PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I do want to see that game succeed on the basic level and it coming to psn later (Root Double). The game looks pretty good. The stretch goals in that one are relatively terrible though.

Keeping a sharp eye out for Bravely Second at Best Buy.

..Although I'm thinking about dropping all this special edition stuff. Most of the stuff you don't even use; just put it on display or pack it away. Like I said before, I still want these special editions; I just don't WANT to want them.

Keeping a sharp eye out for Bravely Second at Best Buy.

..Although I'm thinking about dropping all this special edition stuff. Most of the stuff you don't even use; just put it on display or pack it away. Like I said before, I still want these special editions; I just don't WANT to want them.
I assume you meant to post that in the Japanese Niche or CE thread, lol. But yea, I'm skipping that one cause I already have the Bravely Second artbook.

Guys, I'm from Portugal and it looks like Tales of Hearts R has completely vanished from most shops, online stores and even the editor website and the only place I found that had it for a decent price (including shipping) was Amazon France.

Does anyone know if the game has English Subtitles in all versions? Not to happy with the idea of playing a JRPG with Japanese voices and French subtitles as I don't know Japanese and only know basic French...

For some reason I don't understand, since I don't care about the game at all, I've spent way too much time trying to figure out the economics of the Root Double Vita release.

They say that they're only making it available to $225+ backers to ensure the extra funds are received to make it a reality. They don't want to make it a stretch goal in case they don't meet it, and then they can't make the Vita version.

What happens if they only just barely make their original goal of $135k? Now they've made the same amount they originally budgeted for a PC release, plus they have a set of people (currently under 100) who have now pledged for a Vita version of the game. 

Is there something I'm not getting here? How does potentially making the same amount of money with an additional platform to convert to ensure that it gets made?

For some reason I don't understand, since I don't care about the game at all, I've spent way too much time trying to figure out the economics of the Root Double Vita release.

They say that they're only making it available to $225+ backers to ensure the extra funds are received to make it a reality. They don't want to make it a stretch goal in case they don't meet it, and then they can't make the Vita version.

What happens if they only just barely make their original goal of $135k? Now they've made the same amount they originally budgeted for a PC release, plus they have a set of people (currently under 100) who have now pledged for a Vita version of the game.

Is there something I'm not getting here? How does potentially making the same amount of money with an additional platform to convert to ensure that it gets made?
I say this is a case where it's just better not to back them. They haven't deliver a single PSVita game and taking their sweet time on that. Even if they keep their word, who's to say when you'll end up seeing the game.

And since it's digital, I rather just wait for when it pops up on the PSN store.

From Audi - I'm not here to convince anyone, but let me clarify something, regardless of what you think of it. We faced an obstacle here where people wanted Vita, and we wanted to do Vita. Our Vita development has gotten solid and progressing nicely with our devkits getting hot lately, so we were always eager. I began working on getting this done before the campaign even.

The issue is development and licensing. The whole dev team in Japan has to come back to refit the engine to work with the increased script size, voices need to be worked out, basically a bit ol licensing hootnanny. They were not easily convinced to go back to working on this engine just cause.

Regardless of what people think of the tiers and that stuff, that's something we have to meet in the middle on with the developers and such, and we try our best and there's tons of great content there. But with Vita, we are left with few options. RD is not some sort of huge anime franchise which soars past stretch goal after stretch goal. So either we have to guarantee the port at a loss to us, or not do it at all and be even more meany heads for not caring about Vita. So the only option is to include it with other rewards (the price of the Vita port is not 225 by itself) and let those rewards directly fund the development, or nothing. So the Vita tiers go straight to funding the development to make this port possible in the first place, not to jack up the price for Vita just cause.

Again, I am not asking people to like me by saying that, but its not just some sort of idiotic move made by me to screw myself over. I got everyone to agree to a term where we could offer Vita for sure without having to climb stretch goals, but rather that those who helps out the campaign and wants Vita gets it no matter what regardless.

Yeah I'm not getting the economics on that either. So it's not a stretch goal, but what if only a few people, far less than they had hoped, pledge at that level? They still promised it but then will they really have the funds to do it if they just barely make their first goal and to even go forward with the project for the PC and no stretch goals?

They've got some creative bookkeeping going on there.

They wanted to do the Vita version without having to dangle the "carrot". 

Honestly. I rather have them include another tier that just has the Vita version by itself. 

They wanted to do the Vita version without having to dangle the "carrot".

Honestly. I rather have them include another tier that just has the Vita version by itself.
Dangling the carrot at least ensures if they do meet that goal they should have enough, in theory, to do a Vita port. This doesn't. They're struggling to meet even the bare minimum goal they need to just do the PC version right now.

Dangling the carrot at least ensures if they do meet that goal they should have enough, in theory, to do a Vita port. This doesn't. They're struggling to meet even the bare minimum goal they need to just do the PC version right now.
As long as they get funded, they will do the Vita version. And those who picked the Vita tier will get it. Dem $225 supporters. I honestly hope Sekai stops relying on Kickstarter. I thought they could handle things themselves by now.

I don't know, it still seems fishy to me. At first it was like 'Look we need 135k minimum to do just the PC version'. Now it's like 'Oh we'll do the Vita version no matter what now'.

So which is it? Did they originally ask for more than they needed or are they pulling the money for the Vita version out of their asses?

Agreed they need to step up and be an actual publisher and stop expecting crowdfunding for every game. They've got a fair amount of games on Steam now so they have to have some income coming in.

Guys, I'm from Portugal and it looks like Tales of Hearts R has completely vanished from most shops, online stores and even the editor website and the only place I found that had it for a decent price (including shipping) was Amazon France.

Does anyone know if the game has English Subtitles in all versions? Not to happy with the idea of playing a JRPG with Japanese voices and French subtitles as I don't know Japanese and only know basic French...
if they did multi language options besides english for eu they'd just include all options for that areas release. so the most common languages english french german whatever more than likely.

I don't know, it still seems fishy to me. At first it was like 'Look we need 135k minimum to do just the PC version'. Now it's like 'Oh we'll do the Vita version no matter what now'.

So which is it? Did they originally ask for more than they needed or are they pulling the money for the Vita version out of their asses?

Agreed they need to step up and be an actual publisher and stop expecting crowdfunding for every game. They've got a fair amount of games on Steam now so they have to have some income coming in.
Iono. Ask Audi. :lol:

They should be making money from the Steam stuff.

just a request to anyone shopping out in the wild, im on the lookout for a couple of rare titles, but dont seem to be located anywhere near me.

if anyone can manage to locate a copy of Reailty Fighters, or MMA unleashed (CIB) i would pay handsomely for them.  just inbox me and we can work out details.

just a request to anyone shopping out in the wild, im on the lookout for a couple of rare titles, but dont seem to be located anywhere near me.

if anyone can manage to locate a copy of Reailty Fighters, or MMA unleashed (CIB) i would pay handsomely for them. just inbox me and we can work out details.
Reality fighters

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0050SW794/ref=sr_1_sc_1_olp?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1453795137&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Reailty+Fighters&condition=new

if anyone can manage to locate a copy of Reailty Fighters, or MMA unleashed (CIB) i would pay handsomely for them. just inbox me and we can work out details.
Check out GameStop for Reality Fighters, I happened to find one for super cheap CIB. Supremacy MMA on the other hand, I resorted to getting online for a decent price because it can be really rare to see in the wild. I've only seen it once at a local shop and they wanted $50 for it. >_<

Amazing Corpse Party wasn't crushed since they put it and Senran Kagura 2 in a box that was slightly smaller than both of them with the top bulging out.

Is the Amazon price for Corpse Party good? Or has/is it lower somewhere else? I've read good things about it, not usually a fan of JRPGs but this seems to have a creepy, good story.

Is the Amazon price for Corpse Party good? Or has/is it lower somewhere else? I've read good things about it, not usually a fan of JRPGs but this seems to have a creepy, good story.
It's been lower at Best Buy if you have GCU. Corpse Party isn't a JRPG. It's an adventure game with VN elements

Root Double has a $99 tier now. PC and Vita Digital Only.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/posts/1475355

By the way, Sekai Project is doing this "at a loss" now.

We are doing this at a loss even at funding cause the original dev team is coming back. However we want to guarantee that the port can happen instead of stretch goals and the likes. So it's an effort with us and the fans together to make the port possible to exist in the first place. Me and dovac managed to negotiate new prices with the support they saw so far.

This used to be the cheap vita game thread now it's the expensive vita game thread. I got new and tasty for free and now it's going to sell out at $25 in like 90 seconds.

They'd probably be doing it at a gain if they offered a physical copy, because digital only I sure as hell ain't paying $100 for it.

If anything, I'm the one who is at a loss...for words.

They'd probably be doing it at a gain if they offered a physical copy, because digital only I sure as hell ain't paying $100 for it.
Crazy! They try ripping they supporters. I never pay over $20 for digital copy. I don't mind pick it up for $40 physical copy. They getting greedy after muv-luv.

He may have meant they getting greedy because of the success of Muv-Luv as another kickstarter, so now they trying to copy them...or at least I hope that's what he's saying.

If they're trying to copy Muv Luv, they're doing it completely wrong.

60 bucks got you the Muv Trilogy digitally and 80 bucks got you the Muv Trilogy on Physical Carts.

As for Root Double, 99 bucks got you a Steam Key and a Vita Code...for 1 game.

Found another image of those questionable prize items that Nippon Icchi Software did a contest for in Japan to commemorate the launch of Criminal Girls 2 this past November. It's in spoiler tags just in case anyone is afraid it may be regarded as NSFW.:

CVWY3hVVEAA01fc.jpg

if they did multi language options besides english for eu they'd just include all options for that areas release. so the most common languages english french german whatever more than likely.
I think so. Tales of Hearts R does have all eu languages in USA as well, if un-advertised. (no mention by the American cover art or digital manual)

I didn't want anyone to confuse NISA with it's Japanese parent company NIS accidently.  ;)

Received my copy of Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ in the mail today, err, well yesterday considering it's now past midnight. That's my 129th Region 1 game.

bread's done
Back