SONY PS3 SLIM Thread, AVAILABLE NOW $299, SHARE YOUR STORIES

Yeah, the free online is what really attracts me to the PS3. Though I hear from a lot of people that PSN sucks, I doubt it's that bad.

[quote name='Blackout']I have a hard time believing that the current PS3 exclusives couldn't be done on 360, and vice versa. Maybe one day we'll start seeing games where you seriously notice a difference between the two consoles, but I doubt it. PS3 games will probably never reach their full potential.

The games that have mostly relied heavily on multiple discs is RPGs. You're not going to play GTA 5, Gears of War 3, or those types of games and have to put in 5 different discs to finish the game.

I don't care about movies. I bought the PS3 to play games. That's it's main purpose. Being able to watch Blus is a nice feature, but the prices of the movies are just too high for me.[/QUOTE]

Wrong again.

Tell that to Naughty Dog about you thinking they are not using the PS3 to its full potential. Aside from using the entire blu-ray disc for Uncharted 2 they are using all the SPEs on the Cell this time. I won't even talk about God of War 3 which is going to run naturally at 1080p.

"Blu-Ray player" "Free PSN online service" "New low price" The reasons to buy the PS3 keep increasing.

So we know there are people who are holding out on PS3 due to the BC feature. How many people are passing on the system due to lack of room space? I'm curious to know what's taking up space - be it older consoles, entertainment systems, computers, furniture, etc..

Eh, we know that jer is simply an anti-PS3 reactionary.

I don't get it myself, but evidently he parties like it's 2006 and that it's both hip and noble to bash everything about the PS3.

The PS3 could come with a 3TB hard drive, do your dishes, make your bed, wipe your ass, and retail for $200. He would undoubtedly piss and moan that PS2 BC wasn't in there. Pay him no mind.

Anyone know if the RAM is upgradable in the PS3? I think the biggest problem with the PS3 not having full 1080P native resolution for Blu-ray games is the 512 MB RAM. I'm afraid that the slim (if it exists) will have a RAM upgrade, and that will screw all of us who just bought our systems.

I'm not complaining or anything, Uncharted 1 & 2, Killzone 2, tons of others look spectacular, but I'm wondering if they've already maxed out the hardware only 3-4 years in.

[quote name='jer7583']The reason PS2 BC is so important to people is who wants to commit to a PS3 hardware model without it, since we've seen that Sony can do it, and just removed it to mitigate some losses on selling that hardware. I highly doubt that they'll ever be able to get a 100% (or even 75%) software emulator for PS2 games on PS3 - The current state of PS2 emulation on PC still is rough and demands higher spec hardware than the PS3 has to get games running smoothly, due to the complexity of the PS2's guts.

The more I think about it the more convoluted it gets and I start to care less and less about the PS3 being under my TV. $300 is a good price, but I don't give a shit about the blu-ray, and I'd be getting it for exclusives only, which equates to about 10 Blu Ray games and probably 20 games total if you include PSN. Not really worth my $300.

Plus that controller sucks. fuck that circa 1996 shit.[/QUOTE]

Again, the majority of people who will buy PS2 games will do so through Gamestop and they'll almost absolutely be used. So what financial incentive does Sony have to include BC in the box? It's better business sense that they either charge ~$100 for a download software based solution or release games on the PSN.

You are a CheapAssGamer -- and that's totally awesome (I try to be, but my success at being patience has lapsed after I got a job). So I am highly certain that Sony and Microsoft does not make as much money off of you as a more typical non-CheapAssGamer. So they are not, nor will they ever, cater to people like you with such buying habits. Business is business and they're trying to maximize profits to the determent of consumers like us.

And if you dislike the PS3, as noted by your...
Plus that controller sucks. fuck that circa 1996 shit.

then why don't you just sell it and be done with the whole thing?

[quote name='jh6269']Anyone know if the RAM is upgradable in the PS3? I think the biggest problem with the PS3 not having full 1080P native resolution for Blu-ray games is the 512 MB RAM. I'm afraid that the slim (if it exists) will have a RAM upgrade, and that will screw all of us who just bought our systems.

I'm not complaining or anything, Uncharted 1 & 2, Killzone 2, tons of others look spectacular, but I'm wondering if they've already maxed out the hardware only 3-4 years in.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2 is Naughty Dog's 2nd PS3 title, and Killzone 2 is Gurilla Game's first PS3 title. 1st and 2nd Party developers are just now starting to understand the architecture (took them long enough) so there's absolutely more room for growth. Keep in mind the the Cell architecture is completely different than the Emotion Engine in the PS2 so everyone (including Sony) was starting from scratch, where-as the 360 architecture shared a lot of similarities to PC and the original Xbox (hence why their games looked good from the get-go).

Expect the learning curve to be substantially lower next gen (if there is one) should Sony decide to expand on the Cell architecture (most likely situation).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Phunin']Yeah, the free online is what really attracts me to the PS3. Though I hear from a lot of people that PSN sucks, I doubt it's that bad.[/QUOTE]

For a free service I think it has improved tremendously over the last year. One thing people don't really mention is how solid the voip is over the PSN.

Just to compare, XBL is a great service and has a lot of robust features, but the voip is a complete train wreck.

It got so bad a few weeks ago that when a few friends and I were playing Left 4 Dead on the 360, we all sounded like we were underwater and could barely hear each other. So we came up with the solution to just use our PS3s for voip and it worked like a charm. Not trying to bash the 360, I actually like mine a lot, I just never see people talk about how weak the voip on XBL is, so I was surprised when I ran into problems.

Anyways don't let naysayers regarding PSN's viability stop you from getting a PS3. It is constantly improving and it is not nearly as bad as some people might say it is.

[quote name='jh6269']Anyone know if the RAM is upgradable in the PS3? I think the biggest problem with the PS3 not having full 1080P native resolution for Blu-ray games is the 512 MB RAM. I'm afraid that the slim (if it exists) will have a RAM upgrade, and that will screw all of us who just bought our systems.

I'm not complaining or anything, Uncharted 1 & 2, Killzone 2, tons of others look spectacular, but I'm wondering if they've already maxed out the hardware only 3-4 years in.[/QUOTE]

Its not a problem at all, remember you are thinking in PC terms. With the PS3 the GPU doesn't do 100% of the processing and much of it is offloaded to the Cell SPEs. Games like WipEout HD are 1080p and you can expect God of War 3 to look spectacular.

[quote name='Mufasa']What I like about the PS3 is that everything is included.

The controllers are rechargeable without buying extra stuff
It is wireless without buying extra stuff
Online play is free

Those are all extra expenses on the 360. I'm not a 360 hater or anything, I would rather just buy everything in one. Also I need Metal Gear Solid, it is pretty much the reason I play vids. And I am not waiting for the 360 MGS, I just finished Snake Eater and now I need to pull the trigger on this new price (if it happens) and play it while it is fresh in my memory.[/QUOTE]

#1) I'm still fine with WIRED controllers, since I sit about 5 feet from my PS3.

#2 & 3) Not everybody WANTS to go online with their systems, so those 'you gotta pay extra if you own a 360' arguments suck and speaking of suck, PSN is at times a glitchy mess and they keep updating it with useless garbage(yay more words allowed per line in text chat).

As for me, I'm neither a PS3 or 360 'hater', but I don't exactly love either of them as much as some do.

[quote name='Phunin']Yeah, the free online is what really attracts me to the PS3. Though I hear from a lot of people that PSN sucks, I doubt it's that bad.[/QUOTE]

It is. The shit in the PSN store is overpriced($15 for a downloadable game? Get fucked, Sony.) They add in useless updates for garbage(see above)and while not Sony's doing, every stupid developer has to make a 'trophy' patch that takes 20 minutes to download. Shove trophies up your ass, Sony.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Of course a PS3 price drop thread has to turn into, "Why I THINK THE 360 is BETTER!" Thread.

Bejebus...[/QUOTE]

More like a "Please Sony masters, give me some more of that laced punch so I can drone on about the same inane points like always whenever someone defames your almighty name" thread.

I get a kick outta everybody who chimed in about 'NEEDING' a wireless adapter and XBL subscription and whatever else they say is necessary to play a 360.

You don't need a wireless adapter or XBL subscription unless you plan on playing online and you ONLY need the wifi adapter if you don't have enough ethernet cable to do a wired connection.

All you need to play a 360 is:

* a 360
*the controller in your hand
*game of your choice.

All of the other shit people mention is OPTIONAL. Say it with me: OPTIONAL

An Xbox 360 without online is pointless in my opinion. These days almost ALL games have a patch that can only be downloaded when you go online and many of these games NEED said patches if you want the game to play properly and not crash/delete saves/glitch on you.

[quote name='SynGamer']An Xbox 360 without online is pointless in my opinion. These days almost ALL games have a patch that can only be downloaded when you go online and many of these games NEED said patches if you want the game to play properly and not crash/delete saves/glitch on you.[/QUOTE]

See those three words at the end of your first sentence, that's exactly what the 'needing a wifi adapter and XBL subscription for a 360' retorts to anyone who critiques the PS3 are: OPINIONS

Plus, if devs actually released playable games that weren't bug filled messes, the assholes wouldn't NEED to have a patch you HAVE to download.

That's why I refuse to buy most games at MSRP anymore, is due to the sheer number of 'broken' games that're patched like crazy. If the devs want my money and they want me to pay MSRP, develop a game that's not a total piece of shit and then I'll consider it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']More like a "Please Sony masters, give me some more of that laced punch so I can drone on about the same inane points like always whenever someone defames your almighty name" thread.

I get a kick outta everybody who chimed in about 'NEEDING' a wireless adapter and XBL subscription and whatever else they say is necessary to play a 360.

You don't need a wireless adapter or XBL subscription unless you plan on playing online and you ONLY need the wifi adapter if you don't have enough ethernet cable to do a wired connection.

* a 360
*game of your choice.

All of the other shit people mention is OPTIONAL. Say it with me: OPTIONAL[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but a 360 without Live is like a man without a wang. It's pointless and borderline worthless. And the patches are also one of the other points, UNLESS you intend on pirating EVERY game for the 360.

Why do all you people think online play is sooooooo fuckin' important? Seriously? It's NOT!!!

Just two gens ago, people had to actually find REAL friends to play against in the same room.

Why is it 'so important' and it makes a console any less important if it's not online? Again....OPINION.

As for 'pirating' anything, I never have pirated a game and I never will. I'll just avoid the buggy crap that some devs call 'games', since I refuse to download patches more often than I get a chance to play the game.

[quote name='Paco']I'm sorry but a 360 without Live is like a man without a wang. It's pointless and borderline worthless. And the patches are also one of the other points, UNLESS you intend on pirating EVERY game for the 360.[/QUOTE]

I strongly disagree. Back in the day I never played online anyway, and enjoyed several games with friends, and by myself. I don't know If I could say the same for now since I'm use to playing online, and all my friends are off at college. Back on topic PS3 dropping in price is great to the people that don't have one, and worthless to the people that already do. Personally for me I could care less how much it was. I've owned one for 2 years now. Far as the people that don't have one. Maybe they will finally buy one since it isn't as expensive. People will still say well the 360 is cheaper If you buy the arcade bundle,but these days everyone I know that buys that ends up buying a HDD, and xbox live. So it isn't cheaper in the long run.

@ Paco

I strongly disagree. Back in the day I never played online anyway, and enjoyed several games with friends, and by myself. I don't know If I could say the same for now since I'm use to playing online, and all my friends are off at college. Back on topic PS3 dropping in price is great to the people that don't have one, and worthless to the people that already do. Personally for me I could care less how much it was. I've owned one for 2 years now. Far as the people that don't have one. Maybe they will finally buy one since it isn't as expensive. People will still say well the 360 is cheaper If you buy the arcade bundle,but these days everyone I know that buys that ends up buying a HDD, and xbox live. So it isn't cheaper in the long run.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why do all you drones think online play is sooooooo fuckin' important? Seriously? It's NOT!!!

Just two gens ago, people had to actually find REAL friends to play against in the same room.

Why is it 'so important' and it makes a console any less important if it's not online? Again....OPINION.

As for 'pirating' anything, I never have pirated a game and I never will. I'll just avoid the buggy crap that some devs call 'games', since I refuse to download patches more often than I get a chance to play the game.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why,but I quoted paco on page 14, and my post was on page 13. Which is odd. Anyway

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why do all you drones think online play is sooooooo fuckin' important? Seriously? It's NOT!!!

As for 'pirating' anything, I never have pirated a game and I never will. I'll just avoid the buggy crap that some devs call 'games', since I refuse to download patches more often than I get a chance to play the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you have no friends otherwise you would understand why online is important. I work nights so most of my friends are at work when I'm home, and home when I'm at work. Being able to play online with friends not only is convenient but it helps prolong a game that I would have otherwise hung up after begin the campaign. Halo 3 is a prime example of how multiplayer has extended the life of a game. I've put a few hundred hours into that game online playing with friends (and going back through the campaign on co-op).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why do all you people think online play is sooooooo fuckin' important? Seriously? It's NOT!!!

I'm assuming you have no friends otherwise you would understand why online is important. I work nights so most of my friends are at work when I'm home, and home when I'm at work. Being able to play online with friends not only is convenient but it helps prolong a game that I would have otherwise hung up after begin the campaign. Halo 3 is a prime example of how multiplayer has extended the life of a game. I've put a few hundred hours into that game online playing with friends (and going back through the campaign on co-op).

[quote name='nd20']Any updates on the actual topic of the thread? Ive called 4 or 5 FYE stores. The PS3 is still $399[/QUOTE]

Amen brother. I checked with some in my area, no price drop yet here either. Looks like it should drop with Sony's announcement at Gamescom festival in Cologne, Germany, which is in about 3 days, 11 hours (according to the countdown clock on the Gamescom website).

[quote name='mykevermin']Eh, we know that jer is simply an anti-PS3 reactionary.

I don't get it myself, but evidently he parties like it's 2006 and that it's both hip and noble to bash everything about the PS3.

The PS3 could come with a 3TB hard drive, do your dishes, make your bed, wipe your ass, and retail for $200. He would undoubtedly piss and moan that PS2 BC wasn't in there. Pay him no mind.[/QUOTE]

No. You're wrong. Why do you care so much what my motivations are, and why do you need to question them so much? Seriously, you're getting a lot SDF with that "just a Sony hater" stuff. Nothing I've said has been overly sensational or emotionally charged. PS3's used to have PS2 BC, now they don't. Why can't I expect that?

BC is in Sony's financial interest because it would help push more people over the fence to buy one. End of story.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']More like a "Please Sony masters, give me some more of that laced punch so I can drone on about the same inane points like always whenever someone defames your almighty name" thread.

* a 360
*game of your choice.

All of the other shit people mention is OPTIONAL. Say it with me: OPTIONAL[/QUOTE]

Really? So you think the definitive X360 experience is playing without XBL? Whatever floats your boat...

But really guys, stop derailing the thread to a fanboy wankfest.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why do all you people think online play is sooooooo fuckin' important? Seriously? It's NOT!!!

dont you play gta4 online? online gameplay is something that for years seperated console and pc gaming. look at games like gta4 would you still be playing the game if it didnt have online mp ? lot of games get very decent milage through mp games like halo , gta4 or burnout and any other game that has mp included as long as its fun people keep on playing them.

i remember a time when id play through a game once or twice and thats it now with online mp you can go in and challenge other people from the comfort of your own home. i miss the atmosphere of the arcade and being with people but its nice to be able to play a fighting game against people from all over the world and not have to drop quarter after quarter.

online play is an option that has proven itself valuable if its done right and its good to see more games adding it in especially since its free ( for the most part) yes you can buy map packs and what not or other extra crap but thats the gamers choice if they want to or not.

im buying uncharted 2 day one because of the mp its that good.

that aside my one gripe with sony is the gamesharing thing. they should have something where if you buy an online game or dlc you should get 4 extra 1 time download codes that you can give or trade to people.

[quote name='jer7583']

BC is in Sony's financial interest because it would help push more people over the fence to buy one. End of story.[/QUOTE]

What the hell? This is stupid. The reason they took it out in the first place is BECAUSE of their financial situation. Shoving an EE/GS chip into a PS3 isn't cheap. And it's VERY complex to emulate the PS2 for the PS3, it's not as simple as throwing all the power of the PS3 to emulate a PS2.

If they manage to bring BC back (w/out the HW of the ps2 in the ps3) I commend them. But really, I wouldn't blame them for it.

Another reason is that most people already own a PS2. They simply felt that most people who were going to buy a PS3 already own a PS2.

The 360 does need Live. If you don't have the ability to get it on Live, you're best off not getting one. You may not play a lot of online games, but it's necessary. It also needs Component/HDMI cables, and those are about to come out of the higher priced system.

With a PS3, you have a better chance of getting it online because it has wireless. I had to reconfigure my internet setup to get my 360 online because I'm not paying $100 for the 360 wireless adapter.

Honestly though, the only system that doesn't feel naked without Online Connectivity right now is the Wii.

[quote name='jer7583']No. You're wrong. Why do you care so much what my motivations are, and why do you need to question them so much? Seriously, you're getting a lot SDF with that "just a Sony hater" stuff. Nothing I've said has been overly sensational or emotionally charged. PS3's used to have PS2 BC, now they don't. Why can't I expect that?

BC is in Sony's financial interest because it would help push more people over the fence to buy one. End of story.[/QUOTE]

waitwaitwait...you're trying to tell me that I'm wrong - and in telling me that I'm wrong, you use the phrase "SDF"?

:cool:

[quote name='mykevermin']Eh, we know that jer...parties like it's 2006 and that it's both hip and noble to bash everything about the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Would people really have not bought an Xbox 360 if it didn't have BC in it?
I doubt ANY of you have put an xbox game in your console and if you did, it was probably just a one time thing

PS2 BC to the majority of PS3 owners does not matter, it just seems like it does because the people that want it do not own a PS3 and are very vocal about this.

Seriously, you can find PS2's on the street

And why are you blabbing nonsense about not needing Wi-fi or online play? The 360 wouldnt be half of what it is without xbox live. Plus most people do not appreciate having a cord run from their router to another room when they could just go wireless

Now that the PS3 is dropping to this magic price point everyone was waiting for, its NOT GOOD ENOUGH, nothings good enough for them

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technole']Its not a problem at all, remember you are thinking in PC terms. With the PS3 the GPU doesn't do 100% of the processing and much of it is offloaded to the Cell SPEs. Games like WipEout HD are 1080p and you can expect God of War 3 to look spectacular.[/QUOTE]

So is God of War 3 Going to be 1080p native resolution?
Pixeljunk Eden, Wipeout HD, Super Stardust HD are in 1080p, but those games are much smaller compared to Uncharted, Killzone 2, etc.

Anyway, I honestly have no idea, so I'm just wondering.

[quote name='jer7583']No. You're wrong. Why do you care so much what my motivations are, and why do you need to question them so much? Seriously, you're getting a lot SDF with that "just a Sony hater" stuff. Nothing I've said has been overly sensational or emotionally charged. PS3's used to have PS2 BC, now they don't. Why can't I expect that?

LOL. The people who complain about BC only use it until they can pay for PS3 games. I only used my BC until I got a good sizeable chunk of PS3 games. Nowadays I don't even use BC unless I'm going back to a gem I missed. I have a Full BC model too.

Yeah I have to admit when I bought my 60GB system near launch BC was a huge selling point but I've only used it maybe twice. I'm generally too busy playing current gen titles to go back to my PS2 library. I'd consider selling my 60GB system for a slim if I could make enough to come close to breaking even.

[quote name='Paco']I'm sorry but a 360 without Live is like a man without a wang. It's pointless and borderline worthless. And the patches are also one of the other points, UNLESS you intend on pirating EVERY game for the 360.[/QUOTE]

I have had a 360 for years and I never NEEDED live. Ive played about 100 games for it and played online for two of them, and could have gladly gone without. Most games aren't broken. The only one I have ever seen bug out on me was Fallout 3, and there is no patch to fix it.

BC is nice; I used the Wii to play some GCN games I missed, but after that, I haven't used it again. Lack of BC for the Wii wouldn't have been a show-stopper though.

I hope Sony does have an ace or two up its sleeve, and gets BC via firmware upgrade. There are quite a bit of PS2 games I'd like to play (never owned a PS2).

[quote name='nd20']Any updates on the actual topic of the thread? Ive called 4 or 5 FYE stores. The PS3 is still $399[/QUOTE]

UPDATE 8/16/09: I Checked with every FYE in my area, 15 stores. All the stores have been told by the district manager, after an email I sent him, that this sale/pricedrop will be active once word from SONY is given. GAMESCOM 2009 is tuesday, that will be the first likely news that we get from SONY officialy.

[quote name='Oswald9599']UPDATE 8/16/09: I Checked with every FYE in my area, 15 stores. All the stores have been told by the district manager, after an email I sent him, that this sale/pricedrop will be active once word from SONY is given. GAMESCOM 2009 is tuesday, that will be the first likely news that we get from SONY officialy.[/QUOTE]

Now the question is should I get an 80GB PS3 for $299 or wait and hope and pray that the Slim is announced and is also $299?

[quote name='Oswald9599']UPDATE 8/16/09: I Checked with every FYE in my area, 15 stores. All the stores have been told by the district manager, after an email I sent him, that this sale/pricedrop will be active once word from SONY is given. GAMESCOM 2009 is tuesday, that will be the first likely news that we get from SONY officialy.[/QUOTE]

sure Gamescon is Tuesday the 18th But Sony could announce on Tuesday that the price drop goes effective on

10-20-09

[quote name='Master Ninja']sure Gamescon is Tuesday the 18th But Sony could announce on Tuesday that the price drop goes effective on

10-20-09[/QUOTE]

Yes, but at least THEY will say something about it. Oct 20 is not a long time to wait. Also if the shipping of systems to retail has officially ceased, then I doubt they would make store wait long before readying up a new sku and/or a price drop.

[quote name='SynGamer']Now the question is should I get an 80GB PS3 for $299 or wait and hope and pray that the Slim is announced and is also $299?[/QUOTE]

Well...if the Slim doesn't offer anything over the existing 80gb model and is the same price, there probably isn't a reason to not get the current model anyway.

[quote name='Crnulus']Really? So you think the definitive X360 experience is playing without XBL? Whatever floats your boat...

But really guys, stop derailing the thread to a fanboy wankfest.[/QUOTE]

Fanboy? I have ZERO company loyalty. I go where the games I wanna play are and admittedly if not for God Of War 3, I would be gaming on a 360 right now. Why? Because virtually every game I've wanted to play has been multi-platform and I really don't care so much about the online aspect of gaming.

Although, if not for the online modes for GTA IV, I would've traded my copy of the game soon after beating it ONCE, since I couldn't stand some of the shit they changed and/or added.

[quote name='lokizz']dont you play gta4 online? online gameplay is something that for years seperated console and pc gaming. look at games like gta4 would you still be playing the game if it didnt have online mp ? lot of games get very decent milage through mp games like halo , gta4 or burnout and any other game that has mp included as long as its fun people keep on playing them.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, NO, I wouldn't still be playing GTA 4 if not for the online aspect of it. Why? Because Rockstar veered from the normal formula for the driving and made it totally tedious at times. Plus, they kept in and added to the friend/girlfriend aspect of it and made you virtually HAVE to interact with these meaningless side characters.

That's why, unlike prior GTA games(including IV), I will NOT be buying the next game in the series as soon as it comes out. I want to wait and let other gamers test it out and see if they changed anything ELSE radically the next time around. If they have, then Rockstar can piss off and I'm done with their game series.

At most, the next game in the series will be a $10 rental for me until I'm sure I want it and even then, I may wait till Blockbuster or some other store has it for $20 or LESS and buy it USED.

[quote name='wwe101']im still confused, is this a price drop or just a sale to clear out current stock?[/QUOTE]

Probably just a sale to clear out current stock and then the price of the new SKU will go back up to $399.99, just like the last time Sony cleaned out the old models from retail.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well...if the Slim doesn't offer anything over the existing 80gb model and is the same price, there probably isn't a reason to not get the current model anyway.[/QUOTE]

Smaller, lighter, less heat, less power...

[quote name='lawman1108']Who cares? I have a 60gb and all it does is collect dust. The 360 and xbox Live kills the ps3 .[/QUOTE]

Dear god.......it kills the PS3.......stop, no, not that.

lol, lets keep fanboydom to a minimum please. You should be playing infamous,folklore,LBP, MGS4, ALL THE PSN GAMES THAT IS SO WANT. I have a 360 and my little brother ended up getting the PS3. Not a day goes by that i dont go back to the rents to play some infamous on his PS3. Also your lucky enough to have gotten one of the 60's.

[quote name='lawman1108']who cares? I have a 60gb and all it does is collect dust. The 360 and xbox live kills the ps3 .[/quote]

gtfo.

[quote name='Oswald9599']Dear god.......it kills the PS3.......stop, no, not that.

lol, lets keep fanboydom to a minimum please. You should be playing infamous,folklore,LBP, MGS4, ALL THE PSN GAMES THAT IS SO WANT. I have a 360 and my little brother ended up getting the PS3. Not a day goes by that i dont go back to the rents to play some infamous on his PS3. Also your lucky enough to have gotten one of the 60's.[/QUOTE]

Don't feed the insecure trolls!

[quote name='Oswald9599']
lol, lets keep fanboydom to a minimum please. You should be playing infamous,folklore,LBP, MGS4, ALL THE PSN GAMES THAT IS SO WANT. I have a 360 and my little brother ended up getting the PS3. Not a day goes by that i dont go back to the rents to play some infamous on his PS3. Also your lucky enough to have gotten one of the 60's.[/QUOTE]

I HAD Folklore, which I used for the Fight Night Round 4 deal from GS cuz I hated it from just the lil bit of it I played at my buddies' sister's house on their PS3 before I got mine. I have LBP and MGS4(although my buddy is borrowing MGS 4 right now)and I have yet to complete either.

But I did just pick up Prototype a couple of nights ago and that is some sick, sick fun right there. Consuming people to get health? Check. Tossing cars around like they're Matchbox cars? Check. Shooter mechanics in an action/sandbox game? Check.

As far as exclusives being better than multi platform games though, I really think that in order for the game industry to survive, devs NEED to reach as large of an audience as possible. But when they make something exclusive for ONE console, then they SHOULD get a little payola or other help from the console company to offset the profit they're losing by going exclusive.

[quote name='Master Ninja']sure Gamescon is Tuesday the 18th But Sony could announce on Tuesday that the price drop goes effective on

10-20-09[/QUOTE]

They aren't going to announce that there will be a price drop, and then not have it take effect for 2 months. They'd absolutely kill sales for the PS3 during that time frame.

[quote name='Microshock']Would people really have not bought an Xbox 360 if it didn't have BC in it?
I doubt ANY of you have put an xbox game in your console and if you did, it was probably just a one time thing

PS2 BC to the majority of PS3 owners does not matter, it just seems like it does because the people that want it do not own a PS3 and are very vocal about this.

Seriously, you can find PS2's on the street

And why are you blabbing nonsense about not needing Wi-fi or online play? The 360 wouldnt be half of what it is without xbox live. Plus most people do not appreciate having a cord run from their router to another room when they could just go wireless

Now that the PS3 is dropping to this magic price point everyone was waiting for, its NOT GOOD ENOUGH, nothings good enough for them[/QUOTE]

I played Black on my 360 like 4 days ago. It was the last xbox games I didn't own and I just found a copy at GameCrazy for 5 bucks (I refused to pay more then $10 for such an old ass game).

Really BC is the only deal breaker for me. My back log is like 30 games, why would I rush out and buy a PS3 if it doesn't have all the features I want? It's not like I'm asking for a 360 with blu-ray. The PS3 can and has been able to play PS2 games. I know it's possible, and waiting doesn't hurt me, I have plenty of games to play. And while I wait the Blu-ray games/movies I want to will just get cheaper.

This is CAG, I'm used to waiting for something I want.

bread's done
Back