OLD DEAL/ EMAILS FINALLY SENT OUT Best Buy $10 Savings Code with $10+ Store Pickup Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
THIS DEAL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I SIMPLY UNLOCKED THIS OLD THREAD AS WAS PLANNED ONCE THE EMAILS STARTED COMING OUT.

Best Buy has a promo running where you get a $10 savings code for each $10 or more order you place with in store pickup (maximum three total transactions).

Promo Link

The orders need to be $10 or more pretax and so ideally to maximize gains you can get $10 eShop or PSN cards (cannot find physical $10 XBL card correct me if I'm wrong). With a maximum of three orders just place 3x single $10 card orders and then we all should get the credits in January and can essentially buy $30 more credit making it $60 credit for $30.

I am sure there are other good ways to use this promo but this seems ideal for most here!

Fine Print:

*Offer valid 12/3/17–12/16/17 on BestBuy.com orders with Store Pickup items totaling $10 or more (before taxes and shipping costs). Limit of 3 qualified transactions (limit of $30 in savings codes) during the promotional period. Limit 1 savings code per customer per transaction. Valid e-mail address must be provided when ordering to receive savings code. Savings code(s) will be e-mailed starting on 1/14/18 and are valid through 2/3/18. Savings code(s) may be redeemed online or in store. Not valid if your order is canceled, your item(s) are returned, or on item(s) that are not available for Store Pickup. Products from the following brands are excluded from this Store Pickup offer: Bose®, Boston Acoustics, Breville, Electrolux, Google, Leap, Sonos, and Wacom. In addition, select televisions, sound bars and Blu-ray players from Samsung, Sony and LG, the Dyson Supersonic, select projectors, select Beats by Dr. Dre, and select headphones and portable speakers by Sony are excluded from the offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got pegged with that as well. The only thing I've returned recently was Uncharted 4 after buying it on Black Friday because it was a bit cheaper on Cyber Monday. So I guess they could have theoretically pegged me for that given that I returned it after making the Cyber Monday order, but then I was able to buy a digital code of Shovel Knight for the Switch right after with no fuss. Well, without much fuss - it did take a good 3.5 hours after I purchased it before the code was emailed to me, but I imagine thats more due to them being slammed from Christmas shoppers.
Did you reach out to Best Buy at all about it? I posted on their forum, but they haven't responded yet.

Just out of curiosity how does eshop or psn $10 cards count if they are discounted a dollar with store pickup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got pegged with that as well. The only thing I've returned recently was Uncharted 4 after buying it on Black Friday because it was a bit cheaper on Cyber Monday. So I guess they could have theoretically pegged me for that given that I returned it after making the Cyber Monday order, but then I was able to buy a digital code of Shovel Knight for the Switch right after with no fuss. Well, without much fuss - it did take a good 3.5 hours after I purchased it before the code was emailed to me, but I imagine thats more due to them being slammed from Christmas shoppers.
I decided to try and buy a gaming mouse today using just my credit card. The order went through and is awaiting pickup at my store, so maybe Best Buy is just doing this with orders to avoid people buying gift cards to get the savings code.

I decided to try and buy a gaming mouse today using just my credit card. The order went through and is awaiting pickup at my store, so maybe Best Buy is just doing this with orders to avoid people buying gift cards to get the savings code.
Yeah, I think it might be triggering specifically with multiple orders involving the same credit amount in PSN cards.

And to answer your other post, I haven't tried contacting Best Buy with it. I ordered a Tales of Berseria for $16 for my second purchase, and am highly considering getting Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for $40 as my third purchase, as I had completely forgotten that that was coming out now.

I'm seeing conflicting reports.  Does this work with games? 

And does it have to be ship to store, or would regular store pickup work?

Wish there was some confirmation at the time of purchase that the promo applied. 

I'm seeing conflicting reports. Does this work with games?

And does it have to be ship to store, or would regular store pickup work?

Wish there was some confirmation at the time of purchase that the promo applied.
It should work with games, yes.

And it has to be regular pick up, if it's ship to store then majority of the items (including games and movies) won't qualify.

This is all based on the fine print, but sadly since there's no confirmation of this promo during or after checkout there is some second guessing.

Picked up Horizon Zerod Dawn Complete and Dead Rising 4: FBP (2 separate pickup orders) kind of helps make up for the disappointment of the buy 1 get 1 half off deal this week.

Is there anything I need to do different thru the check out process for this? Do I just buy my product (skyrim for the switch) and choose store pick up? I went thru the process and do not see anything highlighting that I will receive this code next month. I worry that it will be messed up and then you have to go thru the process of waiting on the phone ( 1 1/2  hour wait even with elite plus)

It should work with games, yes.

And it has to be regular pick up, if it's ship to store then majority of the items (including games and movies) won't qualify.

This is all based on the fine print, but sadly since there's no confirmation of this promo during or after checkout there is some second guessing.
The only reason "ship to store" games and movies don't qualify is because there is no such thing. ;)

That is amazing. I wonder what has been protecting me - I have returned a ton of stuff. Probably 20 or more things in the last couple of months. I do buy an enormous amount from Best Buy and my returns are either me returning something that arrived damaged and buying it again or returning things to the store after rebuying them due to a lower price since it's quicker than trying to price match online orders. I'd be surprised if I'm not in the lead for highest number of returns.

All good should be in for $30 first purchase was a pen light, a 40 pack of AA batteries, and toy for the holiday bin for kids , 2nd purchase was PS4 game natural selection for $11,  3rd purchase was an eshop card for $10 to be added to my eshop account... Just in time for the new Zelda expansion. 

Glad I saw this getting the new Colossus I was about to buy it digitally. I'll use that 30$ for marvel infinite character pass or MH:W. Killer deal.

Been itching to replay Skyrim so I'll probably get that on PS4 since it's $20 after GCU and then Okami HD next week. Might try with a $10 PSN card for the 3rd order if I can't find another cheap game I want. 

Been itching to replay Skyrim so I'll probably get that on PS4 since it's $20 after GCU and then Okami HD next week. Might try with a $10 PSN card for the 3rd order if I can't find another cheap game I want.
All excellent choices. I noticed Bioshock Collection is $16 after GCU as well.

got the wolf link amiibo, the bayonetta amiibo, and Spirited away on blu-ray (sadly princess mononoke wasn't available)

Thanks OP!

That is amazing. I wonder what has been protecting me - I have returned a ton of stuff. Probably 20 or more things in the last couple of months. I do buy an enormous amount from Best Buy and my returns are either me returning something that arrived damaged and buying it again or returning things to the store after rebuying them due to a lower price since it's quicker than trying to price match online orders. I'd be surprised if I'm not in the lead for highest number of returns.
I did buy a thing after that wasn't a $10 PSN card and it went through no problem. So I'm thinking it's most likely a stopgap put in place purely to stop people from getting $30 credit from just $30 worth of PSN cards. Either that, or the system is automatically flagging buying the same thing in multiple transactions as suspicious or something.

My 3 orders are finally ready for pickup. . .as of an hour ago. Who fulfilled these suddenly Best Buy? And why did I get 3 delay emails just a few hours before that? Really annoying since I was ready to pick them up after work today and won't be able to until Monday now. At least it went through I guess. . .

I did try buying a $20 E-Shop card for store pick-up.  I had someone else pick it up and first the BB employee said it would be sent via e-mail (makes total sense to have a store pick-up notification for something being delivered via e-mail).  I assume he saw the "E" in "e-shop" and made up the rest.  I let the person who was picking it up know that wasn't true and she went back in to get the E-Shop card, which was just sitting there.  The BB employee then processed the order and never activated the card.  What a pain.  I'm sure they'll end up screwing up this transaction and my store pick-up order will probably have a return against it and make it invalid for the promo.

So how exactly does this work ? I just make 3 purchase seperste , pick up in store , and the coupon will be sent to email in the future or will I get something printed on my receipt ?

The customer service associate told me tonight when I was picking up an hdmi switch for mounting my tv on the wall that the $10 codes will be standard gift cards that are emailed. She said bring it in store and use it just like any other Best Buy gift card, no restrictions and no issues using mine and my girlfriends all in the same transaction.

I think my mom and both of my sisters will be buying some eShop credit very soon also.

I was just offered $2 off for store pickup on my two 3DS games so it looks like the extra $1 off per store pickup item is still good for select items.

I am having a weird issue. I have a best buy gift card and a $5 reward cert. I am attempting to purchase a $20 steam card. At checkout I am able to purchase the card for in store pickup with $5 reward cert and gift card balance. However, a minite later the order is cancelled and I receive the can't verify personal information email.

Does best buy no longer allow purchases of steam cards with best buy gift card balance?

(For the record i do know that best buy bans people for shady practices but I almost completely certain that I am OK. I did not buy more than 1 of any item, do multiple orders for anything, or even buy many video games this year. Black fri week i was also able to make online purchases as usual and even bought a computer.)

Why did he want to fight you? Was he afraid it would hurt his numbers? Anyway Nintendo dropped the amount into my account a couple of hours after I called.
Dude thought I was lying. I called MS they told me to deal with the store and the assistant didn’t believe me.

Fortunately the MGR knew me and straight up looked at the assistant and as was like $15 isn’t worth having a pissed off regular customer. This was near 10 years ago though. Things have probably gotten worse

I am having a weird issue. I have a best buy gift card and a $5 reward cert. I am attempting to purchase a $20 steam card. At checkout I am able to purchase the card for in store pickup with $5 reward cert and gift card balance. However, a minite later the order is cancelled and I receive the can't verify personal information email.

Does best buy no longer allow purchases of steam cards with best buy gift card balance?

(For the record i do know that best buy bans people for shady practices but I almost completely certain that I am OK. I did not buy more than 1 of any item, do multiple orders for anything, or even buy many video games this year. Black fri week i was also able to make online purchases as usual and even bought a computer.)
best buy changed it so no gift cards can be purchased with gift cards or certificates online. Well from my experience. Not sure about in store though

I bought two $10 psn cards last week with BBY gift cards and it worked with no issues , not sure if it was changed since then but I doubt it.

Does anyone know what picking up in store would take longer than having it delivered? Just a curiosity I noticed as I was checking out.

both of my $10 psn cards were cancelled. BB says account can’t be verified. They must’ve nerfed the GC discount.

Does anyone know what picking up in store would take longer than having it delivered? Just a curiosity I noticed as I was checking out.
Are you talking about a game? It might be one they don't currently have but expect to be delivered by one of their trucks by that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back