Overstock mistake: Neon Genesis Platinulion collection for $8.03 + tax

Wow, I just realized it retails for $85. I knew it was going to be a nice deal, but I didn't expect the retail price to be almost $100.

If this goes through, it'll be the second best deal I've gotten on here next to Superbowl 1-30 collection that I got for free. ;)

My order changed to just Neon Genesis Evangelion also.

Anyone else notice when you add the $85 Neon Genesis Evangelion that is linked from the OP it also says Neon Genesis Evangelion in your cart? no mention of set or anything. What other Evangelion comes out the 22nd of November? It seems Overstock will honor however many orders they can, at least, we can hope anyway.

Let's all laugh at all of the people who got all pissy with Overstock's customer service reps and after a huge debacle got their orders cancelled. :rofl:

[quote name='Graff^']Let's all laugh at all of the people who got all pissy with Overstock's customer service reps and after a huge debacle got their orders cancelled. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm glad I wasn't an ass in the chat room today. I tried to be extremely nice to the lady I chatted with, hopefully it'll pay off.

Don't panicn and don't call. They did this when I ordered a game once. They changed it from teh game to the Strategy guide after I had biought it and listed the game.

I did get the game.

So relax and wait. if it doesn't come as said take it up then as customer service.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Yeah, I'm glad I wasn't an ass in the chat room today. I tried to be extremely nice to the lady I chatted with, hopefully it'll pay off.[/QUOTE]

I was quite nice to them, except when he kept acting like a bot, and not making sense.

My worry now is, I sent them an email too saying they gave me the wrong movie. I hope that doesn't rock the boat. I'm very excited about paying less than 10% for a new item!

All the numbers still match, Imma play it cool on this one.
Besides, worst case we're out 8 bucks and we can get our money back anyways!

I missed out on all the drama, but I just checked my order and it is indeed NGE. Here's what it says:

Invoice Date: 10-30-2005

In Process 10083223 Neon Genesis Evangelion
This title is expected to be released on 11/22/2005. We will ship this item as soon as it is available.

Great news for all of us if we do get it for $8.03. The greatest deal I've ever jumped on. :)

Just wondering, for those who HAVE seen the series, what would you rate this series out of 10?

I recall when it first came out, and it was getting alot of buzz, but I also hear that it had an unsatisfying ending.

W/O spoilers, what did you all think of it?

I'm sure it's worth $8!

[quote name='Altered Beast Returns']I was quite nice to them, except when he kept acting like a bot, and not making sense.[/QUOTE]

These people are probably talking to one customer over the phone and another 1-3 using the web chat... they're just clicking on precanned phrases to juggle a few seconds. It's no wonder they're not making sense at times.

i dont see why everyone was getting so freaking upset about... i could only see this going 3 ways

1. they cancell the orders .... no lost you knew it was too good to work

2. they send out street fighter instead of the movie we ordered ( just disput the credit card charges after the movie ships on the 22nd of nov)

3. they send the movies out and we get the best deal in a long long time

so just relex and hold out until it ships ... nothing to get worked up about,, if it comes it comes if not o welll

[quote name='eldad9']These people are probably talking to one customer over the phone and another 1-3 using the web chat... they're just clicking on precanned phrases to juggle a few seconds. It's no wonder they're not making sense at times.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't the canned phrases that annoyed me, but I said to him:

Me: does that mean my preorder for the Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD stands?
Overstock: Yes, the matter regarding the 'Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD stands' has already been escalated please be assured that the matter will be resolved to your satisfaction.
Overstock: Did I explain that clearly?
Me: so with the order number I have, ******, I have paid, and reserved, that item?
Overstock: If we are unable to ship the 'Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD stands' the full refund will be issued back to the card which was used at the time of placing the order.
Me: I know you cannot ship it, it was a preorder. And they are not "stands", I asked if it still stands, as in still holds vaild. Why cant my preorder still be valid?

and from that point forward, he kept refering to the item as 'Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD stands'

[quote name='slidecage']i dont see why everyone was getting so freaking upset about... i [/QUOTE]

Perhaps it was soooo many people calling and freaking out about it, that got it changed for everyone's orders.

[quote name='Altered Beast Returns']Just wondering, for those who HAVE seen the series, what would you rate this series out of 10?

I recall when it first came out, and it was getting alot of buzz, but I also hear that it had an unsatisfying ending.

W/O spoilers, what did you all think of it?

I'm sure it's worth $8![/QUOTE]

Definitely a 9 or 10. A real mindfuck

The ending leaves a decent bit to be desired, but in my opinion the ending fits in its own way.

Also, glad to see it looks like I won't have to sue anybody...

[quote name='RawisJericho']I've never watched anime before, so I suppose this will be a good one to start out with to see if I like anime or not.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, this isn't the best series to start watching anime on. You may end up hating it...

I'm sure it is very debatable, but I think Trigun is the best series. If you've never seen any anime of any time, I'd suggest watching Akira. If you like that, the art, the story style, etc, then you'll like alot of other anime.

Agreed. EVA is a bit of a love it/hate it series. Shows like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Great Teacher Onizuka, Fighting Spirit and Full Metal Alchemist are quality shows that are very approachable. Anyway I hope this deal goes through. I'll be watching my account like a hawk to make sure Overstock doesn't pull anything funny.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I've never watched anime before, so I suppose this will be a good one to start out with to see if I like anime or not.[/QUOTE]

Same here, never watched anime either, but for $8 I figured I could start here.

Anyways I need to watch some sort of anime for my film class. So this works out even better for me than I thought.

I just got off the phone with overstock and they said that my oder looked normal and that it should be fine (the last operator tried to cancel it) But then she said that it looked like they might discontinue that item !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO they might wiggle out of it after all.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I just got off the phone with overstock and they said that my oder looked normal and that it should be fine (the last operator tried to cancel it) But then she said that it looked like they might discontinue that item !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO they might wiggle out of it after all.[/QUOTE]

How they can discontinue an item BEFORE it's even released is beyond me. :roll:

[quote name='Resette']Definitely a 9 or 10. A real mindfuck

The ending leaves a decent bit to be desired, but in my opinion the ending fits in its own way.

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to point out that there are two "endings". The original episodes 25-26, and the "end of eva" movie which is an alternative ending (pretty much episodes 25' and 26')

Didn't bite because things like this usually turn out extremely fishy. If this pans out and one of you ends up absolutely hating Eva, I'll give $15 shipped for one of the leftovers. :)

-Sailorneorune

No need to be so rude about it... someone else on the previous page made an equally insane offer and you didn't jump their shit about it.

I do hope that no one gets screwed though.

i didnt mean it in a rude manner. Tone is hard to notice on the internet and I realize that, sorry man, didnt want to come off as a dick.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Didn't bite because things like this usually turn out extremely fishy. If this pans out and one of you ends up absolutely hating Eva, I'll give $15 shipped for one of the leftovers. :)

-Sailorneorune[/QUOTE]

Not to be rude... >_>

but if I don't feel like keeping it, I'm gonna have to go the eBay route. If it were a regluar DVD, and I could sell it on ebay for $15, or sell it to a CAG for $9, then I'd do it. But, if I could sell it used for $50 on ebay, I'm gonna have to go do that!

I guess they fixed the price. The link (in the first post) says its $85.00

Also, ADV had a sale that ended yesterday for a boxset of 8 DVDs for $15 (just saying that to the person that said you can't get one for that much)

[quote name='Sana_chan5']I guess they fixed the price. The link (in the first post) says its $85.00
[/QUOTE]

And my order #, which has the same SKU, still has $8.03 as my total, so it's looking pretty good so far. I'm soooo hoping this goes through :D

I'm thinking they changed it to "Street Fighter" on purpose upon realizing their mistake. Heck, look how many people freaked and called to cancel (or got it cancelled). Those of us that held our ground are looking pretty good. I would've paid the $85 for this set, so it's a real savings in my wallet.

I'm just gonna sit on this also, worst case senario I get something I don't want for $8...its $8, no big deal. I don't believe they are going to charge me more than what they already have. NGE was one of first anime series I watched and it remains one of the best. Goodluck to everyone getting their DVD set (minus hoarders)!

If Overstock renegs, they deserve to be shot. I'm still a little bitter with them over refusing to cancel an order 5 minutes after placing it (of course they did once they realized they weren't getting paid). Anyways, they told me point blank that they can't cancel an order once it's been placed, so try shoving that in their faces if they try to back out.

Ordered it on Sunday, and my order still isnt showing up on the Order Status Page. I had credit at Overstock, so it cost me nothing. Has this happened to anyone else?

hmm if they already charged our cards instead of waiting till the item ships and charge our cards can't they have a big lawsuit on their hands. Someone earlier in the post was talking about how some company charged peoples CC's for 300 on a 600 dollar monitor and then cancelled the orders because their was a price mistake. People sued, people won, everyone got their monitors.

I'm kicking myself for not ordering one at that low of a price. However, I'm willing to bet the $8 price would've stayed for a while if everybody didn't freak out. I'd get a kick out of Overstock racking up an assload of preorders and realizing that they had a mistake on their hands on the day that it released. :)

From what I know, Overstock won't cancel an order once you place it due to getting their stock from outside vendors. So if you order something and decide that you don't want it, you have to physically wait for the item to arrive and then send it back for a refund. I had to go all the way up through management once to cancel a CD that they had advertised as being $10 (Jimmy Page and Black Crowes, Live at the Greek.. retails for $30).

Mine still shows up as being chaged $6.63 and the title is just Neon Genesis Evengelion. And I've already been charaged for it.

Personally, I'm in it for the "slackicks." Thank God Lost is a rerun. And no, most Christians aren't that way, and most Muslims don't blow up buildings, but those are the ones we find interesting :roll: .

[quote name='Skylander7']I'm kicking myself for not ordering one at that low of a price. However, I'm willing to bet the $8 price would've stayed for a while if everybody didn't freak out. I'd get a kick out of Overstock racking up an assload of preorders and realizing that they had a mistake on their hands on the day that it released. :)

From what I know, Overstock won't cancel an order once you place it due to getting their stock from outside vendors. So if you order something and decide that you don't want it, you have to physically wait for the item to arrive and then send it back for a refund. I had to go all the way up through management once to cancel a CD that they had advertised as being $10 (Jimmy Page and Black Crowes, Live at the Greek.. retails for $30).[/QUOTE]

no one freaked out, people found a good deal and bought it.

When I check my order status on www.overstock.com it still says Neon Genisis Evangelion, and my total still comes up for $22 ( I ordered 3). I don't know why some people are saying that their order has been changed to Street Fighter, maybe they were late on jumping on this deal and got the short end of the stick.

my order was temporarily changed to some kind of Street Fighter anime thing, but it has now been changed back to "Neon Genesis Evangelion". everyone whose order was changed to the SF thing should check their "my account" at overstock.com again.

Yes, it was changed to some Street Fighter thing and now it's back to Neon Genesis Evangelion but now we don't even know what we're getting. It just says Neon Genesis Evangelion... nothing about a collection or anything.

bread's done
Back