RIP Steve Jobs OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='maklershed']
universe.gif
[/quote]

lmao!!!!!!!! :rofl:

[quote name='Maklershed']EDIT: Zachary Quinto is gay? Not that it matters. My gaydar must be broken - it hadn't even occured to me he was gay ... or that my best friend in high school was gay for that matter.[/QUOTE]
It's the eyebrows.

:whistle2:( @ the rain we had today that would've been snow if it were at least 10 degrees colder outside. I don't want to see snow for at least a few more weeks.

I always hated peas as a kid because we always had canned peas that were really soupy. Not long after discovering frozen sweet peas my opinion of them changed.

You know, I have to admit I was apprehensive about coming in to work at 11:00pm, but I could ge used to this. It's so quiet, and I think I made a new friend with the security guard who grilled me about what I was doing here...Glad he didnt need to strip search.

I'm almost finished all my paperwork, and now I just have to sit and babysit the India team for the next 8 hours. I brought my 3DS and am playing some Donkey Kong Jr. right now.

[quote name='Number83']You know, I have to admit I was apprehensive about coming in to work at 11:00pm, but I could ge used to this. It's so quiet, and I think I made a new friend with the security guard who grilled me about what I was doing here...Glad he didnt need to strip search.

I'm almost finished all my paperwork, and now I just have to sit and babysit the India team for the next 8 hours. I brought my 3DS and am playing some Donkey Kong Jr. right now.[/QUOTE]

I've always been super tempted to bring my :ds: into work during one of my night shifts but I'm always afraid one of my coworkers is going to rat me out or complain to management. I'm always the first one popping out of my chair when work or specimens arrive though. It's more of a perception thing.

Even though no one complains about people sitting and doing the crossword, or talking on the phone in vietnamese all night.

[quote name='eldergamer']I've always been super tempted to bring my :ds: into work during one of my night shifts but I'm always afraid one of my coworkers is going to rat me out or complain to management. I'm always the first one popping out of my chair when work or specimens arrive though. It's more of a perception thing.

Even though no one complains about people sitting and doing the crossword, or talking on the phone in vietnamese all night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would feel funny bringing games into work during the day. But since it's just me right now, I figure why not.

I even cranked the volume up. :D

[quote name='Number83']Nice! Any penalty minutes?[/QUOTE]

Not for me. Our team had 3. Better than last week.

I'm a ref so I know the limit of what I can do without getting called, and the things I can do when no one's looking;)

edit - there's a lot to be said for standing in place and not moving when you're in the other team's blue line and they've got the puck. Make them skate through you. If you're good at standing your ground, they get stopped and you didn't hit them. Also if you're the person skating, skate hard and skate through the asshole standing there. You're not checking them, and if they pick the wrong place/time to pull that, they can get called for interference.

I wish I could skate...Number84 asks me all the time to take him. I still do, but I stand outside the rink and watch him flop around like a fish out of water. It's especially hard when he asks me for tips, which I am totally ignorant of. I just tell him not to fall down so much.

Same with skiing.

[quote name='Number83']I wish I could skate...Number84 asks me all the time to take him. I still do, but I stand outside the rink and watch him flop around like a fish out of water. It's especially hard when he asks me for tips, which I am totally ignorant of. I just tell him not to fall down so much.

Same with skiing.[/QUOTE]

Best 2 tips I can give - 1) push out with your legs, not straight back. Your legs should almost make a "C" motion. 2) is most important LOOK FORWARD NOT DOWN. If you look down, you'll go down. Keep your chin up and you'll stay up. I can bend down/forward all the way to put my hands on the ice while skating, but I need to keep my chin up and looking forward. If you look at the ice 5'-10' ahead of you, nothing will change by the time you're skating on top of it.

I need to leave work early today to get my car serviced. My windows quit working over the weekend and it's supposed to rain tomorrow. That wouldn't be a problem if one of them wasn't down when it decided to break. As fun as that was/will be to get fixed, I'm really looking forward to leaving work at 2.

[quote name='Eviltude']I need to leave work early today to get my car serviced. My windows quit working over the weekend and it's supposed to rain tomorrow. That wouldn't be a problem if one of them wasn't down when it decided to break. As fun as that was/will be to get fixed, I'm really looking forward to leaving work at 2.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible to just pull up the window? I remember my windows weren't working right in my old car for a while and the one got stuck in the down position. They pulled it up and I just never put that window back down while I drove that car.

I had a VW GTI-VR6 years ago, and after the damn windows broke for the 3rd time (and they are damned expensive to get fixed on a VW) I didn't get it fixed and just left it up. It was then that I really, really, really started hating that car. I suppose if I didn't have to stop at a gate each morning and open the door to show my badge, I'd have hated it a little less. That car died a fairly early death, and I didn't really mind.

Tried pulling the window up and it was locked in place. Got it fixed, along with a few new belts for ~$350.

Happy birthday, Mak.

Danke sir

[quote name='dallow']Is it just me, or does the OTT go much slower these days?
Happy belated birthday Mak![/QUOTE]

Thanks mang. While you're here - how do you clean your iPad? My screen has the lines of the inside of the magnetic cover and its bugging me.

I always have a quality microfiber cloth handy. Pefect screen in 5 seconds.
In a pinch, you can fold the cover into like a triangle shape, grip it, and use the little microfiber underside to squeegee it clean. :)

Only when going from Lifestyle forum to this OTT, I get kicked backed to the Lifestyle forum before the thread finishes loading. :/

Got Dead Island from Gamefly, hooray!

[quote name='Number83']Back at work...One night my A$$.[/QUOTE]

for a short period of time, like a few weeks, overnights aren't that bad. wouldn't wanna do it all the time, though.

[quote name='Chika']for a short period of time, like a few weeks, overnights aren't that bad. wouldn't wanna do it all the time, though.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...however, I was supposed to get out at 9am but didnt end up leaving until closer to 3pm. And since I worked last night, I got all my work done for the next few days. So tonight is just babysitting the India team, posting on CAG, playing my 3DS and continue to listen to my bad 80's soundtracks. Tonights feature is Back to School w/ Rodney Dangerfield.

Danny Elfman in Oingo Boingo? Yes, please.

I should have loaded World of Warcraft on my laptop and brought it with, but the last time I did that I got hacked.

[quote name='darthbudge']Woah! It's a rare Dallow in the OTT sighting.

What have you been up to man?[/QUOTE]

Working working working.
At least doing something decent now and learning a lot.

I think I had posted in here about losing my job a year ago, and picking up a job via some friends doing shitty, shitty "business to business" collections.
I absolutely hated that job, can't believe I was there just shy of a year, and the only good thing is that I eventually moved to a new internal position here where I no longer have to use the phone, deal with customers, and be micromanaged.

Now I have an office that I share instead of a 3 foot cubicle, multiple computers and am helping maintain a database, using SQL and programming VB everyday. Working a lot harder and longer, but worth it. Enjoy it so much more. I think I like having no set schedule or the need to clock in/report time best, ha.

So have been doing that for a few months now, and am taking classes again to finish my degree.

Haven't played games though. Like almost at all and have mostly kicked my habit of buying stuff on sale "just because".

[quote name='dallow']Working working working.
At least doing something decent now and learning a lot.

I think I had posted in here about losing my job a year ago, and picking up a job via some friends doing shitty, shitty "business to business" collections.
I absolutely hated that job, can't believe I was there just shy of a year, and the only good thing is that I eventually moved to a new internal position here where I no longer have to use the phone, deal with customers, and be micromanaged.

Now I have an office that I share instead of a 3 foot cubicle, multiple computers and am helping maintain a database, using SQL and programming VB everyday. Working a lot harder and longer, but worth it. Enjoy it so much more. I think I like having no set schedule or the need to clock in/report time best, ha.

So have been doing that for a few months now, and am taking classes again to finish my degree.

Haven't played games though. Like almost at all and have mostly kicked my habit of buying stuff on sale "just because".[/QUOTE]

omg, it's a dallow!

[quote name='seanr1221']50.00 in Reward Zone certificates?

I'll take Batmang, please.[/QUOTE]

Did you do the 5/$100 offer? Wasn't that part of the pre-order list too?

[quote name='Number83']Did you do the 5/$100 offer? Wasn't that part of the pre-order list too?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

I'm actually getting 8 of the eligible games.

Gears, Rage, Batman, Battlefield, CoD, Skyrim, Saint's Row and the gf got Just Dance.

I love having a birthday in the fall :)

Hey Dallow, I copied what you did in Tiny Tower and organized all my businesses by color and put the apartments at the top. Good idea.

Not today, but tempted to get it this week from Kmart. Was thinking originally of just getting it for Christmas though. We'll see.

I've got it coming from YF360G... it said release date delivery on their site but I don't really trust it.

I'd ask you if you're so confident because you've been working on the game, but I guess you can't answer.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Today. For once, the reviews don't lie and I say that with complete confidence.[/QUOTE]

And why should we trust a SneakyPenguin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back