PS3 New MSRP: $249.99 - $299.99 - $349.99

crzyboy88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]24385[/IMG-R]Effective immediately, PS3 consoles receive a $50 price drop (and a new Infamous 2 bundle).

:ps3: PS3 160 GB $249.99
:ps3: PS3 320 GB $299.99
:ps3: PS3 320GB inFamous 2 Bundle $299.99
:ps3: PS3 320 GB Move Bundle $349.99

Sony has just announced a global price drop to $249.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/16/ps3-price-cut-to-250/

Well, this is certainly surprising. Sony closed out its Gamescom 2011 keynote with the startling announcement that the PlayStation 3 (assumedly the standard, 160GB model) has had its price cut across the globe: It's now $249.99 in the U.S., €249.99 in Europe and ¥24,980 in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='louiedog']Outrageous! I paid $500 5 years ago. They better give me 20 free games![/QUOTE]

Please i payed 600 at launch, i want 30 games and a early copy of the last guardian

Yay! My PS3 fatty just started flashing some sexy yellow lights at me so instead of paying for a repair I'll just wait to see what deals show up in the coming months on a slim. Perfect time to break though when all the good games are coming out soon, now I have less money to spend on games since I need a new console.... Waaaaaaaaaaaa :'(

[quote name='Silverspud']Mine just died last night. That's some freaky timing.[/QUOTE]

Sony did it. Kazuo Harai and Kevin Butler broke in to your place wearing skintight catsuits showing all their man cleavage, rigged your console to implode so that you would have to buy a new one and give them more money.

[quote name='louiedog']Ooooooh! Let the conspiracy theories begin! I bet Sony sent out a kill command to 17% of the PS3s that are out of warranty.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft sent Sony the software to make something worse than E74, E75 !

[quote name='strait edge follower']Please i payed 600 at launch, i want 30 games and a early copy of the last guardian[/QUOTE]

No. You get all of the Pain DLC (a value of over $1200!) and you will settle for a partial screenshot of The Last Guardian. Sony isn't in the business of catering to the whims of people who want to learn about highly anticipated upcoming titles.

[quote name='mgorsi']wow 3 threads already? come on look before making a new thread[/QUOTE]

Funny you should mention that. I did check and mine was actually first by a just a little. Sadly, it seems that the other thread is getting more replies.

[quote name='dealsthatkills']Sony did it. Kazuo Harai and Kevin Butler broke in to your place wearing skintight catsuits showing all their man cleavage, rigged your console to implode so that you would have to buy a new one and give them more money.[/QUOTE]

I'd gladly pay the $250 for Kevin and Kazou's catsuit dance alone. No need to ruin my things.

[quote name='louiedog']No. You get all of the Pain DLC (a value of over $1200!) and you will settle for a partial screenshot of The Last Guardian. Sony isn't in the business of catering to the whims of people who want to learn about highly anticipated upcoming titles.[/QUOTE]

Darn :( ah well that will have to do. Ill just bring in my launch 60 gig to bestbuy for my 350$ price ajustment in time for the ambassador program

[quote name='Wario64']My thread is about the 320 GB model, which is a $100 price drop and includes Infamous 2 and PS+. Different than these other threads.[/QUOTE]

It all should be in one thread really.

[quote name='aznhero913']I miss his commercials!!![/QUOTE]

I wonder if he got in trouble for re-posting those Sony keys lol

His twitter is still pretty active and fairly funny at least

[quote name='ssjmichael']Haven't seen Kevin Butler in a while now that I think about it[/QUOTE]

Like I said, he's been too busy with his B&E and sabotage to be bothered with any commercials.

Yeah, I was just thinkng the same thing though before my other post. So that's my theory and I'm just gonna run wth it. We should see him coming up in some ads of the price drop in a few days I would guess.

[quote name='Silverspud']I'd gladly pay the $250 for Kevin and Kazou's catsuit dance alone. No need to ruin my things.[/QUOTE]
PS3 exclusive catwoman skins for Batman: AC.

I closed the other thread, you guys can add the new bundle info since everyone wants it in 1 thread: (not sure, why, new bundle is different from a price drop)

Better than $249 imo

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...icedrop_081611

Today, I believe that value becomes even more evident. I’m excited to share with you that effective immediately at retailers throughout North America, the 160 GB PS3 and the 320GB PS3 are now available for $249 and $299, respectively. In addition, a limited edition inFAMOUS 2 bundle is now available at participating retailers across North America. The bundle retails for $299 and includes a 320 GB PlayStation 3, a copy of inFAMOUS 2 and a 30-day membership to PlayStation Plus.

They should have used this opportunity to drop the PS Move bundle down too. At $99 it's okay, but I'm sure sales aren't as good as it used to be, and with so many games getting move support they need to keep those units moving. They should drop the bundle down to $69.99, and the individual controllers to ~$30-35

[quote name='Silverspud']Mine just died last night. That's some freaky timing.[/QUOTE]

My 60gb died two days ago. I fully believe the update caused it. I'm not saying it's intentional (I think they've had enough bad PR of late for that), but I do believe it has bricked a sizable amount of the original 60gb ones. That said, as soon as amazon puts up the infamous bundle (assuming they are a "participating retailer"), I'm probably buying it.

This should be in another forum. Price drops are news, not deals. Either produce a site selling it for sub 249.99 or let's move this!

[quote name='ssjmichael']They should have used this opportunity to drop the PS Move bundle down too. At $99 it's okay, but I'm sure sales aren't as good as it used to be, and with so many games getting move support they need to keep those units moving. They should drop the bundle down to $69.99, and the individual controllers to ~$30-35[/QUOTE]

They have dropped the PS3/Move bundle. It's is $350 now, even though it wasn't listed in the post. It's the only price amazon HAS changed yet.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Yeah, the PS3 only uses 5 times the electricity of a stand-alone bluray player. You should buy one for every room of the house![/QUOTE]

The PS3 Slim only uses around 80 watts when playing blu-ray, so your comment is very much over the top. You make it sound like it's gonna double your electric bill or something stupid, smart ass.

[quote name='ijustw1n']This should be in another forum. Price drops are news, not deals. Either produce a site selling it for sub 249.99 or let's move this![/QUOTE]

A: Who gives a **** which heading it's under?
B: I would certainly consider the Infamous 2 bundle a "deal".

[quote name='knight613']So when is the next $50 gift card deal? I hope there's one for this weekend.[/QUOTE]

i doubt we'll be seeing gift cards until black friday/holiday season now.

Wow, Sony finally got a surprise right. I'm guessing they sprung this on retailers, as there's no way a price drop like this would have stayed quiet. I mean, even I'm surprised so kudos to them.

FYI, Gamescom > E3. There's just no comparison to the excitement going on today.

[quote name='mietha']They have dropped the PS3/Move bundle. It's is $350 now, even though it wasn't listed in the post. It's the only price amazon HAS changed yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the $99 Move bundle, not the PS3 bundle.

Also, I'm pretty sure that bundle has been that price for a while now...

[quote name='mietha']My 60gb died two days ago. I fully believe the update caused it. I'm not saying it's intentional (I think they've had enough bad PR of late for that), but I do believe it has bricked a sizable amount of the original 60gb ones. That said, as soon as amazon puts up the infamous bundle (assuming they are a "participating retailer"), I'm probably buying it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon will have it. I searched for the bundle just now and they have an option to be notified when it's in stock. Hopefully they will allow you to buy it later today. Hopefully this new bundle comes with the new 3001 model slims.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm talking about the $99 Move bundle, not the PS3 bundle.

Also, I'm pretty sure that bundle has been that price for a while now...[/QUOTE]

No, I know. I was just saying the the other bundle had dropped because I hadn't seen any mention of it. Anywhere actually, which makes me think they are phasing it out. And yeah, it's been that price since launch, as far as I know. I don't really see them dropping it, but I agree it should be $80 or so at this point.

[quote name='Darth Indy']Amazon will have it. I searched for the bundle just now and they have an option to be notified when it's in stock. Hopefully they will allow you to buy it later today. Hopefully this new bundle comes with the new 3001 model slims.[/QUOTE]

Can you link it? I keep trying and I can't find a page for it.

Edit: NVM, finally found it.

[quote name='Wario64']I closed the other thread, you guys can add the new bundle info since everyone wants it in 1 thread: (not sure, why, new bundle is different from a price drop)

Better than $249 imo

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...icedrop_081611

Today, I believe that value becomes even more evident. I’m excited to share with you that effective immediately at retailers throughout North America, the 160 GB PS3 and the 320GB PS3 are now available for $249 and $299, respectively. In addition, a limited edition inFAMOUS 2 bundle is now available at participating retailers across North America. The bundle retails for $299 and includes a 320 GB PlayStation 3, a copy of inFAMOUS 2 and a 30-day membership to PlayStation Plus.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this. I updated the original post to include this info.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Fingers crossed on a 360 price drop.[/QUOTE]
It would be financial suicide not to at this point. They have GoW3 coming out for the system and that's it. Even then, I don't see it as being a system seller. Hell, it's the only thing I'm getting for the system this YEAR to add to my collection of five games.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Butler is probibly working on ads for resistance 3, god of war origins collection, ico collection and uncharted 3. He will return :)[/QUOTE]

A little OOT but it was pretty freaky to see K.B. on Bad Teacher. I know he's a regular actor, but I'm so used to see him as K.B. that it's hard to think of him as anyone else

[quote name='Jodou']It would be financial suicide not to at this point. They have GoW3 coming out for the system and that's it. Even then, I don't see it as being a system seller. Hell, it's the only thing I'm getting for the system this YEAR to add to my collection of five games.[/QUOTE]

The 360 has been selling better than the competition with barely any first party titles at all, so I think they'll be just fine if they didn't drop the price.

Cool. My PS3 just broke and it's not under warranty so if I sent it into sony for $150 to repair it, I'd get a refurbished PS3 and I'd rather just have a slim for this price. I'll wait until the holiday season when they inevitably throw in some free games or accessories.

:applause:

I said before that if Sony dropped the PS3 to the same level as the Vita, they would have a monster combo on their hands. I figured they'd do it during the holiday season but doing this early was a brilliant move- they'll get more potential sales before Nintendo or MS reacts!

[quote name='strait edge follower']Considering the features that the vita has out of the box i think it will be fine. Its acually worth the 250 unlike the 3ds[/QUOTE]

Oh man, it's 2006 all over again. $599!

[quote name='ssjmichael']The 360 has been selling better than the competition with barely any first party titles at all, so I think they'll be just fine if they didn't drop the price.[/QUOTE]
There has never been a time when a (competitive model) PS3 was lower priced than a 360, though. Considering M$ throws money at Halo and MW advertising until they win, it's really not surprising 360 sold well either.

[quote name='fishphoenix']My friend just got a ps3 at best buy last week for $299, can he take his receipt in and get $50 back?[/QUOTE]

yes, when the price becomes effective in stores which should be very soon

[quote name='strait edge follower']I saw this comming a while ago. If you dont have one yet, GET IT NOW lol[/QUOTE]

Can you guys let me know when the Move Bundle PS3 is $299 or less? kthanks!

bread's done
Back