Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

That's what I think KingBroly. It's ridiculous to pay that much for a game but never the less one of my friends is obsessed with it and wants me to get a ps3 so we can split the cost even though I already gots a 360. (And hate Ps3)

Someone kindly answer this question for me: Does the 360 version they had up on Amazon have a wireless guitar? I haven't kept up on the Rock Band news, but put my order in queue anyway.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Someone kindly answer this question for me: Does the 360 version they had up on Amazon have a wireless guitar? I haven't kept up on the Rock Band news, but put my order in queue anyway.[/QUOTE]

It was my understanding that the 360 version that was up were wired guitars, and the PS3 version were wireless. That's the main reason I didn't get in on the preorder.

the amazon details are skimpy... but since this wont ship til late NOV you have plenty of time to change it/cancel/wait for more details

[quote name='heavy liquid']It was my understanding that the 360 version that was up were wired guitars, and the PS3 version were wireless. That's the main reason I didn't get in on the preorder.[/quote]

The speculation is that the because the guitars cost $20.00 more on the 360 it will have wireless guitars as well

So totally doesn't seem worth it to me... $200 is ridiculous, especially considering all the other games coming out right in that time frame. 4 approx. $50 games > 1 $200 game.

[quote name='gamcreator']I just turned on my 360 and the middle light with the power icon is flashing green. I can't open my DVD tray either. Has anyone experienced this before, and how did you fix it. Thanks![/quote]
It might not be on. The middle green light that flashes indicates that its downloading while in standby mode.

EDIT: TO ANYONE READING THIS THAT WAS ON THE ROCK BAND AMAZON TREAD: Sorry merged threads incorrectly, my first fuck up as a mod. Looking to see if there's a way to undo this.

[quote name='CheapyD']If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)[/quote]
Back in stock at Amazon at the time of this post...

Also by looking at the picture they now have the XBOX 360 version looks like they have a wireless guitar too now... Don't know for sure though

I really hope this isn't final price I really hope it's liek 150 even 179.99 at top. I really want this ,but 200 is so much to drop.

[quote name='Patriot']Nope, just saw this:

Product Features

* Includes software, wired guitar, drums, mic[/quote]

damn

[quote name='Patriot']Nope, just saw this:

Product Features

* Includes software, wired guitar, drums, mic[/quote] This is so stupid Wired guitar , if this is true I guess I most likely wont be getting this pack.

Still no confirmation about the wireless guitar on the 360 (and the $20 premium for a wireless guitar on the 360). I think CheapyD was supposed to check because I did point it out in the old thread.

I'm hoping it's not true, otherwise Microsoft can suck it.

There are also separate listings for all the instruments and game itself, with there being no listing for a wired guitar. I can't imagine that the bundle would be the only place to get the wired guitar, since the people shelling out that much cash up front would be the ones that wouldn't want the wired guitar.

Yep. I signed up to get an email notice when it was available for pre-order it again and got an email this morning. Placed an order for the 360 version as soon as I saw the email.

[quote name='Bazz']This is so stupid Wired guitar , if this is true I guess I most likely wont be getting this pack.[/quote]

EB's listing shows a wired guitar with the 360 pack as well.

This is rubbish. I might just buy the Guitar Hero III bundle and then get the rock band pieces separate. Or I'll get the PS3 bundle (although I'd never have anyone to play with :cry:)

[quote name='lordwow']So... if I get the GHII wired guitar... do I just not buy this whole bundle because it has a guitar?[/QUOTE]

I want the RB guitar just because of the five extra frets ;)

I'm still very annoyed about the whole 360-wired situation... I'd love a final confirmation either way.

We need a place your bets thread for this game on...

- How much the peripherals cost seperately
- How much each box weighs
- Over/Under GHIII sales

I think the 360 one is gonna be wired to keep it cheaper. Microsoft lived by their wireless solution and it may end up costing them.

Alright, I preordered for now, but I may cut it later depending on the info that comes out about it between now and Nov.

Gah, I still don't know whether to swing PS3 or 360. If the 360 special edition packed a wireless guitar, I'd go that way, but right now PS3 looks like the one I want.

Edit: Ok, I'm going wireless (PS3) for now. Hope I made the right choice...

Cool, preordered. I was kicking myself for missing it the first time (I'm a dumbass who has to "think". Don't think, CLICK!)

If I want to change my mind, I can always cancel before November anyways, so no harm no fowl.

Also pre-ordered, I'm undecided on whether I want a wired or wireless guitar so I'll have to wait and see which is included in the bundle.

I forsee this blowing up in Harmonix's face. I'm sure the package will sell well, but I think most people will wait and buy a game/guitar package, leaving the online community serverly overpopulated with people wanting to just play the guitar. Even if it only sells just the package, I think most people, and I say most, not all, will want to be the guitar player. It's a neat idea, I just don't think it will work out they way they wanted.

I pre-ordered the bundle as soon as it went up at Amazon (thanks OP), but the possibility of the guitar being wired is really starting to bother me. Making the bundled guiatr wired would be incredibly counter-intuitive, and would provide no real incentive for buying the bundle.

How big must this bundle be?!
I preordered it, but I'm kinda scared that it is going to arrive broken or something.
The UPS man that comes to my work always laughs because of how badly the UPS warehouse treats our packages, as they arrive with holes in them and crud! I hope they have some sort of return policy.

[quote name='McNutsack']How big must this bundle be?!
I preordered it, but I'm kinda scared that it is going to arrive broken or something.
The UPS man that comes to my work always laughs because of how badly the UPS warehouse treats our packages, as they arrive with holes in them and crud! I hope they have some sort of return policy.[/quote]
Yes! Amazon has a WONDERFUL return policy- they pay the return shipping fees if it wasn't your fault.

"Even if it only sells just the package, I think most people, and I say most, not all, will want to be the guitar player. It's a neat idea, I just don't think it will work out they way they wanted."

I don't think so, I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't want to play the drums. I think the drum kit is going to end up being impossible to get, maybe even the microphone because I can see them producing less of them.

I really hope they work out this issue of the 360 wireless guitar costing more money. I have a PS3 but even aside from achievements, I don't know *anyone* who has a PS3 and the online is awful. I'd much much rather get it on 360, even if it means paying a little extra.

Part of me wants this right away, the other tells me this game could end up unable to dethrone the juggernaut that is Guitar Hero, and then I'd be able to catch it on-the-cheap by Spring, plus, I don't want another wired guitar and don't have a PS3 yet. I really want to play drums though! Decisions decisions. If I order now when's the latest I can cancel?

[quote name='contej85']If I order now when's the latest I can cancel?[/quote]

I believe you can cancel within a day before Amazons release date.
I'd do it a week or so ahead.

[quote name='McNutsack']I believe you can cancel within a day before Amazons release date.
I'd do it a week or so ahead.[/quote]

Ordered. Though if they don't get a wireless guitar into the 360 bundle, I could see that breaking the deal for me. Make it happen guys!

[quote name='cycophuk']I forsee this blowing up in Harmonix's face. I'm sure the package will sell well, but I think most people will wait and buy a game/guitar package, leaving the online community serverly overpopulated with people wanting to just play the guitar. Even if it only sells just the package, I think most people, and I say most, not all, will want to be the guitar player. It's a neat idea, I just don't think it will work out they way they wanted.[/quote]
I thought most would want to paly the Drums.

I think I'm going to buy things piece by piece, for instance.. my guitar Hero Guitar 3 guitar will work with this game, hopefully the singstar mics will work w/ the game as well, and I could just buy the game and the drum... I think I'd come out good like that.

Asked in the GH3 thread, but mebbe someone here would know:

On a side note: They said the GH2 (and I assume 3) controllers will work with RB, but that obviously you would have to stay up top for solos, not go to the new lower frets, and also no effect switch. Is there confirmation, however, of the other way around? Will I be able to use my RB guitar as a second for GH2/3?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Asked in the GH3 thread, but mebbe someone here would know:

On a side note: They said the GH2 (and I assume 3) controllers will work with RB, but that obviously you would have to stay up top for solos, not go to the new lower frets, and also no effect switch. Is there confirmation, however, of the other way around? Will I be able to use my RB guitar as a second for GH2/3?[/quote]

I think we all want to know this considering that the rock band guitars seem to be the best ones.

I jumped on this, to many of my friends are planning to buy 360s for this game to not get it and be sure I can get some drums.

Well, I bit on this one today when I saw it was back up. As it was stated before you can always cancel the order if something better comes up and at least you are price protected too via Amazon. Cheapy has a good point about the possible holiday shortage of this type of item. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I just hope I can sneak this by the wife... ;)

Thanks again, Cheapy!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I just hope I can sneak this by the wife... ;)

Thanks again, Cheapy![/quote]You ain't sneaking those drums by anyone! ;)

Any 'gamer' type who thinks they have the general public's reaction to this game pinned down is delusional and incredibly myopic. (Really, that's all most will need to read to get offended.) And probably between 12 and 21 years of age. ('Cause you guys are granted temporary omniscience!) We can't even begin to guess how people are going to react to the potentially cost-prohibitive nature of starting a 'band', and how many people will, for better or worse, just decide to stick with their music game 'comfort food', i.e. Guitar Hero III. In short, we can't get outside our frame of reference here, which is not needed for figuring whether Persona 3 is going to be the next mass market hit or if Madden 08 will become a niche title. This is a game with a ton of possible outcomes and a very flexible future, it seems.

Also, even if cost isn't an issue, getting the right combination of people together for the purpose of making music ain't easy. This game will bring out the clashing egos. Actually, I see a lot of bickering amongst the 18-and-under set about who does what (the younger, the worse), the group I think will easily have the biggest slice of this game's demographic pie chart. Is that a fun experience, everyone always wanting to do everything but what they're assigned? 'Cause you know how kids are.

I'm not rooting against Rock Band, per se, but I really dread thinking about the toxically obnoxious 'cute' YouTube videos and kids who forsake playing real music together that are both surefire byproducts of this game's existence. I think rock would be much better off if half the people into mimicking others' songs on--let's face it--toys, actually applied themselves to the real thing. And before you even say it, no, that just doesn't happen. The kid that graduates from his plastic, four-buttoned guitar to a real one--with any sort of dedication--is the distinct exception. It all seems to contribute to a mentality where no one can really 'rock out' without winking at what they're doing. "Hey, I like to have fun, but I can't take this geezer shit seriously!" These games, as much as they introduce great music to new generations**, make that same music safe for the family living room. And that ain't fucking rock and/or roll.

Lastly, there's no accounting for taste and no accounting for the mass market's fickle zeitgeist. We might be mere months away from music games being "So 2007." Who knows? Not you. Not me.

*--And this not currently being on the Wii hurts its potential, of course. You wanna talk about a crowd that would buy it without a second thought....

**--It's kind of like the difference between classic rock/metal and Jack Black demonstrating his love for them: the latter, while very sincere and not without talent, makes the whole thing look silly and cuddly, even if that angle is what ultimately makes the rock palatable to, you know, people who have not an ounce of rock in their souls whatsoever.

bread's done
Back