RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Savings - Main Sales Page

12days-extended.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on Blu-ray discs, DVDs, box sets, books, bundles and more!

Each day, we'll update Rightstuf.com with the latest additions to our list of holiday deals, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011. (Just add the items to your cart and check out to save! Please note: Quantities for some items -- specifically, those that include counters on their item pages -- may be limited.)

Make your list, check it twice (or more!), and have a safe and happy holiday season!*
*Be sure to drop into the workshop for more holiday fun!
DAY 01:
DAY 02:
DAY 03:
DAY 04:
DAY 05:
DAY 06:
DAY 07:
DAY 08:
DAY 09:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:
DAY 13:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Bargains on Blu-ray, DVDs & More! @ RightStuf.com

blackFriday-news.jpg

Kick off the holiday season with special deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more for a limited time – from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (November 28, 2011)!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!
(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But hurry! Some quantities are limited, AND the sale ends on November 28, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST!
EDIT: Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is still ongoing!

FUNimation Bargain Bundles Promotion @ RightStuf.com

While supplies last, customers ordering this bundle will also receive a black Funimation tote bag.
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $49.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Devil May Cry (S.A.V.E.), Black Blood Brothers (S.A.V.E.), Blassreiter (S.A.V.E.), Nabari no Ou (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $53.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Coyote Ragtime Show (S.A.V.E.), Kaze no Stigma (S.A.V.E.), Air Gear (S.A.V.E.), Vexille (SE)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Butt Kickers Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $62.99 (You Save 58%)
    • Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho: The Movie & Eizou Hakusho
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation LiveAction Sampler Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $13.49 (You Save 55%)
    • Mushi-shi, Ghost Train (S.A.V.E.), Synesthesia (S.A.V.E.)
  • FUNimation Magical Fanservice Girlfriends Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $78.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Rosario + Vampire (LE), Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Sekirei (Season 1)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Spirit Gun Blu-Ray Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $64.99 (You Save 64%)
    • Yu Yu Hakusho (all four Classics Blu-ray sets)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Still "No L" Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $40.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (S.A.V.E.), Utawarerumono (S.A.V.E.), Gun x Sword (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!

Some highlights of the current Weekly Specials (not mentioned above)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='roger watersmelon']Well, as we reach the end of another great year-end sale at Right Stuf, I have a couple of final questions for people as I look to finish my last purchase.

1) Does anyone else have an opinion about Kobato? I know somebody already said that it was "average but still enjoyable," but after a quick scan for reviews, I'm finding it difficult to find anyone that hasn't rated it extremely highly.

2) What do you think the chance are of finding Chrono Crusade for cheaper than $20 at some point next year? I don't need to be sold on the show (I bought each volume on day one), It's a gift for someone that I won't need until next December.

3) Are there any other deals that are simply too good to pass up? Other than Clannad, Now and Then Here and There, Cromartie High, and Tears to Tiara.[/QUOTE]

I think that was me with the average but enjoyable comment about Kobato. I thought Kobato was good, but it's not anything that hasn't been done before in terms of core plot. If you are a fan of Clamp shows in particular, you'll really like it. I'm kind of a sucker for these types of shows, so I'm a bit biased.

For Chrono, if you can get it for

[quote name='UmbreonMessiah']Anyone know how much longer they'll keep sale prices?[/QUOTE]

right from the first post

11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011

Though it is likely they might extend it.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Well, as we reach the end of another great year-end sale at Right Stuf, I have a couple of final questions for people as I look to finish my last purchase.

1) Does anyone else have an opinion about Kobato? I know somebody already said that it was "average but still enjoyable," but after a quick scan for reviews, I'm finding it difficult to find anyone that hasn't rated it extremely highly.

2) What do you think the chance are of finding Chrono Crusade for cheaper than $20 at some point next year? I don't need to be sold on the show (I bought each volume on day one), It's a gift for someone that I won't need until next December.

3) Are there any other deals that are simply too good to pass up? Other than Clannad, Now and Then Here and There, Cromartie High, and Tears to Tiara.[/QUOTE]

I also enjoyed Kobato. But still think the $37.99 is still a little much for it. If it was $20 I'll probably have picked it up. I've also been trying to avoid dvd pick-ups so only going with anime on blu. Makes it so only the really awesome titles would be the one I picked up on dvd.

Sora no Woto, and most the NIS America dvd's are the ones that I have been hesitating on getting from this sale, but I enjoyed most the titles NISA licensed. But those ones aren't good value :(. Will wait for further drops on those before picking it up.

I also held off on Air because I am hoping they would release the blu's on that.

My pickings:
Bocano blu
MM! I know it'll never be released on Blu :p
Rideback blu
Gai-Rei Zero blu
Tears to Tiara blu
Xamd blu
Soul Eater blu
FLCL blu
High school of the dead Blu
My Bride is a Mermaid DVD (Too good of a price for a pretty new release)
Bamboo Blade DVD (also good price and seems like it was recommended by someone here)
One Piece

Wanted but held off:
Sora no Wota
Air
Dance in the Vampire Bund Blu
Kobato
Durrarra
Allison to Lilia
Kampfer
Maid Sama
Nyan Koi
Our Home's Fox Deity DVD Holiday Bundle (S) Premium Edition
Pandora Hearts
Rental Magica DVD Holiday Bundle (S)
ROD blu
Samurai Harem (Asu no Yoichi) DVD Complete Collection (S)
Toradora! DVD 1 Reg. Ed. + DVD 2 Premium Ed. (S) Bundle

I have the same general "blu only" philosophy, but have violated it quite a bit recently. Allison to Lilia totally sucks, don't waste any money on it. Kampfer also sucks. Then again you do have MM! up there, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucked. It's meh-quality though.

Bamboo Blade is awesome, especially at that price. Wish I got it that cheap myself. I'm glad someone other than me thought that there was something good about Rideback.

I did a tally of all the anime I bought in the last two months....$525. Way too much!! I should've held off on the stuff released this year. I'm sure next Xmas it would've been cheaper =\

[quote name='starkillr']I have the same general "blu only" philosophy, but have violated it quite a bit recently. Allison to Lilia totally sucks, don't waste any money on it. Kampfer also sucks. Then again you do have MM! up there, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucked. It's meh-quality though.

Bamboo Blade is awesome, especially at that price. Wish I got it that cheap myself. I'm glad someone other than me thought that there was something good about Rideback.

I did a tally of all the anime I bought in the last two months....$525. Way too much!! I should've held off on the stuff released this year. I'm sure next Xmas it would've been cheaper =\[/QUOTE]

As far as harem animes go I though kampfer was pretty good and I liked MM! almost as much. Thats my opinion anyway, to each his own.

[quote name='starkillr']I did a tally of all the anime I bought in the last two months....$525. Way too much!! I should've held off on the stuff released this year. I'm sure next Xmas it would've been cheaper =\[/QUOTE]

I have you beat, but I also sold Negima! for $150. And technically, I haven't been charged for a lot of it, cause a lot of stuff hasn't been released. And I sold my YYH DVDs, and a few other less impressive stuff.

Ok, MM! did have some hilarious moments...especially when there was that one DBZ parody. I just didn't like the story and the particular stereotypes they used for the women. Felt old.

I guess I'll be passing on the ROD BD set then.

Picked up Trigun: Badlands Rumble BD, Baccano BD, Bamboo Blade, and the Dragon Ball bundle.

That's $16.25 per set. No, I really don't see them getting any more than $1-2 cheaper than that. If you want it you might as well jump on it.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']thinking about pulling the trigger on the yu yu hakusho complete collection for $65. Is it worth it? Will this show get any cheaper in the future?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and yes.

It's not the greatest show in the world. Think Bleach and Dragonball. However, I'll admit to marathoning the whole series in less than a week (summer break while I was in school).

[quote name='elessar123']Yes, and yes.

It's not the greatest show in the world. Think Bleach and Dragonball. However, I'll admit to marathoning the whole series in less than a week (summer break while I was in school).[/QUOTE]

Bleach is a good way to describe it, if you disect the show you will find that they are pretty similar. Yuyu hakusho is alittle dated when seen next to bleach but I actually prefer it to bleach.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Bleach is a good way to describe it, if you disect the show you will find that they are pretty similar. Yuyu hakusho is alittle dated when seen next to bleach but I actually prefer it to bleach.[/QUOTE]

Well, Kubo Tite did say he took inspiration from Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragonball. As far as characters go, I like Yu Yu Hakusho's more. But I like the earlier Bleach more, up until Hueco Mundo.

I loke yu yu hakusho (and I did get it, just received a few of my orders today
IMAG0027.jpg

My bro is still bitching about me misplacing all the manga covers...

[quote name='wasabi5858']I loke yu yu hakusho (and I did get it, just received a few of my orders today
IMAG0027.jpg

My bro is still bitching about me misplacing all the manga covers...[/QUOTE]

My order from Nov. 23 still hasn't shipped yet; they seem to be taking forever to get another shipment of Angel Beats. Did you happen to get the Funimation Tote bag with the Yu Yu Hakusho Blurays?

[quote name='RavenousBear'] Did you happen to get the Funimation Tote bag with the Yu Yu Hakusho Blurays?[/QUOTE]

I did. It is thinner than my t-shirt... I was hoping I can use it for toting manga around to manga rental place but the store give me way better bag than this tote.

Instead of getting Kobato, I decided to put that money on Ga-Rei Zero and Bamboo Blade. I think I still want to get Kobato at some point, but $40 is just a bit too much right now.

Here's what I picked up from the sale this year:
Clannad, Collection 1&2
Clannad After Story, Collection 1&2
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 11
Tenchi in Tokyo
Special A, Collection 1&2
Nanaka 6/17
Soul Eater 8
Pumpkin Scissors (gift)
Last Exile (gift)
Ga-Rei Zero
Bamboo Blade
Haruhi-Chan 5

Hey guys this is not a rightstuf deal but funimationchannel.com is having a great sale right now. Its b1g1 free save titles. Plus a $10 off code G2OKBHF4F

[quote name='wasabi5858']I did. It is thinner than my t-shirt... I was hoping I can use it for toting manga around to manga rental place but the store give me way better bag than this tote.[/QUOTE]

I got mine from the Chaos;head/Baccano!/Gantz pack. I was hoping to use it as a shopping bag, but it's thin AND tiny.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Hey guys this is not a rightstuf deal but funimationchannel.com is having a great sale right now. Its b1g1 free save titles. Plus a $10 off code G2OKBHF4F[/QUOTE]
Dude, sweet deals. Rock on. :D Thank you very much for sharing this!

How long do you lot think it will be until we see a deal on Darker Than Black season 2? It's annoying having the first without the second >_> lol

Also I should probably mention this the B1G1 free save the price you will end up with is the original MSRP. For Example:
I bought Tsubasa season 1 which is $34.98 MRSP but sale price is $22. I got Tsubasa Season 2 for free but the total is still $34.98 instead of $22. Subtract $10 and $24.98

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']^Np :)
Anyways I ended up getting Tsubasa 1 and 2 for around $25[/QUOTE]

Heroic Age and Devil May Cry blu-ray here I come!!!!

Can we use the coupon on more than one order?

I have to stop...

Edit: Answer is no. It seems the coupon can only be used once per account.

Damn it, SpartenOmega117. Why the heck did you have to put a gun to my head and make me spend more money? What did I ever do to you?

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Edit: Answer is no. It seems the coupon can only be used once per account[/QUOTE]

Check out as guest? I didn't make an account.

[quote name='elessar123']Check out as guest? I didn't make an account.[/QUOTE]

!!!

Oh no... I cannot unread that!

That ten dollar coupon was great for my order. Two bloo sets for $25. That's tough to beat except the fact that my picks don't have stellar reviews.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']!!!

Oh no... I cannot unread that!

That ten dollar coupon was great for my order. Two bloo sets for $25. That's tough to beat except the fact that my picks don't have stellar reviews.[/QUOTE]

what did you order?

I caved and grabbed Soul Eater from rightstuf :/ lol I just topped it off with the 2 volumes of Claymore Manga I was missing and now FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO MOAR MONEYZ ON ANIMU!!! lol :3

looks like the coupon code expired. If it works for anyone I highly recommend Case Closed! Its not a save title but the sets are still on sale for $15. So buy season 2 and 3. Total = $30. Then use $10 off code (If it works) and get both sets for $20. Unbelievable deal! Each set will be $10 each. I would be all over this if I didn't already own them.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Hey guys this is not a rightstuf deal but funimationchannel.com is having a great sale right now. Its b1g1 free save titles. Plus a $10 off code G2OKBHF4F[/QUOTE]

Woulda been useful if didn't already order Tsubasa S1/S2 on Blu from Rightstuf already fuck my luck.

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, I have to know: Why are so many people buying Bamboo Blade? Is it that good? :???:[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but because of your post, I went and did some search on it. Girls + Kendo, what's not to like?

"some fight for honor, they fight for sushi!"

Purchased :)

thanks!

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']what did you order?[/QUOTE]

I purchased Heroic Age and Devil May Cry, both on blu-ray. $12.50 a set is great!

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, I have to know: Why are so many people buying Bamboo Blade? Is it that good? :???:[/QUOTE]
I checked it out and it was a pretty decently reviewed show. It looks like it's a character-based comedy that just happens to be in the setting of a Kendo club. Honestly though, what put me over the edge was the $12.99 price tag. This show was originally sold in Funi's ususal 2 disc Part 1 and Part 2 sets. At this price it would put those at around $6.50/set. I'd think that a show would have to be pretty terrible in order for me to feel cheated at that price.

Now that I think about it, that price point drove an awful lot of my anime sales for both Right Stuf and Deep Discount recently.

@Rogue Leader: It doesn't, at least not for me. I entered it and it said it was expired. Without that extra $10, I'm not feeling this sale (although to be honest, I also already own a large chunk of those shows in their non-SAVE format).

It says the coupon is expired, and when I add two of the buy one get one's it doesnt day one off.

Ok: figured out how to get the B1G1 but still cant get the coupon to work, anyone else having trouble?

[quote name='Rogueleader17']It says the coupon is expired, and when I add two of the buy one get one's it doesnt day one off.[/QUOTE]

When you add one, a window should pop up asking you if you want to use sale price, or MSRP to get a second title of equal/less value free. If you're adding two things to your cart directly, it probably will bypass that.

And I think someone did say the coupon expired.

[quote name='Easystride']Ordered One Piece Collection 1 & 2. Such a long series that those two collections are hardly a scratch in the surface.[/QUOTE]

At least 20 Box sets if they keep doing them with about the same amount of eps. Plus the show is still going strong. I'll have to set aside a shelf for when they all finally come out.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']At least 20 Box sets if they keep doing them with about the same amount of eps. Plus the show is still going strong. I'll have to set aside a shelf for when they all finally come out.[/QUOTE]
Yea, at least they take up less room than the Voyages I guess.

bread's done
Back