Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='durden26']Hey Kirin Lemon,
I know you're big on Jubei Chan 2, but how's the original Jubei Chan? It's on sale this week for $24, so I figure that plus JC2 2, 3 and 4 should be good filler for my $6 Haibane Renmei Vol. 1 purchase :p[/QUOTE]

Fantastic. Love them both to death.

[quote name='the_punisher']Something's definitely happening, still says On Order From Manufacturer, but it's been moved to the top of the order (it was in the middle before). Maybe they can make it within a month of me ordering (ordered 3/27, so they have a couple days).[/quote]
It's probably on Bandai's end. I just got an email from Amazon telling me that the Ghost in the Shell SAC 2 boxset I ordered probably won't be sent until late may/early June. I think I might just go out and try to find some of the DVDs I ordered. I'll end up paying more but atleast I can get them now.

[quote name='Waru']Just got confirmation that my-otome volume 4 shipped as of yesterday![/QUOTE]

Mine still says "On Order From Manufacturer" :cry:

Unrelated, i got Kanon Vol. 5 today at BB for $18. It was the only Kanon-related thing they had, and i couldn't believe it was actually vol. 5, brand new :). Do you guys think i should just sell it, or buy the rest of the series on TSRI and have a rare (altho opened if i watch it) dvd kanon, or just sell it and buy the thinpak when it gets cheap.

Today is the last day to get in any items you might want from the Bargain Bin sale.

After Re-checking the site , it appears that the Bargain Bin sale has been extended until May 4th (one extra week).

3 day coupon code is for 33% off Icarus Publishing Titles (Adult titles). Because of this I will not be updating the Thread title until thursday (assuming they will have a coupon code then with the bargain bin sale continuing). I wouldn't have to update the OP with anything because there are no "featured" titles for this sale anyway.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Anything new added?
Also, I don't think prices will go up after the sale.[/quote]

Probably not , but maybe you can ask punisher to make another pass through.:lol:

Prices probably won't go up , but as we've already seen , people weren't buying the stuff before , but they are buying them now , simply because they are "on sale". Once the sale ends , supply will probably stop moving again.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']http://www.rightstuf.com/catalog/browse/link/t=changes,c=right-stuf

^ I check that every day. New prices/additions will appear under Changed or New.[/quote]

Nice , never knew/noticed that before. Might be usefull for everyone to know. Maybe I'll add that to the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkSageRK']http://www.rightstuf.com/catalog/browse/link/t=changes,c=right-stuf

^ I check that every day. New prices/additions will appear under Changed or New.[/QUOTE]

Wow, THANK YOU. ;)

When was this here, and why wasn't i informed? *calls up StarKnight*

[quote name='StarKnightX']Probably not , but maybe you can ask punisher to make another pass through.:lol:

Prices probably won't go up , but as we've already seen , people weren't buying the stuff before , but they are buying them now , simply because they are "on sale". Once the sale ends , supply will probably stop moving again.[/QUOTE]

Quiet you :speaktothehand:

[quote name='the_punisher']Wow, THANK YOU. ;)

When was this here, and why wasn't i informed? *calls up StarKnight*[/quote]

I'm surprised so many people didn't know about that page. It's not exactly hidden, there's a link on the front page right next to the store and bargain bin links.

Well most of the stuff I have bought is significantly cheaper than before and cheaper than other avenues. Also, most of this stuff is out of print; either I buy it now at this low price or I risk losing my chance to purchase it at all.

My only problem is that there is just too much stuff on sale and out of print at the same time. My wallet is not able to take a beating of this magnitude, haha.

[quote name='Brian9824']Doesn't appear to be accurate. It doesn't show Eureka 7 being added to bargain bin or price being changed.[/quote]

Yes it does, on April 17th. Just ctrl+F "Eureka"

[quote name='Razzuel']Well most of the stuff I have bought is significantly cheaper than before and cheaper than other avenues. Also, most of this stuff is out of print; either I buy it now at this low price or I risk losing my chance to purchase it at all.

My only problem is that there is just too much stuff on sale and out of print at the same time. My wallet is not able to take a beating of this magnitude, haha.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to get a list of all the top-notch anime on sale, so people can scoop it up before it goes OOP (especially Geneon titles). I think I have most of it, but I bet there is still more I missed. Particularly older stuff that probably wont be on Blu-ray.

[quote name='Razzuel']I wish they would hurry up and get Eureka Seven Volume 2 back in stock.[/quote]

I wish they would hurry up and get all of Eureka Seven in stock so they can finally ship my order.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I wish they would hurry up and get all of Eureka Seven in stock so they can finally ship my order.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, seriously. The wait is killing me.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I wish they would hurry up and get all of Eureka Seven in stock so they can finally ship my order.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I cancelled my order for all of them. A) Cause I know it's gonna be forever till I get them and B) I saw the first episode and couldn't stand the main character, no way I was going through 50 eps of that. I must though that Eureka is an awesome character and was thinking of just getting it to see her in the show.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Ugh, seriously. The wait is killing me.[/QUOTE]

Imagine how long it's guna take for the people who got the entire series! Not one thing is in-stock apparently =/

Also, My-Otome Vol. 4 is still backordered, over a month later =/

[quote name='the_punisher']Imagine how long it's guna take for the people who got the entire series! Not one thing is in-stock apparently =/[/QUOTE]

I'm imagining it will all arrive to RightStuf in one big shipment. I'm *hoping*! (And actually, the Volume 12 Special Edition has been listed as "reserved for my order" since late last week.)

I was going to order the whole set, but I am waiting for volume 2 to get back in stock; I don't want to get free shipping for all the other dvds and then pay shipping for just one volume.

My-Otome volume 4 arrived in the mail today hopefully shouldn't be long for everyone else who ordered it to get it. I'm also one of the people who ordered all the LE Eureka 7 + remaining singles for $92 I have no problem waiting really its just I have to make sure to keep $92 in the bank and not forget about this purchase since I know its going to be forever till I receive it.

Should of known it would be trouble when they put up 1000 copies of each "LIMITED" editions.

[quote name='MrBrando']Eh, I cancelled my order for all of them. A) Cause I know it's gonna be forever till I get them and B) I saw the first episode and couldn't stand the main character, no way I was going through 50 eps of that. I must though that Eureka is an awesome character and was thinking of just getting it to see her in the show.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad. Renton turns really badass later on in the series. It's one of the best anime I've seen in recent years.

[quote name='jacks81x']That's too bad. Renton turns really badass later on in the series. It's one of the best anime I've seen in recent years.[/quote]

This is true.

The only good thing about Eureka 7 is Anemone and Dominick. Renton really doesn't get better, and the children in the storyline were cringe-worthy. I'll give it that it's better than average, and it's worth a buy for its cheap price, but it's not that great of an anime.

[quote name='Waru']My-Otome volume 4 arrived in the mail today hopefully shouldn't be long for everyone else who ordered it to get it. I'm also one of the people who ordered all the LE Eureka 7 + remaining singles for $92 I have no problem waiting really its just I have to make sure to keep $92 in the bank and not forget about this purchase since I know its going to be forever till I receive it.

Should of known it would be trouble when they put up 1000 copies of each "LIMITED" editions.[/quote]

You wont believe this...I just got a shipping confirmation for the boota plush and gantz volume 4 manga that I ordered...and my otome 4 is STILL on backorder:bomb::bomb::bomb:

New RightStuf sale is up, Funimation coupon:

From now through May 11, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs and merchandise from FUNimation. (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)
How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:
Coupon Code: fallinlove
Expires: May 11, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and other merchandise from FUNimation. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

Some notable items include:

• Air TV Series DVD Box Set - $29.99
  • Kanon DVD Box Set - $41.99
  • Kodocha DVD Box Set 1 - $29.99 (About the same price as buying the first 6 DVDs from the bargain bin, but a bit cheaper if you have a GotAnime membership)
  • Kodocha DVD Box Set 2 - $29.99 ($5 cheaper than buying the 7 DVDs from the bargain bin)

ar01160 Air TV Series DVD Box Set (Hyb) 1 $29.99
ar01155 Air: The Movie DVD (Hyb) 1 $11.99
fun09620 Baccano! DVD 1 (Hyb) + Artbox 1 $20.99
fun09622 Baccano! DVD 2 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun09623 Baccano! DVD 3 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun09624 Baccano! DVD 4 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun07730 Burst Angel DVD Box Set (Hyb) (*) 1 $28.00
fun07440 Claymore DVD 1 (Hyb) + Artbox 1 $23.99
fun07442 Claymore DVD 2 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun07443 Claymore DVD 3 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun07444 Claymore DVD 4 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun07445 Claymore DVD 5 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun07446 Claymore DVD 6 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun01111 D.Gray-man Season 1 DVD Part 1 (Hyb) 1 $35.99
fun01113 D.Gray-man Season 1 DVD Part 2 (Hyb) 1 $35.99
fun07450 Darker Than Black DVD 1 (Hyb) + Artbox 1 $23.99
fun07452 Darker Than Black DVD 2 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun07453 Darker Than Black DVD 3 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun07454 Darker Than Black DVD 4 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun07455 Darker Than Black DVD 5 (Hyb) 1 $17.99
fun01130 Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo DVD Complete Series (Hyb) 1 $41.99
fun08607 Hell Girl DVD Box Set (Hyb) 1 $41.99
ar09731 Kanon DVD Box Set (Hyb) 1 $41.99
fun08569 Kodocha DVD Box Set 1 (Hyb) 1 $29.99
fun08571 Kodocha DVD Box Set 2 (Hyb) 1 $29.99

fun09530 Ouran High School Host Club Season 1 DVD Part 1 (Hyb) 1 $35.99
fun09531 Ouran High School Host Club Season 1 DVD Part 2 (Hyb) 1 $35.99
fun01165 Romeo x Juliet DVD Part 1 (Hyb) (Romeo Collection) 1 $35.99
fun01507 Shuffle! DVD Box Set (Hyb) 1 $41.99
fun08187 Solty Rei DVD Box Set (Hyb) (*) 1 $28.00
fun08464 Trinity Blood DVD Box Set (Hyb) (*) 1 $29.99
fun08629 Witchblade DVD Box Set (Hyb) 1 $47.99

Some of these prices are the same, although i would like the Air TV Movie, and Kodocha for $60 and Romeo x Juliet for $36 are both pretty good deals.

Really liked what I saw of Romeo X Juliets a while back at a con with the fansubs. Will most likely pick it up later but would prefer for it to drop in price a bit more. $50 for entire series is my price point.

[quote name='hero101']The punisher seems so rich. He makes me want to buy more anime.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you think i bought all that?

I'm just showing everyone prices, if i was that rich i wouldn't be here looking to save a couple bucks on anime, i'd just buy them out :cool:.

[quote name='Brian9824']Really liked what I saw of Romeo X Juliets a while back at a con with the fansubs. Will most likely pick it up later but would prefer for it to drop in price a bit more. $50 for entire series is my price point.[/QUOTE]

$36 for a not-even-released series though.....so tempting =/......

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Anyone know if Romeo x Juliet is supposed to be good or not? Obviously it hasn't been released here yet but...[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'd look up a fansub of the first couple episodes somewhere on this one. I saw the dub premiere at Sakura Con a few weeks ago... it's not at all accurate to the play, but the sci fi/fantasy setting is pretty liberally sprinkled with Shakespeare-ish things- the dub is done largely in Shakespearian language, for example. It's really a hard one to make a call on without seeing it, unless you REALLY like scifi/fantasy blend anime.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Honestly, I'd look up a fansub of the first couple episodes somewhere on this one. I saw the dub premiere at Sakura Con a few weeks ago... it's not at all accurate to the play, but the sci fi/fantasy setting is pretty liberally sprinkled with Shakespeare-ish things- the dub is done largely in Shakespearian language, for example. It's really a hard one to make a call on without seeing it, unless you REALLY like scifi/fantasy blend anime.[/quote]

I am probably going to preorder it. I really like the art and the idea of a re-imagined science fiction version of Romeo and Juliet sounds awesome to me.

[quote name='Brian9824']Hopefully we get Claymore boxset soon. Claymore is a great series but i'm not paying that much for it.[/QUOTE]

Same with Baccano and Darker Than Black ;)

[quote name='the_punisher']Same with Baccano and Darker Than Black ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would watch Baccano in a good priced series set, where you could watch enough episodes to start to get what is going on. 4 episodes and wait seems like a route to complete incomprehensibility.

[quote name='Grico']Yeah, I would watch Baccano in a good priced series set, where you could watch enough episodes to start to get what is going on. 4 episodes and wait seems like a route to complete incomprehensibility.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'd also not pay $25 for every single volume, then get shafted when a $30 viridian set comes out, or TSRI has a massive sale. *looks at horribly overpriced season x-part x FMA sets, cries*

Also, was anyone massively obsessed with School Rumble while watching it? ONLY SIX EPISODES TO GO =/

(i'd probably have more if i wasn't watching it constantly xD)

[quote name='Razzuel']Has anyone's Eureka Seven stuff shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

My volumes 5, 6, 8, 10, and 12 Special Edition shipped out last Thursday. The rest remain "on order from manufacturer".

[quote name='Razzuel']Has anyone's Eureka Seven stuff shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet though personally I hope they don't ship my stuff for 1+ month, I messed up my budget while building my computer and getting bills situated so while I can afford the $92 now I would have to eat instant noodles for a few weeks :cry:.

[quote name='Waru']Not yet though personally I hope they don't ship my stuff for 1+ month, I messed up my budget while building my computer and getting bills situated so while I can afford the $92 now I would have to eat instant noodles for a few weeks :cry:.[/QUOTE]

Same, minus the whole instant noodle thing >.

bread's done
Back