Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Holy shizzy the Lips wireless mic works with GH Metallica and Rock Band 2. That is about the best news I have heard on these games in a bit. I was wondering when they were gonna work that out. So is this for sure or rumored. Plus that Toby Keith pack is gonna be awesome.

[quote name='sociopharm02']Holy shizzy the Lips wireless mic works with GH Metallica and Rock Band 2. That is about the best news I have heard on these games in a bit. I was wondering when they were gonna work that out. So is this for sure or rumored. Plus that Toby Keith pack is gonna be awesome.[/quote]

They only work with GH: Metallica right now like bardockkun confirmed, and RB 2 in the summer. Major Nelson also corrected himself to say the same - http://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1447579369

One thing about the Lips mics I noticed with Metallica, is if you have any extra mics. for backup there is major feedback from it.

Terrible, terrible week. It's getting to the point where I won't even care to check what DLC came out anymore.

[quote name='Corvin']It was an off-the-cuff comment for joke purposes. :) Bush was alright but the way I see how music has progressed since the early nineties is kinda like the movie Multiplicity. It just gets dumber and dumber as it goes.

Go with me on this one:
PJ, AIC, Nirvana, STP & Soundgarden(Seattle)* spawn acts like >> Bush & Silverchair** which in turn spawn >> Creed*** which leads us to today and >> Nickelback****

*Doug
**competent clone of Doug but still not as good as the original
***sensitive clone of Doug
****childish and mildly-retarded clone of Doug

No offense to anyone who likes these acts. All in good fun and just a fun analogy to toss out there.

Speaking of, personally I love Silverchair, but I'm not deaf. If you listen to those first few albums they were essentially PJlite. They have actually turned themselves into quite decent artists (although I've always enjoyed them). Young Modern(2007) was an incredible album.[/quote]

Wow, glad I checked back in on this since it has sparked a bit of discussion. I can appreciate what Pearl Jam did (personally, I feel they're indebted to Nirvana though...who was superior). Your "Michael Keaton Theory" definitely holds water though, as most of what you said was accurate. But I'll say, in 1993, I was 11, and Pearl Jam just didn't have the appeal to me that Nirvana did. As I got older, I could enjoy them more, but they still just didn't draw me in past their big hits: Even Flow, Jeremy, Alive...and even Black, which is a song that I love.

But when Bush came along, they took a formula that was rough and messy, and made it a bit more coherent. I don't think Bush is better than Nirvana in any way, but their songs definitely hit home with me far more than Pearl Jam. I can appreciate Pearl Jam melodically, but hearing Eddie slur his way through a song like a drunken lunatic never did much for me. I'm a singer/songwriter, so lyrics tend to be a big deal for me. I'll just leave it at that though, as not to upset the balance here. But it's just my opinion and personal preference.

That's just it n8rockerasu, Pearl Jam was doing everything in their power around 94 to not be famous and avoid the mainstream success. That's where Bush and Silverchair were more than happy to fill the void.

As for the PJ/Nirvana debate, of course Nirvana was bigger, but for whatever reason Vedder and PJ's style was easier to rip off. Like I said, I don't have a problem with Bush or Silverchair, both have some great albums(and I'd buy both in RB) I just think the the further we get from that original Seattle sound of the early nineties the more derivative it becomes.

Does anyone but me miss the first year of Rock Band? Like, 2008? Back then half the fun of the game was wondering what DLC would come out the next week, because it was almost always either A) A really fun song to play, B) a really well-known, classic song, or C) something new, fun, and popular enough that everyone you would play with would know it.

But now, IDK, everything that comes out just seems...less stellar? Which I guess is expected, after going a year straight with pretty solid releases every week. But the last thing I bought before the Journey song this week was...the Killers pack, I think.

Obviously different strokes for different folks, yeah, but I was wondering if anyone else felt that the "DLC spark" has kind of faded.

Hell no. I'm just as excited to learn what's coming out next week as I've ever been.

2009 as a whole has been GREAT for DLC. Some off weeks, sure, but overall really solid IMO.

Maybe it's because I have a lot of DLC that keeps me always interested, I dunno.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Does anyone but me miss the first year of Rock Band? Like, 2008? Back then half the fun of the game was wondering what DLC would come out the next week, because it was almost always either A) A really fun song to play, B) a really well-known, classic song, or C) something new, fun, and popular enough that everyone you would play with would know it. [/QUOTE]
Back in the day where there would be about a dozen "where the fuck are full albums, need them now now now now" bitching posts per week? No thanks.

I can appreciate what Pearl Jam did (personally, I feel they're indebted to Nirvana though.)

whoa whoa whoa what...I hope you don't mean stylistically?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']NOT EVEN! Sixteen Stone > Ten. And this is coming from someone who purchased the Ten DLC. But RB is in serious need of some Bush. And GenghisJohn...how could you forget Comedown?[/QUOTE]

actually, just don't speak to me about music ever :lol:

:shock: The Shins? I'll pick that up for sure. I was hoping they would come out with some of their recent stuff, but their first album was great too although I haven't listened to it nearly as much as Chutes Too Narrow and Wincing the Night Away.

I ended up grabbing "The Best Day Ever". Not sure why, I guess I just wanted to grab a song my sister would like. It's pretty funny and seemed like the best of the 3 Spongebob songs. I bought this after already grabbing the Journey and Von Bondis songs a few days ago. Great DLC week for me and next week will make me grab The Shins and at least one Toby Keith song (probably "I Love This Bar"). I stil haven't grabbed any of the Pearl Jam DLC even though I do want Even Flow and Jeremy at least. I'm having a hard time resisting a lot of these songs, so I don't think there has been any sort of drop off in DLC. A lot of people want specific bands, though, instead of songs that are fun to play for a lot of people, so people will continue to complain and be dissappointed. I think I'm getting near 250 songs total, so I need to stop.

[quote name='Malik112099']Ten helped shape a genre. Sixteen Stone was just a good album.[/QUOTE]

Well put. You managed to put into two sentences more than what I said in two wordy posts. :lol:

Every week I'm either excited about the DLC that comes out, or relieved that I get to save my points. Nothing to complain about here. :D

Some people just need more patience and perspective. We just got "Ten" for cryin' out loud... people have been itching for that one since the day they first heard about RB1 and already people are like "maaaan i dunno man the DLC just isn't as good as it used to be man"

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I thought it was okay, but not on par with Appetite or either Use Your Illusion.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much this. It's ok but doesn't hold a candle to the old stuff. I'll cherry pick a few songs, maybe even several songs, but 1600 is kind of steep for an album I'm not entirely enthralled with.

After some perspective for a few months I'd say it was a VERY good album but like others have already mentioned it's not quite as good as the Use Your Illusions and it's nowhere close to Appetite. I still listen to it from time to time but I don't think it will ever achieve "classic" status.

I thought the new Guns & Roses was good, but it really isn't a Guns & Roses album... it's more like a highly produced (some say overly produced) Axl Rose album.

It's good for what it is, but it makes no sense to compare it to other GnR because it frankly isn't GnR.

I'll get the title track and maybe a couple others.

Trash, X, and I are in for the full album. I have been so jazzed for this shit since they announced it. Hopefully it is as fun as I think it will be.

Even though I'm not exactly a fan of the album, I can tell that I'll at least dig the songs on Rock Band.

This is going to put me over 200 DLC songs, too :cool:

[quote name='pete5883']Jane's Addiction is going on tour in a couple weeks, no? Probably'll coincide with that.[/quote]
I Hope so. I Really hope the whole Warner wanting more for music usage fiasco didn't fuck up it's release because man I love that album (and band).

Man, I'm actually half-tempted to buy the full Chinese Democracy album, honestly.

It's a good album, i listen to it a lot. But it doesn't hold a candle to the classic GNR stuff.

If I get any GNR, I want Rocket Queen and Estranged...
Guess I'll take two or three off of this and be happy, if you prefer playing guitar on Rock Band, this album should be a challenge, the guitar work is pretty insane...
-Goatman

Chinese Democracy is a great album, these songs should be very challenging on RB and it'll be cool to see how some of the songs are broke down for the game. I'm down for the full album, but I'm looking forward to the most playing Better, IRS, Twat, and Rhiad.

I am so glad this Chinese Democracy is finally getting released. Hopefully this could lead to older GNR stuff, especially Appetite for Destruction. As it is, I can't wait to play Better and Riad.

I think I'll check out YouTube to see what the guitar tracks are like before buying. I haven't listened to the album, but I find if a song is fun to play on RB then I'm more inclined to listen to the music outside of the game. Weird, I think.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']If I get any GNR, I want Rocket Queen and Estranged...[/quote]
Estranged :drool: ... one of the best songs out there IMO.

Anyway, the new GNR is pretty good; I'm a huge fan of the Illusion albums since their songs were deeper than the Appetite stuff and I'd put it between those two albums. There are some songs on Democracy that are awesome, and some that make you raise an eyebrow and say "what the fuck?".

Not worth 1600 points, IMO.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Estranged :drool: ... one of the best songs out there IMO.

Anyway, the new GNR is pretty good; I'm a huge fan of the Illusion albums since their songs were deeper than the Appetite stuff and I'd put it between those two albums. There are some songs on Democracy that are awesome, and some that make you raise an eyebrow and say "what the fuck?".

Not worth 1600 points, IMO.[/quote]

While I love the CD album, there are a few songs like Madagasgar and This I Love, which are awesome songs but would be terribly boring to play.
I can't decide if I'll just pick the ones I want or if it'll be better(cheaper or equal) to getting the whole album.

bread's done
Back