Skylanders: Stump Smash, Sonic Boom in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='theblizzman']Walked into target last night and they must have restocked the shelves 10 minutes before I got there. There was a customer with a cart filled with skylanders pulling every one off the rack. I had to step around him to get two (Cynder & Double Trouble). He had every other Cynder, Double trouble, Empire of Ice, Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant. This is why they are so hard to find.[/QUOTE]

I'm so mad at my local Target. I was there Thursday night and they said they were expecting a shipment Saturday and would have it out first thing in the morning. So last night I drove past there twice on my way to other things and didn't stop in because I thought it would be a waste of time with the shipment coming Saturday. I'm not a morning person at all but I got up early today and volunteered to take my kids to their morning activities so I could stop by that Target. They had a handful of "commons" sitting there. Electronics guy said they got a lot last night and put them out then :bomb:. So if I had stopped in at my normal night-time shopping hours (7-9 pm) I probably would have found at least something decent. But, no, the one time I try to hit a store in the early morning it backfires on me. Next time, Electronics dude at Target, just say you don't know instead of giving me concrete but utterly wrong info!

[quote name='Corvin']So has anyone used Cynder yet? Just curious if she's decent or just the "hot new fig."

Just missing Boomer here(3DS figs excluded). So I'm good until Dragon's Peak and the next 3-pack around Easter.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Cynder, and yes she is very good.

Speaking of Target, the weekly ad is promising 'single figures' for tomorrow. So, it sounds like there will be some pissed off customers tomorrow, as it appears that stores put them out early...and hence there will be nothing on Sunday morning.

[quote name='dragonjud']Speaking of Target, the weekly ad is promising 'single figures' for tomorrow. So, it sounds like there will be some pissed off customers tomorrow, as it appears that stores put them out early...and hence there will be nothing on Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]
Unless the stores did as they were told and put some out but held some for Sunday. My store put out exactly half of what we received on Friday the rest are waiting to go out on Sunday.

[quote name='thegame85']

This is definitely not for me [/QUOTE]

Haha, awesome. Storage Wars FTW. :D

At the Target on Eldridge/FM 1960 and they have the Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sargeant and Drobot/Stump Smash/Flameslinger packs. No singles or Adventure Packs.

Decent kids game that caught on during Christmas. Once the hoarders/flippers caught on to their popularity they've been emptying the shelves whenever they get restocked (to sell on Ebay).

You see some sellers making a huge profit, but honestly most are just idiots breaking even. They are, however, causing a headache for honest parents that are just trying to buy the figures for their kids.

Made a round of all the stores in the area (Sams, Gamestop x3, BB, KMart, Target TRU and WalMart) to see what was available. Managed to get a Pirate Seas Adventure Pack, 3 pack with Eruptor, Chop Chop and Bash and a 3 pack with Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf and Sonic Boom.

My wife pointed out that the packages say for ages 6+ and not 6 - 40. I feel so ashamed :(

[quote name='synnarc']Made a round of all the stores in the area (Sams, Gamestop x3, BB, KMart, Target TRU and WalMart) to see what was available. Managed to get a Pirate Seas Adventure Pack, 3 pack with Eruptor, Chop Chop and Bash and a 3 pack with Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf and Sonic Boom.

My wife pointed out that the packages say for ages 6+ and not 6 - 40. I feel so ashamed :([/QUOTE]

Ouch the eruptor bash and chop chop pack has been in and out of stock on amazon for a while... and same with the pirate seas pack.

[quote name='synnarc']
My wife pointed out that the packages say for ages 6+ and not 6 - 40. I feel so ashamed :([/QUOTE]

Don't be, the game is great!

I only need the Prism Break/Voodood/Boomer pack and i'll have all that's out now. But this is proving to be quite a tough task. :(

[quote name='vantheman']Why are these so popular? Are they a collector's item or is the game actually fun to play?[/QUOTE]

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos and it looks boring as hell to me. Probably fun for kids, but people get caught up in the "I have to get" mindset, and this is the latest thing.

my kid loves it. i play with him and its fun. really stupid but fun. I bought the starter and the bash, chop chop and eruptor set. i'd like to get him stump and terrafin

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos and it looks boring as hell to me. Probably fun for kids, but people get caught up in the "I have to get" mindset, and this is the latest thing.[/QUOTE]

Do you ever say anything positive? What is your purpose in this thread if you think the game is boring as hell? Troll much?

[quote name='confoosious']Do you ever say anything positive? What is your purpose in this thread if you think the game is boring as hell? Troll much?[/QUOTE]

Probably just someone saying bad things about the game to convince themselves they don't need it, then will break down and buy it here shortly, and will be asking everyone where to find so and so because they need them desperately.

Like I said in the other thread, this game is worth the price of admission just to see all of these asshats turn hypocrite in front of us.

[quote name='SteveGo']Probably just someone saying bad things about the game to convince themselves they don't need it, then will break down and buy it here shortly, and will be asking everyone where to find so and so because they need them desperately.

Like I said in the other thread, this game is worth the price of admission just to see all of these asshats turn hypocrite in front of us.[/QUOTE]

Like the dude who said this was an activision scam? :lol:

The hate wont go away on this game, if it's not one thing it's another. What happened to all the people that said the game would be on clearance by now?

[quote name='skiizim']The hate wont go away on this game, if it's not one thing it's another. What happened to all the people that said the game would be on clearance by now?[/QUOTE]

Well ill admit i was wrong on that i said when it came out i like the premise but 70 is way too much for the starter pack ill wait till this is 20 or lower in 3-5 months well 3 months later the starter pack has dropped a bit but everything else is rare as hell.

[quote name='skiizim']The hate wont go away on this game, if it's not one thing it's another. What happened to all the people that said the game would be on clearance by now?[/QUOTE]

It's okay, all the haters can just go play their Call of Duty and STFU.

We're gonna have fun.

Let's be fair.. it IS expensive for what it is. But I'm ALSO playing with my kid and when I'm constantly laughing at the game, I'm entertained. Period.

The incidentally kid having fun, playing what is considered a "daddy" game, and figuring stuff out like locks and hidden treasures just heaps it on.

Incidentally, my favorite is Slam Bam thus far.

[quote name='coopscohen']Still looking for Cynder. Only character I need. I went to a BB, WM, Target and (2) GS. Does it even exist LOL?[/QUOTE]

It was on gamestop.com last night but everytime i tried to add to cart it just said it was out of stock

[quote name='confoosious']Do you ever say anything positive? What is your purpose in this thread if you think the game is boring as hell? Troll much?[/QUOTE]

I say lots of positive things about a lot of games. Just so happens I thought this one looked like a turd, I was bored watching videos. Pretty obvious that people who've sunk who knows how much money into this one game already feel very threatened by negative comments about it. I would too. Personally, I'm happy I haven't been sucked into it...I can think of better ways to waste my money than on 1 level expansions, lol. It's a genius rip-off on Activision's part.

But anyhow, I was just answering the guy's question, wasn't even talking to you. That was my purpose, I'm so broken up that you don't approve of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SteveGo']Probably just someone saying bad things about the game to convince themselves they don't need it, then will break down and buy it here shortly, and will be asking everyone where to find so and so because they need them desperately.

Like I said in the other thread, this game is worth the price of admission just to see all of these asshats turn hypocrite in front of us.[/QUOTE]

Every funnier is seeing all the grown men crying like babies in this thread because they couldn't get their toys at the store.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I say lots of positive things about a lot of games. Just so happens I thought this one looked like a turd, I was bored watching videos. I was just answering the guy's question, wasn't even talking to you.[/QUOTE]

You know most people like to look at the threads of games they're interested in. The fact that you're still posting in this thread despite thinking it's really boring and a turd means you're doing nothing here but trolling.

Sorry you don't like the game but maybe you could try to act like an adult your purport to be. :roll:

[quote name='confoosious']You know most people like to look at the threads of games they're interested in. The fact that you're still posting in this thread despite thinking it's really boring and a turd means you're doing nothing here but trolling.

Sorry you don't like the game but maybe you could try to act like an adult your purport to be. :roll:[/QUOTE]

You got it, I'm gone.

[quote name='confoosious']
Sorry you don't like the game but maybe you could try to act like an adult your purport to be. :roll:[/QUOTE]

And this is why you are awesome, confoosious. :D

Well, I can tell you this thing is a hit with the kids. Not only does my 9 year-old like it (and as I said before it was the hot topic at school after Christmas break), but my 4 year old knows all the figures by name (even the ones that are not out yet), and is also obsessed with it. And beyond that my not yet 2 year-old daughter loves the figs as well. If her brothers are playing she'll come up and ask them for a "guy" to hold while they play. My 12 year-old son is a non-stop Halo player and he thinks Skylanders is stupid. However, he did get invited to a Skylanders party by a classmate so it hits that age group as well to a certain extent, anyway. Add in the adults (like me) who enjoy hunting down the figs in the wild, and you have an all-around success.

Now of course I've gotten my nearly complete set on the cheap thanks to CAG and my well-honed game shopping skill so I haven't paid anywhere near retail. But even if you did, it isn't quite the rip-off it may seem on the surface. The figures are very well made and hold up just fine as toys in their own right. How many people here who are scoffing at this game and the figures have bought Star Wars figures or Spiderman figures or Transformers or whatever for $6 - $8 just to have them? I bet more than a few hands are raised ;). These have that factor plus they are the actual game characters. My kids will often just take the tote and play with them on the table with no game even turned on. So they work both as toys and DLC and that is fine by me and reason enough to get them as long as I have the (cheapass) means.

I got the last Whirlwind and a triple pack with Elf, Sonic Boom, and Wrecking Ball at Target on Friday. They also had a couple of Darklight packs, a pack with ice characters/area, and one or two more singles.
Some guy about my age came as I was there and said "Yes! They have it!" on the ice one and grabbed it and ran back to the front of the store. I asked if that one was a really cool one, he said "It's just really popular, out of stock now, probably until next week." I thought, next week? I could wait a week.
Anyway, I'm going to give these to my boy today on condition that I get one of them to be 'mine' since he's got like 12 others.
Is there enough game play added by different elements to make it 'worthwhile' (I admit that they're cool and probably fun just as figures on their own.)
If I were to start a brand new game, I couldn't (shouldn't) use any of the characters he's already used, because they've already leveled up and stuff, is that correct?

You could start over, but if he's been playing on your account, the achievements are pretty nit-picky in that regard. With the ease of drop-in and drop-out play, I'd say just keep playing with him and use "your" characters. You can help track down the harder to find stuff and do the speed runs.

I've been going through and using the "less used" characters that my kids rarely use just to see if they are any good leveled up.

As for the Adventure packs. It's a cool idea in theory, but all it amounts to is a single level/chapter and it's not DLC, so that means is the levels are already on the disc and the pack just acts as a key. Pretty shitty. Fortunately the level is selectable in the chapter select once you've opened it up. No need to put the thing back on the portal.

The Empire of Ice level was pretty lame. Imagine sliding around on ice for 80% of the level. I think the draw of this pack is clearly Slam Bam. We haven't leveled him up, but he certainly looks pretty cool.

The Pirate Seas pack is a little better but you have to play "Memory" with a deck of cards 5 or 6 times and they are unskippable, along with the character text explaining it every time you play. I like it because there are lots of enemies giving you an easy way to grind if you want.

[quote name='Corvin']You could start over, but if he's been playing on your account, the achievements are pretty nit-picky in that regard. With the ease of drop-in and drop-out play, I'd say just keep playing with him and use "your" characters. You can help track down the harder to find stuff and do the speed runs.

I've been going through and using the "less used" characters that my kids rarely use just to see if they are any good leveled up.

As for the Adventure packs. It's a cool idea in theory, but all it amounts to is a single level/chapter and it's not DLC, so that means is the levels are already on the disc and the pack just acts as a key. Pretty shitty. Fortunately the level is selectable in the chapter select once you've opened it up. No need to put the thing back on the portal.

The Empire of Ice level was pretty lame. Imagine sliding around on ice for 80% of the level. I think the draw of this pack is clearly Slam Bam. We haven't leveled him up, but he certainly looks pretty cool.

The Pirate Seas pack is a little better but you have to play "Memory" with a deck of cards 5 or 6 times and they are unskippable, along with the character text explaining it every time you play. I like it because there are lots of enemies giving you an easy way to grind if you want.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the expansion packs really are poorly done. They're the true definition of a key. Once you put the damn thing on the portal, you'll never have to use it again.

I've only bought the Pirate Seas, and that had to be the most boring level I've ever played in a game...I think even the target demographic for the game would've been extremely bored with that.

It sounds like Empire of Ice is more of the 'garbage' expansion. I think I'll hold off on a deal for that one.

I agree about the expansion packs being lame. The little items that come with it are quite handy for achievements though...i dont know how I would have done some without the Time Twist Hourglass or the Health potion or others

[quote name='io']My kids will often just take the tote and play with them on the table with no game even turned on. So they work both as toys and DLC and that is fine by me and reason enough to get them as long as I have the (cheapass) means.[/QUOTE]

THIS is the reason Skylanders is great. It's not just a video game and the figures get played with constantly without the game being turned on. We haven't had a chance to really play it yet since Christmas (my son is going through a "not listening" phase so he is constantly getting the games taken away) but hopefully we will find the time since football is almost over and we can't go outside to play...

I finally got a start set for PS3 (The $50 sale), but ALL of the major stores I went to were cleaned out of the figurines.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow or sometime in the week after my classes for another stock.

[quote name='SCUD4LIFE']Is the crypt expansion any better? I bought one and haven't had a chance to play it yet.[/QUOTE]

The level was good but it was really lock heavy. For a game that was aimed at kids, I thought it was kind of silly to put (what I though were) difficult puzzles in the middle of a game that you can't skip.

Because of this thread I finally bought my starter set today. Had to look at the different stores for packs. My local target, bestbuy, Walmart, toysrus, and even GameStop didn't have anything. The GameStop employee said there was one customer who bought their whole stock. It sucks! That person probably emptied the other stores as well. Sheesh. Ill probably have to wait when supply returns to normal. No need to rush and pay outrageous price online.

[quote name='thegame85']I agree about the expansion packs being lame. The little items that come with it are quite handy for achievements though...i dont know how I would have done some without the Time Twist Hourglass or the Health potion or others[/QUOTE]

Also remember you can put the level fig on the base during a level for a bomb effect.

On some of the later stages, having a room clearing blast can be quite a relief. Or during those boss fights where you have to fight like 3 evil Skylanders at once.

- With the expansion packs, are the key figures pretty much one and done? I mean, I understand that once you unlock the level it is open in game but can the key be used for someone else? I'm guessing not, but want to make sure.
- I have the starter 3 plus Drobot, Prism Break, Boomer, Voodood, Sonic Boom, Chop Chop, Flameslinger, and Stump Smash. Are there any other characters that are so good I should definitely get them?

[quote name='Tonner Cyn']- With the expansion packs, are the key figures pretty much one and done? I mean, I understand that once you unlock the level it is open in game but can the key be used for someone else? I'm guessing not, but want to make sure.
- I have the starter 3 plus Drobot, Prism Break, Boomer, Voodood, Sonic Boom, Chop Chop, Flameslinger, and Stump Smash. Are there any other characters that are so good I should definitely get them?[/QUOTE]

Stealth Elf is great

if you can find stealth elf anywhere that is i havent seen the single one in stores at all and its crazy priced on ebay. Almost seems worth it to just buy the 3ds pack for 50 bucks that has stealth ignitor and dark spyro in it and just hope u can get your 25 bucks back for the game and portal.

I actually think I saw a Stealth Elf on Saturday at Best Buy. I passed on getting her or any of the other characters they had (Bash, Whirlwind, Drill Seagent, Double Trouble, and a couple of others)...

[quote name='SCUD4LIFE']Is the crypt expansion any better? I bought one and haven't had a chance to play it yet.[/QUOTE]

I actually really liked it, the level introduced a day/night or dark/light mechanic that is unlike anything else in the game and is pretty cool. Agree about the lock puzzles being annoying though.

[quote name='synnarc']Made a round of all the stores in the area (Sams, Gamestop x3, BB, KMart, Target TRU and WalMart) to see what was available. Managed to get a Pirate Seas Adventure Pack, 3 pack with Eruptor, Chop Chop and Bash and a 3 pack with Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf and Sonic Boom.

HAHAHA this one really made me laugh!

[quote name='gunstar808']Also remember you can put the level fig on the base during a level for a bomb effect.

On some of the later stages, having a room clearing blast can be quite a relief. Or during those boss fights where you have to fight like 3 evil Skylanders at once.[/QUOTE]

Did not know that about the level figures. Thanks.

[quote name='powercreep']What do you mean level figures? Example please?[/QUOTE]

He means the pirate ship. While you only need it once to unlock the level, you can use it other times (once in each level) to launch a volley of cannonballs. Do the Darklight Crypt and Empire of Ice pieces do anything though? We never tried those.

Also, I wish now that I had bought duplicate figures when they were B1G1 and such before Christmas (as I doubt those sales will return for a while, anyway). My 4 year old wants his own figures to play with independently of my 9 year-olds collection :lol:. He keeps asking me when he can have his own Skylanders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a tree and water element skylander and then i'll have one of each. not interested in all of them just one of each type. my kid really wants the shark though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back