Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

Logical Dolphin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My local GameStop Manager informed me that (like last year) Sony will have a 2 game superslim PS3 bundle for $200 for Black Friday. He got this information from the Sony rep. No details on what the games are, or how big the hard drive is inside the PS3.

I was thinking that the PS3 Superslim in this bundle may very well be the 16GB Flash version, that was already cleared by the FCC...

UPDATE 10/26:
Just saw this today at my local Fry's store:

A new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

The Infamous Collection (Infamous 1 & 2 and all DLC)
Uncharted 1 & 2 dual pack

The bundle (like the superslim Uncharted 3 bundle) sells for $270.

However, I believe this may very well be the Black Friday bundle, since Sony hasn't made an previous announcement about this bundle like they did for the superslim Uncharted 3 & Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. It fits the profile for a Black Friday bundle containing at least 2 games. Also Fry's tends to get the new Sony hardware SKUs much earlier than any other store...

Here is what it looks like:

7323584.big.jpg

According to the link below the price for this bundle is $223.99, close to $50 less than its original price.
http://www.antarespro.com/7250763-item-SONY-99034-711719990345.aspx

11/2/11

Ad confirmation from Shopko (thanks to ndheah):
NmbXA.jpg

11/5/11
Radio Shack ad has been leaked. Same PS3 BF bundle selling for $220.

http://bfads.net/Ad/RadioShack-2012

11/7/11
Sams Club is selling it for $250 (includes extra controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Sams-Club-2012/Page2

Best Buy lists the bundle for $200
http://blackfriday.com/stores/best-..._Nov07&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

11/8/11
Walmart lists this bundle at $199
http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers/black-friday

11/9/11
Target: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Target-2012/Page2

11/10/11
Toys R US: $199.99 (includes PS3 Air-Flo controller)
http://bfads.net/Ad/Toys-R-Us-2012/Page8

11/13/11
Hastings: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Hastings-2012/Page2

Meijer: $199.99
http://bfads.net/Ad/Meijer-2012

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter how you guys try to justify this PS3's cheapness With hammers and jumping on it like a maniac this is still a crappy looking ps3... Ill stick to my Phat upgraded 1TB WD Scorpio PS3.. It's old but works like a charm and it shines like a ps3 is suppose to. I only use it for exclusives and ps+ anyways .... For those who don't have a ps3 this deal is a steal though. To each it's own

I hope the Vita or PS3 super slim will be on sale at Gamestop because I have a $50 gift card(from trading in my Wii) and a $25 gift card(for doing e-reward surveys).

[quote name='jrr6415sun']but what if the ps3 breaks the hammer? that's not good[/QUOTE]

Try the Mjolnir.. no mortal made stuff it cannot break. Thor himself will gladly do the drop test. :lol:

Got mine today and the thing is amazing. Have had it on almost all day since about 11AM downloading stuff, the console is barely even warm. My Slim would have been warm/hot by now

Its light as hell, and the sliding door is more sturdy than I thought. My only complaint is that the stupid formatting basically drops the available size of the 500GB down to like 410GB.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Got mine today and the thing is amazing. Have had it on almost all day since about 11AM downloading stuff, the console is barely even warm. My Slim would have been warm/hot by now

Its light as hell, and the sliding door is more sturdy than I thought. My only complaint is that the stupid formatting basically drops the available size of the 500GB down to like 410GB.[/QUOTE]

So where does the 90gb go or get used on?

Nothing lol. It took like 45GB for the usual formatting that all hard drives do, then just takes another 40 something off just for the hell of it. I assume it has something to do with how the PS3 works, still no idea why it needs so much

yeah that pissed me off too although my usable space was 415gb. I was also pissed off to do a restore from my last PS3's backup and the games didnt transfer over. WTF? It was one of the main reasons why I wasnt so upset about my old one getting a YLOD. So Ive had my super slim since Tuesday and mainly been downloading all my old stuff

Mine said 419 at first, then said 412. No idea why it changed, but whatever. Still beats my old 120GB by a mile, the thing was dying on me anyway

I recently got a 320gb ps3, but it only says 298 gb. My 120 GB ps3 only said it had like 111 gb too.

Anyway the Threadstarter came through, to be honest, i think last years deal was better. I guess it's ok for newcomers, as you get the two best franchises. But they're old and can be found cheap now, and not that enticing for ppl who already have ps3's. I thought PS All-Stars would've been a great to bundle with.

[quote name='diplo']
Anyway the Threadstarter came through, to be honest, i think last years deal was better. I guess it's ok for newcomers, as you get the two best franchises. But they're old and can be found cheap now, and not that enticing for ppl who already have ps3's. I thought PS All-Stars would've been a great to bundle with.[/QUOTE]The PS3 at this price is a great deal. The games included are just icing on the cake. I cant say last year was better. The deal is comparable and the games included this time are better

Deal confirmed. welcome to 2012's Must Have item for the unwashed masses. Now I have to camp out for Black Friday. Unless someone online runs the same deal... Fingers crossed!! C'mon amazon!!!

[quote name='diplo']I recently got a 320gb ps3, but it only says 298 gb. My 120 GB ps3 only said it had like 111 gb too.

Anyway the Threadstarter came through, to be honest, i think last years deal was better. I guess it's ok for newcomers, as you get the two best franchises. But they're old and can be found cheap now, and not that enticing for ppl who already have ps3's. I thought PS All-Stars would've been a great to bundle with.[/QUOTE]

From the look of things All-Stars is Sony's leading first party title, with a lot of marketing dollars behind it. They probably wouldn't be eager to give that away in a discounted BF bundle...

[quote name='Havok83']The PS3 at this price is a great deal. The games included are just icing on the cake. I cant say last year was better. The deal is comparable and the games included this time are better[/QUOTE]

to be honest, when they announced the super-slim I thought the MSRP was gonna be $200. The deal is comparable, but I thought it'd be better since it's a year later and new model. The games in last year's bundle were also just newly released.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']From the look of things All-Stars is Sony's leading first party title, with a lot of marketing dollars behind it. They probably wouldn't be eager to give that away in a discounted BF bundle...[/QUOTE]

That is true, it also comes out same week I think. But last years bundle also had recently released games. And PSAllstars has a bunch of great Playstation characters, that once you'll play them, you'll be interested and buy their own game. It worked for me with Twisted Metal.

[quote name='diplo']That is true, it also comes out same week I think. But last years bundle also had recently released games. And PSAllstars has a bunch of great Playstation characters, that once you'll play them, you'll be interested and buy their own game. It worked for me with Twisted Metal.[/QUOTE]

Including R&C All 4 One was a surprise, but it wasn't marketed nearly as much as I think All-Stars will. The other game, LBP 2, had already been out for a year.

I think it is unfortunate that All-Stars is the leading game from Sony. I would much rather it had been the Last of Us, but it is probably best to let AC3 and Black Ops have the holiday season...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Including R&C All 4 One was a surprise, but it wasn't marketed nearly as much as I think All-Stars will. The other game, LBP 2, had already been out for a year.

I think it is unfortunate that All-Stars is the leading game from Sony. I would much rather it had been the Last of Us, but it is probably best to let AC3 and Black Ops have the holiday season...[/QUOTE]

Well the LBP2 was the GOTY edition which just came out, but you're right. I also think they could've just sold the AC3 Bundle for Black Friday instead for $200. That would've definetly excite people. A 500 GB (412GB) hard drive, and AC3 which comes with exclusive misssions. But we'll see. Like I said Uncharted & Infamous are the best franchises, it's good for newcomers but not that enticing for ppl looking for second ps3's.

Dang gonna have to sell my 250 gb slim on Craigslist since its been freezing on me occasionally ever since I download the 4.30 update

Arkham City GOTY for $20? Was going to bite on the Vanilla version for about the same price, looks like I'm waiting a few weeks.

Any chance of getting the full ad posted?

[quote name='diplo']to be honest, when they announced the super-slim I thought the MSRP was gonna be $200. The deal is comparable, but I thought it'd be better since it's a year later and new model. The games in last year's bundle were also just newly released.[/QUOTE]
Ratchet A4O was newly released nowhere near as good as Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, Infamous 1 or Infamous 2. All games are winnrs there. Last year's bundle best title was LBP2 and that was almost a year old at that point

[quote name='Havok83']Ratchet A4O was newly released nowhere near as good as Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, Infamous 1 or Infamous 2. All games are winnrs there. Last year's bundle best title was LBP2 and that was almost a year old at that point[/QUOTE]

better games? sure, better value? no, the msrp for those two games combined are $60. and the lbp2 was the goty edition that came with $40 of DLC that came out that month, so it was still relatively new. look if this bundle is ur thing, more power to you. those are great games. i just dont think there are many ppl who have ps3's that dont already own those. if it's their first ps3 ever, than its a good deal, and id reccomend buying it. i just expected better value

Man, I was really excited for this new slim, but after watching some videos and pictures I really dont like the design of it. I get that it saves some manufacture cost and that savings is passed on, but I really dont like that top loading disc drive.

Doesn't really matter for me though as it wouldn't work in my current set up since the top of my PS3 is blocked. I would have to move it somewhere away from my TV and run a long HDMI since I dont have room on top of my TV stand.

Great deal if you dont have a PS3 yet, I'd say just save that money for the next console if you already have a normal slim. If your phat is getting old, maybe get this and transfer your stuff before it dies and lose all your saves and
your phantom game shares.

This is an awesome deal! I would buy it right away but since I already bought the first slim last month, I don't need a second one. If you have never owned a PS3 then you should really get this! There are many awesome PS3 exclusives. I am currently playing Uncharted 2 right now and I am loving it :) If you get this bundle and you have never played Uncharted before, I recommend playing Uncharted 2 first. The first Uncharted is good but too much shooting :/ You could also play it on normal or easy, I played it on hard and I found it frustating instead of fun.

[quote name='ghostman123']Arkham City GOTY for $20? Was going to bite on the Vanilla version for about the same price, looks like I'm waiting a few weeks.

Any chance of getting the full ad posted?[/QUOTE]

Not only that but LittleBigPlanet Karting will be $30 and a DualShock controller will be $35.

Still not thrilled with the pack in games since I already have them but since I need another PS3 since my died and I have $175 in GC at Target makes it a no brainer. Thankfully Halo 4 will hold me over until BF but then its ACIII and CoD for me on a new PS3.

Alright, now all I need is someone to tell me what a Shopko is and how I give it my money. Wouldn't mind picking up this bundle + LBP Karting and Arkham City GOTY.

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']Alright, now all I need is someone to tell me what a Shopko is and how I give it my money. Wouldn't mind picking up this bundle + LBP Karting and Arkham City GOTY.[/QUOTE]
Midwest Target.
Shopko.com as well.

I wonder what the likely hood of the regular slims going on sale during BF. These super slims are really nice but i prefer the slot loading systems honestly. Hoping to possibly get the mw3 bundle on sale. I know they are discontinued but I see there are quite of few at gamestops around my area and Amazon even has the mw3 and uc3 bundles still.

[quote name='ndheah']Midwest Target.
Shopko.com as well.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't Target be the Midwest Target? I'm in Nebraska and we have both.

I live in Missouri, the midwestiest of the Midwest, and I've never heard of Shopko.

EDIT: Nevermind. Store locator says there's one 60 miles away from me. The more you know =======*

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this the same bundle that's likely to float around everywhere during Black Friday, like last year's LBP/R&C BF bundle? Or is this exclusive to this Shopko store?

Either way, I may as well bite if this is what BF is going to be offering this year, since I do need a PS3 and I only own 1/2 of both franchises. Bought Uncharted 1 a while ago and got Infamous 1 free during the PSN debacle via download, so won't be losing out too much and will gain way more with that price and two un-owned & great games, nice HD size and new model. :cool:

So, would this be a better deal than the previous slim? I have a previous model slim on layaway, because i was sure the general consensus on this model was that it was horrible constructed and easily breakable. was that just Internet hate? is it actually pretty okay for a PS3?

I need a new one to replace my phat. If it dies again, I'm screwed out of my stuff >.

[quote name='plutoknight']So, would this be a better deal than the previous slim? I have a previous model slim on layaway, because i was sure the general consensus on this model was that it was horrible constructed and easily breakable. was that just Internet hate? is it actually pretty okay for a PS3?

I need a new one to replace my phat. If it dies again, I'm screwed out of my stuff >.

Wish this bundle came with at least 1 month of PS+. I'm replacing a YLOD so this model isn't as good to me since I have all 4 games... Wish there was a second option or a deal on the base model by itself.

any rumors on a possible ps vita bundle? i've been wanting to get one for a while, but i haven't been impressed by what they've offered thus far (feb, madden bundle, etc.) the ac:liberations one looked cool, but it's still a bit too steep for me.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Wish this bundle came with at least 1 month of PS+. I'm replacing a YLOD so this model isn't as good to me since I have all 4 games... Wish there was a second option or a deal on the base model by itself.[/QUOTE]

This is the exact situation I am in (except I also already own Infamous: Festival of Blood, so really I own all five games included in this bundle), so I wish there were different games bundled with the system. Though, it's hard to argue with the quality of the games they decided to bundle with the system this year for BF.

I guess we should start checking trade in values for the Uncharted and Infamous games now to get the most bang for our buck before the bundle is released and the games become more widespread (thus dropping their trade in values)?

[quote name='joeboosauce']Wish this bundle came with at least 1 month of PS+. I'm replacing a YLOD so this model isn't as good to me since I have all 4 games... Wish there was a second option or a deal on the base model by itself.[/QUOTE]

I am surprised that apparently there isn't a PS+ trial in this bundle. Sony has stated that PS+ will be a big push for them, so I would expect that eventually every PS3 sold will come with a PS+ trial...

[quote name='cbulas1']This is the exact situation I am in (except I also already own Infamous: Festival of Blood, so really I own all five games included in this bundle), so I wish there were different games bundled with the system. Though, it's hard to argue with the quality of the games they decided to bundle with the system this year for BF.

I guess we should start checking trade in values for the Uncharted and Infamous games now to get the most bang for our buck before the bundle is released and the games become more widespread (thus dropping their trade in values)?[/QUOTE]

I know GameStop has a 50% trade in bonus on these games, but I think the bonus is intended for that sale on the PS3 collections they are having. I suggest you check with them to be sure...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']IMO the superslim isn't poorly constructed, I think it is about the same as the slim PS2. If you look at earlier pages on this thread, you will see how well this model survives some extreme abuse...[/QUOTE]

I saw. Hammers? really?! People are crazy.

Seems like a good deal though. I don't need to worry about HDD space (I have a 500GB already anyway..).

but I'd spring for this probably if it pops up at major retailers (I'm sure Walmart will have it lol)

bread's done
Back