PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned this before, but I really wish Sony did save files differently. I've been playing Ragnarok Odyssey on my Vita and Vita TV. It's one of the games that actually saves to the cartridge, so I can switch between the two systems at will; no memory card swapping or cloud saving necessary. It's incredibly convenient, and one of the few games that support such a thing.

I'd like it so much better if all Vita games saved to the cart like any other cartridge-based system. (And that's to say nothing about game saves being tied to download.)

ive had some issue with the cart based saving system, like MK and Army corps, if i swap, my save file wipes, luckily, before i swap, i upload to the cloud as well.

I mentioned this before, but I really wish Sony did save files differently. I've been playing Ragnarok Odyssey on my Vita and Vita TV. It's one of the games that actually saves to the cartridge, so I can switch between the two systems at will; no memory card swapping or cloud saving necessary. It's incredibly convenient, and one of the few games that support such a thing.

I'd like it so much better if all Vita games saved to the cart like any other cartridge-based system. (And that's to say nothing about game saves being tied to download.)
Personally, I love the current setup sony has for the Vita. I don't mind pushing saves to the cloud in the event of moving between systems on the same game quickly... and the automatic backup is great. I'm glad saves aren't all locked to the cartridges... I'd actually prefer it if no game carts had saves and the saves were instead on the system. Why? Because the other side of sharing a game with yourself between systems is sharing it with others in the same house. The games that have built in saves are a pita to share because you have to delete all the data on the cart first in order for the other person to earn trophies on their account and then redownload the backed up save from the cloud (if they have PS+ which in my house it's just me). Plus this is a minor annoyance when buying used games too because the ones with saves on them require the same hoops to jump through (install, delete, reinstall) before playing. Still, it's better having stuff on the actual systems for sharing purposes because everyone has their own account, their own saves, and no one is fighting over who got the last save slot and who is getting deleted so someone else can play a game. Once you have kids and multiple systems and want to share games and stuff, cart saves become an issue... especially when the game has just one save like say Pokemon.

The one major change I wish they would make to the Vita and more importantly the PSTV is to implement multiple profiles like the PS3 & PS4 have. So we could use the system more like a regular console and not just a single persons PSV.

Cloud saves ftw.  Makes the Vita's stupid save data flaws a non-issue.

EDIT:  Derp.. nm.. Got my wires crossed.  Clannad has no vita physical.

Cloud saves ftw. Makes the Vita's stupid save data flaws a non-issue.

EDIT: Derp.. nm..
Physical means the cart, not a digital code.

It just comes in a physical box though. :p

So no, not yet.

Giving Sekai Project too much credit there. ;D

Physical means the cart, not a digital code.

It just comes in a physical box though. :p

So no, not yet.

Giving Sekai Project too much credit there. ;D
I don't think there is even a digital Vita version for the US. I've backed almost a dozen KS campaigns and forgot which games are for which platforms. Clannad seems to be PC only for now. Glad I got it, but kind of bummed we're still waiting on any KS campaigns to deliver a physical Vita release of a game.

I don't think there is even a digital version for the US. I've backed almost a dozen KS campaigns and forgot which games are for which platforms. Clannad seems to be PC only for now.
If I remember correctly, I think they did drop it in the end. :p

Pretty much the start of the disappointment. T___T

But at the very least, we still got Muv-Luv. ^__^

Glad I got it, but kind of bummed we're still waiting on any KS campaigns to deliver a physical Vita release of a game.
With Muv-Luv, we're actually just waiting for the physical delivery, and not delivering a promise like the other projects have not even gotten close to, so it's a good sign.

Happy dance!

tumblr_inline_nuxq87QL9l1sdpxqh_500.gif

Of all the KS vita projects, the only one I've backed is Muv-Luv because it's the only one that looked legit enough for me to take the risk with fairly realistic goals and money requirements.  I plan to get the retail vita version of Bloodstained (or just go digital if that's not an option for some reason).  Everything else... if it's mostly just digital only anyway I can wait for it to come out and see if it's interesting enough for me to purchase on PSN.  I don't mind buying digital games as long as I have the space to realistically play them one day.

I back every Vita project I can find, though I've now pretty much stopped unless there is a physical port. I can always buy a digital version later, but I'm always afraid I will miss out if I don't back a game if a physical copy is available. 

Backed Bloodstained at $150 and Muv Luv at $220 (Gotta have that physical codex), and I regret nothing. 

The one kickstarter that ROYALLY pissed me off though was Mighty No. 9. First was me being told by their staff that the VITA version would be digital only and that I wouldn't be able to get an NA physical copy. (They have a physical tier and I swear if they end up sending an NA version of MN9 out to backers I will flip). Then they announced a collectors edition for the console ports that was unavailable to backers of the kickstarter, so I had to shell out more money for that. 

THEN they decided to do an Asian English release, so I had to spend even more money to preorder an import copy. 

Sekai Project just fails....

Still waiting on that Grisaia news. 

They finally started porting Fault Milestone to the Vita but they're outsourcing it to another company.

Sekai Project just fails....

Still waiting on that Grisaia news.

They finally started porting Fault Milestone to the Vita but they're outsourcing it to another company.
Which is hilarious because they offered to port Quantum Suicide over to the VITA.

More PsVita Adventures.. Aegis Of Earth releases today.. For those that didnt pre-order like myself that went to pick up a copy at Gamestop will be detoured to purchase somewhere else as no copies were available at any store nearby either.. You can buy gamestop Web In-store or online, but no on shelf copies to grab..
I myself usually wait until a game is available pre-owned & do a B2G1 and stuff to save as much as possible.. Dont know what to do in this case though.. Frustrated Vita game searcher-

More PsVita Adventures.. Aegis Of Earth releases today.. For those that didnt pre-order like myself that went to pick up a copy at Gamestop will be detoured to purchase somewhere else as no copies were available at any store nearby either.. You can buy gamestop Web In-store or online, but no on shelf copies to grab..
I myself usually wait until a game is available pre-owned & do a B2G1 and stuff to save as much as possible.. Dont know what to do in this case though.. Frustrated Vita game searcher-
I preordered a copy from BB, and it arrived today. I feel like this game is going to have a fairly small production run, and I generally like TD games, so I figured I'd just get it at launch.

If you want to wait for preowned B2G1 what's the point of going to the store searching for a new copy. Preowned copies won't show up this fast.

Also, just buy it with GCU and avoid all this "adventure". Gas is not cheap.

I bought both Murasaki Mist: Akara's Journey and Super Blast Deluxe today for vita since they both had a 30% off discount with PS Plus.

My copy of Aegis Of Earth should also be arriving today from Best Buy.

I'm under the impression that no copies of Aegis Of Earth for any platform are available to purchase in store for any company.

preorder only i heard

Glad I waited to get Ultra Despair Girls. Like someone else mentioned, my store had it marked down to $24 before GCU. And I used the gift card that I got from eBay, so even more savings.

Edit: and forgot to use my $5 reward. Oh well.

Any played the Jak and Daxter collection on Vita? It's in this weeks sale but I have heard rumblings of a poor port which makes me hesitate to buy it without further information.

I just ordered Aegis Earth after reading some of today's comments.  GCU and a $10 rewards cert made it just under $15. 

Also, the new Senran Kagura game came out today as well.

DeepDiscount still has my order but I have not received a cancellation or a refund. I guess I will have to wait till the Last Guardian Comes Out 

I'm under the impression that no copies of Aegis Of Earth for any platform are available to purchase in store for any company.
I just checked online and my local BB says they have it in stock in the store, hopefully I will be able to get one as soon as they open up in the morning.

are there  2 different  

Senran Kagura Estival Versus

gamefly keep it  32 tempted

wonder if you get all of the goodies

I just ordered Aegis Earth after reading some of today's comments. GCU and a $10 rewards cert made it just under $15.

Also, the new Senran Kagura game came out today as well.
gamefly getting it tomorrow.. fingers crossed

that aegis gets here by saturday (ships weds) so hopefully saturday)

Senran should be here thursday (shipped monday)

needs to try to beat both of them fast cause need open slot for

that zelda game next week and the tillion game the following tuesday (though probally up to 3 at time to get the trillon)

No Best Buy's here got Aegis or Senran Kagura. But you can instore pickup both for Friday

Probably gonna end up ordering Aegis for PS4 incase it ends up being rare.

I don't think that was the game they are talking about. It's posted in this thread a week or so ago, they had a kickstarter that someone asked about a physical release on a small scale, they said it may not be worth it for them to do.. LRG tweeted them saying they may be able to help and they said they were interested in talks. 

I don't care to delve into the depths of this thread to find it.. I'm sure someone else will remember the game.  :)

did anyone get their copy of aegis of earth from gamestop today? Mines was preordered and paid for last month and I got nothing. Of course I did get a copy of senran today (1 of 2 copies, thankfully it was a sealed copy) so at least I got one of my preorders.It's a bit surprising that the prce difference is so much between a new copy of aegis and used. I can understand $5 but 10 is a bit tempting to wait out a new copy and go preowned, but like some of you said I have a feeling it wont be a easy to come by game in the future

bread's done
Back