OTT is Dead. OTT Remains Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']I even managed to break the multi-quote function!
irvuKFKsLgvgV.jpg
[/QUOTE]:drool:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I hope Deadwood is as good as people say it is. Just brought the blu ray box set.[/QUOTE] It is.

Looking forward to watching the new Star Trek tomorrow.

Dishonored is cool. Only played a few hours of it back in December so I'll probably start over when I start playing it again.

Same with Saints Row the Third. But for that one trying to play co-op with my brother is holding me back. I'll think I need to do a solo play if I ever want to finish it soon.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I hope Deadwood is as good as people say it is. Just brought the blu ray box set.[/QUOTE]

My favorite show ever. I saw the bluray set just dropped to $64.99. Been seriously contemplating upgrading from my dvds.

Bioshock Infinite was amazing. The little hints everywhere, the tips of the hat, fuck, even the splash movie is a hint. Easily my favorite of the bunch by a large margin.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can safely say that I wasn't expecting it to be called Xbox One.[/QUOTE]

Same here kept thinking about the HTC one brand. The whole presentation was lackluster. I don't know why they would end it with announcing COD dlc as the high point.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']Same here kept thinking about the HTC one brand. The whole presentation was lackluster. I don't know why they would end it with announcing COD dlc as the high point.[/QUOTE]

Because that was the "high" point. Fuck me, RIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRRRR actually had some games at least. This was fucking abysmal.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Because that was the "high" point. Fuck me, RIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRRRR actually had some games at least. This was fucking abysmal.[/QUOTE]

Love the part where they say they are going to advance a major sport.

Thinking about getting a :3ds: even though I don't have time to play the RPGs on my PSP Go that I have.

Not sure if I should spring for the XL version or not. Was kinda watching ebay, hoping for a bundle with maybe a mario game tossed in there, for less than $200.

That Xbox thread is a train wreck. :lol:

That TimboSlice moron is like an ambitious slidecage. He's stupid as hell, but he never quits spewing his bullshit.

[quote name='eldergamer']Thinking about getting a :3ds: even though I don't have time to play the RPGs on my PSP Go that I have.

Not sure if I should spring for the XL version or not. Was kinda watching ebay, hoping for a bundle with maybe a mario game tossed in there, for less than $200.[/QUOTE]

If you're going to get a DS get he XL. It's a huge difference and not much more money.

I was thinking of pre-ordering the new xbox but after todays press conference, I dunno.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That Xbox thread is a train wreck. :lol:

That TimboSlice moron is like an ambitious slidecage. He's stupid as hell, but he never quits spewing his bullshit.[/QUOTE]
He argues forever about how stupid and terrible Phil Harrison is to discredit whatever he's been saying about the Xbox One, but then it turns out that he's been really thinking about somebody else completely. So I just put him on my ignore list so that I know not to bother with his crap.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']If you're going to get a DS get he XL. It's a huge difference and not much more money.

I was thinking of pre-ordering the new xbox but after todays press conference, I dunno.[/QUOTE]

That's true, and will probably be what I do. Justifying $30 new for the tiny games will be a bit difficult. Especially knowing the first party Nintendo Games (your Marios, your Zeldas) never drop in price.

I buy most of my :ps3: games either used or digitally.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']He argues forever about how stupid and terrible Phil Harrison is to discredit whatever he's been saying about the Xbox One, but then it turns out that he's been really thinking about somebody else completely. So I just put him on my ignore list so that I know not to bother with his crap.[/QUOTE]

It's seriously ridiculous. He's been making poorly-written and misspelled post after post for TWELVE straight hours now, most of them only a minute or two apart from the previous one. That thread has nearly 1,000 posts, and almost 200 are his. He supposedly is a grown man with two school-age children, yet he can't spell "dollars". For some reason, he thinks it has an "e" in it. It might be possible to overlook his grammar if he had some coherent thoughts, but most of them are just nonsensical "Sony only showed games at their conference. MS did better by showing TV features first"-type stuff.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The ghost dad shit in Dexter really kind of gets annoying after a while.[/QUOTE]

What season are you in? He gets old but I thought the change to his character in season 3 made it much more fun.

Xbox One conference was disappointing, but I do think it looks like a nice improvement over the 360. Not sure it will be worth the (currently unknown) asking price, but the gadget freak in me wants one. Probably can't afford it. Main reason I might buy one is that a bunch of my friends are going to get it. Second biggest reason is the presumed Dance Central 4.

[quote name='crunchewy']Xbox One conference was disappointing, but I do think it looks like a nice improvement over the 360. Not sure it will be worth the (currently unknown) asking price, but the gadget freak in me wants one. Probably can't afford it. Main reason I might buy one is that a bunch of my friends are going to get it. Second biggest reason is the presumed Dance Central 4.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably done with ghaimez, but man the fact that they can't clarify the online thing and the used games thing scares me.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm in the middle of the fourth season. I don't think it's so much that I dislike the character. I've just never cared much for that actor.[/QUOTE]

It starts to lessen as the rest of the series goes on. That season is big on his dad.

Made a terrible decision and created a website/blog monster thing with two of my friends. It's a mess of information and social commentary. Just wanted to share with the CAG community that such a thing exists, and if you're really bored, maybe you'd be interested in a quick look-see. It's still in it's infancy, and can use some work, but the three of us are trying to contribute to it daily. No real theme... kinda like the OTT. Hence the reason I reluctantly decided to spread word here before I hang myself with a new thread.

Did all the other crap too... twitter, facebook, etc.

www.abloggymess.com
@abloggymess

Feedback welcome?

Thanks!

We're also looking for people to contribute... just throwing that out there.

[quote name='munch']I'm probably done with ghaimez, but man the fact that they can't clarify the online thing and the used games thing scares me.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost there (I hate buying stuff I don't own)- thinking about dropping about 2 & change on a gaming rig that is also capable of some decent video editing and BD mastering. Maybe once my palliative caretaker duties are done I can find the time again.

Might as well just edit instead of a double post:

Is anyone watching Defiance? Am I an ass for thinking it's terrible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Played a bit of Saints Row 2 after finishing The Third, which is much rougher to play due to odd controls and a lack of some of The Third's nicer features.

It has a better overall story though.

What's really rough is beating 2 and Third, then going back to try and play 1. Not only is it archaic in comparison, it's also really fucking bad.

Any of you guys know if the ps3 version of SR3 the full package comes with SR2?

Been playing GTA4 and just got to the part where you need to blow up a helicopter.Cant tell if the game is almost over or not, but I'm enjoying it so far.

[quote name='eldergamer']That's true, and will probably be what I do. Justifying $30 new for the tiny games will be a bit difficult. Especially knowing the first party Nintendo Games (your Marios, your Zeldas) never drop in price.

I buy most of my :ps3: games either used or digitally.[/QUOTE]

Most of the Nintendo games are $30 currently at BB, Target, & AZ. They're normally $40.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Played a bit of Saints Row 2 after finishing The Third, which is much rougher to play due to odd controls and a lack of some of The Third's nicer features.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It has a better overall story though.

What's really rough is beating 2 and Third, then going back to try and play 1. Not only is it archaic in comparison, it's also really fucking bad.[/QUOTE]

I only had trouble with a couple of the Saints Row 2 missions at the end. (Especially the helicopter one). Pretty sure I set most of the game to easy. Never would have played it if it wasn't free from PS +.

Saints Row 2 had a story?
(There was a dude. Shooting some other gang banger dudes. Then he shoots the evil corporate dude.)

[quote name='eldergamer']I only had trouble with a couple of the Saints Row 2 missions at the end. (Especially the helicopter one). Pretty sure I set most of the game to easy. Never would have played it if it wasn't free from PS +.

(There was a dude. Shooting some other gang banger dudes. Then he shoots the evil corporate dude.)[/QUOTE]

Yea it was a generic "criminal kingpin takes over the city" story but it actually had some semblance of character arcs. The Third just went balls out ballistic with nonsensical shit. I loved it but it was all over the place (on purpose).

[quote name='eldergamer']I only had trouble with a couple of the Saints Row 2 missions at the end. (Especially the helicopter one). Pretty sure I set most of the game to easy. Never would have played it if it wasn't free from PS +.

(There was a dude. Shooting some other gang banger dudes. Then he shoots the evil corporate dude.)[/QUOTE]
Wasn't saying it was hard, just the downgrade in visuals and the weird control scheme makes it a rougher experience after The Third. If you liked 2, you should definitely check out The Third.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZUNRZ4lDf0

I liked Saints Row Two. (Aside from the constant breaks to do repetitive respect building tasks). Would play the third one for the right price. (Free)

Had to rage quit on the final boss of Resident Evil 5 the other night. Too many deaths from an attack off screen and after punching the boulder I couldn't manage to score any damage.

Technically all now 4 games share the same protagonist. In 2 they could have been so damaged by the events of the end of 1 they had to switch the sex to female. Then in 3 they just threw in the sex change hospitals that you could flip flop for a fee.

Although I haven't seen any footage from 4 with a female lead so maybe you're forced to be a male again.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Technically all now 4 games share the same protagonist. In 2 they could have been so damaged by the events of the end of 1 they had to switch the sex to female. Then in 3 they just threw in the sex change hospitals that you could flip flop for a fee.

Although I haven't seen any footage from 4 with a female lead so maybe you're forced to be a male again.[/QUOTE]

They'd never do that. Most of the early footage/promotional material for The Third also featured a male protagonist as that's the canon boss. Same thing with Shepherd from Mass Effect (until they got Femshep in the third one)

This is from a review of the new Ryan Gosling movie he did with the same guy who made Drive.

A typical review, this one from Hollywood Elsewhere: “...hyperviolent, ethically repulsive, sad, nonsensical, deathly dull, snail-paced, idiotic, possibly woman-hating, visually suffocating, pretentious.”

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']This is from a review of the new Ryan Gosling movie he did with the same guy who made Drive.[/QUOTE]

That review makes me sad since I absolutely love Drive.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That review makes me sad since I absolutely love Drive.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, that review could easily apply to Drive as well.

Note: I loved Drive.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I don't know, that review could easily apply to Drive as well.

Note: I loved Drive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess you are right. What scares me is that most of Cannes loved Drive, and this film doesn't seem to be getting the same buzz.

I did just read that Will Forte is going to work on a MacGruber sequel. The first one wasn't great, but there was enough shit in it that made me laugh. Hopefully they get Ryan Philippe and Kristen Wiig back.

Just felt an earthquake in Sacramento. Looks like 5.9 on the Richter scale roughly 200 miles north of us. Haven't felt one since the '89 Loma Prieta and it was a bit faint so took me a second to realize what it was.

After hearing about the new fast and furious, trash better post a review in the OTT. I expect him to blow a load at the end of the movie.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Theey say the film was actually booed at Cannes.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like it was due to the violence, which I'm guessing is just gratuitous and cruel. I'm okay with this.

As for Cars Go Fast While Vin Diesel Growls 6: The Fastening, I'm actually interested. I hated the first four movies, but Fast Five was actually a really fun action movie. Way over the top but in the right way, kind of like Dredd in the "It has no right being this enjoyable" way. Six seems like more of that.

Went to TRU today for probably the first time in nearly ten years and it's a sad area to drive around. It's in its own plaza that used to have a Babies R Us attached to it, but they've since abandoned it and moved to a much more popular and active plaza. There used to be a BB and CC across the street, so I'd go to this area all of the time when they were at the top of their game during the CC $5 Clearance Sale era. Best Buy moved to the same plaza that the Babies R Us is at and CC died out, so there's not much there anymore.

The Toys R Us looks more modern inside now, though they have a lot of old stock. Notably, they still have a few PSP Gos for $170 and I saw clearanced copies of X-Men Destiny for $30, so they don't see to be concerned about moving stock. They also had a little bin of clearance games that had a bunch of copies of Dragon Ball Evolution for PSP at $10. They still had new games, like the new Fast & Furious game, so they're not that bad about it.

doing a little animation project with a friend. got the scenes all planned out and working on the storyboards. being able to just throw them into a gif to play them like a shitty animation is helpful.
coin.gif
hey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back