Scott Pilgrim comics and movie! Blu-Ray/DVD is out now!

[quote name='georox']Problem is most people with low enough IQ to see a parody film love Twilight, so this parody movie offends them, so they won't see it.[/QUOTE]

This is why I secretly think my cousin (Starmask2k) hated Vampires Suck and didn't want to go see it. Don't get me wrong, it's easily the worst movie I've ever seen, and I not trying to even remotely defend it. It's just he's usually a big sucker for those shitty parody films, and he's also a giant Twilight Movie fan boy.

In other news, I just purchased the Scott P. video game a few days ago and it's a blast to play with four people. The lack of online play hurts a bit, but I don't mind as I have little problem getting four people together. The music alone makes up for the lack of Online play.

Finally got to see it, It was great! I thought that it was very well done, great action scenes, great sense of humor. A definite favorite of the year.

If anyone says "Holly wood makes the same old stuff over and over" Ask them if they saw Scott Pilgrim, if they say no tell them to stfu. If people dont support this kind of stuff we are going to get more junk.

The books were overrated, but I loved the movie. I also just finished playing the game's demo on XBLA. Holy crap, it was pretty fun. Next paycheck the game shall be mine.

[quote name='JP']Scott Pilgrim game on XBLA with the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack playing, WIN![/QUOTE]
Here I was thinking I was the only one...

On the Clash at Demonhead level are you doing the same as me and playing Metric on repeat?

Actually created a playlist for different levels since I have both Soundtracks. So I have the Metric and the Bass Battle and sprinkled in the We are Sex Bob-Omb in there too.

Once I'm no longer on-call I'm probably going to go catch it again, aka this weekend. Love this movie.

[quote name='Scorch']Went and saw it again a few nights ago.. I really cannot wait for this to come out on Blu-Ray.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree. Day one purchase, and if they have some awesome Special Edition that's like $70, I'll pay it, as long as it's worth it. I would actually like to see them do a Special Edition that came with a digital version of all the comics. I think that would be cool.

You can almost guarantee that there will be no flashy edition. With it not going to make a penny back they are going to turn their backs on it.

I completely disagree. I think they'll have a decent marketing campaign because home video releases are where the most money is made.

It's up to $32 million worldwide, which is a little bit over half the budget. It'll definitely recoup costs when it comes out on DVD/Blu Ray.

It might get production costs back but marketing is not in the films cost. Which on most films gets near the production budget. There is no way its going to see a cent in profit.

At this point if it opens in more overseas markets the rights will have been sold.

Example is the golden compass, which looking at it makes it look like the overseas profit saved it, when in fact since it did so poorly here that they sold the rights for it for 60 million.

Just finished reading the comic, and I actually didn't mind volume 6 like everybody is complaining about. The style definitely changed but I still liked it.

That's not a mistake on my part. I put the code in for volume 5 and 6 images, but for some reason it shows up as two volume 5s. The exact same image source at another forum shows up correctly, oddly. And I have a name, ya know. :p

I just finished volume 3. So far the series has been a great read after seeing the movie and comparing what they did differently but stayed so true at the same time.

After this volume 3 the first thing that came to mine versus the movie was
how they kinda smushed together Envy and Roxanne in the film. Or more specifically they used a lot of Envy's story for Roxanne

I watched the movie, and at best I kinda liked it, which isn't entirely a bad thing. Just not "movie of the year" for me. It did however make me want to read the books, which I was able to pick up at a local used bookstore for $5 each. Found them to be very quick, but very enjoyable reads. I definitely preferred them to the movie. I could go on as to "why", but that would take way too long.

[quote name='CouRageouS']

After this volume 3 the first thing that came to mine versus the movie was
how they kinda smushed together Envy and Roxanne in the film. Or more specifically they used a lot of Envy's story for Roxanne
[/QUOTE]
Like what?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Like what?[/QUOTE]

He's probably referring to
The Fight Scenes involving those two.

In the movie,
the Fight with Roxy occurs at the after-party for the Clash At Demonhead show. During the fight, it's Ramona who starts things off, and begins battling Roxy using her giant hammer. Roxy ultimately gets defeated by Scott using her ticklish spot at the back of her knee. In the books, that fight occurred between Ramona and Envy, complete with giant hammer usage, and defeat at the hands of a ticklish spot behind the knee. The actual Roxy fight was much, much different in the books.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that only 2.5 of the Ex's battles were represented accurately in the film.
Patel was damn-near identical to the book. Lucas deviated slightly, since they added a bit with Stunt Doubles, which I thought made it a better fight. Todd Ingram and Scott had ~3 "battles" in the book, and although the end result was the same, the way they got there was different enough. The Roxy vs Ramona fight was between Ramona and Envy in the books, so her fight was completely different. The twins had nothing to do with music in the books, and the Gideon fight...well, they explored that "he has access to my head" thing a bit more.

The books are amazing. I was absolutely amazed they made a move. The move was awesome as well. They really did stay true to the book in my opinion. I will most defiantly be buying the movie when it his DVD.

Some good news, they put together the DVD extras BEFORE it came out. They didn't have to go back and ask for more money to do it. Looks like its going to be a solid release :whistle2:D

"CS: After working on a movie this long, obviously you're going to bring it to a couple of places over the next couple of months, and you're going to be doing press for it. Do you think you'll get to the point like David Point where next year you'll have to say, "Okay, I can't talk about 'Scott Pilgrim' anymore." Has it gotten to that point where you still have a little more energy in you to keep talking about "Scott Pilgrim" for a while?

Wright: Yeah, I mean it's still fresh. The paint is still wet on the film. I think once the paint dries, I'll stop talking about it. (Laughs) What's so crazy in the way we edit now is that the DVD is almost done, which is really insane. It's really very strange to see a "making of" documentary before the film's even finished. I've seen nearly all of the extras that we've been doing, and the making of documentary is really great. I think the Blu-ray DVD, which I think is sort of Christmas, it's just ridiculously jam-packed with stuff."

[quote name='Lice']Some good news, they put together the DVD extras BEFORE it came out. They didn't have to go back and ask for more money to do it. Looks like its going to be a solid release :whistle2:D

"CS: After working on a movie this long, obviously you're going to bring it to a couple of places over the next couple of months, and you're going to be doing press for it. Do you think you'll get to the point like David Point where next year you'll have to say, "Okay, I can't talk about 'Scott Pilgrim' anymore." Has it gotten to that point where you still have a little more energy in you to keep talking about "Scott Pilgrim" for a while?

Wright: Yeah, I mean it's still fresh. The paint is still wet on the film. I think once the paint dries, I'll stop talking about it. (Laughs) What's so crazy in the way we edit now is that the DVD is almost done, which is really insane. It's really very strange to see a "making of" documentary before the film's even finished. I've seen nearly all of the extras that we've been doing, and the making of documentary is really great. I think the Blu-ray DVD, which I think is sort of Christmas, it's just ridiculously jam-packed with stuff."[/QUOTE]

A portion of one of the extras is floating around online. It's essentially animated stick figure choreography for the fight scenes.

Also, I'm seeing a January 4, 2010 release posted around online. It hasn't been officially announced from what I understand, but that's the placeholder date in a lot of systems.

[quote name='Scorch']November 9th is the current scheduled release date.[/QUOTE]

Even better! Insider information or do you have an online source?

[quote name='thelonepig']Even better! Insider information or do you have an online source?[/QUOTE]

amazon.ca is showing that date (but it looks like the entry has since been removed.. possibly because they blew the big announcement), videoeta is saying it's estimated for November and other online sites are running it through the rumor mill. It seems plausible, especially with Edgar Wright saying that he was working on the DVD even before the movie hit theaters.

The blu ray on amazon.ca was priced at almost $35CDN though.

http://www.theblurayblog.com/2010/0...-blu-ray-in-november-available-for-pre-order/

I finished the books last week, loved them. My girlfriend started reading them too after she randomly started reading volume 3 since i left it out and is loving it. She's on volume 5 now. Can you guys recommend other reads made in the same format? Not video game related but any action/comedy type books.

can't think of anything that isn't manga.. if you're interested though there are some good ones that are easy to understand. (as opposed to the really really japanese stuff)

I just emailed Amazon because I ordered less than a month ago and now its more than 25% cheaper. Hope they can credit me the difference. Considering ordering another set for a gift since its so cheap.

I've had them sitting in my cart since Friday. Two of them dropped to $4.49 (Vol. 5 and Vol. 6). I think I'm going to order them now.

[quote name='Scorch']I've had them sitting in my cart since Friday. Two of them dropped to $4.49 (Vol. 5 and Vol. 6). I think I'm going to order them now.[/QUOTE]

Wonder what the situation is with these prices- I ended up getting 1-4,6 for $4.99 and the 5 for 4.49. Fluctuating oddly.

Hmm, I may have to bite on that even though I did not enjoy the books all that much. But you cant beat them at that price.

The DVD/Blu-Ray info has been announced, set to release November 9th:
http://screenrant.com/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-dvd-blu-ray-details-ross-79222/
Scott-Pilgrim-vs-the-World-DVD-Blu-ray.jpg

Scott-Pilgrim-vs-the-World-Blu-ray-release-artwork.jpg

BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK

INSIDER DOCUMENTARIES: Making of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Music Featurette, You Too Can Be Sex Bob-Omb

ALTERNATE FOOTAGE: A special look at alternative edits to the film.

PRE-PRODUCTION: A look inside the film’s pre-production process including storyboards, pre-visualizations, animatics, motion capture tests, rehearsal footage, casting tapes, hair/make-up tests and more!

THE MUSIC OF SCOTT PILGIRM VS. THE WORLD: This feature includes four complete music videos and video remixes from legendary DJ Osymyso.

VISUAL EFFECTS: This feature takes a second look at the movie’s inventive visual effects.

SOUND WORK: A mini documentary about the creation of the film’s super-powered sonic landscape.

TRAILERS & TV SPOTS from the theatrical release of the film

ADULT SWIM™: Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation

SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE CENSORS: TV safe version

BEHIND-THE-SCENES PRODUCTION BLOGS from the set of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World by director /producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright.

FREE BONUS MOVIE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY: Blu-ray Combo Pack consumers will have instant access to stream action hits Tremors or Pitch Black via BD-Live, Smartphone or computer.

U-CONTROL: Universal’s exclusive signature feature allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie — STORYBOARD PICTURE-IN-PICTURE

POCKET BLU™ APP: USHE’s groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPhone®, iPod® touch, iPad™, Blackberry®, Nokia® Android™, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player and offers advanced features such as:

Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.

Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie

Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there’s a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.

Virtual Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray™ player with your device’s easy and intuitive keyboard that will facilitate such Blu-ray™ features as chatting with friends and sending messages.

DIGITAL COPY OF THE FILM: Blu-ray™ consumers can download a digital version of the movie to their Mac® and or Windows® PC for a limited time only.

BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more.

MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie.

AND LOTS MORE!

BONUS FEATURES AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD

DELETED AND ALTERNATE SCENES with commentary from director/producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE BLOOPERS

FEATURE COMMENTARIES: Feature Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright, co-writer Michael Bacall and Author Bryan Lee O’Malley; Technical Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright and director of photography Bill Pope; Cast commentary with Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong and Brandon Routh; Cast commentary with Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Kieran Culkin and Mark Webber

BEHIND-THE-SCENES PHOTO GALLERIES including Edgar Wright’s photo blog

TRIVIA TRACK

GALLERIES: Production photos, art galleries and marketing concepts.

Last edited by a moderator:
i mean that's all nice and all but I wonder how much is cut out if you just get one copy. I don't need a BluRay, DVD AND digi copy.

Digital copy is just a download code and apparently only included in the first run of pressings. I don't think the Blu-Ray will be available without the DVD. Right now Amazon is selling it for $28, though the price will surely drop. But I would encourage everyone who's really into the movie to buy it at launch. This film deserves to be a success!

it's my understanding digital copy is kinda of a lie as in it's only good during that first year or something. I was shocked when I found that out. I'm not sure what the point is then. What happens to someone who picks up Scott P on sale next year? I'm not trying to rant about my annoyances with digital everything.

I will conclude with this. if i can buy one copy of the film. I will buy it in the launch window. Unless there's a ton of features I'd prefer DVD anyway.

Digital copies of films are sent out only as long as the codes are active. About three months prior, they stop shipping the versions with the digital codes and switch to just the Blu Ray. If you pick up one with an expired DC code, then it's been on the shelf for a while.

also, thanks, amazon, for lowering some of the books I just bought by $1 or so.. Vol 1 and Vol 5 are $3.99 now, the rest still fluctuate between $4.49 and $4.99. On the plus side, they did tell me that they'd get here on Wednesday and they actually got here today.. so.. yay for that.

[quote name='Scorch']Digital copies of films are sent out only as long as the codes are active. About three months prior, they stop shipping the versions with the digital codes and switch to just the Blu Ray. If you pick up one with an expired DC code, then it's been on the shelf for a while.

also, thanks, amazon, for lowering some of the books I just bought by $1 or so.. Vol 1 and Vol 5 are $3.99 now, the rest still fluctuate between $4.49 and $4.99. On the plus side, they did tell me that they'd get here on Wednesday and they actually got here today.. so.. yay for that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never expected they would drop more when I ordered- I wonder if they're trying to get rid of stock for new editions.

Mine still won't be arriving until tomorrow, whomp whomp.

I think it's most likely that they stocked up on the books expecting the movie to be a hit and increase demand. Then it bombed so demand dropped, hence the sale.

[quote name='Rayeh']Yeah, I never expected they would drop more when I ordered- I wonder if they're trying to get rid of stock for new editions.
[/QUOTE]
They've coming out with a collector's set alongside the DVD, from my understanding it just comes with a poster and a special case but same edition books.

bread's done
Back