OTT is Dead. OTT Remains Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']The fact that there is a level based on Heat makes me even more pumped for the game.[/QUOTE]

Didn't IV more or less have one of those though? The Irish band heist and shootout through the streets was one of the better parts of the game, but I honestly feel like the early levels of Kane & Lynch 1 did Heat style better (as does Payday: The Heist).

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Didn't IV more or less have one of those though? The Irish band heist and shootout through the streets was one of the better parts of the game, but I honestly feel like the early levels of Kane & Lynch 1 did Heat style better (as does Payday: The Heist).[/QUOTE]

I didn't play Kane and Lynch or Payday. I heard those games sucked so I skipped them.

The shootout in IV did feel like Heat, but the LA setting and the stealing of the bank notes from an armored truck is pretty cool.

Kane & Lynch 1, up until Havana, is pretty much a Heat shoot-out after a Heat shoot-out. Every mission is "four guys in suits rob a bank, shit goes wrong, WHERE THE FUCK IS THE VAN!"

Payday is rough around the edges but is a fantastic co-op shooter. It's like Heat plus Left 4 Dead minus production values.

K&L2 is like it or despise it. It's short as hell (2 or so hours), cruel, kind of ugly as fuck, has no real story or ending, but I enjoyed my time with it. It's fast and violent and broken stylized.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Didn't GTAIV have a Heat bank heist mission?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The scene I am referencing is the one where they pull their first job together and Waingro loses it and kills the guards. I could see the same thing happening in the game since the one guy is nuts. He seems to have some Waingro in him.

Playstation Plus had K&L (and numerous other THQ games) on sale about a month ago. I skipped on it, and picked up Red Faction Something instead.
Still haven't gotten around to it.

I think I have more digital games in my backlog versus physical copies now.

I finally ordered a larger hard drive for my PS3 and it should be arriving today. Going to be nice to finally take advantage of my PSPlus membership; it was rough with only 60GB.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I finally ordered a larger hard drive for my PS3 and it should be arriving today. Going to be nice to finally take advantage of my PSPlus membership; it was rough with only 60GB.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. Whenever a new game is released on the Instant Game Collection for Plus, I have to delete all that saved data from previous games to make room.
(Would be nice if there was an uninstall data somewhere in the game menu once you finished).

Or I just cue the downloaded so it's saved in the list until I do have room later.

Off to work and the endless drama.
"Why did day shift only leave me 10 calcium tests on my instrument!"
(So change it, you lazy shit, that's why we have a back up instrument. To use while you reload the main instrument.)

Two years ago today.

IDsF2.gif

Yeah, it is. You'll hear a lot of differing opinions on the final season, and especially the final episode, but the whole series is really great. I watched the whole original run. It's one of those shows where I wish I could go back and experience it again for the first time.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I started watching Lost (midway through the third season). It is so good.[/QUOTE]

Stop after that season. I'm being completely fucking serious. You will regret it.

If anyone ever asks me if they should watch Lost, I tell them no. Or stop after Season 3. There is NO reason to move forward with it. The first three seasons are excellent TV.

Once everyone leaves the island
the first time
. That's your stopping point. Everyone
who wanted it
got rescued, they got home. They're all happy. The end.
Don't go looking for more answers.

Ugh, so apparently at Bush Intercontinental Airport here in Houston a guy fired off a bunch of shots with an AR-15 at a terminal and then killed himself. fuckin A'!!! Thankfully it seems like no innocent people were hurt though.

GTA IV is one of those games that I really want to play through the story, but I seem to lose interest after being forced just to drive people around forever in the beginning.

[quote name='darthbudge']GTA IV is one of those games that I really want to play through the story, but I seem to lose interest after being forced just to drive people around forever in the beginning.[/QUOTE]

Try out the episodes. None of the boring shit is in those.

I really liked the main game, but I can understand how the beginning lags for some people.

[quote name='darthbudge']GTA IV is one of those games that I really want to play through the story, but I seem to lose interest after being forced just to drive people around forever in the beginning.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way. I think that, in the end, I'm just not into gta.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='munch']Stop after that season. I'm being completely fucking serious. You will regret it.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if I'm going to do the same thing with Game of Thrones. Because books 4 and 5 are shitty. Maybe they can save them in the tv version.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I'm wondering if I'm going to do the same thing with Game of Thrones. Because books 4 and 5 are shitty. Maybe they can save them in the tv version.[/QUOTE]

In between all the bullshit in 4&5 there is some good stuff. The parts with the Iron Islands are fantastic, IMO. My hope is that they condense that into one season, or streamline the whole thing. I think it'll still be good.

However, I am afraid for the books. Much like Lost I think that Martin has lost control of the narrative and might not be able to get it all back together. I hope that's not the case.

At least in GTA IV you are not required to drive cattle.

I didn't even come close to finishing GTA either, but then I rarely finish console games any more. I guess I don't have the patience for them any more. There are exceptions, of course: Portal 2.

[quote name='crunchewy']At least in GTA IV you are not required to drive cattle.

I didn't even come close to finishing GTA either, but then I rarely finish console games any more. I guess I don't have the patience for them any more. There are exceptions, of course: Portal 2.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you man. I just couldn't get into GTA IV that deep. I find myself giving up lots of games and selling them.

The older I've gotten, the more casual I am with games. All I play lately is stuff like bejeweled, tetris, pinball, and fortune street.

Also, unrelated but I saw this on the show today and thought I'd share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzk4wLgnYao

Up at nearly 8 am. Won't get home from work until midnight. Don't see any gaming in tonight's plans. Need to start something new and that usually takes an hour or so.

May the fourth be with you.

Please join me in quiet meditation at sunset as I will be burning a George Lucas shaped hamburger patty in effigy (round, but with some white beardly looking freezer burn) while John William's lamentful Burning of the Homestead plays.

Lipstick #"5"'s on the forehead are optional.

Thanks-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wolFdVti3nY

I just beat Bioshock Infinite and it was good. Definitely better than the original. However, there was one thing about this game that they missed compared to the first one.

They say the difference between a good mystery and a bad mystery is that an author gives you the chance to figure out the mystery before the reveal with the clues available. I was able to figure out the mystery to the original Bioshock before the big reveal. In this game, I don't believe that's possible. yes, they drop some hints so when you look back you can say, "Oh, I see why they said that." But they never actually give you a chance to put it together. And I find that a little sloppy compared to the first game

Had fun at free comic book day. Store was really busy and we sold alot more than previous years.

Want to start playing Simpson's tapped out until I found out it uses Origin. I still need to find out if there is a way to merge 2 orgin accounts.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']Had fun at free comic book day. Store was really busy and we sold alot more than previous years.

Want to start playing Simpson's tapped out until I found out it uses Origin. I still need to find out if there is a way to merge 2 orgin accounts.[/QUOTE]

You can play through w/o logging in. It just might take you longer to advance. The current Whacking Day event almost requires a massive social following in order to get the best prizes.
Hell, the Android version didnt even let you sign in to origin until April.

[quote name='eldergamer']You can play through w/o logging in. It just might take you longer to advance. The current Whacking Day event almost requires a massive social following in order to get the best prizes.
Hell, the Android version didnt even let you sign in to origin until April.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok I thought that It wouldn't save anything if I wasn't logged in. So if I start playing now without logging in and then decide to log in will I have to start over?

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']Had fun at free comic book day. Store was really busy and we sold alot more than previous years.

Want to start playing Simpson's tapped out until I found out it uses Origin. I still need to find out if there is a way to merge 2 orgin accounts.[/QUOTE]

What was this I heard about a Mass Effect comic there?

[quote name='Maklershed']So fellas, what's the word on Blood Dragon? Worth $15?[/QUOTE]

About 8 hours worth of content if you do everything. Main story is about 4-5.

Oh yea there was a comic that had three stories in them and one was of Mass effect. I didn't see anything though since I just really picked up what was left over since I was helping out.

[quote name='Maklershed']So fellas, what's the word on Blood Dragon? Worth $15?[/QUOTE]

It's probably the best $15 I've spent in a long time. Games like this don't get made often. Highly recommend it to everyone.

Thinking about buying a Nook HD+. A 9 inch 1080p tablet for 180 is a pretty good deal. They just put the play store on there too so the eco-system is no longer restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back