Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Oh, forgot to mention it, but I do own the game now. :)

If anyone's looking for someone to play with, just let me know. Schedule's cramped right now, but in a week or two when the semester's over I should have a lot of free time.

I wonder if they ran into legal trouble with Nothings Shocking. It's the only way they could explain not releasing it outside the 6 month window they initial stated. Sucks because Nothings Shocking is fantastic and it'd be fun to play, that and I want to see how they chart the steel drums in "Jane Says".

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Even though I'm not exactly a fan of the album, I can tell that I'll at least dig the songs on Rock Band.

This is going to put me over 200 DLC songs, too :cool:[/quote]

I'm seriously not as hardcore as some of you guys. I have like 35 tracks of DLC. I'm sure that will change in the future...

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Oh, forgot to mention it, but I do own the game now. :)

If anyone's looking for someone to play with, just let me know. Schedule's cramped right now, but in a week or two when the semester's over I should have a lot of free time.[/quote]

I'd love to play, but sadly I never cand connect to Rock Central and I have no idea what's wrong.

I might pick up a few songs from GnR. I don't really play any of the guitar games any more. :p

And GS sent out some news on the Beatles pack:

[quote name='GameStop']The Limited Edition Premium Bundle will include The Beatles: Rock Band software; a Höfner Bass controller; The Beatles-inspired and Ludwig-branded Rock Band drums with classic pearl finish, a metal kick pedal and a vintage replica drumhead; plus a microphone with stand, as well as additional special content.[/quote]

Was just about to post that about the Beatles game. I'm curious to see how that drum set comes out, but I'm still thinking a guitar will be in there somewhere along with the bass (I really want a plastic Jaguar).

I just got Game Informer yesterday and it mentioned that there was a rumor we could see 2 vocalists so you can harmonize.

Who knows - could be cool if you have the talent to do it lol

Just picked up Chinese Democracy and I've already put in a good hour or so on guitar. The note charts, although ridiculous at some points (rightly so), are a lot of fun and I can really get into the songs. Since I don't like listening to the album I figured that playing them would hopefully be decent, but this DLC was actually a nice little surprise.

[quote name='bardockkun']Was just about to post that about the Beatles game. I'm curious to see how that drum set comes out, but I'm still thinking a guitar will be in there somewhere along with the bass (I really want a plastic Jaguar).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, WTF - for $250 it better have another guitar. Not that I really need more plastic guitars. But my son is just starting out his drumming career (he's 9 and started taking lessons in Jan) so he'll be thrilled with that drum setup. It if was just me I'd probably not get the bundle, but because of him I kind of have to ;). I may look into unloading some other stuff first. I just picked up the dirt cheap RB1 bundle from BBV ($55). So now I have RB2 and GHWT drums for the 360 and RB1 drums for the PS3 (and 3 guitars for PS3 and 2 for the 360). I was considering getting the Beatles one on PS3 just to spread it out a bit, but now that I have RB1 for PS3 I don't know which way to go. Maybe I can Cragislist those RB2 drums - never done that before though.

I need to hear more about compatibility of the Beatles game with DLC and other instruments (and vice versa) I guess before I decide much of anything. For example, if there is any compelling reason to play older DLC songs on the Beatles game (if that is even possible) then I'd want it on the 360 since that's where I've bought everything. If it is completely standalone or doesn't provide anything more than the RB2 experience with older songs, then it doesn't matter.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Just picked up Chinese Democracy and I've already put in a good hour or so on guitar. The note charts, although ridiculous at some points (rightly so), are a lot of fun and I can really get into the songs. Since I don't like listening to the album I figured that playing them would hopefully be decent, but this DLC was actually a nice little surprise.[/QUOTE]

The solos mang, the solos. This DLC is as fun as I thought it would be even though the solo's keep raping me.

Edit: It does kind of suck that Madagascar omits the film samples.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']
-post-
[/quote]

We may be in the same situation because I have several guitars and two sets of drums and now that I see what included in the Premium edition pack, I want it.

I want a dedicated bass controller since I gravitate more towards bass now then guitar. I saw pics of the Höfner Bass (the real one) and it looks so better then that Mad Catz Fender that is out.

Honestly jonathan, the bass controllers are a huge waste of money, atleast fake guitar wise. It's just a marketing ploy to get you to by the guitars just rebranded. Atleast with regards to the official Rock Band bass, you can't even correctly finger pick because whoever thought up splitting the strum bar in half forgot that the strum bar itself is pretty crappy and can't really be finger picked.

And not to play the elitist music snob, but you can buy a real life Hofner Violin Bass for cheaper than what I bet they'll charge for the fake one :/

[quote name='CombatCraig']I just got Game Informer yesterday and it mentioned that there was a rumor we could see 2 vocalists so you can harmonize.

Who knows - could be cool if you have the talent to do it lol[/QUOTE]Very curious as to how they would handle this. Maybe something similar to how the PS2 version of Guitar Hero World Tour was set up? In that game, when you were selecting band members, there was an "Add Vocalist" option assigned to the extra guitar buttons (since, I suppose, they assume most PS2 owners don't own a multitap). They even changed the guitar's pause menu to add extra options for the vocalist. Thus, there was no need to have an extra game controller in use for the mic.

Anyway, if they allowed for a second vocalist on the 360, I guess they'd have to do something similar, since you couldn't technically be using five controllers at once. Unless they still forced the controller/mic combo and just made you play with one less instrument, which would be lame.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Honestly jonathan, the bass controllers are a huge waste of money, atleast fake guitar wise. It's just a marketing ploy to get you to by the guitars just rebranded. Atleast with regards to the official Rock Band bass, you can't even correctly finger pick because whoever thought up splitting the strum bar in half forgot that the strum bar itself is pretty crappy and can't really be finger picked.

And not to play the elitist music snob, but you can buy a real life Hofner Violin Bass for cheaper than what I bet they'll charge for the fake one :/[/quote]

I'm just going to assume that Harmonix is going to develop and manufacture the bass guitar for this game and because of that it will be a better quality then the Mad Catz one which will warrent a purchase from me.

And no, I don't think I will find a Höfner bass for $70 bucks.

[quote name='jonathanp']

I want a dedicated bass controller since I gravitate more towards bass now then guitar. I saw pics of the Höfner Bass (the real one) and it looks so better then that Mad Catz Fender that is out.[/quote]
The Mad Catz bass isn't that BAD. It takes a bit to get use to, but once you get the hang of it, it feels natural. My only complaint is that overdrive tilt on those things are just stubborn as hell, but it feels better then the default Strat and once you play bass on it you can't go back to the Start.

[quote name='bardockkun']The Mad Catz bass isn't that BAD. It takes a bit to get use to, but once you get the hang of it, it feels natural. My only complaint is that overdrive tilt on those things are just stubborn as hell, but it feels better then the default Strat and once you play bass on it you can't go back to the Strat.[/quote]

I never said it was bad, only that If I had a choice between the two I'd go for the Höfner bass for pure aesthetic reasons and if the bass is Harmonix developed it may be of a better quality then the Mad Catz bass. The only reasons I haven't picked up the Mad Catz bass is because I don't want to pay $70 for it. I'd love a guitar bundle for this game because I don't need thee sets of drums in my place.

beatlesart.jpg

I Like it. I Like it alot.

I wonder if when we get the big Rock Band 2 patch if we'll finally be able to sing and play guitar at the same time; I found out today that Beer for My Horses actually has the technology in that song; it's the first song that has two different singers actually represented on screen (whose NOT the drummer), with the vocalist being Toby Keith and the guitarist playing at the same time while singing Willie Nelson's part.

Also Jonathan, you won't find one for $70, but you'll still find one for alot cheaper than the full band kit which is the only way that guitar is sold so far:

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-VB100-Series-II-Violin-Bass-?sku=512224

Now that I think about it, it almost seems like a given that Beatles RB will "officially" support a guitar/vocal combo for a single player (as opposed to adding a second player and just playing both parts yourself). That's, like, the very nature of the Beatles band configuration right there... and it would give even more of a reason for the mic stand that's included in the band kit. Plus it's the only way that the rumored multi-mic support could work.

Maybe this has already been explained and is old news to everyone already... but anyway that's my speculation on the matter!

So I picked up the Chinese Democracy DLC last night and was surprised on how challenging some if it is. Riad N the Bedouins is pretty tough. I'm real glad I bought the pack.

Solos in Chinese Democracy and the end of There was a Time are ridiculous.

Anyone who is looking for a challenge or likes Guns in the least should look into picking up at least a few songs from the album.

I grabbed up the Chinese Democracy album pack last night and man the solo on TWAT is insane at the end. Buckethead is a mad man

Im excited for the Beatles tracks. Im not sure If I should invest in their limited edition bundles though. I have the first rock band bundle, and wireless drums and guitars are enticing.

Was looking over a couple of tracks for Guitar Hero Smash Hits:

• Pantera - "Cowboys From Hell (Live)"
  • Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out"
  • Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
  • Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - "I Love Rock N' Roll"
  • Boston - "More Than A Feeling"
  • White Zombie - "Thunder Kiss '65"
  • Blue Oyster Cult - "Godzilla"
  • Helmet - "Unsung (Live)"
  • Queen - "Killer Queen"
  • Incubus - "Stellar"
  • Ozzy Osbourne - "Bark At The Moon"
  • Deep Purple - "Smoke On The Water"
  • The Donnas - "Take It Off"
  • The Exies - "Hey You"
Aside from "More Than a Feeling", which is already downloadable, I'd want to spend the money to download all these songs to Rock Band instead of spending that money on a throwaway Guitar Hero disc. :cry:

[quote name='bardockkun']Nothing's Shocking they've been pretty vague on details, but popular belief is that it's basically on indefinite hiatus for release because of the whole Warner Music wanting more money for their song's fiasco. Though we'll see. I'm hoping for it as well since I love Perry Farrell vocals.[/QUOTE]

This is from memory on the RB forums, as I'm not a Jane's Addiction fan - but I heard that anything where the deal was complete before this Warner blow-up will still be coming.

Checking Amazon, there is a Jane's Addiction box set coming out on the 21st, which is a Tuesday. I doubt we'll see back-to-back album releases, but maybe the following week the album will be out for Rock Band?

Still waiting for some Radiohead. Weird Fishes/Arpeggio and House of Cards for the win. I'll even take some Coldplay at this point. Though Incubus' "Stellar" would be pretty sweet.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Was looking over a couple of tracks for Guitar Hero Smash Hits:

• Queen - "Killer Queen"
  • Incubus - "Stellar"
  • The Exies - "Hey You"
Aside from "More Than a Feeling", which is already downloadable, I'd want to spend the money to download all these songs to Rock Band instead of spending that money on a throwaway Guitar Hero disc. :cry:[/quote]
no shit

[quote name='GodlyOne']Was looking over a couple of tracks for Guitar Hero Smash Hits:

• Queen - "Killer Queen"
  • Incubus - "Stellar"
  • The Exies - "Hey You"
Aside from "More Than a Feeling", which is already downloadable, I'd want to spend the money to download all these songs to Rock Band instead of spending that money on a throwaway Guitar Hero disc. :cry:[/QUOTE]yeah man I know what you mean. I was kinda enticed by the concept of Smash Hits, but then I realized I'd rather just wait and see if any of the songs become Rock Band DLC somewhere down the road. I wanna keep as much of my song library as I can on one game - the convenience of RB2 has spoiled me!

And I'll admit up front that I'll eat my words for the Beatles game - I'll go ahead and split the library for that one. (Or for all we know it might come with an import code like the AC/DC disc).

I remember seeing "No One Knows" on a rumored DLC list for Rock Band a while ago and hopefully it holds some validity cause that song seems like a great drum song to play. Though I don't know what the hell to do if I hear that "Knights of Cydonia" is going to be in Smash Hits.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Though I don't know what the hell to do if I hear that "Knights of Cydonia" is going to be in Smash Hits.[/QUOTE]gahhhhh now THAT would be a test of willpower!

I'm probably going to check out Smash Hits.

I've really been wanting the RB2 drum set lately, but it's so damn expensive.

[quote name='BustaUppa']gahhhhh now THAT would be a test of willpower![/quote]

Yeah, I'd probably break down and buy the game if they got that song. It's kind of disappointing that CFH is live.

Man, I just beat Endless Setlist 2 last night without pausing or failing on expert guitar, trying to get theThe Bladder of Steel Award + Platinum Artist achievements with one go. I thought it shouldn't be to bad. Damn dude, that thing took a little more that 6 HOURS!! I never had carpal tunnel that bad and toward the end of the 84 song set list I couldn't tell if I was hitting the notes because the tips of my fingers were numb. But at the end I said "Damn, that concert would of kicked ass if it were real."

On the Rock Band site in community there's a poll for which artist with a single track would people like to see more of. No surprise that far and away the winner with 45% is Muse. They're slowly getting it...Slowly.

[quote name='bardockkun']On the Rock Band site in community there's a poll for which artist with a single track would people like to see more of. No surprise that far and away the winner with 45% is Muse. They're slowly getting it...Slowly.[/quote]

:shock: :drool:

Didn't see this posted yet so here we go:
[quote name='hmxsean']
Hey gang,

Take a gander at the DLC coming out on the week of 4/21! To tie in with one of the current Rock Band sponsored tours, there's a sweet 7 track pack of REO Speedwagon and Styx songs to whet your classic rock whistle. Not enough? Top it off with a Hautewerk 3 pack for dessert! Here's the track listing:

REO Speedwagon - Riding the Storm Out
REO Speedwagon - Roll with the Changes
REO Speedwagon - Take It on the Run
Styx - Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)
Styx - Renegade
Styx - Too Much Time On My Hands
Styx / REO Speedwagon - Can't Stop Rockin'
Hautewerk - Alone in My Head
Hautewerk - I Know Where You Came From
Hautewerk - Stop Start Again

All tracks are master recordings.

Release Dates
:
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360®)
Thursday, April 23, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change **

Pricing:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$10.99 (880 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) “REO Speedwagon / Styx Tour ’09 Pack”
$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) “Hautewerk Pack 01”

To discuss this DLC please visit the official thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit the Rock Band 'Zine. [/quote]

Renegade is about the only one I'm interested in.

I'll definitely be getting the REO Speedwagon/Styx pack. Can't say I've ever heard of Hautewerk, so I'll have to start doing some research on them... Great week overall, though!

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']The original singer in Styx is gone, so no thank you on the Styx songs since they're re-recorded.[/QUOTE]

Tommy Shaw sings lead vocals on those songs. I know you are just looking to shit on RB, but at least find something that is worth complaining about. It isn't like they included Mr. Roboto with a new singer.

No,i'm not looking to shit on them, I'm not a Styx diehard, and I read that the singer was gone, so my interest was gone, even if Shaw did the vocals (these songs have some great harmonys) along with them being re-recorded (as there's yet to be a better re-record than the original in either game).

I don't shit on Rock Band besides it's unrealistic charts, stop putting words in my mouth. I don't see how me defending Guitar Hero WT and Metallica instantly makes me hate Rock Band. I don't. I just dislike Harmonix and their ethics.

Harmonix keeps knocking it out the fuckin' park. First Journey/Pat Benatar, then GNR, now Styx/REO? Hell yes.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']No,i'm not looking to shit on them, I'm not a Styx diehard, and I read that the singer was gone, so my interest was gone, even if Shaw did the vocals (these songs have some great harmonys) along with them being re-recorded (as there's yet to be a better re-record than the original in either game).[/quote]

You don't make sense. It doesn't matter that one lead singer is gone because there's always been two lead singers. Styx only performs songs that Tommy Shaw sings nowadays and Dennis DeYoung is off doing his songs by himself or with an orchestra.

Of course no re-recording is ever going to match the original. These guys are at least 30 years older.

Yeah but lots of Styx songs feature vocal harmonies and pitch contrasts, that will surely be gone because that same singer isn't there anymore. It's a small nit pick but certainly one that carries merit especially in the case of Styx. Besides, I'm not the one who jumped on anothers back putting words into their mouth; all I said was that I was passing on the Styx, but you guy's assumed I was saying "Rock Band is such shit that they can't even get enough money to buy the real masters which Guitar Hero is so awesome at doing."

Also, Rock Band is becoming a tool for people to pay for promotion. That's kinda bs. Between this, Spongebob, The Rocker, American Mall, Nickelodeon songs, it's quite disgusting. It's one thing for them to be free (Still Alive, The Rocker) it's another to pay to have promotion shoved down your throat.

bread's done
Back