PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
U0SMVYM.png

Yeah the people here are militantly pro physical and anti digital even if we're talking about an insane price difference because reasons.
I guess we don't own our digital games we rent them or whatever tired argument they use. :roll:
Just stick to the psn and Steam threads. :p
And people call us PC users elitists.

I definitely have some digital games. I had an N64 was I was a kid so I never played any of the great PS1 games. Being able to play them on my vita is awesome. I see the benefit in the digital games. I'm just calling you out for your "LOL digital was $4, buying physical is dumb" posts.

Everywhere I turn, there's a war going on in CAG. The Jpn Niche thread isn't safe either, be warned.
I don't know why people are arguing about physical vs digital. Digital is for people who play games and physical is for people who don't and just prefer to look at games on their shelves.

PC gamers are the obvious exception though because they just like to buy a bunch of cheap trash games on Steam and never play them.

I don't know why people are arguing about physical vs digital. Digital is for people who play games and physical is for people who don't and just prefer to look at games on their shelves.

PC gamers are the obvious exception though because they just like to buy a bunch of cheap trash games on Steam and never play them.
I fit in all 3 of those categories.

I GIVE UP!

27b.gif

Same. Thought about going back, but watching the Ph.Ds I work with... na.

Second Masters though, still considering.

Found a used Shinobid on 2 at a local GS, 9.99 and complete in great condition. Anyone thinking of getting it should probably go soon, seems to be drying up locally, and getting more expensive on Ebay.

One more heads up for PS Mobile owners; after Monday, you will no longer be able to activate PS Mobile service on your system if it ever becomes deactivated. If you want to keep your games, DO NOT remove your memory card at any point after February 29th.

You should also make triple sure that your system is activated before the deadline. I don't want to see anyone unknowingly lose all their games immediately.

AB Labyrinth and Tokyo Jungle are both really fun, and don't exist elsewhere (that I know of).

AB Labyrinth is very much like a graphical Nethack/Angband.

Tokyo Jungle is a grid based version of the PS3 version.

The other dozen games I tried... I wouldn't miss if I lost them.

Edit: Nvm, ABL is on iOS at the very least. Not that I have a single iOS device.

2EEdDSl.gif

Adventure Bar Labyrinth was just released on 3DS in Japan; it's very likely to be localized sooner or later.

Once that happens I may be open to saying goodbye to PS Mobile, since my two favorites (that and Fragment's Note) would be available on other platforms. As it is, it's a major inconvenience being unable to swap memory cards, even if I am rocking a 64GB at the moment.

Anyone know, if I upload a save file to the PS Plus storage for the Vita, then I delete the game data on the memory card, if the save data will still be there? Since I've read here that the save data gets deleted along with the game data on the memory card, I was hoping there was a way for me to save the "save data" without having to keep the game there forever.

You should be fine. I uploaded my save data from my old memory card and bought a brand new one. I downloaded all my games again, and retrieved my old saves from the cloud to my new card.

One more heads up for PS Mobile owners; after Monday, you will no longer be able to activate PS Mobile service on your system if it ever becomes deactivated. If you want to keep your games, DO NOT remove your memory card at any point after February 29th.

You should also make triple sure that your system is activated before the deadline. I don't want to see anyone unknowingly lose all their games immediately.
Unless something changed, I thought they made it to where you just had to reconnect to PSN after switching memory cards?

*1  Even after users complete the above procedure, if they swap their PS Vita memory cards or backup/restore their PS Vita/PS TV data, they must connect to the network the first time they are accessing PSM content.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/INFO-Update-on-PlayStation-Mobile-PSM/td-p/45023971

Anyone know, if I upload a save file to the PS Plus storage for the Vita, then I delete the game data on the memory card, if the save data will still be there? Since I've read here that the save data gets deleted along with the game data on the memory card, I was hoping there was a way for me to save the "save data" without having to keep the game there forever.
It should be there, I used this to transfer saves to a a newly bought Vita twice now.

I'll try to keep it short; if you don't know what PS Mobile is, this doesn't apply to you at all. The PS Mobile store closed last year. Shortly after, they removed the download service so you can't download any games you already purchased anymore. Now in March, we will no longer be able to activate the PS Mobile service on our system - which is a HUGE problem since it becomes deactivated just by taking out your memory card.

ah oreshika was on sale 2 days before christmas.  That explains why I missed it then since I doubt I was on around christmas to check.

Cruel game you're playing DeepDiscount, just cancel my order and refund me already. Watch them wait until the week of release then do it. Savages.

Cruel game you're playing DeepDiscount, just cancel my order and refund me already. Watch them wait until the week of release then do it. Savages.
Or they'll send you the game, and charge you full price.
Alright, kickrockz, finally an avatar I can get behind! Juicy Aries is awesome!
They can try, spent all my Paypal funds today on a pair of shoes and there's no valid CC on there lol.

:D/
I only have one thing to say to all of this.

e2c5a328834c77192c6c8c5ed6688ba9.jpg

I'll try to keep it short; if you don't know what PS Mobile is, this doesn't apply to you at all. The PS Mobile store closed last year. Shortly after, they removed the download service so you can't download any games you already purchased anymore. Now in March, we will no longer be able to activate the PS Mobile service on our system - which is a HUGE problem since it becomes deactivated just by taking out your memory card.
Thanks for explaining, thought it has to do directly with something that could affect me as a new vita user.

Still, that sounds like it sucks big time for people that have/use the service.

I'm on a completely different spectrum of thought entirely. Went to college, felt like I had been swindled out of my money by a bunch of brain damaged hippie con artists whom all shared the same hive minded purpose in life to lecture students on highly-controversial political propaganda that had nothing whatsoever to do with intended core fundamental learning curriculum of the individual classes.

I did not attend English 101 to be subjected to lectures on racial intolerance and inequalities of the 1960's.

I did not attend Computer 101 to be subjected to international cultural diversity studies.

I did not attend Math 101/102 to be subjected to creepily worded algebraic formula puzzles concerning sexual orientation rights and equalities on matters of adoption.

And that was how out of whack public college was in 2003.

Sage words of advice from me to anyone contemplating college. If in doubt about enrolling, just don't go. Yes, you read that right, I'm saying don't even bother setting foot on a campus. Take that money you were going to use as a down payment on the enrollment fee and buy yourself a nice used Mercedes-Benz.  Drive that around for a bit, say a few hundred miles or more, whatever it takes to clear your head and seriously think over what it is you could envision yourself enjoying doing the rest of your life, and then reality check that with things you already are good at. Ultimately you're likely going to get an idea of what skills you may need to improve and that should lead to towards specific types of jobs you should probably try out. It may take you days, weeks, months, even a few years, but eventually you will develop a cohesion of concepts, desires, ideas, skills, and thoughts which will lead you to what it is you'll actually want to do, not as a job, but as a career. Just keep in mind, wealth is never a guaranteed thing regardless of what occupation you may pursue. Learn to budget according to your income and you will do just fine.

the_more_you_know.jpg

And seriously, if you can find a nice deal on a S or even an E Class, go for it!

Uh, well back on topic... uhm. Oh yeah. As of Monday (2/22) Libra of the Vampire Princess was less than $12,000 away from reaching the PS Vita stretch goal through BackKit! Will we be super close to goal on Monday? Has the goal already been met? Only MiKandi Japan knows, but pledges from ravenous Vita collector's like us will help the goal get met all the faster!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikandijapan/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english/description

libra_of_the_vampire_stretch.jpg

How sure are you about this? Because I saw this post and then swapped my main card (which just has my regular vita games on it) with my card that has the PS Mobile games, and it didn't make me reactivate. Everything started up fine.

I stand firm on my stance that once it's $90 (or somewhere closer than a thousand) away from unlocking, I'll commit.

They're still seemingly trying to upsell the whole "pending" approval thing, but I'm sure they very damn well know by not if it's going to get approved or not, but just not telling us, so not going to give them a pass on these dirty mind games they playing!

UNACCEPTABLE!

tumblr_no35xmUR7V1upvhr5o1_500.gif

I'm on a completely different spectrum of thought entirely. Went to college, felt like I had been swindled out of my money by a bunch of brain damaged hippie con artists whom all shared the same hive minded purpose in life to lecture students on highly-controversial political propaganda that had nothing whatsoever to do with intended core fundamental learning curriculum of the individual classes.

I did not attend English 101 to be subjected to lectures on racial intolerance and inequalities of the 1960's.

I did not attend Computer 101 to be subjected to international cultural diversity studies.

I did not attend Math 101/102 to be subjected to creepily worded algebraic formula puzzles concerning sexual orientation rights and equalities on matters of adoption.

And that was how out of whack public college was in 2003.

Sage words of advice from me to anyone contemplating college. If in doubt about enrolling, just don't go. Yes, you read that right, I'm saying don't even bother setting foot on a campus. Take that money you were going to use as a down payment on the enrollment fee and buy yourself a nice used Mercedes-Benz. Drive that around for a bit, say a few hundred miles or more, whatever it takes to clear your head and seriously think over what it is you could envision yourself enjoying doing the rest of your life, and then reality check that with things you already are good at. Ultimately you're likely going to get an idea of what skills you may need to improve and that should lead to towards specific types of jobs you should probably try out. It may take you days, weeks, months, even a few years, but eventually you will develop a cohesion of concepts, desires, ideas, skills, and thoughts which will lead you to what it is you'll actually want to do, not as a job, but as a career. Just keep in mind, wealth is never a guaranteed thing regardless of what occupation you may pursue. Learn to budget according to your income and you will do just fine.

the_more_you_know.jpg

And seriously, if you can find a nice deal on a S or even an E Class, go for it!

Uh, well back on topic... uhm. Oh yeah. As of Monday (2/22) Libra of the Vampire Princess was less than $12,000 away from reaching the PS Vita stretch goal through BackKit! Will we be super close to goal on Monday? Has the goal already been met? Only MiKandi Japan knows, but pledges from ravenous Vita collector's like us will help the goal get met all the faster!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikandijapan/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english/description

libra_of_the_vampire_stretch.jpg
what tier we get physical vita copy?

How sure are you about this? Because I saw this post and then swapped my main card (which just has my regular vita games on it) with my card that has the PS Mobile games, and it didn't make me reactivate. Everything started up fine.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/INFO-Update-on-PlayStation-Mobile-PSM/td-p/45023971

Direct quote from Sony.

And I just tried to load a PS Mobile game after swapping cards.

vAwjNor.jpg

If you were able to load a PS Mobile game just fine after switching out your memory card, you were most likely online. The activation process is automatic and mostly seamless.

Just a reminder. The Muv-Luv Team will be closing the Backerkit at the end of February. If you want to gain access, simply email them at [email protected] to get an invite. Upon receiving BackerKit email, be sure to select "Upgrade Pledge" (same goes for all $1 Backers -- otherwise you won't see any survey questions at all!)

$80 + shipping gets you the Standard Edition of Muv Luv Vita and a Digital Code of your platform (PC/Vita/or Android) choice.

$150 + shipping gets you the Collector's Edition of Muv Luv Vita (or PC)
- Physical copy of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative [PC or Vita] [Hand-Signed]: 3 Games on 2 individual Carts
- Physical Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Physical Kickstarter Special Artbook [now upgraded to 80-page hardcover]
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [PC] - yes, you do get both Digital Codes
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [Vita] - yes, you do get both Digital Codes
- Digital Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Digital Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Digital Official Muv-Luv Codex
- PC copy of Photon Melodies + Photon Flowers : Basically side stories but are games in themselves.
- Sumika Figma
-Schwarzesmarken Visual Novel Demo
-Teito Moyu sidestory translations

This is the only way to get Muv-Luv in a physical Vita Format. The Muv Luv Team had stated that the likelihood of a retail release is incredibly slim.
General Reminder

It'll be funny when Libra gets approved by Sony. Took em about how many months? 1 - 2 Whereas Grisaia is still pending approval after a year.

So if I pledge for the physical PsVita Libra of the Vampire Princess and they do not reach the Physical Goal am I out of luck with getting money refunded back ?

Just picked up my first Vita. I already have a bunch of previously purchased digital PSP games to play on there but no memory card. Any recommendations on where to pick up one for the best price?

Thanks and looking forward to contributing to this thread in the future.

bread's done
Back