Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

I think The Miz is the only heel I truly hate (in a good way). I mean, KO, Jericho, AJ, Rusev, etc are great, but I want them to win over whoever face they are fighting against.

Miz is very underrated and deserves better booking. I hope he takes a more prominent role on SD thanks to this promo.

I'd rather not see Miz at all. One work-shooty promo doesn't really change that. Owens is the best heel they have. If fans sometimes cheer for him anyway, that's more a reflection on the fans than it is on the performer.

Last edited by a moderator:
One on hand, I agree.

On the other, Miz conveys to me that even in 2016 it's possible to get the fans to hate you. It's the responsibility of the heel to get the fans to hate and boo you.

KO's "prizefighter who does what it takes to take care of his family" is *not* a heel character. It makes him sympathetic. He loves his wife and son, and conveys as much. It's easy to sympathize with that, easy to identify with that. It's very much his choice to blend his personal life with his wrestling life, but that comes at the expense of fans realizing "wait, this guy's not only an incredible wrestler, he's a good person as well."

I think that's why I now view Miz as one of the best heels in wrestling currently. People love to see him beaten up, embarrassed. He got Damien Mizdow the pop of a lifetime at Wrestlemania last year. That pop is for Mizdow, but it's also the culmination of the story both guys spent months telling together.

I like both very much as performers - but I have to say Miz is one of the best heels going right now.

I have never really been a fan of the Miz. He just comes off as a smarmy cocky fuckboy 99.9% of the time and honestly his matches have always been fairly so-so. That being said, after that promo, I am a newfound fan of him. Not his wrestling per se, but of him. I think he actually does care about the fans, the boys, and his gimmick.

Also, he is right about one thing. In the 10 or so yrs he has been here I don't know of once he has been injured and out of action. Hell, I can't even think of anyone he has injured either unlike Rollins who has now Injured Cena via broken nose, pretty much ended Stings career, and now put Balor on the shelf all within about a year and a half's time. So maybe instead of calling it a "coward" style, maybe he just wrestles a really safe style instead of this insane balls to the wall style we are seeing alot of lately.
Somewhere else I was reading about this story pointed out there was an injury to RTruth a few years ago where Miz failed to catch him properly during a frogsplash. Then someone else was bitching that there has to be more but the company was just hiding it from us.

The hatred for Miz makes him one of the most legitimate actual heels. I've been a fan of his for years now, since his feud with Cena building up to Wrestlemania 27. In a 3 way angle involving himself, Cena, and Rock. He proved he could hang with the best, especially on the mic. The only time I really felt like he got stale was when they inexplicably turned him face for a period of time.

He knows the business, he knows how to work a crowd, and most importantly, like the whole point of that promo, he knows how to work safe.

That's also a good point about Rollins. He might be a charismatic guy to watch in the ring and on the mic, he is far from being a safe worker. I mean, 3 major injuries caused by him in such a short period of time is more than just a coincidence. I mean, for god's sake quit with the power bomb toss already.

John Cena's face.
That's what I was referring to, but you could almost argue there was a 4th, himself.

At any rate, Sting and Balor were very clearly the result of one specific move. He should have stopped using it after Sting, using it on a barrier outside the ring is just plain negligent.

Just wanna chime in by saying that from my experience (meaning just my experience with my friends and I), Miz isn't "hated". It's more of an annoyance and lack of interest. Miz matches or promos are snack and bathroom time for us. I just don't care about him or his boring character or boring wrestling. That promo was great. If he wants to angrily defend himself being boring and be a dick in the process, that's a heel I can get behind (or against?).

This is in contrast to say, Vicki Guerrero, who was so annoying in such a good way that I wanted nothing but the worst for her.

I'm the exact opposite with those two examples. Vicki makes me turn it off while I want to see Miz get his comeuppance.

I love Rollins, I enjoy his mic and ring work, but the buckle bomb should probably go. I'd say tone it down, but Summerslam is exactly the kind of big stage to bust something out, so it would still happen.

More CWC tapings tonight, we're very excited. Headed to bed shortly to be ready.

The ironic thing about Rollins is they made him stop using the curb stomp for fear he was going to seriously injure someone and yet the buckle bomb appears to be the much more dangerous of the two moves.

The ironic thing about Rollins is they made him stop using the curb stomp for fear he was going to seriously injure someone and yet the buckle bomb appears to be the much more dangerous of the two moves.
I Think Rollins has said in interviews or whatever that the move was banned not because of him injuring someone, but how easy the move can be imitated by kids.

I Think Rollins has said in interviews or whatever that the move was banned not because of him injuring someone, but how easy the move can be imitated by kids.
That's my understanding too. When they showed Seth using it to win the title at WM 31 on the Today show is when Vince started thinking it was a bad idea.

Still, I think even the curb stomp can be used for special occasions. Like at Summerslam when he was scheduled to lose. The problem with how they're using the buckle buster now is that it looks dumb for the bump they take. Using it in a backstage segment or into an airbag would be fine.

Congratulations,
Kevin.

What an ending. Honestly didn't expect
Triple H returning and costing Seth the match.

Thanks for not winning
Roman.

Congratulations, Kevin.

What an ending. Honestly didn't see
Triple H returning and costing Seth the match.
Was literally just joking with my buddy moments prior about a
Triple H - Rollins
feud. Too funny. (Ours was based on that weird hug he shared with Steph earlier in the night though)

At first I was confused especially with HHH involved, but I think the main thing is they wanted a NXT guy to be holding the Universal title. I kind of hope that is where they go with this angle too.

At first I was confused especially with HHH involved, but I think the main thing is they wanted a NXT guy to be holding the Universal title. I kind of hope that is where they go with this angle too.
But Rollins (as a face) was the first NXT branded champion though.

You have to wonder what the plans were if Finn didn't get hurt. Does Triple H show up later on to cost Rollins the match? Maybe he was supposed to make an appearance at the next ppv.

I wonder if he'll stick around or what.

What's wrong with the Cesaro/Sheamus feud?

Granted, I've been way too busy to follow (and I have class Monday so I don't get to watch Raw live - I get back around 11PM if I'm lucky).

The two matches have been good so far though.  Sheamus is a good worker (really underrated by most) and works well with Cesaro.  Their matches have a physicality to them that you don't see as much nowadays.  Also I think they said last night that whoever wins this best-of-seven gets a title shot so I'm guessing Cesaro will go down 0-3 and then make a roaring comeback to win in 7, then go on to a title match with Owens (if he still has the belt by then).  It could even be at Survivor Series depending on how long the seven matches end up taking.  It's a lot better for Cesaro than some no stakes feud or not even being in a feud at all, floating around aimlessly in the mid card.  I think it's actually better for him than being in the fatal 4 way last night would've been, you all know he would've been the first to go just like Cass did. 

Did they say which title Cesaro gets a shot at? I thought they just said a title shot, which doesn't necessarily mean universal title. It's be cool if that was the case though.

CrJjD-wVIAAYoJD.jpg

...I'm honestly a little bummed I didn't know about this until now.

1) It was less than a half hour from where I am

2) That picture

3) (Rhino will not be cooking the spaghetti)

Does WWE not have the rights to the Headbangers theme anymore?  Seemed to kill their entrance with that generic music.  Also looked like Rhyno took a stiff shot last night and got busted open above his eye.

What's wrong with the Cesaro/Sheamus feud?

Granted, I've been way too busy to follow (and I have class Monday so I don't get to watch Raw live - I get back around 11PM if I'm lucky).
Watching Sheamus wrestle a match? Boring.

Watching Sheamus wrestle the same match potentially 8 times in a row? Kill me.

That's a pit of despair even Cesaro can't swing his way out of.

Apparently heavy editing in the Ibushi match tonight. He must have been expecting a 20 count and lost the match 5 minutes in by count out from a hesitant ref. Regal came out and restarted it, then they filmed the 7 count that aired.

That's hilarious. Poor guy. I thought that spot DID come off really strange, like he got caught in the guardrail but was never really in much danger of getting counted out. He just casually walked back into the ring after freeing himself, rather than having to dive into the ring at the count of 9 or whatever. Knowing it was a redone segment makes a lot of sense.

#JusticeForKendrick

While that Rhyno ad appeals to the appropriate demographic, I feel like it could have had more mainstream appeal (thus more money raised), if they didn't have a graphic of Rhyno and had appetizing shots of mama's spaghetti.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB58N3uTxnY

Absolutely godawful, but worth a watch if you consider yourself a Wrestlecrap connoisseur.

Why's Cena calling that kid "son"? :rofl:

I wish I could covertly sneak into the RAW production truck during a live show and broadcast this garbage on USA Network.  The millions watching around the world would be like "WTF is this??????????"

Last edited:
Man there was some good little things on Smackdown Live. Miz being the Miz & getting boo'd out of the building for running away from Ziggler, plus good matches by AJ/Apollo & Dean/Corbin, with nice stuff by Dean at the end rolling the ropes while AJ was crotched on them & talking some smack & patting him on the cheek.

I really want the Carmella heel turn to be b/c Nikki broke AJ's record, but I know that's a pipe dream.

BOLA win continues the hot steak for
Scurll
. I'm really sad I haven't caught more of his work yet, I need to catch up.

bread's done
Back