Scott Pilgrim comics and movie! Blu-Ray/DVD is out now!

Amazon prices dropped again.

Scott Pilgrim Vol. 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life [amazon.com]
Buy new: $3.63

Scott Pilgrim Vol. 2: Scott Pilgrim Versus The World [amazon.com]
Buy new: $4.99

Scott Pilgrim Vol. 3: Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness [amazon.com]
Buy new: $3.99

Scott Pilgrim Vol. 4: Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together [amazon.com]

Scott Pilgrim Vol. 5: Scott Pilgrim vs The Universe [amazon.com]
Buy new: $3.73

Scott Pilgrim Vol. 6: Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour [amazon.com]

Total for all 6: $24.32

The movie was the most entertaining thing I've watched since the first Iron Man movie - I heart the film...

I ordered the bucks on Amazon when everything was ~$5 - still waiting for them to be delivered.

With a $10 credit, I paid $14.32 for all 6. Should be fun reading after I get back from my weekend excursion to Vegas!

61295_472078244934_680884934_6614284_5038673_n.jpg

I bought and read all the books soon after the movie. You'll notice several differences between the two (nothing earth-shattering, but nothing minor either), but I think you'll find both are highly entertaining.

In short, I found the movie to be a decent adaptation.

~HotShotX

I finished the last of the books two nights ago,and I have to say that I like them both equally.

I think some of the ex fights in the movie were made more interesting for the changes. In the books many of the ex fights were just some light banter then an easy win; nothing flashy or interesting about them.. some felt very, very similar.

Both the books and movie are awesome whether you've seen just the movie, or just read the books, or haven't done either.

Those figures are kind of cool but they sure pick a random time for their release kind of like how the Kick-Ass figures are coming out long after the long after the film or DVD release are long forgotten by most. Maybe these will tie in to some super Scott Pilgrim Omnibus collection coming out around the same time.

this movie/series is full of video game references.. i'm thoroughly embarassed that i literally just now realized that the chaos theater is a reference to where the Runaway Five played in Earthbound. I'm a huge Earthbound fan, too. Didn't even think about it.

[quote name='Scorch']this movie/series is full of video game references.. i'm thoroughly embarassed that i literally just now realized that the chaos theater is a reference to where the Runaway Five played in Earthbound. I'm a huge Earthbound fan, too. Didn't even think about it.[/QUOTE]
Oh my dear lord, I need to Redbox this for sure.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Oh my dear lord, I need to Redbox this for sure.[/QUOTE]

It's not hitting Redbox Tuesday.. looks like it'll be another 30 day delay til it does. Redbox doesn't have their list of things coming out the week after December 4th up yet so I don't know for sure.

I just finished watching the movie....without spoiling anything....the ending was predictable and the action was exciting....yet a bit....well...the second to last one was a bit boring

In fact, the "4th" person was a lame fight too.

And I'm sorry....but there were many scenes where Cena looked 35! I couldn't stop laughing at some of that....

But overall, it was enjoyable. And Wallace kept the movie fresh with his lines. Though I didn't approve how once again Hollywood just threw gayness into the air so everyone can be exposed to it.

[quote name='strongpimphand']And I'm sorry....but there were many scenes where Cena looked 35! I couldn't stop laughing at some of that....[/QUOTE]

the scene where he did the five knuckle shuffle to Gideon was too much, I had to stop the movie

[quote name='strongpimphand']

But overall, it was enjoyable. And Wallace kept the movie fresh with his lines. Though I didn't approve how once again Hollywood just threw gayness into the air so everyone can be exposed to it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Hollywood wrote the comics... because he wasn't a character created for the movie.

[quote name='strongpimphand']I just finished watching the movie....without spoiling anything....the ending was predictable and the action was exciting....yet a bit....well...the second to last one was a bit boring

In fact, the "4th" person was a lame fight too.

And I'm sorry....but there were many scenes where Cena looked 35! I couldn't stop laughing at some of that....

But overall, it was enjoyable. And Wallace kept the movie fresh with his lines. Though I didn't approve how once again Hollywood just threw gayness into the air so everyone can be exposed to it.[/QUOTE]

he was gay in the comic and honestly they watered down his gayness in the film.

[quote name='lokizz']he was gay in the comic and honestly they watered down his gayness in the film.[/QUOTE]

They watered down a lot of the gay/lesbian tones in the film. The books are quite a bit more sexual in nature than the movie, including a Knives/Kim drunk makeout session, the Scott/Envy relationship and Stephen Stills
coming out

To be honest, I'm glad they didn't take the movie further. I enjoyed the movie the most of the three formats (graphic novels, movie, video game).

[quote name='thelonepig']They watered down a lot of the gay/lesbian tones in the film. The books are quite a bit more sexual in nature than the movie, including a Knives/Kim drunk makeout session, the Scott/Envy relationship and Stephen Stills
coming out
[/QUOTE]
I Wouldn't say watered down as much as when they finished writing the movie only the 3rd volume of the book was out at the time. Plus the Knives and Kim thing would've added nothing to the movie.

[quote name='bardockkun']Plus the Knives and Kim thing would've added nothing to the movie.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you don't understand the significance of fap material to the target audience of this film, but I do. I do, all too well... ;_;

[quote name='bardockkun']I Wouldn't say watered down as much as when they finished writing the movie only the 3rd volume of the book was out at the time. Plus the Knives and Kim thing would've added nothing to the movie.[/QUOTE]

Watered down wasn't so much the best choice of wording, you're right. Even at the 3rd volume there was a much larger gay/lesbian cast than what is in the movie. That said, I think the movie would have been worse off had it been any closer to the source material.

so they wrote it after vol 3? fairly impressive then how well they did match. a lot of the stuff wouldn't work in movie form. Even this movie.

It didn't occur to me when I was watching it but looking back now I can easily see where all the "Cena's too old" complaints come from. They say the same thing about David Spade (but oddly enough I don't see it as badly)

[quote name='Scorch']It's not hitting Redbox Tuesday.. looks like it'll be another 30 day delay til it does. Redbox doesn't have their list of things coming out the week after December 4th up yet so I don't know for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, I looked at their site. I'm still planning on redboxing it. I'm sure it'll be up there after the 30 day delay.

Do movie companies REALLY think the delay is going to increase sales? If anything, it'll make me forget about the movie even sooner so I won't even Redbox it.

[quote name='lokizz']he was gay in the comic and honestly they watered down his gayness in the film.[/QUOTE]
I stand corrected then....because all these hollywood comedies seem to have a gay person/gay situations/gay gayness

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yeah, I know, I looked at their site. I'm still planning on redboxing it. I'm sure it'll be up there after the 30 day delay.

Do movie companies REALLY think the delay is going to increase sales? If anything, it'll make me forget about the movie even sooner so I won't even Redbox it.[/QUOTE]

I see it's delayed on netflix too.

That's ok - I can wait.

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but incase anybody is interested SP vs. the World the game is on sale this week on xbla for 400 points.

I'm going to go to a Black Ops midnight launch event and try to convince them that there's no logical reason that they can't sell me Scott Pilgrim at midnight.

[quote name='2DMention']I see it's delayed on netflix too.

That's ok - I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Is it just the dvd copy that's being delayed, or is streaming also delayed? Hopefully the streaming will be up as I'm using a trial that runs out around the end of the month.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm going to go to a Black Ops midnight launch event and try to convince them that there's no logical reason that they can't sell me Scott Pilgrim at midnight.[/QUOTE]

Success! Watching the deleted scenes now!

[quote name='JStryke']Is it just the dvd copy that's being delayed, or is streaming also delayed? Hopefully the streaming will be up as I'm using a trial that runs out around the end of the month. [/quote]

Seriously? Major studios never have anything up for streaming the day it comes out - it'd kill DVD sales. At the absolute earliest, Scott Pilgrim will be available for streaming 90 days after the month delay release window.. so the first week of March at the earliest.

[quote name='Scorch']Success! Watching the deleted scenes now!
[/QUOTE]
Congrats! Not many I can ever think of buying Call of Duty: Black Ops and Scott Pilgrim and going straight to Scott Pilgrim first. Waiting on getting it tomorrow at Ultimate Electronics.

[quote name='bardockkun']Congrats! Not many I can ever think of buying Call of Duty: Black Ops and Scott Pilgrim and going straight to Scott Pilgrim first. Waiting on getting it tomorrow at Ultimate Electronics.[/QUOTE]

I managed to make it three deleted scenes in before I was like "welp, time to shoot some stuff!"

The first deleted scene with Knives and Scott meeting each other should've been included.

[quote name='Scorch']I managed to make it three deleted scenes in before I was like "welp, time to shoot some stuff!"

The first deleted scene with Knives and Scott meeting each other should've been included.[/QUOTE]
Meh, still good in my opinion. Especially with how it was still first thing.

So I'm going to guess it's the bus scene like in the comic?

[quote name='bardockkun']Meh, still good in my opinion. Especially with how it was still first thing.

So I'm going to guess it's the bus scene like in the comic?[/QUOTE]

Indeed.
Her mom was lecturing her, she dropped books, Scott helped her pick them up. A voiceover said "Scott Pilgrim - Rating: AWESOME" and Cera winked at the camera. It then cut to Kim, who said "Is that really the whole story?" or something to that effect

I'm a couple missions in to Black Ops, so it's the perfect time to stop and watch some Scott Pilgrim. I'm trying to balance time between the two because after noon tomorrow, I won't have time to watch or play anything for a few days!

I don't remember something about Ramona..

Did Ramona smoke in the graphic novels? She smokes in a deleted scene in the park. Good dialog, though..

*Ramona pulls out a cigarette*
Scott: Ummmm... uh... um... you smoke?
Ramona: Only on special occasions. You want one?
Scott: No, smoking is evil, isn't it? I mean, who smokes? Hitler.. Satan.. wait, is this a special occasion?
Ramona: I don't know, is it?
Scott: Well, seeing as I'm totally obsessed with you, I'd say, yeah.
Scott: Can we pretend I didn't say, "Totally obsessed"?
Ramona: Sure.
Scott: I just haven't been this interested in a girl for a long time.
Ramona: That's probably because you sleep with a guy.
Scott: Um..
Ramona: I was just guessing from your apartment, but you totally do.
Scott: Well, we just can't afford two beds. We're not gay. Well, Wallace is gay. He's very gay, but between the two of us, we're only 50% gay. We're demi-gay.

Sorry for talking about it so much.. I've been waiting to see this on Blu since the second I saw this movie on opening night :whee:

[quote name='Scorch']I don't remember something about Ramona..

Did Ramona smoke in the graphic novels? She smokes in a deleted scene in the park. Good dialog, though..

*Ramona pulls out a cigarette*
Scott: Ummmm... uh... um... you smoke?
Ramona: Only on special occasions. You want one?
Scott: No, smoking is evil, isn't it? I mean, who smokes? Hitler.. Satan.. wait, is this a special occasion?
Ramona: I don't know, is it?
Scott: Well, seeing as I'm totally obsessed with you, I'd say, yeah.
Scott: Can we pretend I didn't say, "Totally obsessed"?
Ramona: Sure.
Scott: I just haven't been this interested in a girl for a long time.
Ramona: That's probably because you sleep with a guy.
Scott: Um..
Ramona: I was just guessing from your apartment, but you totally do.
Scott: Well, we just can't afford two beds. We're not gay. Well, Wallace is gay. He's very gay, but between the two of us, we're only 50% gay. We're demi-gay.

Sorry for talking about it so much.. I've been waiting to see this on Blu since the second I saw this movie on opening night :whee:[/QUOTE]
Yeah she did. So it's nothing new.

Plus only good deal is if you have an Ultimate Electronics store near you they should have it for $20.95.

last thing I'll say tonight.. while the colors don't seem as vibrant as they were in the theater, it more than makes up for it sound wise (English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1). Holy crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i remember that conversation with Ramona in the comics.

and as for the colors well that's just about par with what both reviews said so I guess that's fine. Ya'll know my set up not gonna matter to me personally anyway.[quote name='JStryke']Is it just the dvd copy that's being delayed, or is streaming also delayed? Hopefully the streaming will be up as I'm using a trial that runs out around the end of the month.[/QUOTE]now that is a fair reason to be concerned about any delay.

yeah i remember that conversation with Ramona in the comics.

and as for the colors well that's just about par with what both reviews said so I guess that's fine. Ya'll know my set up not gonna matter to me personally anyway.

Man, they really packed the deleted scenes and rest of the blu ray. I'm glad Last Song Kills Audience and the original ending made it into the movie.

I've already watched the bluray twice.

Also, the deleted
extra life
scene should've been included in the movie instead of the one they used.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've already watched the bluray twice.

Also, the deleted
extra life
scene should've been included in the movie instead of the one they used.[/QUOTE]
I Think any scenes with Wallace should've been included in general. The Pizza Pizza extended scene with him and other Scott was friggin hilarious.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think any scenes with Wallace should've been included in general. The Pizza Pizza extended scene with him and other Scott was friggin hilarious.[/QUOTE]
True. Wallace is the most consistently funny character. (Although, the funniest line was a Young Neil line "He punched the highlights out of her hair!")

I agree with Wallace being the best character with the best lines. I think the dialogue in the movie is better than the book for the most part.

Although I liked Young Neil being promoted to Neil.

bread's done
Back