OTT is Dead. OTT Remains Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']Watched Django last night. Wasn't really impressed. It was ok but it wasn't nearly as good as I expected it to be.

Inglorious Basterds > Jackie Brown > Kill Bill 1 and 2 > Django Unchained > Pulp Fiction > Death Proof > Reservoir Dogs[/QUOTE]

If you move Kill Bill to the bottom of that list I would agree with it.

I started up Dexter a couple weeks ago, and I just finished the third season last night. Son of a bitch, that was one of the best seasons of television I've seen. Jimmy Smits was so fucking good, and the interactions between his character and Dexter were so great to watch.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I started up Dexter a couple weeks ago, and I just finished the third season last night. Son of a bitch, that was one of the best seasons of television I've seen. Jimmy Smits was so fucking good, and the interactions between his character and Dexter were so great to watch.[/QUOTE]

The next season is even better.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The next season is even better.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably start it sometime this week. I'm trying to get through all of them before June 30 so I can watch the final season as it airs.

-

I need to start GTA IV again. It's been almost 3 years since I played it, and I don't remember what's happened so far. I'm not even sure if my save still works since I sold the original version and picked up the complete edition. I do remember it being really slow in the beginning, though, so I'm not looking forward to that.

I really hope that the soundtrack in GTA V is better than IV. I think IV had the worst soundtrack out of all the 3D GTAs. Vice City still remains as my favorite soundtrack in any video game.

EDIT: I take back what I wrote about IV having the worst soundtrack. I never played Liberty City Stories, but the song selection in that looks pretty horrible from the list on Wikipedia. III didn't have a great soundtrack, but expectations for the subsequent games were really raised after Vice City's soundtrack.

[quote name='Maklershed']Watched Django last night. Wasn't really impressed. It was ok but it wasn't nearly as good as I expected it to be.

Inglorious Basterds > Jackie Brown > Kill Bill 1 and 2 > Django Unchained > Pulp Fiction > Death Proof > Reservoir Dogs[/QUOTE]

Pulp Fiction that low? You are crazy. My order goes:

Inglorious Basterds > Pulp Fiction > Django Unchained > Reservoir Dogs > Kill Bill > Death Proof.

I haven't seen Jackie Brown, so I can't comment on where on the list it would go. Maybe I should watch that tonight...

[quote name='darthbudge']
I haven't seen Jackie Brown, so I can't comment on where on the list it would go. Maybe I should watch that tonight...[/QUOTE]

I just watched it for the first time in February I think and absolutely loved it. Great story, great acting, great soundtrack.

The only redeeming thing about Jackie Brown was it's source material. There's nothing that really makes the movie stand out as a "Tarantino".

I like Elmore Lenoard, and I've probably read about a dozen of his books. And they're all about pretty interchangable. Even his westerns follow the same tropes.

Casey, you were right about the nook. The nook was a great deal. I doubt I'll buy much B&N stuff. But with Google Play, for $200 I got a pretty sweet tablet. I can play games, read marvel comics and look game stuff up without having to get up for my computer.

Unbelievable Corcoran won survivor. The revenge of the nerds.

Also, why do they even bother with the 3 way vote at the end? One person never gets votes. I like it better when they had it down to 2 at the end.

[quote name='darthbudge']Pulp Fiction that low? You are crazy.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing with Tarantino movies. Too hard to rank them. In my opinion, while Pulp Fiction is my favorite, there's really only two tiers. High and low. Deathproof is low tier and everything else is high tier.

[quote name='eldergamer']The only redeeming thing about Jackie Brown was it's source material. There's nothing that really makes the movie stand out as a "Tarantino".

I like Elmore Lenoard, and I've probably read about a dozen of his books. And they're all about pretty interchangable. Even his westerns follow the same tropes.[/QUOTE]

It encompasses so many of the themes that Tarantino movies are based on. Like half his movies are about women overcoming institutions that are holding them back, and almost all his movies are riffs on genres that were popular in the 60's and 70's.

And yes the nook is awesome ackbar.Getting a nine inch tablet for less than 200 was a great deal.

I've got 8,800 songs uploaded to Google Play now.
The interface (at least on the phone) is pretty shity though. No alphabet menu bar at the top, you just have to scroll through long lists.

[quote name='eldergamer']I've got 8,800 songs uploaded to Google Play now.
The interface (at least on the phone) is pretty shity though. No alphabet menu bar at the top, you just have to scroll through long lists.[/QUOTE]

Does it at least sort by artist? If so, I may have to try it out myself. Otherwise, my musical library would just be a huge clusterfuck on there.

[quote name='JStryke']Does it at least sort by artist? If so, I may have to try it out myself. Otherwise, my musical library would just be a huge clusterfuck on there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sorts by album, artist, song, genre, etc. But to get down to "Yo La Tengo."

I have to do one giant swipe, to spin the selection down to the Y's. There is a search function, and you could directly type in the artist you want.

I do like there that it creates playlists for you as you upload songs.

The new Neverwinter MMO is a nice little F2P game. It is a little like MMO's for babies, but it has its charms. I would never plunk down any real money for it though.

Another (minor) gripe is that I can't seem to rip and upload at the same time w/o it going very, very slowly. (The ripping part)

If it's uploading from the same directory that I'm trying to rip a cd to, media player takes like 30-40 minutes to rip the CD. If I'm uploading from a different directory (like my external drive) it's just a minute to rip.

People who say "Happy Mother's Day to all my fur mamas out there!" are the fucking WORST. YOU ARE NOT AN ACTUAL PARENT BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PET SLJFLGJLASKGJLASKGJALGJKSDLJK

[quote name='MetalSlugger']People who say "Happy Mother's Day to all my fur mamas out there!" are the fucking WORST. YOU ARE NOT AN ACTUAL PARENT BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PET SLJFLGJLASKGJLASKGJALGJKSDLJK[/QUOTE]

Preach it brother!

Resident Evil 5 isn't that bad. It's basically a 3rd person shooter though. There's no survival or horror in the game. The co-op players usually blow me out of the water, running way ahead of me and mowing down everyone. I'm just playing it on amateur.

(Wouldn't be playing it at all if it hadn't been free with PS Plus)

[quote name='Trakan']That's the thing with Tarantino movies. Too hard to rank them. In my opinion, while Pulp Fiction is my favorite, there's really only two tiers. High and low. Deathproof is low tier and everything else is high tier.[/QUOTE]

Good call, except Kill Bill is my favorite.

[quote name='zewone']Good call, except Kill Bill is my favorite.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen Django, but Kill Bill is the best.

I'm working my way through Saints Row: The Third right now and it's going well so far. Once I opened up all of the side stuff, I focused just on that and have it all done besides a couple of assassinations and all of the car thefts, so now I can just focus on the story missions.

Went to go see iron man 3 on Friday. It wasn't a bad movie but of all the superhero movies I've seen in the last five years this one was at the bottom.

Went to the zoo for the first time. Pretty fun.experience but most of the exhibits were closed for the day.

Reservoir Dogs will always be my favorite Tarantino movie, but Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill are great too. I have not seen Django or Deathproof.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']Went to go see iron man 3 on Friday. It wasn't a bad movie but of all the superhero movies I've seen in the last five years this one was at the bottom.

Went to the zoo for the first time. Pretty fun.experience but most of the exhibits were closed for the day.[/QUOTE]

We're going to the living room theater on Friday. Will have dinner there.
Wouldnt mind seeing Iron Man 3, but having not seen the first two I'm not married to the idea.
Would just like to see a big noisy action movie on the big screen.
Likely, we won't be able to agree on a movie and so might just have dinner there and end up going shopping sans kids in the mall instead.

Date night.

How do you end up going to the zoo for the first time (as an adult?) Did your parents abandon you?

Nice. Google announced a Game Center equivalent for Android, which will be nice to see in action since Android games are all over the place in terms of Achievements.

[quote name='eldergamer']
Would just like to see a big noisy action movie on the big screen.

How do you end up going to the zoo for the first time (as an adult?) Did your parents abandon you?[/QUOTE]

You just described the whole movie.Well not much action a lot of explosions though.

Truth be told I didn't even think there was a zoo close to me. I guess it just never happened. I have been to aquariums though.I'm also just 18 so maybe that justifies it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Nice. Google announced a Game Center equivalent for Android, which will be nice to see in action since Android games are all over the place in terms of Achievements.[/QUOTE]

They also just announced a streaming service similar to Spotify. $9.99/month. $7.99 if you sign up before June (July?)

I've already got most of my music uploaded to the cloud so I don't need it. Might just do the free trial to see what new stuff is available.

If they make an iOS app for their streaming service I could be interested. There's a few things that bug me about Spotify, so I'd like to try Google's. But I do love Spotify. Great service. Just could use a few changes to their iOS (and I presume Android) app. One that bugs me is that when playing an album, it still shifts the artwork off the screen and then back on when the track changes, as if you were doing random play and the album was actually changing. I'm too OCD for something like that! LOL! The other, really the bigger deal, is there is no way to create a "virtual library" aside from making tons of unsorted playlists, one per album. Lame.

Before Google Play added this streaming interface their app was pretty bare bones. Black backgrounds, small album art.

Now that've upgraded, it has a nice design with white back grounds and orange little tabs.
However, alot of the artist and album art is pretty messed up.

This is the Air I uploaded.
MI0002805437.jpg

This is the artist image for Air according to Google Music
MI0003275843.jpg

It's Date Night tonight.

Will probably be going to see Iron Man 3 3D in the big living room theater.
images

Never have seen the first two, but there's very little else playing that we want to see.
Wife doesn't even want to see Iron Man 3. I'm not a fan, either but wouldn't mind seeing a big noisy action movie theater style.

Plus it's a chance to get away from the kids and they have a nice restaurant there.

Iron Man 3 was pretty good. I was actually more surprised by the wife's reaction to it. She's not a comic or sci-fan at all, but she enjoyed the movie and was laughing at Tony's snarky lines.

I hadn't really been to see a movie in 3D either, and was surprised how consistently it was applied throughout the movie. (I think the last 3d movie I saw was maybe Jaws 3D or that one Nightmare on Elm Street movie)

Surprised that Star Trek wasn't bigger at the box office. It was an entertaining movie and anyone who liked the first will probably like this one.

I just watched the first one again a few days ago. Forgot how much I liked it.

Did they tone down the amount of lens flares in the second one?

Unrelated: Dishonored is pretty cool now that I'm getting the hang of it (only took about 3 hours!)

[quote name='Maklershed']I just watched the first one again a few days ago. Forgot how much I liked it.

Did they tone down the amount of lens flares in the second one?

Unrelated: Dishonored is pretty cool now that I'm getting the hang of it (only took about 3 hours!)[/QUOTE]

Yes they are toned down. I hope Brad Bird directs the third movie. I was never into Star Trek, but these movies have been very good.

I will say I was glad I had seen Star Trek II before seeing this movie. Knowing some of what happened in the other movies helped as well.

Beat Saints Row The Third and got the Platinum trophy. Great game, though I'm glad that I took the time to complete side stuff to be able to buy all of the upgrades and invincibility so I could just enjoy the last few missions.

I'm interested in Saints Row IV, which seems to at least make it easier to get around than it was in The Third.

I thought about that Bioshock deal. Will probably wait until it drops down to $20.

Resident Evil 5 isn't that bad. Although I think my co-op partners are doing most of the work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back