PS3 Slim Redesign - Real - $299

It's a image editing job. Take a look at the specs on there:

160GB HD
4 USB ports
full BC
memory card reader

The memory card reader, 4 USB ports and full BC were part of the 20GB and 60GB models and dropped on the other ones.

Just saw this:

http://thebigmanandgarrett.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/exclusive-ps3-slim-best-buy-ad-leaked/

It might be photoshopped, but that's a hell of a deal on some of those games, and reminds me of the rumor-then-true $10 Best Buy game deal from a few months ago.

The text seems to say full compatibility is back... I don't know how likely that is, so chalk this one up as "maybe."

Feel free to move this to the garbage if everybody comes to a consensus on it being fake.

There is so much space between the numbering of 299.99 and 59.99. I've never seen a BB ad do that before.

Even if the slim were released on 9/6, I doubt it would be for 299.99 and have all those features.

100% fake. People, think before you propagate this bs. The author of that fake image is having orgasm as we speak. Don't reward/encourage this shit.

[quote name='confoosious']That font is all wrong. THis is so fake.

And also not in the right forum.

ghey[/QUOTE]

Well, if it's real, then it's a deal and it's the right forum.

But yeah, I just noticed the games don't even have the red greatest hit bars on them, so that can't help it.

Looks too fake to be trusted. One thing that sort of gets me is how the pictures seems to be of a computer monitor. I don't think Best Buy does advertisements that way in store. Another thing that bothers me is the fact that MGS4 and Assassins Creed do not have the special Greatest Hits label on them. Anyone remember recent advertisements showing them that way?

If someone can check the SKU provided then that may provide some clues to what this is. Just really looks to fake to me.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Well, if it's real, then it's a deal and it's the right forum.

But yeah, I just noticed the games don't even have the red greatest hit bars on them, so that can't help it.[/QUOTE]

Its faker than fake. That fake PS3 Slim pic has suckered so many people (not saying youre a sucker) at this point its not even funny

[quote name='confoosious']Can a mod kill this please.

And OP, don't be a sucker and spread this shit. It just makes you look dumb.[/QUOTE]

Says the guy with a picture of Ralph picking his nose. :)

While yes, it may be fake, it wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility for BB to sell those games at $9.99 considering they all either have sequels coming out soon or are older versions of games that will be re-released in the coming months. In addition, we all know the PS3 slim is coming ... you'd be dumb to deny it ... so I say, wait and see until August 18th

And why use greatest hits artwork on a front page ad when the original boxes are far more identifiable ... I don't think that the box art issue is enough to confirm this is fake ... in fact, if I were marketing BB's ads, I would use original box art unless every single one of these games was a Greatest Hit, which they aren't

Speaking as someone who works for one of the companies that prints the Best Buy ad I cannot see how this could be real. It looks too plain to
be a flyer, too much empty space across top and left. It also looks like it says available 9/6 on it and Best Buy ads aren't printed that
far in advance. The font also looks off. Lastly the use of non-greatest hits images. It just screams fake.

But damn I would love to get Uncharted and LBP for $10.

[quote name='confoosious']Can a mod kill this please.

And OP, don't be a sucker and spread this shit. It just makes you look dumb.[/QUOTE]

well im sure you've looked dumb before.

This might not be fake, this happened the last time the ps2 slim was announced, we all scoffed until it turned out to be true.

This is def not posted in the correct section though. Honestly what the fuck is up with the harsh tones of the newer CAG's, calm yourselves children.

I agree the empty space in the middle is suspect ... but Sony is going to have to make a compelling sales run going into Holiday season 09, unless they want to get slaughtered by Nintendo and MS. The price makes sense and the price on those games for a one week sale is competitive enough to draw in people on the fence ... even if this is fake, this is exactly what Sony needs to do ... and BB can't be loving the current economy either and I'm sure they would love to clear out some 08 games while selling PS3s that will bring future sales as we move into October, November and December

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I know it's fake, but if the games do drop that low I'll buy a PS3 postehaste.[/QUOTE]

No kidding......My GS credit would spontaneously combust! :hot:

Did anyone else notice this looks like it was taken from a computer screen? While yes ... it could be totally fake .. it also could mean it's a preliminary ad that's being worked on layout wise but isn't completely done, hence explaining some of the empty space and the fact that it's early to be seeing any sort of print version. And let's be real, if Sony is announcing this thing on the 18th for a early September release, someone at Best Buy already knows about it.

I'm not willing to say fake so fast, I know for a FACT that PS3 slim is coming out beginning of September. I can't speak to the rest of the info on the ad though, but it looks fairly real the "slim is in" thing adds credibility to it in my book.

[quote name='roymustang']I'm not willing to say fake so fast, I know for a FACT that PS3 slim is coming out beginning of September. I can't speak to the rest of the info on the ad though, but it looks fairly real the "slim is in" thing adds credibility to it in my book.[/QUOTE]

Show me these FACTS you speak of.

and lulz at "the slim is in" thing adds credibility.

$299.98? What kind of console launches with a price that ends in .98? That's the big indicator for me that the ad isn't real. fucking 98 cents? Serious?

[quote name='roymustang']I'm not willing to say fake so fast, I know for a FACT that PS3 slim is coming out beginning of September. I can't speak to the rest of the info on the ad though, but it looks fairly real the "slim is in" thing adds credibility to it in my book.[/QUOTE]
Your name makes me want to type a great pun related to snapping your fingers, but I can't think of one.

I'll say REAL.

Everyone is so quick to yell fake, fake, fake. It's like people are afraid to believe that something might be true becuase they'll look like idiots when they're wrong.
Look at what happened with Slim PS2 or even recently with the initial "fake" PS3 Slim rumors...which apparently turned out to be real. Bad photoshop, wrong logo, cheap plastic, too soon is what they all said. Except now we all fully expect Sony to make it official in Germany.

So I will say REAL because it never hurts to hope and dream for it to be true.
(plus I want Uncharted for 10 bucks)

Well, beyond that this PS3 seems to be fake and has way too many features compared to the current models, why would they be selling some of the most popular games for PS3 for $10? I might believe $20 for that selection, but $10 is 1/4 the price of MGS4 and 1/6 the price of Uncharted and LBP. Even considering those games would get a price drop in the near future, it would be pretty stupid for Best Buy to get a price drop, and then also put it on sale, because it will kill later sales at the new price.

And if they did do this, the ad would be emphasizing it ("murderously good prices on need-to-own games") rather than just putting it up there like it's just some ordinary deal.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Just saw this:

http://thebigmanandgarrett.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/exclusive-ps3-slim-best-buy-ad-leaked/

It might be photoshopped, but that's a hell of a deal on some of those games, and reminds me of the rumor-then-true $10 Best Buy game deal from a few months ago.

The text seems to say full compatibility is back... I don't know how likely that is, so chalk this one up as "maybe."

Feel free to move this to the garbage if everybody comes to a consensus on it being fake.[/QUOTE]

Haven't you heard, I've already confirmed months ago: PS3Slim for $299.99 in September with KZ2/MGS4 bundle expanded to all existing systems to clear the shelves. I've now read it in numerous places on the Internet (where I wrote it), but now other people are picking it up so it must be true.

This ad looks fake though. Beyond the "Slim Is In" text being skewed at a weird angle and the flaky look of that border around the system, there's no way Sony is going to put the card readers back in. I'd also question the use of the wording "full backwards compatibility" in a mainstream flyer like Best Buy's. It'd almost definitely include "PS2" in there somewhere.

Expect the official word on Tuesday, though. My money is on first half of September, $299.99, with 80GB at that price (but packing KZ2/MGS4) and the 160GB Uncharted pack throwing in those games and coming down to $349.99 and maybe a second round beta code for Uncharted 2 through either a card tossed in when you buy it or some product registration mechanism.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Show me these FACTS you speak of.
[/QUOTE]

My friend is a buyer for a large retail chain he told me he placed orders for them already and they should be coming in beginning of September according to Sony.

Sony will probably announce it officially next week at GamesCon in Cologne

I am a believer that PS3 Slim is indeed real.

But for the last time people, this ad is FAKE.

That PS3 slim image is a fan-mockup created by user Cakefoo on NeoGAF. Koatku already fell for this picture.

2mr74o2.jpg

The thread on on GAF about this is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361611&page=72

[quote name='etcrane']Did anyone else notice this looks like it was taken from a computer screen? While yes ... it could be totally fake .. it also could mean it's a preliminary ad that's being worked on layout wise but isn't completely done, hence explaining some of the empty space and the fact that it's early to be seeing any sort of print version. And let's be real, if Sony is announcing this thing on the 18th for a early September release, someone at Best Buy already knows about it.[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting point in the sense that if it's an early mock-up, they might have used a fake image of the PS3 for lack of an actual image to put in yet.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Show me these FACTS you speak of.

and lulz at "the slim is in" thing adds credibility.

$299.98? What kind of console launches with a price that ends in .98? That's the big indicator for me that the ad isn't real. fucking 98 cents? Serious?[/QUOTE]

Facts and News Some by journalists some by me. hpv I have the info on these directly from sony and people think im bullshitting but whatver, there is no bundle drop though, other than the amazon bundle drop to 449.99
MCV NEWS:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35356/PS3-stock-dries-up-price-cut-due-September

JOYSTIQ:
http://www.joystiq.com/tag/ps3-slim

MY stuff:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=9981

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=10002

[quote name='Oswald9599']Facts and News Some by journalists some by me. hpv I have the info on these directly from sony and people think im bullshitting but whatver, there is no bundle drop though, other than the amazon bundle drop to 449.99
MCV NEWS:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35356/PS3-stock-dries-up-price-cut-due-September

JOYSTIQ:
http://www.joystiq.com/tag/ps3-slim

MY stuff:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=9981

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=10002[/QUOTE]

Sooo...where are the facts?

I'm not going to be surprised if the Slim PS3 gets dropped to $299.99, I'll actually be delighted since I'll buy it day one if that happens. But none of those links you provided say anywhere that the price will be IN FACT $299.99 anywhere, it's still all speculation.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Sooo...where are the facts?

I'm not going to be surprised if the Slim PS3 gets dropped to $299.99, I'll actually be delighted since I'll buy it day one if that happens. But none of those links you provided say anywhere that the price will be IN FACT $299.99 anywhere, it's still all speculation.[/QUOTE]

Speculation with tangible evidence though. You really need to stop being so negative for a Happy Panda. Also, if we had cold hard facts on the exact price, would we even be having this conversation? Go to your corner, punch the wall or strangle a puppy or whatever you do to calm down and wait for what will be the inevitable $100 drop. Fighting and arguing wont help. HYUGS!

All I know is that if Sony isn't dropping prices or putting out a Slim by the end of the year, all this hype for something that doesn't exist is going to really hurt their business, which makes me think the rumors (not necessarily this ad) have some truth to them, or else Sony might have made more of an effort by now to set things straight.

Of course, no one ever believes the canned corporate responses anyway, so maybe it wouldn't do any good if they did. I still say Sony is responsible for all the rumors, photo leaks, and shitty Youtube video that supposedly came from the Philippines.

bread's done
Back