PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

Seems that the PS+ 60 day extension has already gone into effect, as I noticed that under services that my PS+ sub has changed from ending in June to ending in August. Under my purchase history, it shows that this was added on 5/20. You can check for your PS+ extension on your PS3 (PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Transaction History or Services List) or on the website (https://store.playstation.com/accounts/manage/cam_index.vm).

[quote name='lokizz']lbp would have been a better game if not for the wonky jumping mechanic. i like the game dont get me wrong but its frustrating to die due to the delay and floaty nature of how you jump. i wouldnt be surprised if a number of people didnt get into it for that reason.[/QUOTE]

I was fine with the jumping but I didn't like the foreground/background movement. I always jumped to the wrong layer way too much. I think it would had been better off with a single play layer and use the other layers just for visual effects or objects that you just couldn't jump on but still interact with.

I can't get my games, if I can't get into the store -_-
And I agree with prax, how do I know about my PS+ info, if I never had it??

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Seems that the PS+ 60 day extension has already gone into effect, as I noticed that under services that my PS+ sub has changed from ending in June to ending in August. Under my purchase history, it shows that this was added on 5/20. You can check for your PS+ extension on your PS3 (PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Transaction History or Services List) or on the website (https://store.playstation.com/accounts/manage/cam_index.vm).[/QUOTE]

That's not right. They should start it from when the store goes back up; we're not getting all the features of PS+ right now.

[quote name='madbst']That's not right. They should start it from when the store goes back up; we're not getting all the features of PS+ right now.[/QUOTE]
Unless your sub ended/ends during the store's downtime, it doesn't matter when they add it since it's tacked on at the end.

Edit: And I just checked an alt account and I don't see any PS+ addition, so this is just for current subscribers.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Seems that the PS+ 60 day extension has already gone into effect, as I noticed that under services that my PS+ sub has changed from ending in June to ending in August. Under my purchase history, it shows that this was added on 5/20. You can check for your PS+ extension on your PS3 (PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Transaction History or Services List) or on the website (https://store.playstation.com/accounts/manage/cam_index.vm).[/QUOTE]
Well that's bullshit. Hopefully they'll have the store back up before this month is up, or I'll be writing a complaint email (they've already added 2 months to mine as well.)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The store's supposed to be up Tuesday, right? So it's not a loss at all that they added the PSN+ now.[/QUOTE]

its kinda dick on their part to do it before the store is up they should have done it the day of or the day after. btw when your plus sub is almost up or up do they alert you before it lapses?

[quote name='lokizz']lbp would have been a better game if not for the wonky jumping mechanic. i like the game dont get me wrong but its frustrating to die due to the delay and floaty nature of how you jump. i wouldnt be surprised if a number of people didnt get into it for that reason.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I hated LBP and returned it shortly after buying. I could not get used to the jumping and kept dying on the same level over and over again. Frustrated I said screw it and returned it.

[quote name='wrencrest']This is exactly why I hated LBP and returned it shortly after buying. I could not get used to the jumping and kept dying on the same level over and over again. Frustrated I said screw it and returned it.[/QUOTE]

I'm going through that with it now, to the point where I put it down for a few months, come back to it, play the same level I'm stuck on (fuck YOU Jet pack!) and put it right back down again.

There's one specific part where you're carrying these bombs through a cave. Due to the floaty-ness of the jet pack, you will either drop the bomb and kill yourself, or hit a wall and kill yourself. It's mind numbingly frustrating.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm going through that with it now, to the point where I put it down for a few months, come back to it, play the same level I'm stuck on (fuck YOU Jet pack!) and put it right back down again.

There's one specific part where you're carrying these bombs through a cave. Due to the floaty-ness of the jet pack, you will either drop the bomb and kill yourself, or hit a wall and kill yourself. It's mind numbingly frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I never had a problem with LBP. It did take me a little bit to get used to the jumping delay, but it really want that bad. I mean, it's not designed to be super hard, so a lot of you platforming experts probably had a hard time adjusting.

I'm in for Dead Nation and inFAMOUS (although I have no interest in the latter) for my PS3, and LBP and pursuit force for my PSP (although I have no interest in the former).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Edit: And I just checked an alt account and I don't see any PS+ addition, so this is just for current subscribers.[/QUOTE]Good to know. Though I could totally see Sony doing something like starting the clocks early.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']I'm in for Dead Nation and inFAMOUS (although I have no interest in the latter) for my PS3, and LBP and pursuit force for my PSP (although I have no interest in the former).[/QUOTE]
Unless you own everything else I would skip inFAMOUS if you have no interest in it... The gameplay nor story will carry you through it. Its pretty avg in every way in my opinion.

Oh, you can add me to the list of PS3 is far slower in downloading/patching than my 360 or PC... Way slower but I cannot complain too much. My times are way better than what most of you suffer from.

Is there/was there (prior to the downtime) any multiplayer community still going for Dead Nation? Trying to decide between the free game offerings. The only one on the list I own is Wipeout.

Pretty much everything will get revived when they get released for free. Especially LBP.

Personally im getting LBP (So i can FINALLY Ace all the levels), and Wipeout. If you can use more than one account, ill get Dead Nation and Ratchet. (No need for Infamous, since i already have it in a shared account)

[quote name='lilboo']I can't get my games, if I can't get into the store -_-
And I agree with prax, how do I know about my PS+ info, if I never had it??[/QUOTE]
If you have an account to the PSN Store it will just apply automatically. It's just like buying anything off the store, it will just be noted in your account. I don't have a CC registered with the PSN, I just use PSN cards and when I bought PSN it just knew that I was PS+ and automatically added it to my account.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Pretty much everything will get revived when they get released for free. Especially LBP.

Personally im getting LBP (So i can FINALLY Ace all the levels), and Wipeout. If you can use more than one account, ill get Dead Nation and Ratchet. (No need for Infamous, since i already have it in a shared account)[/QUOTE]

I wonder...

I have the GOTY edition of LBP and loaded everything on my PS3. You think the Download version would still 'keep' the DLC so i could trade-in my GOTY edition? I also have Infamous too (I bought 6 PS3 games and 2 of them are being offered free now...sigh).

Not seeing it on mine. Current expiration is end of 2012 which was accurate since I added another 15 month subscription before they got rid of the 3 bonus months.

[quote name='mitch079']Not seeing it on mine. Current expiration is end of 2012 which was accurate since I added another 15 month subscription before they got rid of the 3 bonus months.[/QUOTE]

They got rid of the 3 months free when u buy 12 months

[quote name='GizmoGC']I wonder...

I have the GOTY edition of LBP and loaded everything on my PS3. You think the Download version would still 'keep' the DLC so i could trade-in my GOTY edition? I also have Infamous too (I bought 6 PS3 games and 2 of them are being offered free now...sigh).[/QUOTE]

It might? I'd have no idea.

I brought the GOTY disc used a few nights before LBP2 came out, and ALL of the stuff carried over. So i think it does save the stuff to your system or something

[quote name='starmask2k3']They got rid of the 3 months free when u buy 12 months[/QUOTE]

I bought the second subscription right before they got rid of the bonus 3. So it extended another 15 months to the end of December 2012. June 29, 2010 - September 29, 2011 (original 15) - December 29, 2012 (second 15). Hence, they haven't added any additional month(s) to my account yet.

[quote name='dgwillia006']It might? I'd have no idea.

I brought the GOTY disc used a few nights before LBP2 came out, and ALL of the stuff carried over. So i think it does save the stuff to your system or something[/QUOTE]

From what I heard, all of LBP1's DLC is included on-disc with LBP2.

If the dlc doesn't carry over from where I played GOTY before then I'd need to buy the disc and do some sort of backup I'm hearing about. If I bought a disc used from Gamestop and returned it within 7-days they refund your money, right?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrev...counts-in-japan/24942?tag=mantle_skin;content

Sony just can’t seem to catch any breaks online. Just when it seems the PlayStation Network is finally back online with the PlayStation Store to follow on May 24, various sources are reporting two new cyber attacks on Sony websites today.

F-Secure Security Lab first discovered that a phishing site was hiding on the Sony Thailand homepage and stored on a Sony server this moring. It seems the malicious site was posing as an Italian credit card company CartaSi to try to collect personal data from unsuspecting users. (For more on phishing, check out the Wikipedia entry.) According to the F-Secure blog, “Basically this means that Sony has been hacked, again. Although in this case the server is probably not very important.”

The second attack unfortunately caused more damage. According to Reuters, So-Net, the Internet provider of Sony Japan, “alerted customers that an intruder broke into its system and stole virtual points from account holders worth $1,225.”

So how should Sony Japan and So-Net customers protect themselves from becoming the next victim?

“What we’ve done is stopped the So-Net points exchanges and told customers to change their passwords,” So-Net said in a statement to customers on its website in Japanese.

Without a doubt, Sony needs to better secure all its online properties (not just the PlayStation Network) quickly because the hackers are making a mockery of its seemingly wafer-thin defense system. This fiasco is quickly spiraling out of control.

My name on psn is Gargux if anyone wants to add me when psn store comes back and you want to play dead nation or wipeout, those are the 2 ps3 games Im picking as my free ones. Would be fun to play with some other cags.

Urgh. PSN's been back a week now and it's still completely borked for me. 95% of my login attempts result in an error code (usually 80710D23, which is a pretty generic code if google is to be believed), and the few successful login attempts I've had in the past week still malfunction in some way or another. Most of the time my friends list won't load and any attempt to sync trophies hangs indefinitely. I usually get booted after a few minutes, with the exception of a single PSN session that survived for a little over an hour a couple of days ago.

Everything worked fine before the outage, none of my PS3 or router settings are different than they used to be, and I even took extra advice that I found on the internet such as assigning my PS3 a static internal IP and putting it in a DMZ. At this rate I won't even be able to download the free games when the Playstation Store is back up :cold: I don't know if it's still like this for a lot of people, but I thought I'd just go ahead and vent in case someone else in here had a similar problem and managed to fix it :p

[quote name='200STM']Do you guys think the store will be on tomorrow? I am hoping so, I want to get some Rock Band 3 songs[/QUOTE]

Well, Sony has yet to make a date on time... but they also have never given a hard date (like they did this time) during this debacle so I actually think they will make it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm going through that with it now, to the point where I put it down for a few months, come back to it, play the same level I'm stuck on (fuck YOU Jet pack!) and put it right back down again.

There's one specific part where you're carrying these bombs through a cave. Due to the floaty-ness of the jet pack, you will either drop the bomb and kill yourself, or hit a wall and kill yourself. It's mind numbingly frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I'll take the floaty jump in LBP over the jumping in Prinny: Can I be the Hero. THAT game is "mind numbingly frustrating". I don't remember a single part in LBP that approaches the difficulty of the Prinny series.

[quote name='trogoldito']I'll take the floaty jump in LBP over the jumping in Prinny: Can I be the Hero. THAT game is "mind numbingly frustrating". I don't remember a single part in LBP that approaches the difficulty of the Prinny series.[/QUOTE]

I dislocated my thumb right when I beat Sir Sweet in Prinny:CIRBTH.
I have NEVER in the history of EVER cried because of a game before that demonic piece of art.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I wonder...

I have the GOTY edition of LBP and loaded everything on my PS3. You think the Download version would still 'keep' the DLC so i could trade-in my GOTY edition? I also have Infamous too (I bought 6 PS3 games and 2 of them are being offered free now...sigh).[/QUOTE]
Don't know if it's the same, but I tried this with Dragon Age: UE and DA:eek: (original release). The UE DLC was also on the disc. I tried to switch discs so that I use the DLC on the original release and trade in the newer one and it didn't work.

[quote name='200STM']Do you guys think the store will be on tomorrow? I am hoping so, I want to get some Rock Band 3 songs[/QUOTE]
No. I have no hope :lol:. I would love to see the store back up, but it probably isn't happening.

PlayStation Network will undergo routine maintenance today, between 16:00 BST and 00:00 BST. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:00.

The latest information I have on PlayStation Store is that we are aiming to have it live by the end of May. Contrary to popular rumours, it will not be reopening tomorrow but we will let you know here as soon as the date is confirmed.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-maintenance-later-today/

Wtf is routine maintenance for something that has barely been up for a week?

As for the store, I'll get my freebies whenever it's back, and spend the rest of my PSN money. After that, I'm done with Sony's digital only offerings.

PlayStation Network is scheduled to undergo maintenance today, from about 8am until approximately 5pm Pacific time. During this time, registration and Account Management will be inaccessible, including the password reset process. While some users may experience difficulty signing in to PSN, the majority of consumers will be able to play online as well as sign in to external sites that require PSN authentication (like this one).

For those asking about the PlayStation Store, we’re still targeting restoration of all services by the end of this month. Contrary to reports, the Store will not be publishing today.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when maintenance has concluded.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-scheduled-maintenance-today/

gotta love the whole contrary to popular rumors line how the fuck is it a rumor when theyre the ones who said itd be up today?really classy sony if you couldnt deliver on todays date you should have said so as soon as you knew and not let people get their hopes up again.

im guessing they want to get japan back up and running before the stores is back up since last i saw their psn was srtill under maintenence.

Well, to be fair the only date they set was May 31st to have everything back online. The only reason people assumed today was the day is because they sent a memo to PSN developers to be ready by today or something like that.

[quote name='lokizz']gotta love the whole contrary to popular rumors line how the fuck is it a rumor when theyre the ones who said itd be up today?really classy sony if you couldnt deliver on todays date you should have said so as soon as you knew and not let people get their hopes up again.

im guessing they want to get japan back up and running before the stores is back up since last i saw their psn was srtill under maintenence.[/QUOTE]

Can you quote a source? I don't recall Sony ever publicly stating that the PS store would be up by the 24th...

[quote name='SynGamer']Can you quote a source? I don't recall Sony ever publicly stating that the PS store would be up by the 24th...[/QUOTE]

Don't have the link but I believe it was Gamesutra that got a "leaked" memo from Sony to developers that said the store would be back on May 24th along with accelerated (two times a week) updates to catch up on games that came out during the outage. The story spread to many other sites including IGN and Gamespot. So, if the memo was genuine, then Sony's gonna get more griping from developers anxious to start / re-start selling their games on PSN.

I'm just waiting for the Welcome Back program, of course! :)

[quote name='Jodou']Well, to be fair the only date they set was May 31st to have everything back online. The only reason people assumed today was the day is because they sent a memo to PSN developers to be ready by today or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, best news I've heard all day!

Sorry for all of you waiting to get into the store... but I'm hoping for my PS+ to be active when that Uncharted 3 beta goes live so I need a delay of a few more days. :D

that SUCKS why did sony add the PS+ if the store will be up after the 31st

MY Sony Fan Boy in me is Crying out loud :cry: and MY XBOX Fan Boy in me is LOL!:lol:

[quote name='awp']Don't have the link but I believe it was Gamesutra that got a "leaked" memo from Sony to developers that said the store would be back on May 24th along with accelerated (two times a week) updates to catch up on games that came out during the outage. The story spread to many other sites including IGN and Gamespot. So, if the memo was genuine, then Sony's gonna get more griping from developers anxious to start / re-start selling their games on PSN.

I'm just waiting for the Welcome Back program, of course! :)[/QUOTE]

That was the date for the developers to have items ready for the new firmware 3.68 or 9 that is due to come up. That is what happens when these blog sites get a memo and run with it, like the media doesn't do that all the time:roll:

bread's done
Back