SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I think the SNES has the best library of games period. I don't really expect them or anyone else to top it sadly.
SNES through PS1 was the Golden Era.

These 16bit games were the first time developers were able to introduce meaningful storytelling and emotion into console games.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Europeans are gonna be pissed when they find out the USA bought all of their stock!
Scalp it from a U.S. importer? Payback for all the Amiibo we get scalped for by buying overseas because NOA likes to avoid meeting demand at all costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you flirting with me?

I have no expectations, man. This is probably gonna be hard to find no matter what. But I see some light at the end of the tunnel. Nintendo seems to have figured out a few things with the Switch and meeting demand, and I see where this could sit in their current plans in a way the NES Classic didn't in a pre-Switch world.

If I get one, great! If not, I'll keep waiting for someone to make an FPGA SNES so I can buy it and an Everdrive and bypass Nintendo completely, just like I did last year when I sold the NES Classic I got on launch day and used that money to buy the Retro USB AVS.
Lol! I genuinely like your outlook. Nintendo tends to do alot of dumb things, maybe more of us should show more faith that they will learn from their past F-ups...Maybe :)

The Everdrive N8 and ED 64v3 are amazing though. I own both and play them regularly. Worth it to anyone interested.

And just like that Nintendo made everyone forget how they couldn't get any of the new 3 link Amiibos...

:whistle2:

I don't know about you guys hesitating. Don't cry later when it goes oos. I will take advantage of any preorder that is available. You snooze you lose!!

Preordered the Amazon.co.uk version just now, so they're not blocking U.S. orders currently.  That message has been up on other items I've ordered from Amazon.co.uk this year, so it seems to not be in effect.  Will probably cancel UK version if can get a US preorder, but at least can get Star Fox 2 one way or another!

One reason that a lot of people thought that Nintendo released the NES Classic was to keep their name relevant during the holiday season when the Switch wasn't releasing till March. Now that the Switch is here and will do good during the holiday season, could Nintendo have finally come to their senses and know that these retro consoles can make them money and really make this a full release rather than a limited release. Hopefully, Nintendo learned from their mistakes with the NES Classic and will make a ton of these.

They've already said this will be a limited release.  Or at least that there's no current plans to ship any past 2017.  They did say more SNES Classics would be made than NES Classics, though.

Is it possible/reasonable to predict US preorder release times based off of when the became available in the UK? I.e. 5pm in UK may lead to 5pm preorder in US. I just don't have the mental capacity to predict it at the moment.

Is it possible/reasonable to predict US preorder release times based off of when the became available in the UK? I.e. 5pm in UK may lead to 5pm preorder in US. I just don't have the mental capacity to predict it at the moment.
Apparently the UK had pre-orders for the NES Classic so it's a crapshoot in trying to figure anything out for the US since we only had TRU and Target have them up for a few minutes each. No other sites in the US offered pre-orders.

One of my friends had his Amazon UK preorder cancelled too. Almost immediately after buying it. I assumed he did something wrong, since he placed the order right after the link went up, but I don't really know. He's new to importing.

They've already said this will be a limited release. Or at least that there's no current plans to ship any past 2017. They did say more SNES Classics would be made than NES Classics, though.
But they could be saying Limited as far as only selling it for a short span of time. They might have started mass producing these as soon as they saw the hype of the NES Classic was real. I don't see these being hard to produce and even between now until 9/29, they could make millions of these.

thought i had preordered on amazon, but was mistaken. 

Just to get rid of any misinformation

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1238330.html

"Please note: all games included in the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System are the original US 60 Hz releases."

You literally have no reason not to pre-order on Amazon right now other then possibly buying an adapter plug for the console.
This and also the Famicom design looks so much better than the US SNES IMO

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1238330.html

"Please note: all games included in the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System are the original US 60 Hz releases."

You literally have no reason not to pre-order on Amazon right now other then possibly buying an adapter plug for the console.
Plus it's a better looking console. I actually want the European one at this point.

"other then possibly buying an adapter plug for the console."

It's worth adding that everyone already has an adapter plug laying around. Have a smartphone, iPad, etc? That part that plugs into the wall from the USB cable is all you need!

Unless it says it can't ship to the US..

[attachment=26956:eek:hnoes.jpg]

But they could be saying Limited as far as only selling it for a short span of time. They might have started mass producing these as soon as they saw the hype of the NES Classic was real. I don't see these being hard to produce and even between now until 9/29, they could make millions of these.
Lol. They specifically said their focus was the Switch and 3DS. This is going to be easier to find compared to the NES in the sense that online orders will last a whopping 5 minutes longer. Maybe like 5 more in stores.

bread's done
Back