OLD DEAL/ EMAILS FINALLY SENT OUT Best Buy $10 Savings Code with $10+ Store Pickup Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
THIS DEAL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I SIMPLY UNLOCKED THIS OLD THREAD AS WAS PLANNED ONCE THE EMAILS STARTED COMING OUT.

Best Buy has a promo running where you get a $10 savings code for each $10 or more order you place with in store pickup (maximum three total transactions).

Promo Link

The orders need to be $10 or more pretax and so ideally to maximize gains you can get $10 eShop or PSN cards (cannot find physical $10 XBL card correct me if I'm wrong). With a maximum of three orders just place 3x single $10 card orders and then we all should get the credits in January and can essentially buy $30 more credit making it $60 credit for $30.

I am sure there are other good ways to use this promo but this seems ideal for most here!

Fine Print:

*Offer valid 12/3/17–12/16/17 on BestBuy.com orders with Store Pickup items totaling $10 or more (before taxes and shipping costs). Limit of 3 qualified transactions (limit of $30 in savings codes) during the promotional period. Limit 1 savings code per customer per transaction. Valid e-mail address must be provided when ordering to receive savings code. Savings code(s) will be e-mailed starting on 1/14/18 and are valid through 2/3/18. Savings code(s) may be redeemed online or in store. Not valid if your order is canceled, your item(s) are returned, or on item(s) that are not available for Store Pickup. Products from the following brands are excluded from this Store Pickup offer: Bose®, Boston Acoustics, Breville, Electrolux, Google, Leap, Sonos, and Wacom. In addition, select televisions, sound bars and Blu-ray players from Samsung, Sony and LG, the Dyson Supersonic, select projectors, select Beats by Dr. Dre, and select headphones and portable speakers by Sony are excluded from the offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my 3x $10 PSN cards today. Said they almost couldn't find them so guess they were the last ones. Now to wait and see if the savings codes show up. ;)

I experimented a bit more. I re-ordered the $20 steam card (in stock locally) but this time used just a gift card, no reward certs. So they have canceled all 3 of my orders for a steam card using some variation of either gift card or reward cert. Annoying.

I just hope this is the only trouble i have but can still order other products online from them :whistle2:(

Picked up my 3x $10 PSN cards today. Said they almost couldn't find them so guess they were the last ones. Now to wait and see if the savings codes show up. ;)
For some reason they seem to be hard to find in store. Only two BBs within 100 miles of me showed them when I looked on the site a few days ago.

Where do you redeem the Nintendo eshop cards?

I bought two of them, but I can't get it to redeem (I've only tried one code so far)

I've found three different Nintendo web pages that accept 16-character codes. Two of them generated errors after clicking redeem, and the other gave me an error as soon as I tried to input an O or a zero.

Edit:

I went onto the Switch itself, and the codes worked with add funds button. Does it work on a web browser, or do codes always need to be used on the system?

I bought two of them, but I can't get it to redeem (I've only tried one code so far)

I've found three different Nintendo web pages that accept 16-character codes. Two of them generated errors after clicking redeem, and the other gave me an error as soon as I tried to input an O or a zero.
eshop.nintendo.net/redeem

I've had troubles recently with using that page for codes bought digitally too so it might not just be you.

Done in store pickup for tales of berseria, Xenoblade 2, and Ys 8 in the past 10 days. After the gift cards plus 10 more dollars in certs, looking forward to getting Ni No Kuni 2 for 8 bucks.

Edit:

I went onto the Switch itself, and the codes worked with add funds button. Does it work on a web browser, or do codes always need to be used on the system?
Sometimes you can use the redeem page linked above, but it doesn’t normally work.

The only webpage I have been able to add funds using an eshop card is when I am checking out on the web store. They’ll let you add the funds then.

Ended up getting :ps4: Skyrim, :ps4: Okami HD and a nose hair trimmer. :D It offered me the $1 off for store pickup when I ordered Okami so hopefully that doesn't interfere with the $10 code.

Done in store pickup for tales of berseria, Xenoblade 2, and Ys 8 in the past 10 days. After the gift cards plus 10 more dollars in certs, looking forward to getting Ni No Kuni 2 for 8 bucks.
Ugh, NNK2 was just delayed to March!! Now I'll need to find something to buy. I think this expires first week of February.

Just to clarify, Ship-to-Store PSN/eShop cards should qualify for this, correct? They don't have to be in stock in my local store?

Ugh, NNK2 was just delayed to March!! Now I'll need to find something to buy. I think this expires first week of February.
I guess you could pre-order it?

That's disappointing but the end of January was kind of overloaded with games. Might take a vacation week in March for NNK2 since I'm already taking one for Monster Hunter World and didn't want to use two of my five weeks in January.

Ended up getting :ps4: Skyrim, :ps4: Okami HD and a nose hair trimmer. :D It offered me the $1 off for store pickup when I ordered Okami so hopefully that doesn't interfere with the $10 code.
...Best Buy sells nose hair trimmers? Hubert...you son of a gun! :applause: :applause:

The offer says it expires on 12/16. What happens if I place the order on 12/13 but I pick it up on the 19th? This has probably already been mentioned, so I apologize in advance.

The offer says it expires on 12/16. What happens if I place the order on 12/13 but I pick it up on the 19th? This has probably already been mentioned, so I apologize in advance.
Shoot, Ness, I had the same exact question.

Bought a $10 PSN card, no problem.  Bought another one a half hour later, cancelled.  Tried again after another half hour, cancelled.  Both cancellations happened a couple of minutes after the confirmation email was sent.

Tried it again after a couple of hours (putting it after midnight) with a different payment method.  It's been over 10 minutes with no cancellation, so here's hoping that one sticks.  If it does, I'll try for the 3rd one later.

If you're having trouble with cancellations, try switching up your payment method or waiting a few hours (or maybe until the next day).

EDIT:

Nevermind, still canceled.  It just took them 20 minutes this time.

Damnit, if they don't want people to make completely legit transactions for the sake of the bonus offer, they should just add it to the damn exclusions list.  This is infuriating.

Bought a $10 PSN card, no problem. Bought another one a half hour later, cancelled. Tried again after another half hour, cancelled. Both cancellations happened a couple of minutes after the confirmation email was sent.

Tried it again after a couple of hours (putting it after midnight) with a different payment method. It's been over 10 minutes with no cancellation, so here's hoping that one sticks. If it does, I'll try for the 3rd one later.

If you're having trouble with cancellations, try switching up your payment method or waiting a few hours (or maybe until the next day).

EDIT:

Nevermind, still canceled. It just took them 20 minutes this time.

Damnit, if they don't want people to make completely legit transactions for the sake of the bonus offer, they should just add it to the damn exclusions list. This is infuriating.
Is it just PSN cards they're doing that to? I saw the same thing from a user at Slickdeals. He switched to 20 dollar cards and they stopped being cancelled. I did 3 individual 10 dollar Nintendo e-Shop cards in 3 successive orders within minutes of each other and they all went through fine.

Shoot, Ness, I had the same exact question.
It seems improbable that they would acccept store pickup later than 12/6 to qualify even if the purchase goes through before the expiration of the deal. But this offer does not have a lot of info.

Did they change the offer? It seems now that you can do ship to store if your item is not available locally, BUT video games now are excluded (according to the fine print I saw).

Did they change the offer? It seems now that you can do ship to store if your item is not available locally, BUT video games now are excluded (according to the fine print I saw).
any media including games and blu rays etc. have to be in stock locally. But for other items i don't know if you can order now and pick up after 12/16 since it will take time to be shipped past the 12/16 date

Is it just PSN cards they're doing that to? I saw the same thing from a user at Slickdeals. He switched to 20 dollar cards and they stopped being cancelled. I did 3 individual 10 dollar Nintendo e-Shop cards in 3 successive orders within minutes of each other and they all went through fine.
I don't know if it's something with PSN cards specifically, or if it's coincidence because my store is having stock issues or something. I got tired of waiting and used my other two orders to buy eShop cards, which went off without a hitch and are already available for pickup.

Now to wait and see if I actually get the gift cards in January. :p

any media including vidja and blu rays etc. have to be in stock locally. But for other items i don't know if you can order now and pick up after 12/16 since it will take time to be shipped past the 12/16 date
This is what the offer page says now:

"If the item you're interested in is out of stock at your local Best Buy store, but is available online, Ship to Store can get it there — with free shipping. Excludes music, DVDs, video games and other select items."

I do not recall it having that wording before... but I was paying attention more now because the discount would not apply to Xeno 2.

Has it been confirmed if the $1 off in store pickup stacks with this promo? I'm about to pull the trigger on okami he

A.) Has anyone confirmed if shipping to store (even if it arrives post 12/16/17) still gets this promo applied?

B.) It doesn't apply to ship to store video games, but is amiibo included in that exclusion?

C.) Can the $30 in certificates be stacked towards one purchase?

A.) Has anyone confirmed if shipping to store (even if it arrives post 12/16/17) still gets this promo applied?

B.) It doesn't apply to ship to store video games, but is amiibo included in that exclusion?

C.) Can the $30 in certificates be stacked towards one purchase?
Customer service rep at my local store told me that C was valid. She says the'll just appear as eGift cards with a PIN and everything. She mentioned that I could use my codes as well as my GF codes in the same transaction.

No way to know for sure until next month though.

Just got notified that my 3rd $10 PSN card is ready for pick up. The first two went thru easy, this one took almost a week. Hope it still counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible that store just doesn't know where they are and are just manually canceling the order themselves.
No, its like an automatic cancel not long after its made. My stores dont seem to have it so Ive done the ship to store option with pickup a week from order but it keeps getting cancelled

I feel like $10 PSN cards are like four-leaf clovers. They exist, but are rare to find in the wild. The site thinks the stores have them, but when you do a pickup order, the store's inventory is like, "WTF? Cancel!"

I simply ordered three $20 cards. I'm going to spend the money fueling my PSN wallet over time anyway, may as well just make it easy for myself now.

Has it been confirmed if the $1 off in store pickup stacks with this promo? I'm about to pull the trigger on okami he
The dollar off is an extra incentive for store pick up. It applies immediately when you're in the payment page. So no. The codes and the incentive don't stack because the codes will only become active from Jan to Feb.

Also, I've never seen the $1 incentive work on gift cards. The incentive is only for games and movies, and I believe gift cards are their own category. 

Hmm...

I placed 3 separate orders this morning for $10 eshop cards; the first two are ready for pickup. The third got changed to shipping instead of pick up.

Off to find something I need for $10....

Edit: Fugg it. Canceled the $10 card that was going to ship, ordered a $20 card for store pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back