PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anyone else in the thread get DI 3.0 PS4 recently and just haven't started it? I know Derek, Munky, and myself all have it. Apparently the arcade trophy is a PITA if dealing with randoms. Wren apparently messaged Topside telling him I needed a trophy, but since he is MIA I do not expect him to be terribly interested.

Should be relatively easy to knock out if anyone is interested and we can find a time that works for all of us.
Now I am being told even with 4 there may not be a way to play together. If you all join the same toy box it breaks you up when the arcade starts and there is no way to accept invites while in the arcade. That sounds terrible. I plan to give it a shot tonight though.

Thanks to wren and Zimm I'd add Shovel Knight, Geometry Wars 3 and Apotheon to my list.

My Top 10 games of 2015
4. Flame Over
You played the PS4 version, right? I should probably get back to the game. I enjoyed it somewhat but couldn't get past the 50 million chemical spills on Vita at launch. That ceiling made me stop playing.

I know others have posted about the Marvel LBP DLC being delisted on the 31st. They have the level pack + all the costume packs in a bundle for $15. I saw all the individual packs in the sales page but only noticed the mega bundle when searching for Marvel.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, a brief explanation of the free Lost Dimension DLC you may have bought (it was only free for the first 2 weeks)

1.)Costumes - Completely cosmetic, shows up when you are waiting around in the lobby (where you do upgrades, buy stuff, and talk to allys) or in battle. During the cutscenes which mainly have 2D animation, they are wearing their normal uniforms.

2.)Non-story DLC levels (Emissary of the Netherworlds, Price of Blood, Runaway Cause and Effect) - 5 battles each, give only a token amount of money and XP. If you S rank a battle (do in as few a turns as possible) it unlocks powerful, equipable Apps. Apps are like stat buffing rings, you can equip 2 per character. The purchaseable apps only offer 1 stat bump per App, but these will bump multiple stats. Since you only get a reward for S ranks, only bother playing them once you are comfortable that you can S rank it.

3.)Item Packs - One HP potion, one MP potion, One revive potion, one vision point (lets you determine if a player is an ally or a traitor)

4.)Story DLC levels (Beginning of the End) - 5 battles which tells some of the villain's backstory. In addition to multi-stat App rewards for S ranking them, they offer a decent amount of money and a LOT of XP. It appears in its own tab on the right side of the battle select menu. From a story spoiler point, I wouldn't play any of it until you reach the 5th and final floor.

So, a brief explanation of the free Lost Dimension DLC you may have bought (it was only free for the first 2 weeks)

1.)Costumes - Completely cosmetic, shows up when you are waiting around in the lobby (where you do upgrades, buy stuff, and talk to allys) or in battle. During the cutscenes which mainly have 2D animation, they are wearing their normal uniforms.

2.)Non-story DLC levels (Emissary of the Netherworlds, Price of Blood, Runaway Cause and Effect) - 5 battles each, give only a token amount of money and XP. If you S rank a battle (do in as few a turns as possible) it unlocks powerful, equipable Apps. Apps are like stat buffing rings, you can equip 2 per character. The purchaseable apps only offer 1 stat bump per App, but these will bump multiple stats. Since you only get a reward for S ranks, only bother playing them once you are comfortable that you can S rank it.

3.)Item Packs - One HP potion, one MP potion, One revive potion, one vision point (lets you determine if a player is an ally or a traitor)

4.)Story DLC levels (Beginning of the End) - 5 battles which tells some of the villain's backstory. In addition to multi-stat App rewards for S ranking them, they offer a decent amount of money and a LOT of XP. It appears in its own tab on the right side of the battle select menu. From a story spoiler point, I wouldn't play any of it until you reach the 5th and final floor.
I'm such an idiot for not getting all that for free. I wasn't sure if I'd be getting the game at that point, but I should have "bought" the DLC anyway.

What key glitch?
In the third (I think) part of the game, you have to sneak around and not step on coins to release a big creature from the cave. A lot of people (myself included) were unable to pick up the key to unlock shit due to a glitch and had to start the game over again after clearing some kind of something thing or something.

I'm such an idiot for not getting all that for free. I wasn't sure if I'd be getting the game at that point, but I should have "bought" the DLC anyway.
Some people have put the Episode 0 DLC gameplay with cutscenes up on youtube at least so you won't have to pay $4 to see it, it's DEFINITELY not worth that much. Unless the game gets much harder in NG+ you probably won't need the multi-stat Apps either.

Looks like the 2 item packs and the costume DLC for the lead character are still free.

Nice. How was it?

I checked out some of his other videos. I don't know the first thing about drumming but he seems pretty good. No idea if he's in a band or if he just does these videos and such.
It was certainly worth the $2 I paid for it, and I would have been pleased had I spent $10. Story was excellent, the graphics were acceptable enough, and the gameplay wasn't innovative, but wasn't a hindrance to the game.

I would look forward to them making another game in the series, or especially assisting another studio in making a bigger budget sequel.

The drummer seems to be alright. Can't really say much about his creativity from a cover video. Hard to tell exactly how cleanly he's playing with the music playing underneath him, and the song is slightly slowed down, but he has the stamina to blast at high speeds. Not everyone can do that.

In the third (I think) part of the game, you have to sneak around and not step on coins to release a big creature from the cave. A lot of people (myself included) were unable to pick up the key to unlock shit due to a glitch and had to start the game over again after clearing some kind of something thing or something.
For what it's worth, I played it in January or February and didn't have the glitch. Maybe they patched it.

For what it's worth, I played it in January or February and didn't have the glitch. Maybe they patched it.
Yeah I think I'm past that part. Was it bones though instead of coins like you said? I snuck around some bones but no coins.

Thanks to wren and Zimm I'd add Shovel Knight, Geometry Wars 3 and Apotheon to my list.

You played the PS4 version, right? I should probably get back to the game. I enjoyed it somewhat but couldn't get past the 50 million chemical spills on Vita at launch. That ceiling made me stop playing.

I know others have posted about the Marvel LBP DLC being delisted on the 31st. They have the level pack + all the costume packs in a bundle for $15. I saw all the individual packs in the sales page but only noticed the mega bundle when searching for Marvel.
I played it on PS4 and Vita. Both versions are awesome, the PS4 version is a good amount easier, they were going to patch the Vita version to play more like the PS4 version but not sure if that has happened yet.

also i never knew a grinder was a type of sandwich. I was caught off guard when i entered derek's stream and heard gator talking about being stuffed from his grindr and his mouth still burning or something...

Shipwreck is crying on Twitter about how hard it is to change a PS4 hard drive.=
My sister got one of those 12 GB PS3 for cheap because she needed another blu-ray player and figured why not since she didn't already have a PS3 and could piggyback off some of the older games in my download list from before it changed from 5 systems to 2 systems allowed. She didn't want to wait for Christmas break till she was back in town for me to do it so I found a HDD for her to buy, the HDD mount (one doesn't come with the 12 GB flash models), and a video showing how to do it which she ignored most of it.

That was quite a production trying explain to her over the phone what to do when it went wrong / figure out what went wrong. Turns out she didn't push the rubber washer lining things partway through the holes that the screws go through on the mount. First she put them inside the mount between the drive and the mount, then outside the mount between the screw and the mount, then left them out entirely. That was only after going through all the admin menu stuff trying to get it to work that I figured out she didn't have the rubber guards in the proper position. Soon as she repositioned them it worked fine, but that was after 2 or 3 hours on the phone.

hey, at least you make lots of $, right? im poor as a joke :) peace man and don't let it bring you down

you will be out soon enough, clock keeps ticking

I did the whole university thing (magna cum laude bitches) and i worked 2 other jobs for 5 years each. Managed a drycleaners and a hotel. Both were dream jobs also, highly recommended if you can get it. I quit the hotel cuz i make roughly the same for not doing anything and it was becoming a bit too shady, but yeah iv never had an office job. I did 'landscaping' for a few years too when I was young and that was awesome also

Shipwreck is crying on Twitter about how hard it is to change a PS4 hard drive.
I actually agree with him on that one, it's a massive pain in the ass compared to external hard drive support. The actual swapping is easy, but if you already have a bunch of stuff that needs to be redownloaded or transferred it takes hours and hours.

Still holding out hope for external hard drive support on PS4 at some point.

yeah time flies, in a month ill have been on cag for 7 years

i miss all the glitches and free games we used to get. I barely even check the deals thread anymore.

I used to check every night to see what was up, but it seems bestbuy/amazon/etc got their shit fixed and barely any free/glitched stuff anymore. oh wells. everyone been saying bestbuy gonna close for 10 years, lol. my bestbuy near me actually closed a month ago. it is happening

I actually agree with him on that one, it's a massive pain in the ass compared to external hard drive support. The actual swapping is easy, but if you already have a bunch of stuff that needs to be redownloaded or transferred it takes hours and hours.

Still holding out hope for external hard drive support on PS4 at some point.
I swapped out my PS4 in May. Wasn't that big a deal. Just kick off the downloads and let it run.

#firstworldproblems

Therm and Soph and anyone else playing da i, hit me up on some mp. Make sure to download the destruction and dragonslayer expansions.

hit me up if interested.

also ill be streaming and running a 4 hour vip gta V game later tonight. Hit me up Derek, Bums, CrazyDiamond, etc if ya wanna be my bodyguards and make some $$$
i'm in!

top 5 played

witcher 3

mgs 5

lost dimension

fallout 4

divinity

top 5 beat

elder scrolls online

demon gaze

ori and the blind forest

tales from the borderlands