RPG Thread XVI Supports Project Eternity's Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TheLongshot']I've heard the controls aren't the greatest. It is in my backlog, but I need to finish Recettear first.[/QUOTE]
The controls are okay, at least with a controller, though the lock-on command is a little iffy and the jumping isn't the best (I haven't seen any mandatory platforming bits so far, but you do have to do some to get certain treasures).

Controls notwithstanding, it has a steep difficulty curve. There are barely any options for healing, the shop system is built to encourage lots of grinding for cash, and certain enemies are rather tricky.

However, I just got through the fourth dungeon (third if you don't count the tutorial one) and that one wasn't as bad as the previous two difficulty-wise, so who knows how the rest of it'll be.

fuck the last boss of Xenoblade. Wanted to beat it tonight but it was too difficult for me. Now it's 4 AM. Yeah, it's level grind time.

[quote name='Rodimus']fuck the last boss of Xenoblade. Wanted to beat it tonight but it was too difficult for me. Now it's 4 AM. Yeah, it's level grind time.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, yeah, fuck that guy. Still think he was easier than the bird bitch. At least I could use characters I was comfortable with (though yeah, I too was underleveled and had to grind to beat him).

Yet another RPG going "WTF is going on" in the last few minutes of the game...

Yeah I'm on like the last 3rd of the game and my characters are all at 70, but after hearing so much about the last boss I wanna make sure they are at least 90 before I take him on.

finally beat DDS1 which means I get to open DDS2, I haven't opened a PS2 game since FF12 came out. I'm really enjoying this series, I think it's the characters with good voice acting or that its a JRPG without the J pop or cutesie stuff.

Before I begin DDS2: can anyone tell me if i should start on the Hard mode or is that for a second playthough of DDS2? If I keep my skills I think I could handle Hard mode the first time through.

My buddy started Xeno and says it's good like how FF12 is good which has me very excited =]. Hope The Last Story gets a real release date soon, we agreed on swapping games when we finish.

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm on cloud 9. Just beat Xenoblade..... 130 hours[/QUOTE]

Nice, congrats! Now go wrap up all the side quests you don't have complete... hehehe

On an RPG "related" note, anyone blay Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy or whatever the fuck that stupid name is? I downloaded it for my new PSPGo and I'm really enjoying it. Took a hella long time to get used to the gameplay, but I love all the FF fan service going on in it.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Nice, congrats! Now go wrap up all the side quests you don't have complete... hehehe

On an RPG "related" note, anyone blay Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy or whatever the fuck that stupid name is? I downloaded it for my new PSPGo and I'm really enjoying it. Took a hella long time to get used to the gameplay, but I love all the FF fan service going on in it.[/QUOTE]

012 was really good I thought but I still need to get the new characters that were added up to level 100 before they announce a new one. At least all the characters were 100 from my save for the 1st game.

[quote name='panzerfaust']My buddy started Xeno and says it's good like how FF12 is good which has me very excited =].[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's very reminscent of FFXII, which I enjoyed a lot. It'd be even more awesome if Xenoblade had gambits because admittedly the characters A.I. is not great.

Not really sure if I want to deal with the grinding and preparation for the final boss (Mortamor) of DQ 6. I'm at levels 39 or so with a hero job. But after 40 some hours I feel like I've had enough of the game.

I have Devil Survivor 2 coming in the mail tomorrow anyway. Should be my last :ds: game.

Have plans to pick up a PSP 3000 next week. saw a few used RPGs in the

[quote name='ChibiJosh']http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/2...uni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-wizards-edition/

Europe is getting a gorgeous LE for Ni no Kuni. If the US doesn't also get this, looks like I'll have to import.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on getting it once it got a price drop, but if they bring that LE to the US it is so preordered. Anyone know how the Japanese reviews for this were? I want to say I read it didn't sell all that well.

Really wish I could just be like "Oh, Level5. Bought" but Dark Cloud 2, Dragon Quest VIII, and the Layton games were fantastic, Rogue Galaxy and J'ean D'Arc were decent, but White Knight Chronicles was pretty crap. Granted, the Studio Ghibli involvement is a huge plus for this...

project-x-zone-3ds-ninten2.jpg

I don't wanna get my hopes up, but I pray this gets a US release date...

[quote name='elessar123']lol that's almost a guaranteed no. The licensing headache on that in the states...[/QUOTE]

How it is a headache? There are only 3 companies involve. Cross Edge and Chaos Wars got USA release and got more license. In fact Cross Edge has characters from Namco and Capcom.

[quote name='blueshinra']Other game company crossovers have been released here, so why not this one? It's not like it's non-OG Super Robot Wars.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='elessar123']lol that's almost a guaranteed no. The licensing headache on that in the states...[/QUOTE]

Tatsunoko vs Capcom got a release here,which had to be a real pain in the ass with all the anime characters involved with that one.

True, but I'm wondering if they have to get all the US companies that licensed their former games to agree also, i.e. NISA for Sakura Wars, Atlus for OG Saga, D3 for Gods Eater, etc.

I think most of Capcom's are Capcom published in the states though.

Ooo, those other crossover games do give me hope :D

I really want this, not only for an RPG on the system, but also because I assume the 3D effect must be spectacular. 2D sprites seem to pop way more than 3D polygonal models (at least to me).

It's one of the reasons I'm so looking forward to Paper Mario :D

[quote name='elessar123']Europe is getting Xillia =3[/QUOTE]

At least it can be imported in English then. Would be better if it was released here because I hate having a single black sheep in my collection.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Let's all do an FFVII playthrough when it hits PC. It's been 10 years for me.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Have too much other shit to play.

10 hours into Graces. I'm liking it. The 7 year time skip was cool. I like how the main character is at odds with everyone from his past. It'll be interesting to see how he wins them over. Kinda reminds me of Abyss near the second half of the game when Luke
pretty much blows up an entire town then everyone hates him.

Recently picked up a PSP Go and I'm kinda salivating at the Atlus sale. I'm currently thinking I'll get one of the Persona games I don't have (either 1 or 2:IS) and Riviera: The Promised Land. At $5, I can't see that going that wrong...

[quote name='Draekon']At least it can be imported in English then. Would be better if it was released here because I hate having a single black sheep in my collection.[/QUOTE]

Every where I read said that it has a US date too. Could be people just jumping the gun though.

[quote name='panzerfaust']RPG thread still lives!

Let's all do an FFVII playthrough when it hits PC. It's been 10 years for me.[/QUOTE]

No. I've played that game way to many times to ever care about it again.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Recently picked up a PSP Go and I'm kinda salivating at the Atlus sale. I'm currently thinking I'll get one of the Persona games I don't have (either 1 or 2:IS) and Riviera: The Promised Land. At $5, I can't see that going that wrong...[/QUOTE]

Pick up the first one! I just started playing it and it would be cool if someone else in this thread was going through it around the same time. Or you could pick up the second, as I have that too. Or Riviera.

Didn't the psp port of EP get released last month in Japan? I'm hoping they announce a release of that over here or else I have to revert to some scandalous methods in order to play that after I get though IS.

I only beat FFVII once, but it was like a 100% perfect game, Golden Chocobo and everything. Not sure I could do that again.

[quote name='Rodimus']I only beat FFVII once, but it was like a 100% perfect game, Golden Chocobo and everything. Not sure I could do that again.[/QUOTE]

Golden Chocobo wasn't that bad. Got it both times I beat FF7.

I've never mastered a Mime materia though.

I actually did originally play FF VII on the PC, since I never owned a PSX.

I got too many RPGs in my backlog to go back and play them again.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Recently picked up a PSP Go and I'm kinda salivating at the Atlus sale. I'm currently thinking I'll get one of the Persona games I don't have (either 1 or 2:IS) and Riviera: The Promised Land. At $5, I can't see that going that wrong...[/QUOTE]

Get IS, the story is much better.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Xillia in English! Woot Woot![/QUOTE]

I'm SO excited it's coming to America, I think Tales of the Abyss is going to be my last Tales of game till Xillia comes out though (even though I've got Vesperia and Graces F to finish). I usually need to switch it up and play something different especially when it comes to long and involved games like RPGs so I don't want to get burned out on the series playing another Tales of game before Xillia comes out, so Xillia will probably be the next game in the series I play.

[quote name='elessar123']Golden Chocobo wasn't that bad. Got it both times I beat FF7.

I've never mastered a Mime materia though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, getting the golden Chocobo's not that hard. I usually like to master Mime twice (so that I have three of them) for the Emerald Weapon battle.

One of the most difficult things for me is obtaining the Magic Counter materia, which is only available as a rare prize in the S-Class Chocobo Races. It's not even part of the "racing gift" you get for winning three S-Class races with one Chocobo. Last time I played, one of my goals was to have at least one of every materia, and Magic Counter was the one I couldn't get.

[quote name='icebeast']I'm SO excited it's coming to America, I think Tales of the Abyss is going to be my last Tales of game till Xillia comes out though (even though I've got Vesperia and Graces F to finish). I usually need to switch it up and play something different especially when it comes to long and involved games like RPGs so I don't want to get burned out on the series playing another Tales of game before Xillia comes out, so Xillia will probably be the next game in the series I play.[/QUOTE]

You know, I didn't even think about that, I just finished Xenoblade, and have several more rpgs to get into(including Tales F), and yeah I would probably get burnt out playing one after then other, so if I start playing that now, I should probably be done well before Xilia hits (it'll probably be Q1 2013 anyways).

@ blueshinra, I think there is a M-counter in the final dungeon, I could be wrong.

Has anyone mastered KoTR? I got it to level 3 before I stopped the grind. Phoenix + Final Atk mastered was awesome thou.

If it's basically the game made into a movie, I'll bite just to see the ending, damn cheap end boss...

[quote name='raiden_86']@ blueshinra, I think there is a M-counter in the final dungeon, I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]
Nope, but there is a regular Counter.

[quote name='Erad30']If it's basically the game made into a movie, I'll bite just to see the ending, damn cheap end boss...[/QUOTE]

It'll be 90 minutes of the game made into a movie, yeah.

I think they definitely should have went the P4 route and just did an anime out of it, and then condensed that 20+ episode anime into a 90 minute movie, cuz that makes sense.

[quote name='blueshinra']Nope, but there is a regular Counter.[/QUOTE]

"Magic Counter can be found in the Northern Cave and is a prize in chocobo racing S Class." straight from the wiki.

I remember it was tricky to find because it's invisible. you have to examine the life stream @ 10:37, this walkthrough (and many others) miss it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLDIHwPDBc4&feature=relmfu

[quote name='raiden_86'](stuff that is somehow breaking the page when quoted)[/QUOTE]
Debug Room'd the scene to check, since I don't have any Northern Crater save files for the PC version; the materia was visible in there, though. Anyway, you were right, and I stand corrected :p

I'm probably getting a Go or just a used PSP this weekend.

There's alot on sale ($7.50 for PS+) that look tempting.

Crimson Gen Saga? Hexyz Force? Class of Heroes? Yggdra Union?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back