Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueSwim']Just read the product description... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"Just when he thinks his only girlfriend will be his right hand, his right hand becomes an actual girl!"

HOLY SHIT!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:[/QUOTE]

The first time I saw the opening sequence, I was laughing hysterically for a good couple minutes.

... Though I think I was really tired at the time.

So I want to get the Tekkaman Blade complete collection and maybe Teknoman complete as well. Should I just go for them now or wait for a supposed rightstuff sale that happens?

[quote name='snowmint']So I want to get the Tekkaman Blade complete collection and maybe Teknoman complete as well. Should I just go for them now or wait for a supposed rightstuff sale that happens?[/QUOTE]

They're different? I thought Teknoman was the Americanized name of Tekkaman Blade.

One is a uncut sub only release while the other is an edit dub only release. So I want to buy something at the barigan blowout but is there any coupons I could use or should I just go ahead an purchase?

No coupons or anything else will apply to Bargain Bin items. The only thing worth noting before you buy is that orders over $49 get free shipping, though economy shipping costs aren't that bad to begin with.

With regards to Tekkaman, personally I'd wait for a sale on it, but then I'm a penny pincher like that and I check their new sales everytime they occur. And while I know some people cringe at it, I've never had a problem with Dvdpacific.com, and while they don't have any good sales their normal prices on anime are sometimes as low as Rightstuf's sale prices. To be honest though, I haven't used them in a year or two, and now it seems they've changed their website.

How early do you guys usually get pre-orders? I'm watching Soul Eater and thinking of pre-ordering PArts 3&4, but part 4 doesn't come out until July 27, and i'd rather not wait that long tbh since i'll probably catch up to that part by june.

I might be mentally unstable:

• Barefoot Gen DVD
  • Bubblegum Crisis OVA DVD 1
  • Bubblegum Crisis OVA DVD 2
  • Bubblegum Crisis OVA DVD 3
  • Bubblegum Crisis OVA DVD 4
  • Cromartie High School DVD 2
  • Cromartie High School DVD 3
  • FLCL Original Soundtrack 1
  • FLCL Original Soundtrack 2
  • FLCL CD Soundtrack 3
  • Hare+Guu DVD 1 + Artbox
  • Hare+Guu DVD 2
  • Hare+Guu DVD 3
  • Hare+Guu DVD 4
  • Hare+Guu DVD 6
  • Hare+Guu OVA DVD 1
  • Hare+Guu OVA DVD 2
  • Magic Users Club: The Magic Box Set
  • Otaku No Video DVD
  • Rumbling Hearts DVD 1 + Artbox
  • Rumbling Hearts DVD 3
  • Strawberry Marshmallow DVD 1
  • Strawberry Marshmallow DVD 2
  • Strawberry Marshmallow DVD 3
  • Toward the Terra DVD 1
  • Toward the Terra DVD 2
  • Toward the Terra DVD 3
  • Toward the Terra DVD 4
  • Lunar Legend Tsukihime DVD 1
  • Lunar Legend Tsukihime DVD 2
  • Lunar Legend Tsukihime DVD 3

[quote name='Razzuel']I might be mentally unstable:

• Lunar Legend Tsukihime DVD 1
  • Lunar Legend Tsukihime DVD 2
  • Lunar Legend Tsukihime DVD 3
[/QUOTE]
Cancel that NOW
that anime is a piece of crap
Play the game (or even read the manga) just don't watch it

[quote name='Hamel']Cancel that NOW
Play the game (or even read the manga) just don't watch it[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

[quote name='Hamel']Cancel that NOW
Play the game (or even read the manga) just don't watch it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Totally agree.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm even more intrigued, haha! I have to watch it now.

• FLCL CD Soundtrack 3
  • Rumbling Hearts DVD 1 + Artbox
  • Rumbling Hearts DVD 3
[/QUOTE]You seem fine mentally to me!:cool:

• FLCL CD Soundtrack 3
  • Strawberry Marshmallow DVD 1
  • Strawberry Marshmallow DVD 2
  • Strawberry Marshmallow DVD 3
[/QUOTE]
FLCL ost's are my favorite anime soundtracks, and Ichigo Mashimaro is good fun :)

[quote name='Razzuel']Now I'm even more intrigued, haha! I have to watch it now.[/QUOTE]

I think we just found a unanimous opinion here. And I really really wanted to like it too, but there's really nothing redeeming aside from the cute characters that we learn not nearly enough about. I nearly got it myself just because of the price and Type-Moon until I remembered how cheated I felt after netflixing all three discs.

Recent order from bargain bin sale:
FLCL OST 1-3 (I already have these... these will be for spreading the gospel)
Baccano vol 3
Baccano vol 4

[quote name='the_punisher']How early do you guys usually get pre-orders? I'm watching Soul Eater and thinking of pre-ordering PArts 3&4, but part 4 doesn't come out until July 27, and i'd rather not wait that long tbh since i'll probably catch up to that part by june.[/QUOTE]
I preordered the first two parts from rightstuf. I think I received each one about 2 weeks before release date, and that was using economy shipping. I'm waiting for a Funimation sale to order parts 3 and 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Shinpachi']I think we just found a unanimous opinion here. And I really really wanted to like it too, but there's really nothing redeeming aside from the cute characters that we learn not nearly enough about. I nearly got it myself just because of the price and Type-Moon until I remembered how cheated I felt after netflixing all three discs.[/QUOTE]

Let's see if I can say something nice about it.... OK-Tsukihime made slightly more sense than Soul Taker. But it wasn't as cool-looking.

That's the best I can do. It really isn't very good.

[quote name='killa5k7']Lmao...I was going to bite on Tsukihime...I mean its dirt cheap and looks awesome. Thanks for the warning guys.[/QUOTE]

I ain't budging! :D

I'll be sure to let everyone know what my thoughts are after I watch it. I'm quite curious, since it seems to be so unanimously disliked in this thread.

[quote name='Razzuel']I ain't budging! :D

I'll be sure to let everyone know what my thoughts are after I watch it. I'm quite curious, since it seems to be so unanimously disliked in this thread.[/QUOTE]

I liked it enough to buy the three discs a while ago. Having watched it again recently, what surprised me was how slow the pacing of the show was, but it's a short series so overall I didn't have a problem with that. I still enjoyed the dynamics of the characters and their interplay.

Since people were talking about it earlier, I would say I liked Tsukihime about as much as My-Hime, maybe a little more because it's shorter and had a stronger ending. My-Hime to me was just a good show rather than a great one, marred because they didn't have the stones to
leave everybody dead instead of bringing them back without any semblance of a good reason, just to have a Spielberg-type happy ending.

[quote name='Razzuel']I ain't budging! :D

I'll be sure to let everyone know what my thoughts are after I watch it. I'm quite curious, since it seems to be so unanimously disliked in this thread.[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing... I have a sub-collection of 'hilariously bad anime' within my DVDs, led by the great King of Bad Anime- Garzey's Wing. I need to add Angel Cop and Harmageddon one of these days.

Sadly, Tsukihime is not hilariously bad, it's regular ol' meh-to-bad. I'll be interested to see what you think of it!

Even I got Tsukihime because I really liked the visual novel. But it's really meh. Like.... rreeeaaalllllyy meh. The pacing is bad and there are a lot of details lost in translation.

[quote name='erehwon']How is the series Ragnarok? I have the second and third sets and just need the first. I pick up both from Big Lots for $3 a piece.[/QUOTE]

Really bad. Sell that crap off and don't look back.

[quote name='erehwon']How is the series Ragnarok? I have the second and third sets and just need the first. I pick up both from Big Lots for $3 a piece.[/QUOTE]

My manager and his wife are into anime... I gave them a volume 1 of an old manhwa called 'Ragnarok' becuase I was never going to track down the rest (my fiance has it anyway), it had awesome artwork, and being Korean it wasn't 'backwards' (the reason they don't read manga).

Shortly thereafter, he told me they netflixed the Ragnarok anime. I told they actually weren't related, and it was supposed to be a pretty lousy show. He was dissapointed, because the comic is pretty cool.

Short after that, they got the disc- they didn't finish it. It was, in his words, 'fucking awful.' I don't think I'll ever bother with it.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I do the same thing... I have a sub-collection of 'hilariously bad anime' within my DVDs, led by the great King of Bad Anime- Garzey's Wing. I need to add Angel Cop and Harmageddon one of these days.

Sadly, Tsukihime is not hilariously bad, it's regular ol' meh-to-bad. I'll be interested to see what you think of it![/QUOTE]

Friend of mine did a bad anime panel starring Harmageddon, MD Geist, Angel Cop, Garzey's Wing, and a few others to name a few. It was great. People were laughing so hard.

I also have a selection of bad anime that I keep to show people including Harmageddon and Garzey's Wing. FYI Harmageddon is the most racist anime in the world.

[quote name='Brian9824']Friend of mine did a bad anime panel starring Harmageddon, MD Geist, Angel Cop, Garzey's Wing, and a few others to name a few. It was great. People were laughing so hard.

I also have a selection of bad anime that I keep to show people including Harmageddon and Garzey's Wing. FYI Harmageddon is the most racist anime in the world.[/QUOTE]

I showed my fiance Garzey's Wing back when I got it- to this day, he will NOT let me bring it up. If I try to tell someone about it with him in the room, I get to 'Garz-' before I'm told to shut up. :lol:

I also nearly blinded a friend with Odin: Starlight Mutiny. Myself too, actually- you almost have to watch that one in a mirror.

Splurged a bit and decided to get...

School Rumble: Second Season complete
School Rumble OVA (yay! Now I got the whole series)
Vandread: Second Stage vol. 2-4
Guyver vol. 1-3
Steam Detectives vol. 4
Cromartie High vol. 2-3

All for a total of $50.18. Damn good deals, though I hope Guyver doesn't suck. I Liked the old series and just blind bought first three volumes so hopefully they don't disappoint.

[quote name='GhostShark']Is Basilisk worth the 25 dollar pricetag or should I spend my money elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched it yet, but I got it on amazon from shawnek (works for/runs right stuff? , his stuff comes in RS boxes with RS invoices.) last week. You should get it cheaper there if there are any left. He has it right now at 13.07 + 2.98 shipping.

[quote name='Virsago']I haven't watched it yet, but I got it on amazon from shawnek (works for/runs right stuff? , his stuff comes in RS boxes with RS invoices.) last week. You should get it cheaper there if there are any left. He has it right now at 13.07 + 2.98 shipping.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Thanks for the heads up on that. :hot:

[quote name='GhostShark']Is Basilisk worth the 25 dollar pricetag or should I spend my money elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

$25 is a very fair price for Basilisk; I consider ~$15 a steal. I should warn that getting attached to characters in this series is not the best idea (a difficult task, considering how clever and/or badass some of them are). It is about warring ninja clans, after all.

Incidentally, I bought Kaleido Star for $45 per season ages ago. It's still my second favorite show of all time.

Heck yeah..picked up Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi from shawnek for under 11 bucks. Been wanting to watch this series. thanks for the links...I bought all of GunXsword from him long ago super cheap.

So I just bought Nadia (parts 1 and 2) and Kurau because you people seem to praise it so hopefully it's as good as the praising

[quote name='Hamel']So I just bought Nadia (parts 1 and 2) and Kurau because you people seem to praise it so hopefully it's as good as the praising[/QUOTE]

Kurau is fantastic! Oh, and thanks for purchasing it; the more the merrier!

[quote name='Hamel']So I just bought Nadia (parts 1 and 2) and Kurau because you people seem to praise it so hopefully it's as good as the praising[/QUOTE]

All good choices!

[quote name='killa5k7']Heck yeah..picked up Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi from shawnek for under 11 bucks. Been wanting to watch this series. thanks for the links...I bought all of GunXsword from him long ago super cheap.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if I should pick up GunXsword from various sellers for about $53 without an artbox, since I guess it's not really being distributed anymore and it's not one of the titles Funimation picked up from Geneon, it'll only get harder to find right? I mean I already saw it on Netflix and thoroughly enjoyed it, it's something I'll want to watch again in a couple of years.

Picked up from their Weekly Specials today:
Glass Slipper Part 2 Box Set (K-Drama)
Kaleido Star Complete Collection
Kaleido Star: New Wings Complete Collection
Nadia, Secret of the Blue Water TV Series Collections 1 & 2
Rozen Maiden + Rozen Maiden Traumend DVD Complete Set
When They Cry Complete Collection

Hmm they also have the Case Closed seasons for 16.99 a piece. Thinking about picking up the other two sets I was missing.
How is "Tyler the Irresponsible Captain"? Seems interesting.

Picked up One Piece Season 2, Part 7 since it was at $29.99. Really tempted to get FMA Brotherhood Part 1 and Eyeshield 21 Part 1 DVDs for 29.99 each, but I must wait on those, to much money spent lately.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hmm they also have the Case Closed seasons for 16.99 a piece. Thinking about picking up the other two sets I was missing.
How is "Tyler the Irresponsible Captain"? Seems interesting.[/QUOTE]

I've always loved the Tylor series. I first saw it back in the late 90s when I used to go to Terrapin Anime Society meetings at Univ of MD back in 96 and 97. It is a series that never fails to make me laugh.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hmm they also have the Case Closed seasons for 16.99 a piece. Thinking about picking up the other two sets I was missing.
How is "Tyler the Irresponsible Captain"? Seems interesting.[/QUOTE]

Tylor is awesome, it's completely worth having. The hard part is picking what to buy- the new sets have remastered video, but the older (and much pricer) sets have a crap-load of extras the new ones don't. I already have the older sets, but I'll likely be buying the remastered ones for my fiance's sister... it's one of her favorite shows, and I can always borrow them to see the fancy new video. Win-win!

bread's done
Back