PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is short but Tearaway is great if you like platformers.
Freedom wars
Destiny of spirits
Tearaway is going to be my list! Other two looks different. Might have to look up more videos of them.

If you have any interest in visual novels or Phoenix Wright type games, you should try Danganronpa 1 & 2. And if you haven't played it on another platform, I think the Vita version of Plants vs Zombies controls perhaps even better than the PC version (blasphemy I know).
Always wanted to try phoenix wright type games..Dont have 3ds, and this will be something id definitely will add to my list. Thanks for the suggestion!!

You like JRPG's, look through the PSOne catalog.
Of course I like JRPG, and I like just about everything. I plan to look through the PSOne catalog, and I know I already got Front Mission 3 when I got it for PS3. I'll get it over on to Vita.

So, does new Sega downsizing news change any of your minds into surely buying it day one?(support the company).
Was it the developer of 5 that got downsized? If not then day one sales are still (rather stupidly) one of the most important things to keeping that developer going.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/612975670/flying-hamster-ii/posts/1121051?ref=backer_project_update

Flying Hamster II has been turned into a straight up Monster World clone called Monster Boy and the Wizard of Booze, as they are working with the original creator of Monster World to make this game. Michiru Yamane is still on board as composer, who did the soundtracks for various Castlevania games and other Konami games.

9b9bf0a8662d3ea65718f2ea0893ee00_large.png

Hello Vita Nuts!!

I just recently got a Vita, and I can't wait to use it! Here are the list of games I plan to get in the near future.

Now I'm asking..is there any hidden gems I should try or add to my list of vita? Much appericated!!
Demon Gaze, Earth Defense Force, Atelier games, Disgaea 4, and Dragon's Crown if you didn't get it with PS+.

Does Doom BFG have all the content from Doom Classic Complete? Description says it includes Doom I-II but makes no mention of the extra episodes or Final Doom.

So, does new Sega downsizing news change any of your minds into surely buying it day one?(support the company).
I tend to get into trouble when I see businesses as charity and try to support them in hopes of getting better games. If they release games I want at a price I'm comfortable paying then I'll buy them. But I'm not buying games I'm not interested in just to support a company that makes bad decisions in hopes that they will eventually make good ones. Heck for Sega I bought their big games on iOS (Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, After Burner Climax) in hopes it would lead to more and better games but there really hasn't been anything worth my time or money in a long time now. Supporting SEGA doesn't tend to work out very well.

Yakuza 5 though is something special. It's like supporting my favorite series ever, Shenmue. I actually want the Yakuza series... so that I'll buy as long as they don't gouge us on price or something. If it's $30 it's a day 1 purchase. If it's $60 for digital... eh... I probably won't jump on it right away.

Hello Vita Nuts!!

I just recently got a Vita, and I can't wait to use it! Here are the list of games I plan to get in the near future.

Final Fantasy X-X2 Remaster

Injustice Ultimate Edition

Persona 4 Golden

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Soul Sacrifice

Tales of Hearts R

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Now I'm asking..is there any hidden gems I should try or add to my list of vita? Much appericated!!
A couple notes -- I enjoyed the demo for Ragnorok Odyssey alright, but the general consensus is that it's not the best hunter game on Vita.

To that end, you should consider Soul Sacrfice Delta (note: get the Delta version), Freedom Wars, or Toukiden instead. I think Toukiden is getting an Ace/delta version soon, can't remember.

ToHr isn't too well loved.

If you can handle a couple screens of fanservice and like DRPGs, get Demon Gaze.

There are tons upon tons of great vita games. So many. Even more if you consider PS1/PSP games. Killzone Mercenaries is an easy suggestion, but there's just so many good games. Super Stardust Delta, TxD, Hotline Miama, Binding of Isaac and Velocity are some great 'action' games on psn off the top of my head.

Hello Vita Nuts!!

Persona 4 Golden
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Soul Sacrifice
Tales of Hearts R

Not sure if this list is an example of your taste in games or not (JRPGs, ARPGs, 3rd Person Shooters, and Fighters), but these are some lesser known gems:

Dragon Fantasy Book I/II - Love letters to classic JRPGs on NES and SNES that is a solid game in its own right.
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - A solid Diablo clone.
Frobisher Says - A free WarioWare clone that incorporates the Vita's various features by the Hohokum team.
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery - Solid adventure game with Professor Layton-style puzzles.
Kung Fu Rabbit - Solid platformer that is cheap.
Lumines Electronic Symphony - Fantastic new Lumines.
Men's Room Mayhem - Solid Flight Control-style mobile game about directing men through the bathroom.
Michael Jackson The Experience - Elite Beat Agents-style rhythm game featuring a number of MJ's best music, though it doesn't have a lot of songs in the lineup.
SunFlowers - Solid puzzle game
Treasures of Montezuma Blitz/Arena - F2P puzzle games that are solid.

And be sure to grab any Cross Buy stuff you're entitled to from PS3/PS4/PS+.

Hello Vita Nuts!!

Persona 4 Golden
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Soul Sacrifice
Tales of Hearts R

No love for Gravity Rush? Velocity 1&2 was also good.

I just picked up FO:NV in the Gamestop sale. Are any of the dlc or packs worth grabbing?
If you like the main game you may just want to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition which gives you all 4 DLCs. They're all really good and worth playing solely because they tie in really well with the main story.

So after a long debate and many strange looks from people around me, I decided to buy Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd. My question: Vita or PS3 better? 

So after a long debate and many strange looks from people around me, I decided to buy Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd. My question: Vita or PS3 better?
I've never played the game and know almost nothing about it (it's a rhythm game, right?) but feel very confident the answer is 'Vita'.

Definitely Vita, if only for the fact that you're guaranteed you won't have any issues with the timing on your TV that way. A little bit of input lag on a TV can make it almost unplayable.

I've been playing Citizen of Earth which I bought last week on sale.  It's extremely Earthbound-like to the point that they even stole the way the message boxes look.  I had fun with it for a couple of hours.  Now I'm about 6 hours in and it's become an extremely boring slog.  There are a shitload of enemies - wayyyy too many fights and way too many characters.  I'm 99% sure that I'll quit the game, delete it from my PS4, and never play it again.  The game is boring and not fun.  I felt myself falling asleep playing it and that's not hyperbole.  I can't do this for 40 hours.  They should have made this a 8-10 hour long game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/612975670/flying-hamster-ii/posts/1121051?ref=backer_project_update

Flying Hamster II has been turned into a straight up Monster World clone called Monster Boy and the Wizard of Booze, as they are working with the original creator of Monster World to make this game. Michiru Yamane is still on board as composer, who did the soundtracks for various Castlevania games and other Konami games.

9b9bf0a8662d3ea65718f2ea0893ee00_large.png
This is the Flying Hamster mobile shmup dev? Looks pretty promising but agree with an earlier poster who wondered how the hell Flying Hamster 2 could have possibly resembled this.

If you like the main game you may just want to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition which gives you all 4 DLCs. They're all really good and worth playing solely because they tie in really well with the main story.

^What he said. You can grab the Ultimate Edition for about $20 new, I think.

(or about $5 on Steam during sales)
Cool, thanks for the recommendations. I guess I'll skip the sale then.

Well... crap. Like a lot of you i bought Transistor about a month or so back when it was on sale. Thats alright though i guess. I dont mind supporting the dev a bit, and now i have a permanant copy. I was actually wondering 2 things to those that play it:
1) do you need to play Bastion first? I've been holding off on playing Transistor because i havent played Bastion yet. Though i do own it. I dont think the stories are related right? Even if not, i was thinking i should play their older game first
2) did you guys play it in real time or SRPG style? I kinda want to go SRPG, but it seems like real time would be easier

Also: Rogue legacy. Is that cross buy? Will we have a ps3 or ps4 version when we get the vita version for free? Been waiting to play this game, i hear its great.
You don't need to play Bastion first. The only thing people got out of playing it first is that they understood the developer's approach to mechanics and art style so they knew what to expect from the start.

You cannot play it like an action game for a while, as you won't have the right functions unlocked to make that a feasible thing. It's not exactly like an either/or thing, as you'll do best utilizing the pause to set up your attacks/moves without the chaos of battle affecting your decision making.

Rogue Legacy is Cross Buy.

I've been playing Citizen of Earth which I bought last week on sale. It's extremely Earthbound-like to the point that they even stole the way the message boxes look. I had fun with it for a couple of hours. Now I'm about 6 hours in and it's become an extremely boring slog. There are a shitload of enemies - wayyyy too many fights and way too many characters. I'm 99% sure that I'll quit the game, delete it from my PS4, and never play it again. The game is boring and not fun. I felt myself falling asleep playing it and that's not hyperbole. I can't do this for 40 hours. They should have made this a 8-10 hour long game.
You don't need to fight every enemy that is around, as you'll level up quickly enough by just working your way through the "dungeon" areas only fighting the enemies you can't avoid. It's nowhere close to 40 hours long unless you want to do everything and then just spend more time in it for the hell of it.

Why's MGS Legacy so expensive? Grr...maybe I'll buy used and get MGS1 on PSN separately. But even the used prices aren't very good. Or just get HD collection and buy 1 and 4 separately. Actually that sounds like a good idea. Any reason to not buy them separately if it's cheaper?

ugh why is Dragon Age Inquisition $36 on xbox one digital but MSRP on PSN :(  I just traded in my physical copy, like the game but got too much other backlog right now and I don't see an open window until summer time.  For < $40 i'd buy it digitally, but I'd prefer playing on PS4 to xbox one.

Why's MGS Legacy so expensive? Grr...maybe I'll buy used and get MGS1 on PSN separately. But even the used prices aren't very good. Or just get HD collection and buy 1 and 4 separately. Actually that sounds like a good idea. Any reason to not buy them separately if it's cheaper?
Nope, not if you don't care about getting the booklet/packaging from Legacy. It also comes with a digital graphic novel or something like that but I didn't even look at it.

Nope, not if you don't care about getting the booklet/packaging from Legacy. It also comes with a digital graphic novel or something like that but I didn't even look at it.
Soma's right, especially if your new to the series, it's best to get them for cheap. A lot of gamers accustomed to modern shooters have trouble with the controls so it's something to consider. The HD collection has been in some past sales digitally so if your not in a hurry to play them right away you could always wait for a sale.

Soma's right, especially if your new to the series, it's best to get them for cheap. A lot of gamers accustomed to modern shooters have trouble with the controls so it's something to consider. The HD collection has been in some past sales digitally so if your not in a hurry to play them right away you could always wait for a sale.
I see. I think it went on clearance last year at toysrus. Should've picked it up then. Guess I'll just keep my eyes peeled.

HD collection is $15 used at BB, slightly cheaper if you have GCU.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-pre-owned-playstation-3/4101032.p?id=1218456026057&amp;skuId=4101032

Just bought NCAA Football last week. I've had horrible timing for this and the 2K sale they just had...
To be fair you couldn't have known they would have NCAA Football 14 on sale soon after you bought it. I sure was surprised to see it, especially for that price.

Edit: I bought Crysis 3 and that's all for me from this sale.

WELL worth $15 IMO. true there aren't any gameplay sliders but it plays a good game of basketball and looks great. The ESPN integration is also nice.
Played the demo &amp; was OKC &amp; there was no Kevin Durant.

Please tell me the retail has him. Also the gameplay is really not that good thinking of passing on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back