PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Also Killzone liberation or Pursuit force for my 2nd free PSP game?[/QUOTE]

You can't go wrong with either. I really loved Pursuit Force. It's HARD AS HELL, though. Killzone: Liberation has a lot of content, but can be slightly repetitive.

[quote name='io']Well, Wipeout came with PS+, so that's a fail...

I guess I'll get Super StarDust for PS3 and ModNation Racers for PSP (if I can get it - not sure how you qualify for the PSP downloads - I think I've used my PSP once since they added downloadable titles for PSP).

Can't come up with a second choice for either since I either have or don't want the others. I guess I can get Infamous and LBP and just sell the discs for those (though I'd imagine they will get pretty worthless after this ;)).[/QUOTE]

Well...

Wipeout HD was given in the US and UK
Littlebigplanet was a promo for buying plus within the first month UK side? and the free game offered in JP on month 1.

so its a bit worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='admiralvic']Well...

Wipeout HD was given in the US and UK
Littlebigplanet was a promo for buying plus within the first month? and the free game offered in JP on month 1.

so its a bit worse.[/QUOTE]

LBP (PS3 and PSP) was not a part of any PS+ promo in the U.S. I've had it since day 1 and wouldn't have missed that ;).

I can't argue with that as a choice for a free game - it is an excellent game. Only problem is I've owned both versions for a long time...

Here's an interesting question (and sorry if it has been addressed - I am doing some heavy debugging on my PC and it is running dog slow right now so can't load a bunch of pages): what if you have 3 or 4 accounts on your PS3? Does that mean you can download 2 different games on each account, and have everyone use them all on the same system? I mean, I don't see why not - if anything, my kids accounts have been impacted more than mine (they play online more than I do). So it makes sense they would get freebies just like any other account. The only issue, I guess, is that they are linked to mine as sub-accounts I believe... Oh well, we'll find out I guess.

[quote name='io']LBP (PS3 and PSP) was not a part of any PS+ promo in the U.S. I've had it since day 1 and wouldn't have missed that ;).

I can't argue with that as a choice for a free game - it is an excellent game. Only problem is I've owned both versions for a long time...

Here's an interesting question (and sorry if it has been addressed - I am doing some heavy debugging on my PC and it is running dog slow right now so can't load a bunch of pages): what if you have 3 or 4 accounts on your PS3? Does that mean you can download 2 different games on each account, and have everyone use them all on the same system? I mean, I don't see why not - if anything, my kids accounts have been impacted more than mine (they play online more than I do). So it makes sense they would get freebies just like any other account. The only issue, I guess, is that they are linked to mine as sub-accounts I believe... Oh well, we'll find out I guess.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I meant UK. It was free for people who adopted early in the UK.

I agree, but having everything makes me sad.

I would assume they wont fight you on it. It would only cause more issues if they were rejecting people due to this.

LBP and InFamous for me, I just recently got my PS3 and haven't gotten those games yet. Thanks Sony, mostly because I was barely affected by the outage!

:lol:, I didn't even notice LBP was on both lists (I just thought it was PSP). I might get that for PS3 just to have the digital version. Though I have the GotY disc, so i dunno...

[quote name='io']LBP (PS3 and PSP) was not a part of any PS+ promo in the U.S. I've had it since day 1 and wouldn't have missed that ;).

Here's an interesting question (and sorry if it has been addressed - I am doing some heavy debugging on my PC and it is running dog slow right now so can't load a bunch of pages): what if you have 3 or 4 accounts on your PS3? Does that mean you can download 2 different games on each account, and have everyone use them all on the same system? I mean, I don't see why not - if anything, my kids accounts have been impacted more than mine (they play online more than I do). So it makes sense they would get freebies just like any other account. The only issue, I guess, is that they are linked to mine as sub-accounts I believe... Oh well, we'll find out I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well, I'm planning to get Ratchet & Clank + Wipeout or Dead Nation on my EU account and Wipeout or Dead Nation + Superstardust on my US account. Wondering if I'll be able to play all of those on 1 PS3 without having to switch accounts to play them.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It figures that I have every single one of those games for both systems. Dammit.[/QUOTE]
So do I. There has to be something that Sony can do to compensate people like us. Obviously we are some of their best customers.

Not sure what I'd pick. Probably infamous, but I really hated the demo. No interest at all in anything else offered either. LBP is def not my type of game, Dead Nation looks sucktastic, and zero interest in super stardust and wipout. Looks like I might pass on everything they offer.

PSP wise mine is custom firmwared, so no use for psp games either......

Too bad I still already have inFAMOUS and LBP...
No, wait, it's not too bad, I have them both on my shelf looking pretty as fuck!
icon_lol.gif

Still, I'd rather not have Wipeout HD or Stardust whatever...
If I want a racing game, I pull out my Ps2 and GT4.
If I want a top down shooter, I'll play Galaga.
What Sony SHOULD have done was let the players choose any 2 games on PSN that's under $20. Anyone else agree?

[quote name='praxus07']Not sure what I'd pick. Probably infamous, but I really hated the demo. No interest at all in anything else offered either. LBP is def not my type of game, Dead Nation looks sucktastic, and zero interest in super stardust and wipout. Looks like I might pass on everything they offer.

PSP wise mine is custom firmwared, so no use for psp games either......[/QUOTE]

Dead Nation is really good if you like the type of game. It is far from sucktastic.

I'm thinking LBP and Dead Nation. inFAMOUS didn't really do it for me, nor does Wipeout HD. I'll be honest, I was hoping for MAG but oh well.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks.

I can't believe people are complaining about this.

Sony : Gives games that are critically good
Gamers "WTF I already have these games! Go fuck yourself Sony!"

Sony(Hypothetically): Gives shitty games nobody wants
Gamers "WTF these are shitty games! Go fuck yourself Sony!"

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Cool, thanks.

I can't believe people are complaining about this.

Sony : Gives games that are critically good
Gamers "WTF I already have these games! Go fuck yourself Sony!"

Sony(Hypothetically): Gives shitty games nobody wants
Gamers "WTF these are shitty games! Go fuck yourself Sony!"[/QUOTE]

I know right? No matter what people will complain. Sony went above my expectations. I was totally expecting only 1 or 2 games to be decent, and for the rest to be shitty.. but all of them seem to be at least decent (2-3 from each platform list are actually pretty damn good).

Oh and I already have Infamous and LittleBigPlanet, but I'm very satisfied that I'm getting other games from that list for free.

Honestly, I really would have just been happier to be able to get the DLC for Fallout NV for free instead of what they are actually offering.

[quote name='Oaxan']Too bad I still already have inFAMOUS and LBP...
No, wait, it's not too bad, I have them both on my shelf looking pretty as fuck!
icon_lol.gif

Still, I'd rather not have Wipeout HD or Stardust whatever...
If I want a racing game, I pull out my Ps2 and GT4.
If I want a top down shooter, I'll play Galaga.
What Sony SHOULD have done was let the players choose any 2 games on PSN that's under $20. Anyone else agree?[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. That or how about they give you the option of two of those games or some sort of credit. Even if it was like $10 which is way less than the value of the two games because then you could at least get something else. That game selection is very Meh.

I can't complain too much because they didn't have to do anything but still, meh..

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So do I. There has to be something that Sony can do to compensate people like us. Obviously we are some of their best customers.[/QUOTE]

i keep seeing more and more people saying this...there must be quite a few of us. my guess is that they won't do anything. they will probably figure that we are the most loyal customers, and therefore, we won't be going anywhere.

for anyone who has none of these, i'd recommend wipeout and infamous.

[quote name='sunghost']I know right? No matter what people will complain. Sony went above my expectations. I was totally expecting only 1 or 2 games to be decent, and for the rest to be shitty.. but all of them seem to be at least decent (2-3 from each platform list are actually pretty damn good).

Oh and I already have Infamous and LittleBigPlanet, but I'm very satisfied that I'm getting other games from that list for free.[/QUOTE]

People on the internet don't get that Sony has to make concessions. There are 77 million people they are giving this to. OBVIOUSLY it won't please everyone. The general community won't have all of these games. If you do, sorry.

I'm getting wipeout HD and SSDHD for PS3; LBP and Modnation for PSP.

Infamous, Dead Nation, Killzone Liberation, and ModNation Racers here I come. Pretty happy about the choices. Especially on the PSP front, I don't have any of those yet.

ok im gonna need to get a new internal hd before this stuff goes live so can someone tell me the biggest size you can use and the best one to buy for a ps3 slim? and yes i already posted in the hardware section but that thing seems dead and i want to pick one up within this week.

[quote name='lokizz']ok im gonna need to get a new internal hd before this stuff goes live so can someone tell me the biggest size you can use and the best one to buy for a ps3 slim? and yes i already posted in the hardware section but that thing seems dead and i want to pick one up within this week.[/QUOTE]

Make sure it is a laptop hdd. The 1 TB is too big for the PS3, anything below a 750 gig is good.

/edit: DF3: Wipeout is not an easy racing game. There is a demo, so once the store comes back. Try it out first (if everything comes back the way it was).

[quote name='j-cart']Make sure it is a laptop hdd. The 1 TB is too big for the PS3, anything below a 750 gig is good.[/QUOTE]

ok good to know im checking out amazon now.

Well, it has been over 36 hours and no email after trying to reset my password on PSN. I try to call support and after many menu options, I get a recording that they cannot take my call at this time. Nice......

I feel left out :(... I don't spend every penny I make on gaming, so my 80GB PS3 still has alot of space left and I don't get to partake in conversations about needing 1000 gigabytes for my Playstation :(

I'm planning on getting Dead Nation and inFAMOUS... again xD.

But I do have a question. Is there a way for me to download 2 psp games even though I don't have one yet? I plan on getting one soon and if I could do that, that would be sweet as hell.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I feel left out :(... I don't spend every penny I make on gaming, so my 80GB PS3 still has alot of space left and I don't get to partake in conversations about needing 1000 gigabytes for my Playstation :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='defmonkey05']I'm planning on getting Dead Nation and inFAMOUS... again xD.

But I do have a question. Is there a way for me to download 2 psp games even though I don't have one yet? I plan on getting one soon and if I could do that, that would be sweet as hell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just download the PSP game to your PS3 and you should be fine. You don't need a PSP to redeem PSP games from the store AFAIK.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I don't get to partake in conversations about needing 1000 gigabytes for my Playstation :([/QUOTE]

1,000 GB = 1 TB
lrn2dataspace

I have a mere 80GB in my PS3, that is down to 10GB after deleting stuff. I basically have to delete something if I'm not gonna play it for awhile and go through the long process of redownloading it when I want to.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I feel left out :(... I don't spend every penny I make on gaming, so my 80GB PS3 still has alot of space left and I don't get to partake in conversations about needing 1000 gigabytes for my Playstation :([/QUOTE]

im a plus member so with all the free stuff they "give" you and this new free stuff were getting i need the room. that and all those betas take up space its a good investment and that way i dont have to keep dealing with figuring out what to keep and what to get rid of. 160 gb of space doesnt last long.

So is this 4 games per console, or account? I have my account on my nephews PS3 since i sold mine, but would him and i both be able to get 4 free games each? So if i buy a ps3 soon i can redownload them from my history?

Most likely per-account due to the stipulation that the account had to exist on or before April 20th to get the free games.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So is this 4 games per console, or account? I have my account on my nephews PS3 since i sold mine, but would him and i both be able to get 4 free games each? So if i buy a ps3 soon i can redownload them from my history?[/QUOTE]

2 PS3 games, 2 PSP games per account.
So you could download 2 PS3 games, and he could download 2 of the remaining 3. PSP is trickier, since you cannot have two PSN accounts on one PSP.
Yes, if you got a PS3, you would be able to access your account and your Nephew's account and play all 4 of the free games you chose.

[quote name='Oaxan']2 PS3 games, 2 PSP games per account.
So you could download 2 PS3 games, and he could download 2 of the remaining 3. PSP is trickier, since you cannot have two PSN accounts on one PSP.
Yes, if you got a PS3, you would be able to access your account and your Nephew's account and play all 4 of the free games you chose.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool, yeah i know it doesnt work if the PSP account names dont match. I have my own PSP, so if i download the PSP titles using my account i should be able to download them to my psp. Thats cool. Thanks for the quick reply.

Lol sweet. Me and 2 of my friends all owned the PS3 I have now at one time or another. One friend bought it, sold it to my other friend, I had an old 40GB and when the second friend decided to sell their PS3 I bought it off him since it was BC. They have their accounts still stored. Looks like I'll get 6 games...I'll ask them which 2 they want each :lol:

[quote name='david12795']how big are the games?[/QUOTE]
PSP:
Pursuit Force - $22.99 - 668 MB
LittleBigPlanet - $19.99 - 1.30 GB
ModNation Racers - $19.99 - 1.06 GB
Killzone Liberation - $15.99 - 510 MB

PS3:
Dead Nation - $14.99 - 1.4 GB
Infamous - $29.99 -6.88 GB
Super Stardust HD - $9.99 - 277 MB
Wipeout HD & Fury Bundle - 1.7 GB
LittleBigPlanet - N/A

We haven't seen LBP on PSN nor a bundle of Wipeout HD & Fury yet, so the latter is an estimation based on the size of the game and add-on and the former is unknown for now.

I'll try to get all of them, but if not, I'll get Dead Nation, Infamous, Nodnation PSP and maybe LBP PSP.
I'm actually glad they're not offering R&C for the North American store, since I just recently bought it (and haven't even played it yet.)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']PSP:
LittleBigPlanet - $19.99 - 1.30 GB
Killzone Liberation - $15.99 - 510 MB

PS3:
Dead Nation - $14.99 - 1.4 GB
Infamous - $29.99 -6.88 GB
Super Stardust HD - $9.99 - 277 MB
LittleBigPlanet - N/A

We haven't seen LBP on PSN nor a bundle of Wipeout HD & Fury yet, so the latter is an estimation based on the size of the game and add-on and the former is unknown for now.[/QUOTE]

not too bad. i thought it was like 50 GB for infamous. lol.

I'm kind of like "lolwat" because I know most PS2 games are about 7 gigs.
So why are PS3 games (InFamous, in this case) only 7gb?
EXPLAIN TO THE DUMB ASS GAMER (me, lol)

[quote name='Oaxan']I'm kind of like "lolwat" because I know most PS2 games are about 7 gigs.
So why are PS3 games (InFamous, in this case) only 7gb?
EXPLAIN TO THE DUMB ASS GAMER (me, lol)[/QUOTE]

Those ps2 game are 7gigs because they are not compressed because there is no need to since it fits on the disc or not compressed beyond what is needed to fit on a dual layer dvd.
Now the ps3 games are compressed professionally by Game Companies themselves which result in very small sizes, way way better than the average person can compress a game iso.

[quote name='vic_x51']Those ps2 game are 7gigs because they are not compressed because there is no need to since it fits on the disc or not compressed beyond what is needed to fit on a dual layer dvd.
Now the ps3 games are compressed professionally by Game Companies themselves which result in very small sizes, way way better than the average person can compress a game iso.[/QUOTE]
Then what's the point of a Blu-ray?
50gb space for a 7gb game?
And don't tell me it's for quality.

Will get the following. I have everything else :( I was hoping they would give us Stacking for free xD

Now I regret buying Stardust HD last month, and Dead Nation day 1 efff you sony!!

inFamous and Stardust HD will be the only ones I'm getting. I have everything else and I could really care less about LBP.

Im late to the conversation. As I have a UK account on my NA PS3, does it look like Ill be able to get eight (4 PS3 and 4 PSP) games out of this?

Any news on the other regions? I also have HK and JPN accounts.

bread's done
Back