night All i found was 1 gameboy game and FFt for ps1

rest of the stuff was wiped ( i think the people who worked at the tru took all the good stuff)

lol

I know this is a sort of stupid question, but have there been any times when a GBA (Glacier or Indigo) has not comeup at $35? Oh, and will fuschia ones work too?

[quote name='Santurio']has anyone actually played Sneakers (the mouse gang game) is it worth keeping???[/quote]

I haven't played it myself. But this is one of the titles that most game reviewers refer to as..."well, XXX blows, but at least it's not as bad as Sneakers!" ;)

My ex-boss had a connection at MS and bought this game for $10 via the employee program nearly 2 years ago. And he said it wasn't even worth $10.
Try reading some of the reviews, as I recall, IGN's review of it was quite funny: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/375/375451p1.html?fromint=1

I just got a GBA Glacier (without E-Reader) for $35. They still have more at the Frisco, TX TRU in case anyone in the Dallas area is looking for one.

A lot of Intec accessories are also on sale.

multitap vertical stand & av switch: $15
multitap horizontal stand & av switch: $15
av switch: $10
starter pack with controller, remote, extension cord: $15
2 controllers: $15

some other things also.

This is what I saw at my TRU:
PS2:
Silent Hill 3
Freaky Flyers
Devil May Cry
Onimusha (not 2)
Collin McRae
Virtual Fighter 4 Evo

Xbox:
Sphinx
Gauntlet
Robotech Battle Cry

I did not check much because it was late and I was there for the DC stuff. I just checked the Xbox because my bro has that system.

I picked up:
DC Worms World Party $4.95 This was not on prior lists
DC Soul Fighter $3.74
DC Unreal Tournament $3.45

Xbox Sphinx $6.47

PC Tron 2.0 $10

Also got some Clearance DC controllers.

I just got back from my TRU. Looks like they are putting green tags on the games, they also pulled most of them off the shelves and put them into a cart in the backroom. I'm going to head back tomorrow to see if they put any of the games back out. All they currently had green tagged was Simpsons Hit and Run for the PS2, Magic Pengal, and something on the cube.

thanks to the OP, i picked up:

Simpsons Hit & Run (GC) - $20
Wario World (GC) - $15
Pac-Man vs.(GC) - $10
Ape Escape (PSOne) - $7.50
Point Blank 3 (PSOne) - $7.50
SSX3 (XBOX) - $10
MGS2: Substance - $8
Hunter: Redeemer - $10
Midnight Club II (PS2) - $10

XBOX Live Starter Kit - 24.99!!!!

Are the Dreamcast games supposed to be 50% off the tagged price or are they tagged for the correct price because the prices are YMMV? I bought NHL 2K2 which was tagged $4.90 and there was nothing about a green dot sale on the receipt and it was $4.90 after it was totalled.

[quote name='Wario64']Has anyoen check to see if Pikmin (player's choice) is 50% off?[/quote]

It's not. I checked while I was working the other day, walking a customer around the department and recommending games.

-Hoshi

bread's done
Back