Scott Pilgrim comics and movie! Blu-Ray/DVD is out now!

[quote name='Strell']I agree with Wallace being the best character with the best lines. I think the dialogue in the movie is better than the book for the most part.[/QUOTE]
I Agree, but then again lines like the one ChibiJosh said that are from the book are delivered better then I ever could've hoped.

Easily one of the few movies that tops the original source material in my opinion.

Sometimes I walk around and randomly say LOOK OUT IT'S THAT ONE GUY.

I take it if I check the DVD board here I'll figure out the best place to pick it up? Or does anyone think waiting until BF is a better course of action?

As of right now best deal for it is Ultimate Electronics (if you have one around your area) for 20.95 for the blu ray combo pack. Otherwise I'm sure some kinda Black Friday deal.

[quote name='Strell']I agree with Wallace being the best character with the best lines. I think the dialogue in the movie is better than the book for the most part.

Although I liked Young Neil being promoted to Neil.[/QUOTE]

While the dialogue may be better in the movie than the books, the reactions in the books are better, I think. Neil's reaction to Scott calling him Neil in the book is awesome.

[quote name='bardockkun']As of right now best deal for it is Ultimate Electronics (if you have one around your area) for 20.95 for the blu ray combo pack. Otherwise I'm sure some kinda Black Friday deal.[/QUOTE]

The 30% off coupon from Best Buy puts it a little under $20.95 (you have to be a reward zone member to use it). I had a $5 reward zone coupon which made it $15.

Finally saw this last night. Really enjoyed it, however Michael Cera didn't really do it for me as Scott. I only see that awkward nerd from Arrested Development & Superbad.

[quote name='Rodimus']Finally saw this last night. Really enjoyed it, however Michael Cera didn't really do it for me as Scott. I only see that awkward nerd from Arrested Development & Superbad.[/QUOTE]for what it's worth having seen Superbad I think that's what they were going for. You might argue that's not who Scott is but I think that's wha they were trying to do with the movie.

[quote name='Gden']It sucks but the XBLA game is no longer on sale, wish I had noticed the post of it being on sale earlier.[/QUOTE]

No, it's on sale until Monday 11/15. You just have to be a Gold member to see the sale price.

i need my bing ms points to come asap so i can pick up the XBLA game of Scott Pilgrim.

i agree that Wallace was the best in the movie, his lines always made me laugh.

Saw the movie. Read the books. Saw the movie again at a friend's on Thursday.

I think I prefer the movie.

Bought the game since it's 5 bucks, but was annoyed to hear they still haven't fixed the freezing problem. It's certainly a more tolerable issue for 5 bucks, though.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm going to go to a Black Ops midnight launch event and try to convince them that there's no logical reason that they can't sell me Scott Pilgrim at midnight.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I go to midnight launches it seems like they are always trying to push other stuff released that day onto me, without asking in the first place. Still have annoying memories of Best Buy employees reminding us not to forget to pick up Knocked Up on DVD or HD DVD during their Halo 3 midnight launch.

[quote name='Scorch']The 30% off coupon from Best Buy puts it a little under $20.95 (you have to be a reward zone member to use it). I had a $5 reward zone coupon which made it $15.[/QUOTE]

This. Anybody who wants the blu combo pack, today is your last day to use both the 30% coupon and the sale price. It comes out to $18.89 before tax, BTW. Speaking of the coupon, the Kick-Ass blu combo is on sale for $13, and the 30% coupon drops it to $9.09. Figured anybody trying to grab SP today might be interested in that also. Coupon code needs to be put in once for each movie though.

Anyway, yeah, I watched the blu the other day, and the colors definitely seemed to be not as great as I remember them. Which makes me wonder, is the DVD or Digi copy any better?

[quote name='Wolfkin']for what it's worth having seen Superbad I think that's what they were going for. You might argue that's not who Scott is but I think that's wha they were trying to do with the movie.[/QUOTE]

or it's the only character Michael Cera knows how to play.

[quote name='Chronis']This. Anybody who wants the blu combo pack, today is your last day to use both the 30% coupon and the sale price. It comes out to $18.89 before tax, BTW. Speaking of the coupon, the Kick-Ass blu combo is on sale for $13, and the 30% coupon drops it to $9.09. Figured anybody trying to grab SP today might be interested in that also. Coupon code needs to be put in once for each movie though.

Anyway, yeah, I watched the blu the other day, and the colors definitely seemed to be not as great as I remember them. Which makes me wonder, is the DVD or Digi copy any better?[/QUOTE]

premier silver members only.

wow, I just saw this on the Zune Marketplace.... I am so glad I didn't give into the hype of the movie and blind buy it. It's worth a rental at best.

/me shrugs

guess everyone can't be a fan.
[quote name='RawrrSlayer']Wallace Bugged me in the movie...
All I could see was Macaulay Culkin...It was Horrible :([/QUOTE]wow really? I've never really thought Kiren looked like Macaulay all that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hell Monkey']When does the game DLC hit XBL? I saw it on PSN but can't find it on my 360.[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to come out before the end of the month. Apparently PS3 had it exclusively for at least 1 week.

[quote name='Wolfkin']
wow really? I've never really thought Kiren looked like Macaulay all that much.[/QUOTE]
No. They definitely look alike. I think it's the eyes.

fuck, I guess I missed the boat on getting all the books for cheap; a lot of them are close to $9 on Amazon now. Anyone know where I can get the whole set for around $30; really don't want to spend any more than that.

You can hope for a Black Friday sale, Lolwut, but they were on sale for about a month, so that's some serious boat missing. :(

Just wondering- watching the movie now before reading the books (I've been lazy about reading lately) won't ruin everything for me, will it?

hard to say. They're pretty similar; the same. So technically yes. You'll know who the evil exs are going in the books. but aside from that.. there's not a lot to say "spoil". Sure you have an idea how the vegan one is defeated but the books are a) about more than that and b) much longer. I'm rereading the series again in as bathroom material (because it's something I enjoy reading) and as I've just seen the movie again with my sister twice now. I'm a little amazed they managed to squeeze the entire series into a movie and not have it suck. I've always said my favorite style of video media is the mini-series. Look at BSG Season 1, and The 4400 Season 1. Those were mini-series and they were fantastic. Scott Pilgrim would have made a great miniseries.

There's a lot cut out from the books. Nothing earth shattering, but some fairly major plot points, fights and stories, but again the short version is don't worry about it. There's still plenty to enjoy in the books after the movie.

This isn't Kick-***.

The movie would make more sense if you had read it first. It does not explain everything as well as the comics IMO. But I don't think you would enjoy the books less if you watched the movie first.

I saw the movie first and didn't feel the books got spoiled, nor would I imagine hating the movie if the situation were reversed.

I think the movie handles certain aspects of the story MUCH better, but it did cut some things here and there that would have been nice additions. I doubt you'll have many complaints either way if you liked one or the other.

I watched the movie first then read the books. I'm with Strell - I didn't feel spoiled on the books at all. There's SO much more in the books than in the movies, and a lot of the situations are changed around. Watch the movie.. if you like it and would like to expand on the story a bit more, read the books, they're well worth it.

[quote name='Strell']I saw the movie first and didn't feel the books got spoiled, nor would I imagine hating the movie if the situation were reversed.

I think the movie handles certain aspects of the story MUCH better, but it did cut some things here and there that would have been nice additions. I doubt you'll have many complaints either way if you liked one or the other.[/QUOTE]
I'm another one who watched the movie first in the theater, then read the books, and I think I like it better this way.

You know, what's weird is a lot of the little things they cut that I noticed re-watching it on DVD after reading the books (like how Scott first met Knives) were actually filmed and ended up in the deleted scenes. The only thing I wish they would've touched on in the movie like they did in the book would be at least a passing comment about Scott being "the best fighter in his province" to at least give a semblance of reason to his crazy Matrix-y martial arts skills. Most of the edits really did benefit the movie though. I so greatly admire the treatment it got in translation to the big screen.

Definitely one of my favorite comic book movies of all time now. Most shocking since the comic books weren't even on my radar before my nephew absolutely insisted I go with him to see this in the theater. Now I'm definitely sorry I wasn't on the O'Malley bandwagon sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how I feel about one character+ online play for 5.00 in a type of game that would have otherwise had it on launch. I'm not sure I like the message this sends should it be profitable for Ubisoft.

Perhaps I'm overthinking it.

The game was pretty good for what it was, despite being relatively short. Hope they add some more Achievements/Trophies, too.

bread's done
Back