SKATE. - Go Skate Now >_< - Vote for CAG Videos to Help for Achevements

[quote name='mr ryles']I think the problem is coming from the fact that I have been a member to the EA site for awhile due to madden, like since madden 06 on the 360. So they had all my info and my gamertag was already linked to them. I wasn't aware of this, but when I first went to the skate site I just entered my email and I was all linked up, but for some reason the skate site doesn't recognize it, but the main EA site does.[/quote]

You need to make a new EA account it sounds like. Then you can link your old EA account and your Gamtertage. I had to do the same, which I finnally figured out after using my old EA login on the skate.reel page.

I got mine today from GS, I had it pre-ordered. Do you think they had the free shirt you are supposed to get with it? No of course not.

[quote name='kapkorn']I got mine today from GS, I had it pre-ordered. Do you think they had the free shirt you are supposed to get with it? No of course not.[/quote]Mine has the shirt, but I don't know if i'll actually be able to get it. Being it's a holiday and I can't pick it up untill tomorrow night. So if I don't get the shirt I wont be getting it though.

I made it over to GS around 11 Central and picked a copy in from the 2 they got along with a T-shirt. Now I just have to wait till after work to play it.

Edit: Got a chance to go home for lunch and was able to create my skater and play a few minutes. I think the creat-a-skater could be a lot better but I guess it does what it needs to.

from playing a few hours... man, this has alot of potential. So good...

I think that this is superb starting ground for a new franchise... everything just meshes so well together.

All the sequel needs really is new tricks, more skater options, and fixed game bugs...

it's cool to see you can do reverts also :)

mine hasn't even shipped form amazon.com yet, Imay see if i can pick it up today then just return my Amzon copy later next week.

I went to 2 Gamestops, Wal-Mart, Circuit City, and 2 Best Buys until I got the 2nd to last copy at the 2nd BestBuy. I didn't think I'd have that much of a problem getting it.

Mine shipped today from Familyvideo, should hopefully have it early next week, at least I have Stranglehold and Bioshock to hold me over until then. Add me if anyone wants to play some Skate online sometime.

I'm still debating on picking this up.

I haven't played the demo, and I have to ask:

Is it pretty easy to pick up, being that the controls are so radically different than what we're used to?

[quote name='Maynard']Just got home from Best Buy with my copy of Skate and NHL 08 :)[/quote]

Ahh I envy you. I get both of those Monday from liongames

[quote name='Brak']I'm still debating on picking this up.

Is it pretty easy to pick up, being that the controls are so radically different than what we're used to?[/QUOTE]

In short, no, it was pretty disorienting for me at first due to THPS-impulse.

Is it pretty easy to pick up, being that the controls are so radically different than what we're used to?[/quote]

imo i prefer the controls compared to thps(last i played was thug) at first theyre a bit weird but after u try them out u get used to it

Is it pretty easy to pick up, being that the controls are so radically different than what we're used to?[/quote]

I picked them up right away. I haven't played a Tony Hawk in awhile, so maybe it was easier for me to break my old habits.

Just so you guys know the intro video is freaking great and hilarious. Really impressed by the production value of this game so far.

Also Dill is getting to be an OLD MAN!

Anyone play this to a custom soundtracks? Maybe just my taste in music, but playing this to some Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco, well it don't get no better than that.

Is it pretty easy to pick up, being that the controls are so radically different than what we're used to?[/QUOTE]
I couldn't play the new TH demo after playing this.

The controls take time to learn, but are far from impossible and you feel accomplished when you pull off a sick trick.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']bleh couldnt find a copy anywhere other than gamestop but all of those were reserved :bomb:[/quote]

Best Buy close to here in Aventura had four rows full when I was there a few hours ago. I think they are just slow getting out on the shelves at some stores.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Best Buy close to here in Aventura had four rows full when I was there a few hours ago. I think they are just slow getting out on the shelves at some stores.[/quote]

ic was hoping to get it at GS though cuz of the 10% off :lol:(yes im that cheap)

[quote name='Santurio']I can't get an online game going. that sucks[/quote]

Yep, also the achivements that have you upload vids isn't working either.

[quote name='mr ryles']Anyone play this to a custom soundtracks? Maybe just my taste in music, but playing this to some Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco, well it don't get no better than that.[/QUOTE]

if you go a few pages back, we talked a bit about it... the game is pretty much made for custom tracks.

I have some videos I need to still upload that I saved with a wallride to 20ft drop off perpendicular to the ground... really cool looking...

game is the best thing I've played in a long ass time.

[quote name='Maynard']Just so you guys know the intro video is freaking great and hilarious. Really impressed by the production value of this game so far.

Also Dill is getting to be an OLD MAN![/QUOTE]

I have to say the same... it really reminded me of the old hook-ups skate videos. good stuff.

and yeah, I remember Dill when his fro was all over the place, now I can barely recognize the guy.

Wow so this game is fun. I did the campaign for a couple hours then I played online with some random people. I ended up doing the Ranked skate spot comps until 5 am. It was a blast.

Target better have some of these guys for me tomorrow. My friend bought a 360 for this game also. He played the demo on mine and had to have it. Weve skated for a long time and every system he has owned was for a skate game, n64 = THPS, 360 = skate.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm all for it. Maybe we can setup some sessions and post some online choreographed stuff.[/quote]

Sounds good

I won't be around tonight until 10:45 central, but tomorrow is pretty much open for me

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Let's make a CAG team[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in a CAG team, don't have the game yet, but hopefully it'll be in the mail on Monday or Tuesday.

Wtf...its like impossible for me to nollie 360 flip if anyone is on xbl and would like to explain/show me i'd appreciate it. GT: seen415

So, i'm wizzing thru the game, and a pop-up gave me $50 bucks off the LIMITED EDITION adidas shoes which sell for $150....anyone else get this?
Here are the shoes:
www.shopadidas.com/easkate

Kind of useless IMO as I don't even like adidas shoes, a nike coupon that is something i could have put to use.

[quote name='seen']Wtf...its like impossible for me to nollie 360 flip if anyone is on xbl and would like to explain/show me i'd appreciate it. GT: seen415

So, i'm wizzing thru the game, and a pop-up gave me $50 bucks off the LIMITED EDITION adidas shoes which sell for $150....anyone else get this?
Here are the shoes:
www.shopadidas.com/easkate

Kind of useless IMO as I don't even like adidas shoes, a nike coupon that is something i could have put to use.[/quote]Haha , now that is ingame Advertising to a new level.

Also how long into the game are you able to learn new tricks I feel like nothing is getting unlocked. Yeah it's cool to skate , but I want some new tricks real bad.

instead of new tricks, its more about being creative with your surroundings... I find more joy in that than more tricks really.

also, as for the adidas, I don need shoes but thats not bad of a deal... though thats bad if its a pop-up

[quote name='Bazz']Also how long into the game are you able to learn new tricks I feel like nothing is getting unlocked. Yeah it's cool to skate , but I want some new tricks real bad.[/quote]

I thought you were able to do every trick right away. The developer FAQ talked about that.

[quote name='coltcannon']I thought you were able to do every trick right away. The developer FAQ talked about that.[/quote]Lol I didn't realize the trick book, but holy shit stuff is hard to do perfect.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']My girlfriend is pissed that you can't create a girl skater. I still have yet to break the seal on my copy.[/quote]

A surprising messup that I probably wouldn't have noticed. They could have had someone like Elisa Steamer, I honestly don't know of many others(a few vert dunno their names.)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anybody successfully pulled off a 900 yet??[/QUOTE]

I pulled a 720 in the bowl in the demo area. Surely there is an area to pull a 900.

bread's done
Back