OTT is Dead. OTT Remains Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='munch']
9AL6O41.gif
[/QUOTE]

I was once an Avenger like you . . . and then I took a firework to the knee.

At least on the weekends I can work on uploading all of my music to Google Play's cloud.
5,000 songs done, 15,000 to go.

It's gonna be real nice when I can have every CD I own at my fingertips, and then to play them in the car with bluetooth.
It totally pisses me off that streaming bluetooth in the car doesn't seem to display the track and artist names. Maybe that will come with an upgrade, or maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

So yea, did one of you jokers put a giant ejaculating phallus in my Simpson's Springfield?
For the "Whacking Day" snake & eggs thing?
PG-13 NSFW:
simpsonseggs.png

What is going on in Boston. Two explosions at a marathon finish line. So much blood that the floor looks painted red.

Just a crazy day here in the city, basically on lockdown right now.

Completely unfathomable too, I just walked past where the explosions happened on Saturday evening while they were setting everything up. A very safe and central location in the city. The second explosion happened right next to the Hynes Convention Center, where PAX East was held the first year, and one of the restaurants blown up was a place that Admiral Ackbar and I had dinner at when he was up here for PAX.

Right now, mainly trying to figure out at my work if folks are OK. I had a friends who were within 100 feet of the explosions and have some incredible tales on Facebook. No one injured that I know of yet, but it's still too early to be sure.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']So yea, did one of you jokers put a giant ejaculating phallus in my Simpson's Springfield?
For the "Whacking Day" snake & eggs thing?
PG-13 NSFW:
simpsonseggs.png
[/QUOTE]

I guess you really have to tilt your head to make it look like it's an ejaculating phallus.

You can add me on Simpson's Tapped Out too, please.
MC-2SD-Out

[quote name='JimmieMac']If you were to tell the story now nobody would ever believe that the OTT was once a hot bed of action.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Last day of work this week. (until the weekend)
Taking Thursday off to go see Medeski Martin Wood.

I really wish Lego LOTR was structured better, so that you could so complete some of the earlier adventures on free play. It seems like I'll have to finish nearly the entire story mode before I start doing the free play and side quests. (Unless I want to re-play each level numerous times)

In some of the earlier Lego games you didnt quite need -everything- in order to get all the minikits and hidden blocks from earlier stages, you could bounce back and forth between story and free play mode freely.

I wasn't planning on going for a 100% completion on this game anyway.

[quote name='darthbudge']Stepped on the scale this morning to weigh in and I have now lost 30lbs.
tumblr_ley0prutJU1qzfq5lo1_500.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice! Congratz and keep up the good work!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I would be so fat if I lived in Texas. The food down there, especially the BBQ, is so damn good.[/QUOTE]

I miss the bbq so much. The vinegar shit they have here sucks.

The second I start looking for a deal on a 3DS XL all the deals dry up. Hoping to find one over the next month to buy for my nephew for his birthday. Someone had a used one on CL with Super Mario 3D for 120 and I missed out on it.

Hoping to find a Wii U for cheap off CL as well. I saw a 32GB one with a shitload of stuff for 300, but I want to try and nab one for like 200.

Did find a 40 gig PS3 for 90 the other day. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow and replace the Roku in one of the rooms upstairs.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Saw Django last night. Gonna watch it again. Right. Now.[/QUOTE]
I walked around Target at lunch for 1/2 an hour looking for the steelbook- finally went to check out and they only had them at the register- I was like WTF?!

My copy defaults to closed captions on every-time I stop it or select a chapter.

They also like to put cole slaw on their BBQ sandwiches too. That shit throws me off as well. I like cole slaw, but I don't want it on my sandwich.

There's not many homestyle BBQ places around here. The only chain restaurant around here that I've found to have really good BBQ is Famous Dave's. There was a Smokey Bones in the area, but I only ate there once before it shut down. People say it's good, but I don't remember it being anything too spectacular.

Went to famous dave's a year ago. Haven't been back since. Would love to go again.
Had some local bbq around here that was decent. One of those 'guy sets up shop inside a gas station'. type of places.

I really prefer spicy sauces and few places do that.

I was wondering if Budge was on the scene of the explosion, and it looks like he was per his reporting. That is two on the scene reports from OTTers this week. With the OTT all over major news this week, who says the OTT is dead?

I hardly know that Budge guy but he came off as pretty brave (dare I say, heroic?) in his post.
Many others would have cracked under the pressure. Not a CAG. :wink:

A discussion I had with my daughter yesterday during the rain

Number85: "If April showers bring May Flowers, what do May Flowers Bring"?

Me: "Yard Work"

Number85: "No, Daddy. Pilgrims!"

I swear this was the funniest thing she ever said...Apparently it's an old joke, but honestly, I've never heard it before.

Went to see Medeski Martin Wood last night. Great show, if a little long. (started at 8. didnt make it home until midnight) Opening act was drums, xylophone, and electronics.

Interesting crowd mix of older jazz heads and younger hippie/jam band follower types.

On Sunday while mowing the law I pulled the cord and banged my head againstb the shed It has a low lying roof so the back of my hand scraped against the rough sand paper. It ripped the skin off the back of my hand in the size of a nickle. Lierally put a hole on the back of my hand.

it's been a week and it's slowly healing, but I;m afraid it's going to put a nasty, nasty permanent scar on the back of my hand. I think I'm goiong to give it a couple more weeks to see how it heals and see a dermatologist.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']On Sunday while mowing the law I pulled the cord and banged my head againstb the shed It has a low lying roof so the back of my hand scraped against the rough sand paper. It ripped the skin off the back of my hand in the size of a nickle. Lierally put a hole on the back of my hand.

it's been a week and it's slowly healing, but I;m afraid it's going to put a nasty, nasty permanent scar on the back of my hand. I think I'm goiong to give it a couple more weeks to see how it heals and see a dermatologist.[/QUOTE]

Havjng a scar on your hand sucks. I have a huge knot in my hand next to where I sliced it open, and sometimes it annoys the shit out of me.

Dead OTT is Dead.

In other news, I picked up Bioshock Infinite for PC today. It's a 17.9 GB download. I started downloading iyt at noon. It downloaded the fiets 17.7 in under an hour. it's now 8 pm and it WON'T download the last .2 Gigs. I've been trying and trying and it just won't complete the installation.

Morning, OTT.

My son played a lackluster football game on Saturday against players that he's been teammates with his whole life. 31-12 loss. I think that affected his performance...he really didn't play with a lot of heart. Well, except for the kid he didn't know that kept punching him in the helmet after every play. I guess he didnt like the fact that he spent most of the time pass rushing on his back with my son laying on top of him. It got to the point where Number84's friends on the team started yelling at him to stop it and shoving him...coach finally pulled that kid out of the game before someone got hurt.

It was great seing them all hang out before the game and hanging out with the parents. Looking forward to the fall where we'll all be on the same team again.

Back to work today and then tomorrow off. Probably have to work in Blood Bank again.
Oh well, at least I can usually listen to music back in that little corner.

[quote name='munch']Has budge been back on? Hopefully he's ok, mentally and physically, after the West, TX explosion.[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen him.

If Lordwow is around, what was Boston like on Friday? Must have been surreal.

[quote name='munch']Has budge been back on? Hopefully he's ok, mentally and physically, after the West, TX explosion.[/QUOTE]

I haven't posted but I've been around. I have been busy doing clinicals on the ambulance and in the hospital. Plus I got super sick and spent most of this weekend pissing out my ass.

Mentally, I am alright. I know it sounds bad, but I guess I am so desensitized and that just not a lot of stuff bothers me anymore. I knew two of the guys that died, but I didn't know them very well so I guess it didn't hit me all that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back