OLD DEAL/ EMAILS FINALLY SENT OUT Best Buy $10 Savings Code with $10+ Store Pickup Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
THIS DEAL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I SIMPLY UNLOCKED THIS OLD THREAD AS WAS PLANNED ONCE THE EMAILS STARTED COMING OUT.

Best Buy has a promo running where you get a $10 savings code for each $10 or more order you place with in store pickup (maximum three total transactions).

Promo Link

The orders need to be $10 or more pretax and so ideally to maximize gains you can get $10 eShop or PSN cards (cannot find physical $10 XBL card correct me if I'm wrong). With a maximum of three orders just place 3x single $10 card orders and then we all should get the credits in January and can essentially buy $30 more credit making it $60 credit for $30.

I am sure there are other good ways to use this promo but this seems ideal for most here!

Fine Print:

*Offer valid 12/3/17–12/16/17 on BestBuy.com orders with Store Pickup items totaling $10 or more (before taxes and shipping costs). Limit of 3 qualified transactions (limit of $30 in savings codes) during the promotional period. Limit 1 savings code per customer per transaction. Valid e-mail address must be provided when ordering to receive savings code. Savings code(s) will be e-mailed starting on 1/14/18 and are valid through 2/3/18. Savings code(s) may be redeemed online or in store. Not valid if your order is canceled, your item(s) are returned, or on item(s) that are not available for Store Pickup. Products from the following brands are excluded from this Store Pickup offer: Bose®, Boston Acoustics, Breville, Electrolux, Google, Leap, Sonos, and Wacom. In addition, select televisions, sound bars and Blu-ray players from Samsung, Sony and LG, the Dyson Supersonic, select projectors, select Beats by Dr. Dre, and select headphones and portable speakers by Sony are excluded from the offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do I do if I scratched off the code? I don't have any nails so I went at it with my Leatherman, and the paper and ink came off with it.

That's what I said when it happened. I was in way too much of a hurry. The other two I had someone else do for me. Nintendo says they'll take a few days to "investigate" and I don't really want to go back to Best Buy and try to argue it with them. Guess I'll just wait it out.

Wonder if my NBA2k game I ordered late Saturday night but picked up on Dec. 3 will count towards this or not.

I guess there's no harm in getting more eShop credit even though I have $60ish in my account.

Are you guys just doing three separate orders and then picking them up all at once?

That's what I said when it happened. I was in way too much of a hurry. The other two I had someone else do for me. Nintendo says they'll take a few days to "investigate" and I don't really want to go back to Best Buy and try to argue it with them. Guess I'll just wait it out.

I have a Leatherman, and I am picturing you slicing the damn code right off the card lol!

Wonder if my NBA2k game I ordered late Saturday night but picked up on Dec. 3 will count towards this or not.

I guess there's no harm in getting more eShop credit even though I have $60ish in my account.

Are you guys just doing three separate orders and then picking them up all at once?
I did 3 consecutive orders of identical $10 eshop cards and picked them up today, all at once.

What do I do if I scratched off the code? I don't have any nails so I went at it with my Leatherman, and the paper and ink came off with it.
This actually happened to me a year or two ago with an XBox code and I went back to Best Buy as soon as it happened and they just gave me a new card with no problems.

How do we know this actually works? Do we get some time of confirmation saying we will get the $10 in January? And this deal actually works for psn cards? I would get $30 worth to get a free $30 later in January.

Also, do I place three separate orders for a $10 psn card each?

How do we know this actually works? Do we get some time of confirmation saying we will get the $10 in January? And this deal actually works for psn cards? I would get $30 worth to get a free $30 later in January.

Also, do I place three separate orders for a $10 psn card each?
you wont know. there isn't any type of confirmation or anything. You would need to do 3 transactions.

Has anyone else's orders been canceled with the reason that they were unable to verify your information?

I tried four times to buy a $20 steam wallet card with my $15 savings code and a gift card and that popped up every time. I ended up going into the store to pick it up and found out that my savings code doesn't work. I'm guessing when they canceled the order, that used it up....

Another thought is to make additional bestbuy accounts if you want to do it more than 3 times. Since the offer is limited to only three transactions. If you are buying games. Pay the full price when you receive the promotion go back and get an adjustment for gcu. Just a thought for anyone thinking about buying a few games between now and Dec 16th. And if you don't either way it might be a good way to score more if you aren't using gcu. Don't forget price matching I believe if you call in an order it still counts as a bestbuy order. All just a thought to get more miles out of this offer. You've got more than 15 days to return to your items if bestbuy doesnt own up to the offer.

Has anyone else's orders been canceled with the reason that they were unable to verify your information?

I tried four times to buy a $20 steam wallet card with my $15 savings code and a gift card and that popped up every time. I ended up going into the store to pick it up and found out that my savings code doesn't work. I'm guessing when they canceled the order, that used it up....
I read in another forum that "unable to verify your information" means your account was banned or flagged as reseller.

All just a thought to get more miles out of this offer. You've got more than 15 days to return to your items if bestbuy doesnt own up to the offer.
I think it said the promo code will be emailed starting 1/14/2018, so you will not receive the code within 14 days (standard non-holiday) return. Even the last day of the extended holiday return for most product is "coincidently" 1/14/2018.

I read in another forum that "unable to verify your information" means your account was banned or flagged as reseller.

Whoever is saying that is an idiot.

Many people are getting this issue. My 2nd order of a psn card get cancelled for this reason. I placed it 10 minutes after the first and haven't made any other recent purchases.

So does ordering 3 separate $10 psn cards work or will my order get cancelled?
I ended up ordering two Xbox gift cards after my $10 PSN card order ended up not being in stock. It worked out fine. I'm sure a third would have been fine.

If anyone is interested Tales of Berseria is $15.99 with GCU. Not bad for this deal if it works. Same with SAO Hollow Realization and Digimon World Next Order.

Had two of three orders of $10 psn cards cancelled. Guess I'll wait for another 15% off sale at Family Dollar.

Grabbed a $10 PSN card and a $10 eshop card, and I’m going to pick up Despicable Me 3 in 4K this afternoon. It will be a nice surprise if any of this actually works.

Picked up three $10 Nintendo e-shop card on separate orders yesterday.  Let's see how this goes....

Seems like they're clamping down or at least making it a little more difficult to order PSN cards. Put in 3x orders for $10 that won't be ready for pickup until Friday, so not holding my breath these go through because the store near work has them "On Display" and should have them in stock. Hoping the coupons can be combined on a purchase to just use them up on Ni No Kuni II. Free $30 in PSN sounds good to me if all works out!

Does anyone know if we need to pay $10 in "real" money for this to be valid? If a gift card covers the entire balance the total shows $0 unfortunately.

I picked up Bioshock Collection, Pokemon Ultra Moon, and Pre-Ordered Okami HD which will come out during this promo. Perfect ! :D

Hmm. Is Ship-to-Store actually specified as such when ordering online? The $10 PSN cards are now specified as being out of stock at the local store, but should be back in stock on Dec 8th and is listed as In-Store Pickup still. Given that video games are excluded from anything Ship-to-Store, this is an important distinction to make.

Yeah, I've read that it's either been flagged as a reseller or that you've returned too many items. I've never returned anything and I'm not a reseller, so I'm not sure what would have been flagged. My purchases this year are literally around 20 games/Steam/PSN/e-shop cards, TV, Switch, computer/printer, and a handful of other small purchases. The only thing I could even think would be that I bought two copies of Destiny 2 (1 PC and 1 PS4) or that last week I bought two Google Home Minis for me and an Echo as a gift. Even then, that's a pretty normal purchase.

Seems like others are having trouble with the system though, so I'm hoping it's just a glitch or something. I'm waiting and see if there's a Nintendo sale next week, so I'll try purchasing a non-gift card using BestBuy.com then.

Just ordered the following:

Tales of Berseria - $20

PSN $10 Card

Nintendo Eshop $10

All should be ready by Friday. Hope this goes well. Would love to use that $30 of credit toward pesky Metroid, which won't go on sale no matter how hard I will it to.

Yeah, I've read that it's either been flagged as a reseller or that you've returned too many items. I've never returned anything and I'm not a reseller, so I'm not sure what would have been flagged. My purchases this year are literally around 20 games/Steam/PSN/e-shop cards, TV, Switch, computer/printer, and a handful of other small purchases. The only thing I could even think would be that I bought two copies of Destiny 2 (1 PC and 1 PS4) or that last week I bought two Google Home Minis for me and an Echo as a gift. Even then, that's a pretty normal purchase.

Seems like others are having trouble with the system though, so I'm hoping it's just a glitch or something. I'm waiting and see if there's a Nintendo sale next week, so I'll try purchasing a non-gift card using BestBuy.com then.
I've got pegged with that as well. The only thing I've returned recently was Uncharted 4 after buying it on Black Friday because it was a bit cheaper on Cyber Monday. So I guess they could have theoretically pegged me for that given that I returned it after making the Cyber Monday order, but then I was able to buy a digital code of Shovel Knight for the Switch right after with no fuss. Well, without much fuss - it did take a good 3.5 hours after I purchased it before the code was emailed to me, but I imagine thats more due to them being slammed from Christmas shoppers.

This actually happened to me a year or two ago with an XBox code and I went back to Best Buy as soon as it happened and they just gave me a new card with no problems.
I had a gamestop assistant want to fight me when this happened to me once. Fortunately his manager knew me and had a much cooler head.

I had a gamestop assistant want to fight me when this happened to me once. Fortunately his manager knew me and had a much cooler head.
Why did he want to fight you? Was he afraid it would hurt his numbers? Anyway Nintendo dropped the amount into my account a couple of hours after I called.

I just picked up a copy of Prey for the PS4, it said there was an additional item (free steel case that comes with the game) that has to be shipped to the store. Do ya'll think this will void the $10 savings code?

Um what? I ordered and picked two up Sunday night.
you're the first to report successfully picking it up. i was just making a theory based on everyone saying their orders for $10 psn cards were being cancelled.

i personally ordered a $10 psn card from 2 stores. one store notified me they couldn't locate such card. the other store mispicked a $20 card instead since they couldn't find a $10 card either.

you're the first to report successfully picking it up. i was just making a theory based on everyone saying their orders for $10 psn cards were being cancelled.

i personally ordered a $10 psn card from 2 stores. one store notified me they couldn't locate such card. the other store mispicked a $20 card instead since they couldn't find a $10 card either.
All the stores around me as well don’t carry the $10 card. There was one store near me that said “few in stock” but it was cancelled cause they didn’t have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back