PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the street fighter 5 2016 season pass is up now.  $30 for 6 characters, a theme and a couple psn avatars.  the 6 characters are all earnable in-game, but the amount of grindy grindy required to unlock them in-game is obviously still unknown.

edit - sf5 hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you see something on engadget?

Hard as fuck to navigate and find shit on that horrible layout.
It was in 3 different spots on the first half of the page. Left side, right side and down below it. I agree. I don't need to see 3 links to the same article.

You're well-rested now.
isn't buying a psnow subscription something that a sleep deprived person would do though?

my tv can apparently do psnow natively. when I'm in my basement (where we hang out at night now) I'm 4 feet from my router so my vita might actually work. it works really well on my ps4. and I could actually get rid of one of my ps3s and feel ok with it.

I think I need some fresh air.

isn't buying a psnow subscription something that a sleep deprived person would do though?

my tv can apparently do psnow natively. when I'm in my basement (where we hang out at night now) I'm 4 feet from my router so my vita might actually work. it works really well on my ps4. and I could actually get rid of one of my ps3s and feel ok with it.

I think I need some fresh air.
Exactly. You should probably stop sleeping altogether. If you managed to get those additional discounts on UC4 & KH3 yesterday while sleep-deprived, who knows what else you could accomplish?

Aww, all you get is a 1/4th of a medallion for beating a remix boss? I figured you got more gold, a blueprint or a rune, or something. I beat the Neo eyeball and it took me quite a few tries. I could dodge most of the spirals attacks, but I had very little success when it rotates toward you and you have to immediately jump up from the ground level to the top of the room and dash across to avoid it.

Your old buddy Zimm came through!

(I had nothing to do with it)

Lego Dimensions Fun, Level, & Team packs are 25% off through next Tuesday with your old friend Cartwheel. Basically anything but the Starter Packs.

https://cartwheel-secure.target.com/o/lego-dimensions/-/53627

Enjoy!

#ShamelessPlug
I asked for 50%, but I guess Ill have to take this ;)

Not sure if I will get any of the sets now actually. We finished the main game already, and he is getting the Scooby Doo pack for Christmas from relatives.

I wish I had read the trophy guide before starting. There are only 30 mini-kits in the main game you can get with the starter pack. Those are the only 30 you need for the plat. So if you do not mind watching videos to get the spots where those 30 are across the levels you shouldn't have to play the story levels multiple times except the Portal one for a speed run trophy.

I asked for 50%, but I guess Ill have to take this ;)

Not sure if I will get any of the sets now actually. We finished the main game already, and he is getting the Scooby Doo pack for Christmas from relatives.

I wish I had read the trophy guide before starting. There are only 30 mini-kits in the main game you can get with the starter pack. Those are the only 30 you need for the plat. So if you do not mind watching videos to get the spots where those 30 are across the levels you shouldn't have to play the story levels multiple times except the Portal one for a speed run trophy.
How does the main game compare to other Lego games you've played? Does the base add to the gameplay where you have to rebuild and move around the pieces vs just letting them sit there in Disney Infinity and Skylanders?

Oh god, other company we rent space from is going around singing christmas carols. Hope like hell they forget I exist again. Too early to disappear suddenly for lunch. Might have to fake a phone call. Or hide out in a bathroom...

How does the main game compare to other Lego games you've played? Does the base add to the gameplay where you have to rebuild and move around the pieces vs just letting them sit there in Disney Infinity and Skylanders?
The gameplay is very similar to other Lego games with the various characters having different abilities. The difference is that the base is very involved. Thankfully it has a very long USB cord so you do not have to be right by the console. You have to constantly move the pieces around on the base during the game to accomplish different tasks.

The gameplay is very similar to other Lego games with the various characters having different abilities. The difference is that the base is very involved. Thankfully it has a very long USB cord so you do not have to be right by the console. You have to constantly move the pieces around on the base during the game to accomplish different tasks.
10073955.gif

Seriously though; I've never played Skylanders or Infinity but Lego Dimensions seemed interesting. That right there convinced me not to bother.

LMAO, the carolers have dispersed and now they're talking shit about each others singing voices outside my office.

"Oh my god, did you hear ____? I can't go over and hang out at her place anymore after that!" "Right when we started up it was so bad! We sounded much better in practice!" "____ was so flat! Half the people weren't even singing!" 

Jfc, I overhear some weird shit in this building, but that was funny as hell. 

Do you actually have to do all of that though? I think I read in the Game Informer review that you could just tell the game you rearranged the LEGO pieces and that actually doing it was optional. That could be totally wrong of course because I haven't actually played it.

I thought the movement in Lego Dimensions was just swapping out characters/vehicles when you need them? Is there more than that? Didn't seem like it'd be annoying in the videos I watched. 

Something I never thought of. And apparently they haven't either. For all the money you spend on these they couldn't be wireless? I got away from long USB cords for microphones and controllers are wireless now.

Powers S2 trailer, It has pretty huge spoilers for the end of S1, so if you haven't watched it yet, avoid any articles promoting it or the trailer itself as it is pretty prominently featured in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPs8HbKI-LE

I am not getting Battlefront will be free to play. You still need the game no? All this is a free weekend of PS+ no? Big deal.
Yeah, sounds like online play is free for PS+. Not the game itself. You wouldn't own battlefront without PS+ so I'm not sure why they used battlefront as the example for the promo.

Have any of you had to take a "visual field" test? It is god awful even though it doesn't seem like it should be. It's a glaucoma-related test. I don't have glaucoma but my dad did and I'm on the borderline. Anyway, you stare into a machine without moving your view from a dot and click a button every time you see a faint light blink somewhere in your field of view. It feels like it goes on forever even though it's only 4 minutes or so per eye. It feels awful.

Something I never thought of. And apparently they haven't either. For all the money you spend on these they couldn't be wireless? I got away from long USB cords for microphones and controllers are wireless now.
I don't think they're idiots. That'll probably be in a future iteration to resell bases to existing customers.

Have any of you had to take a "visual field" test? It is god awful even though it doesn't seem like it should be. It's a glaucoma-related test. I don't have glaucoma but my dad did and I'm on the borderline. Anyway, you stare into a machine without moving your view from a dot and click a button every time you see a faint light blink somewhere in your field of view. It feels like it goes on forever even though it's only 4 minutes or so per eye. It feels awful.
I haven't, but that does sound awful.

Why is it that we're heading towards 2016 and Sony can't implement something as basic as a name change, but can produce an emulator that runs PS2 games better than the original machine?

[quote name="Vigilante" post="13088356" timestamp="1449592044"]I haven't, but that does sound awful.[/quote]

It is, but at least it's over now... until the next time they subject me to it.

I get them done every other year I see the eye doc. You may not like it since you may have an eye issue. My eyes are fine other than needing contacts. I never have an issue with that test. I hate the one where they blow air in your eye and the other one with the bright flash. Those suck.

Yeah, sounds like online play is free for PS+. Not the game itself. You wouldn't own battlefront without PS+ so I'm not sure why they used battlefront as the example for the promo.
Well...yeah, that's why I thought it included the game itself. Steam has those weekend deals that way pretty often and I thought PSN had done it as well. Pretty bizarre to offer it with an online-only game.

Well...yeah, that's why I thought it included the game itself. Steam has those weekend deals that way pretty often and I thought PSN had done it as well. Pretty bizarre to offer it with an online-only game.
The graphics says games sold separately (in itty bitty font)

Another stupid useless promotion. Anyone who just got a PS4 got a 30 day free code. Anyone else who plays online already has PS+. i guess for those who don't game much and let their PS+ lapse.

Do you actually have to do all of that though? I think I read in the Game Informer review that you could just tell the game you rearranged the LEGO pieces and that actually doing it was optional. That could be totally wrong of course because I haven't actually played it.
There is no way to tell if you rearranged the pieces without rearranging the pieces that I know of.

I thought the movement in Lego Dimensions was just swapping out characters/vehicles when you need them? Is there more than that? Didn't seem like it'd be annoying in the videos I watched.
It is, but it is physically swapping them out on the base. It is not just as simple as pressing triangle like all the previous games.

Wireless would mean some sort of rechargeable battery technology. It is expensive enough now. Add that in and the price will jump.

It is, but it is physically swapping them out on the base. It is not just as simple as pressing triangle like all the previous games.
Okay, that's what I thought. Not a problem for me since I play on a monitor, but I can see how that'd get annoying if you're further away or the chord doesn't reach your coffee table or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back