SONY PS3 SLIM Thread, AVAILABLE NOW $299, SHARE YOUR STORIES

[quote name='SynGamer']The problem is that most people will buy those PS2 games at GameStop, used, meaning Sony gets no money. So what is in it for them? Selling PS2 games on PSN is the way to go for Sony to make money right now.[/QUOTE]

They get a larger user base. A much larger user base. A perfect ad for the PS3 would be: "It is the most epic console in the history of gaming. It can play thousands of games, three generations of titles. From cheap game to HD games, the PS3 does it all". This would grow into the next generation audience, the PS3 user base that would then slowly buy Blu-rays, PS3 games, PSN titles, etc. I mean think of all the PS2 sales that could be going towards PS3 sales.

More users = more sales = more developer support.

But now that I think about it, maybe this was Sony's plan all along. Maybe they kept backwards compatibility out so that the PS2 could continue to be sold and thus compete with the Wii price point until the manufacturing costs were low enough to lower the price on the PS3. Ala the 10 year plan for the PS2.

If that's the case and the new PS3 does include BC, I think this is the true transition from PS2 and full support for the PS3. I would love to see more developer love for the PS3 and this move would certainly help bring in those customers to buy games.

So if the PS3 has NO BC

how will they sell PS2 games via PSN????

simple eventually there will be a Firmware Update to give Everyone full BC if not 95% BC or Better like the MGS4 Bundle 80GB system.

the only difference between an

80GB MGS4 system with 95% BC vs. current
80GB Models is a simple software key Sony with holds on purpose, no special chip or anything.

Doesn't the PS3 also do up-scaling with BC games?

There seems to be plenty of valid reasons on wanting a PS3 to have BC, so saying, "lol buy a PS2" just doesn't cut it. I know space is a issue on my entertainment system, and I'd much rather have one machine that can do the job of 3 (PS3/PS2/Bluray) and save a lot of space for say, one of the other three systems. The original $500+ cost was just out of line of a typical console price, so even when the early systems had BC it was just way out of the budget for many people.

I really feel Sony could benefit from a $299 slim, but I'm trying to keep my expectations somewhat low, as Sony tends to make some really strange decisions from time to time.

Serious questions need serious answers.

#1. Now that the Price drop is 100% confirmed, all that matters is when it takes effect. ?

#2. Can I do this ? Go to Best Buy purchase a PS3 $399.99 + Tax. Currently if you spend over $250 on anything you get a $25 Gift card til 8-22-09. Hopefully the price drop officially takes effect before 9-22-09. Now can I go back to Best Buy and say Ok give me the Price difference.

#3. Can Best Buy deny me because I got a $25 gift card.?

[quote name='Master Ninja']So if the PS3 has NO BC

how will they sell PS2 games via PSN????

simple eventually there will be a Firmware Update to give Everyone full BC if not 95% BC or Better like the MGS4 Bundle 80GB system.

the only difference between an

80GB MGS4 system with 95% BC vs. current
80GB Models is a simple software key Sony with holds on purpose, no special chip or anything.[/QUOTE]
If you read my post you would have seen that I mentioned Sony has a patent on emulating the PS2 via the CELL and RSX (PS3's cpu and gpu). Either they sell PS2 BC as a one-time payment or they include it with each PS2 game sold on PSN...or some other method.

[quote name='Master Ninja']Serious questions need serious answers.

#1. Now that the Price drop is 100% confirmed, all that matters is when it takes effect. ?

#2. Can I do this ? Go to Best Buy purchase a PS3 $399.99 + Tax. Currently if you spend over $250 on anything you get a $25 Gift card til 8-22-09. Hopefully the price drop officially takes effect before 9-22-09. Now can I go back to Best Buy and say Ok give me the Price difference.

#3. Can Best Buy deny me because I got a $25 gift card.?[/QUOTE]

1. a price drop hasn't been confirmed, what HAS been confirmed is that retailers are dropping the price on current stock, aka, a SALE.

2. You should technically be able to do so if it is within Best Buy's specified time...

3. Depends on the store and the store manager.

[quote name='SynGamer']1. a price drop hasn't been confirmed, what HAS been confirmed is that retailers are dropping the price on current stock, aka, a SALE.

2. You should technically be able to do so if it is within Best Buy's specified time...

3. Depends on the store and the store manager.[/QUOTE]

I would just return it and then rebuy, rather than exchange or PM. It might be safer.

I can somehow foresee the Slim launching at $399 - seeing as how the system with "Uncharted," now a $30 GH, is $400.

Let's not get too excited yet. Sony knows they need to drop the price on the console - or at least we think they should fuckin' know.

But then things happen - like a $250 PSP Go - that convince us that Sony doesn't really know how to handle people's spending habits in a shitty economy.

My money is on a $400 Slim at launch - one model only.

[quote name='Oswald9599']I would just return it and then rebuy, rather than exchange or PM. It might be safer.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is the person wants to keep the $25 gift card, and having to go through all the settings and setup would suck as well. I know when I bought my 360 Walmart said they adjust for price drops within 7 days (I think)...

[quote name='SynGamer']I think the problem is the person wants to keep the $25 gift card, and having to go through all the settings and setup would suck as well. I know when I bought my 360 Walmart said they adjust for price drops within 7 days (I think)...[/QUOTE]

Do they usually take away the gift cards they give if you purchase a high ticket item and then return it for some reason? I guess they would deactivate the card. Hmm. Yeah I guess then the only route would be to hopefully get a pm, though Hardware PM's would be a bit more difficult than a $40 or $50 game.

Seriously, for everyone saying "I won't buy a PS3 unless it can play PS2 games" makes it seem like people are more interested in playing PS2 games than PS3 games. Because apparently, the last gen line-up is better than any 1st Party Exclusive Sony already has or is coming down the pipe line. I can understand why people would want to save space but such fierce resistance to a non-BC PS3 absolutely boggles my mind.

I expect that Sony will either do one of two things, and will be the only way BC is included in a PS3.

1) The PSN store begins selling PS2 titles so Sony actually makes money off of such sales. Everyone should understand that Sony doesn't see a single red cent when a used game is sold, so there is little financial reason for them to include it as money that could be used for buying new PS3 games is being diverted to PS2 titles.
2) Sony offers software emulation for $100 on PSN so they at least make some money. Makes sense because doing so removes the PS2 from shelf space and is pure profit for Sony, as opposed to giving a share to stores while also paying for manufacturing, shipping, etc.

I really don't mean to sound like a snob but I would seriously hope the PS3's exclusive line-up would be enough for people to buy the system. Perhaps the drive isn't as large if you already have a 360 but I believe the next year of games will be more than enough to keep people satisfied and justify the investment.

The PS3 was never meant to be an impulse buy. It was supposed to be the heart of a home's entertainment system. Sony may have overdone it by initially pricing it out of the reach for most consumers but this isn't a "flash in the pan" (like, IMHO, the Wii). And with the PS2 still being supported after all this time, I honestly believe Sony will stick with the 10 year strategy.

[quote name='Ecofreak'].....
The PS3 was never meant to be an impulse buy. It was supposed to be the heart of a home's entertainment system. [/QUOTE]

Would bring a tear to any Ken Kutaragi's eye.:applause:

You are right though.

[quote name='Oswald9599']Would bring a tear to any Ken Kutaragi's eye.:applause:

You are right though.[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer an autographed copy of Ridge Racer or an 8x10 gloss of him fighting a Giant Crab, but I'd still count a tear as a victory. ;)

[quote name='Blackout']Which don't play or look any differently than the ones on 360. When are we going to see the Blu-Ray difference? Probably never.[/QUOTE]

You don't know how wrong you are. The space has proven its worth.

MGS4 had to be compressed to fit on the BD. Killzone 2 levels are about 5-6GB in space because of the texture quality. Naughty Dog admitted they may have to cut out the extras/bloopers in Uncharted 2 because they have hit the limit.

IF that PS3 Slim, Launches at $399 it will be an EPIC fail of EPIC proportions and a total internet meltdown.

Or they could pull a Microsoft.

"Hey look the 20GB Premium is $299 everyone go buy it and they did millions."

2 months later all 20GB are gone

hey look now theres a 60GB Pro for $299

Suckas!

[quote name='Ecofreak']Seriously, for everyone saying "I won't buy a PS3 unless it can play PS2 games" makes it seem like people are more interested in playing PS2 games than PS3 games. Because apparently, the last gen line-up is better than any 1st Party Exclusive Sony already has or is coming down the pipe line. I can understand why people would want to save space but such fierce resistance to a non-BC PS3 absolutely boggles my mind.
[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree. A PS2 slim is as thin as a medium-sized magazine and takes up less space. I can understand choosing to go with a BC compatible PS3 over a non-BC one, but if you're willing to not buy an otherwise feature-rich console simply because of a lack of BC then I find that pretty confusing. You're able to afford it, find its games appealing, but choosing to not play a myriad of PS3 games simply because you don't want to have another console that's as thin as an issue of Game Informer?

*shrug*

[quote name='tenma']I wholeheartedly agree. A PS2 slim is as thin as a medium-sized magazine and takes up less space. I can understand choosing to go with a BC compatible PS3 over a non-BC one, but if you're willing to not buy an otherwise feature-rich console simply because of a lack of BC then I find that pretty confusing. You're able to afford it, find its games appealing, but choosing to not play a myriad of PS3 games simply because you don't want to have another console that's as thin as an issue of Game Informer?

*shrug*[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll likely be pulling the trigger come this price cut, BC or no, but the reason why BC was a big deal for me had nothing to do with space issues and everything to do with my HDTV and the PS3's ability to upscale PS2 games. My HDTV does not like my PS2 very much unless the game has a progressive scan option (which maybe 5% of them do.)

To the person complaining about the PSP go price. The PSP-1000 debuted at $250, so the go makes sense at that price. Plus the PSP-3000 will be right beside it at retail. Just like the DS and DSi.

[quote name='Rozz']Tell your wife that I give you permission to buy whatever you want with the money you've earned. ;)[/QUOTE]

That doesn't work as well when she makes double what I do. Oh well. Thanks for permission though!

[quote name='technole']You don't know how wrong you are. The space has proven its worth.

MGS4 had to be compressed to fit on the BD. Killzone 2 levels are about 5-6GB in space because of the texture quality. Naughty Dog admitted they may have to cut out the extras/bloopers in Uncharted 2 because they have hit the limit.[/QUOTE]

I'm still not seeing the Blu-Ray difference. It hasn't proven anything. Does that mean MGS on the 360 is going to be 8 discs like that photoshopped picture that's on the net? EVERY PS3 game should be bigger and better than the 360 version. But they're not.

Cutting out extas=DLC.

Like myke said, Sony are pretty much clueless, so I wouldn't doubt if the Slim is jacked up.

[quote name='technole']To the person complaining about the PSP go price. The PSP-1000 debuted at $250, so the go makes sense at that price. Plus the PSP-3000 will be right beside it at retail. Just like the DS and DSi.[/QUOTE]

by this logic the ps3 slim should debut at $599

Right, so you'd rather ...get up every 7 hours to put in a disc, or just keep the same disc in.

Nice arguments from the xbox fans here! I for one know Cheapy would HATE that, he doesnt even like getting up to put another game in, thats why he loves the idea of downloadable games

Blu-ray has proven its worth already, for exclusive games, they get to use more of the space, for multi-platform games, its one disc.

What's not the benefit there? The other benefit is that it's also not just for games, you're forgetting the whole movie thing?!

so when are these sales going to happen?

because they should drive down the price of used ones that I could pick up on craigslist or ebay, which is what I have been looking at. I could prolly pick of a decent used bundle for about $220-250.

[quote name='Mufasa']so when are these sales going to happen?

because they should drive down the price of used ones that I could pick up on craigslist or ebay, which is what I have been looking at. I could prolly pick of a decent used bundle for about $220-250.[/QUOTE]

No confirmed date yet. This is also a ghost story to most places. I'll give proper info and update the minute I get word.

[quote name='Mufasa']so when are these sales going to happen?

because they should drive down the price of used ones that I could pick up on craigslist or ebay, which is what I have been looking at. I could prolly pick of a decent used bundle for about $220-250.[/QUOTE]

Retailers aren't allowed to execute the new prices until Sony officially announces it in Gamescom. I believe the retailers in europe are starting the new prices from 18th of august.

No release date for NA yet, I'd have to assume that sony will tell us in gamescom (which is 3 days from now)

[quote name='Oswald9599']No confirmed date yet. This is also a ghost story to most places. I'll give proper info and update the minute I get word.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate it. Also what do you guys think about buying a used PS3? How reliable are they, I know they are better than the 360 but would I be illadvised to pull the trigger on a used one. I really just hate paying extra for controllers and an hdmi cable, which usually used ones come with

[quote name='Microshock']Right, so you'd rather ...get up every 7 hours to put in a disc, or just keep the same disc in.

Nice arguments from the xbox fans here! I for one know Cheapy would HATE that, he doesnt even like getting up to put another game in, thats why he loves the idea of downloadable games

Blu-ray has proven its worth already, for exclusive games, they get to use more of the space, for multi-platform games, its one disc.

What's not the benefit there? The other benefit is that it's also not just for games, you're forgetting the whole movie thing?![/QUOTE]

I have a hard time believing that the current PS3 exclusives couldn't be done on 360, and vice versa. Maybe one day we'll start seeing games where you seriously notice a difference between the two consoles, but I doubt it. PS3 games will probably never reach their full potential.

The games that have mostly relied heavily on multiple discs is RPGs. You're not going to play GTA 5, Gears of War 3, or those types of games and have to put in 5 different discs to finish the game.

I don't care about movies. I bought the PS3 to play games. That's it's main purpose. Being able to watch Blus is a nice feature, but the prices of the movies are just too high for me.

I'd say that the load on the blu ray drive is also far less stressful then the load on the dvd drive. The DVD Drive on the 360 only reads at maximum speed on the outer area of the disc or the last two or so gigs. The inside and the middle of the disc itself do not read as fast as the outer areas, while the blu ray drive reads every area of the disc equally as fast. That can be considered an advantage of the blu ray tech, especially as it matures and you just can't fit the most important information in that two or so gigs. It doesn't help that the copy protection also takes a sizable chunk on the 360 discs either.

[quote name='Mufasa']Thanks, I appreciate it. Also what do you guys think about buying a used PS3? How reliable are they, I know they are better than the 360 but would I be illadvised to pull the trigger on a used one. I really just hate paying extra for controllers and an hdmi cable, which usually used ones come with[/QUOTE]

I'd gun for a new PS3 (which would come with 1 yr warranty). So unless you're deadset about wanting BC, just get one when the price drops.

[quote name='Crnulus']I'd gun for a new PS3 (which would come with 1 yr warranty). So unless you're deadset about wanting BC, just get one when the price drops.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i dont need BC i still have my fat PS2 and it is still running strong, it just has to be on it's side :lol:

[quote name='Blackout']I have a hard time believing that the current PS3 exclusives couldn't be done on 360, and vice versa. Maybe one day we'll start seeing games where you seriously notice a difference between the two consoles, but I doubt it. PS3 games will probably never reach their full potential.

The games that have mostly relied heavily on multiple discs is RPGs. You're not going to play GTA 5, Gears of War 3, or those types of games and have to put in 5 different discs to finish the game.

I don't care about movies. I bought the PS3 to play games. That's it's main purpose. Being able to watch Blus is a nice feature, but the prices of the movies are just too high for me.[/QUOTE]

$10-15 is too high? I was at Walmart earlier tonight and V for Vendetta on Blu-ray was $10.96...and there were quite a few more for $10-15 there.

[quote name='Microshock']Right, so you'd rather ...get up every 7 hours to put in a disc, or just keep the same disc in.

What's not the benefit there? The other benefit is that it's also not just for games, you're forgetting the whole movie thing?![/QUOTE]

You're the only arguing that anyone would "rather" get up every 7 hours to put in a new disc. My argument was that if your only retort to those saying that the quality of games across both storage formats is negligible is "But you don't have to switch discs!" then it's really not much of an argument. Unless you're a 550lb man who finds standing up to be hugely discouraging having to change discs once every 7 hours is simply just not that big of a deal. The ability to include more information on one disc is great, but compared to some of the hyperbole being spouted by those all about Blu-Ray there just isn't a whole lot yet to justify such accolade.

Again - I repeat - no one is debating that blu-ray isn't a better storage format. Cost being equal, no one would choose to use DVD instead of blu-ray. The question some of us are arguing is whether blu-ray has yet to prove that its miles ahead of DVD as far as a gaming format.

Bring in the movie argument if you want, but keep in mind you're posting at Cheap Ass Gamer, not Cheap Ass Cinephile.

[quote name='SynGamer']$10-15 is too high? I was at Walmart earlier tonight and V for Vendetta on Blu-ray was $10.96...and there were quite a few more for $10-15 there.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about Walmart because the ones around me never have sweet deals like that. All they have is those straight to DVD movies in the $5 bin. The only really cheap Blus I've seen is old shit like Rambo at Target and a few horror movies at Hollywood video. A lot of the stuff is just not in that 10 dollar price range. I wish they were. Even new release DVDs are sometimes too high in my book.

Thanks for the heads up though on that price, I might see if I can get lucky at Walmart and find a copy. :D

[quote name='Blackout']I dunno about Walmart because the ones around me never have sweet deals like that. All they have is those straight to DVD movies in the $5 bin. The only really cheap Blus I've seen is old shit like Rambo at Target and a few horror movies at Hollywood video. A lot of the stuff is just not in that 10 dollar price range. I wish they were. Even new release DVDs are sometimes too high in my book.

Thanks for the heads up though on that price, I might see if I can get lucky at Walmart and find a copy. :D[/QUOTE]

That price for V for Vendetta is the same as what is on their website.

As for Blu-ray as a gaming format, look at MGS4, Killzone 2, basically all of the exclusives on PS3. There's little to no compression meaning we lose nothing in terms of quality and the PS3 supports 7.1 audio which I know many PS3 games take advantage of (DIRT comes to mind off the top of my head). As others have said, I think the advantages will start to be seen clearly as this generation goes on.

[quote name='SynGamer']That price for V for Vendetta is the same as what is on their website.

As others have said, I think the advantages will start to be seen clearly as this generation goes on.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this argument. Blu-Ray undoubtedly has strengths, but I question whether we've seen most of what it has to offer in terms of game performance. I haven't played KZ2, but I have played MGS4. It's a beautiful game but graphically (and don't misconstrue this as bias - I used to own a PS3) I still don't think it was leaps ahead of some of the better looking 360 titles. KZ2 looks pretty amazing from what I've seen though.

[quote name='tenma']

Again - I repeat - no one is debating that blu-ray isn't a better storage format. Cost being equal, no one would choose to use DVD instead of blu-ray. The question some of us are arguing is whether blu-ray has yet to prove that its miles ahead of DVD as far as a gaming format.

[/QUOTE]

This is what I was getting at. All that space is great, but we haven't seen big differences yet.

[quote name='SynGamer']
As for Blu-ray as a gaming format, look at MGS4, Killzone 2, basically all of the exclusives on PS3. There's little to no compression meaning we lose nothing in terms of quality and the PS3 supports 7.1 audio which I know many PS3 games take advantage of (DIRT comes to mind off the top of my head). As others have said, I think the advantages will start to be seen clearly as this generation goes on.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. Killzone 2 did look pretty damn good.

From what I've seen, Uncharted 2 is the new benchmark for graphics...we'll have to wait and see but everyone has been reporting it is damn good looking and nothing comes close to touching it.

[quote name='Blackout']I'm still not seeing the Blu-Ray difference. It hasn't proven anything. Does that mean MGS on the 360 is going to be 8 discs like that photoshopped picture that's on the net? EVERY PS3 game should be bigger and better than the 360 version. But they're not.

Cutting out extas=DLC.

Like myke said, Sony are pretty much clueless, so I wouldn't doubt if the Slim is jacked up.[/QUOTE]
MGS Rising will be made to be the same on both consoles but MGS4 was made with 50gigs in mind and that's why you'll never see it on 360. Having a game not be possible on another console isn't proving it's worth? If you want the PS3 version of every game to be superior than keep waiting cause no team is gonna put more money into a PS3 version and make their 360 version look worse, that's just bad business. You have to look at exclusives. KZ2, MGS4, Uncharted 2, and Heavy Rain graphically look better than anything on the 360.

[quote name='SynGamer']From what I've seen, Uncharted 2 is the new benchmark for graphics...we'll have to wait and see but everyone has been reporting it is damn good looking and nothing comes close to touching it.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising. I still think Uncharted 1 is in the top 3 as far as best looking games this gen.

I think a good comparison of the systems will occur with Final Fantasy XIII since the lead development platform is the PS3 then porting over to the 360. Most other multiplatform games work in the opposite manner with the 360 being developed for first and then porting to PS3.

We will all know shortly what Sony's plans (if any) are for the console in a few days, and hopefully its accessible to more consumers at whatever price point is chosen.

[quote name='tenma']Not surprising. I still think Uncharted 1 is in the top 3 as far as best looking games this gen.[/QUOTE]

uncharted was one of he only games that ever felt next gen to me. most other games felt like more of the same. cant wait for uncharted 2 gonna kick all kinds of ass on mp.

I'd rather have a huge update to the PSN, i'm so excited to see if they do. I just want stuff like Home/Life with Playstation, trophies and playstation.com to be integrated better

[quote name='tenma']I wholeheartedly agree. A PS2 slim is as thin as a medium-sized magazine and takes up less space. I can understand choosing to go with a BC compatible PS3 over a non-BC one, but if you're willing to not buy an otherwise feature-rich console simply because of a lack of BC then I find that pretty confusing. You're able to afford it, find its games appealing, but choosing to not play a myriad of PS3 games simply because you don't want to have another console that's as thin as an issue of Game Informer?

*shrug*[/QUOTE]

Let me just say the reason lack of BC is deal breaker because I never owned a PS2. There are still shumps and random games that I would like to try out.

Sure I can get a PS2 for about 100 bucks. But why would I want to spend 100 bucks on a PS2 to get functionality I expect and know a PS3 is capable of? Spending the 90 bucks on the wifi adaptor for the 360 is always a argument against the the system. Why shouldn't lack of BC used against the PS3? In both cases it would take about 90 bucks to fix an issue the system lacks.

Even if they gave you a free PS2 with a PS3, I still wouldn't be happy. You know why? Because it's an extra console in my entertainment system (this is a bad thing). An extra system I have to hook up to my TV. It has wired controllers, and I would need to deal with Memory cards.

I just want to give some of my reasons why I want BC. Since everyone is asking Why...Why...why.

LOL @ all the angry responses to my post(s).

You'd think I came over to each poster's house and slapped/killed/otherwise harmed their (insert significant family member) the way they get up in arms over someone critiquing the almighty Sony.

It's ONLY a game system, Sony will NOT pay you for defending their honor online against all the 'evil 360 fanboys'(who probably all own PS3s, as well as 360s and maybe even Wii systems too).

I gotta admit that I came REALLY close to giving up on gaming after seeing the doubling of console prices at the start of this gen and I'm sure more than a few here would gladly have welcomed my departure from gaming, huh?

As for Sony wanting to make money on games via PSN that they could just provide a BC patch to allow me to play on the system I ALREADY paid them $400 for I have one simple answer: fuck you, Sony.

I'm not paying twice for shit I already own and making THEM more money in the process.

I am a true cheapassgamer. I have paid MSRP for only 1-2 games thus far this gen(Little Big Planet, GTAIV). Otherwise, I wait till the games I want hit clearance or I have uber cheap credit from flipping and I buy them USED and with a % off coupon too if I'm not buying them on clearance.

The reason PS2 BC is so important to people is who wants to commit to a PS3 hardware model without it, since we've seen that Sony can do it, and just removed it to mitigate some losses on selling that hardware. I highly doubt that they'll ever be able to get a 100% (or even 75%) software emulator for PS2 games on PS3 - The current state of PS2 emulation on PC still is rough and demands higher spec hardware than the PS3 has to get games running smoothly, due to the complexity of the PS2's guts.

Buying a non-BC PS3 now means a really good chance that you'll have a non-BC PS3 forever. Not impossible, but I highly doubt it, and I highly doubt that if they do software BC they'll even let you use your own discs, instead selling them back to you over PSN.

The more I think about it the more convoluted it gets and I start to care less and less about the PS3 being under my TV. $300 is a good price, but I don't give a shit about the blu-ray, and I'd be getting it for exclusives only, which equates to about 10 Blu Ray games and probably 20 games total if you include PSN. Not really worth my $300.

Plus that controller sucks. fuck that circa 1996 shit.

I think Sony will Solve the PSP and PS3 BC issues the same way.

#1. Have a PSP disk, mail it in get a download code for the full game.

#2. PS2 PS3 BC, have a PS2 disk, mail it in, get a download code to play it on PS3.

like a previous posted said Soy owns the Emulation 100% it is their property, they can enable BC on a Per game basis.

Frankly, I could care less about BC, I mean honestly there are a total of 3 games Max that I would want to play on my PS3, that are PS2.

#1. God of War 2
#2. Metal Gear Solid 3
#3. Nope make that just 2

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, that I will NOT pay even 1 US Cent for BC. At all

And Also the last PS3 to have BC support which was the Metal Gear Solid 4 SKU bundle.
the BC Support was horrible horribad.

I tried playing God of War 2, and even though Sony's site says there are no glitches. The game runs with No Object shadows, No, character shadows, and no Glow lighting effects.

So it looks like a PS1 game.

BC is just not worth it unless it is 100% FULL like the launch systems.

or 100% Full on a per game PSN download Basis.

if its 80% like the MGS4 SKU it had better be FREE!!!

Yeah, Sony's really going to start up an expensive mail-in system for your discs instead of just selling them back to you at $10-15 each, right?

Instead of just uploading disc images to PSN and using an emulator, they're going to build and staff a facility designed to receive (and then do what, exactly, with?) PS2 discs and UMDs and start giving the games away free to everyone! YAY!

What I like about the PS3 is that everything is included.

The controllers are rechargeable without buying extra stuff
It is wireless without buying extra stuff
Online play is free

Those are all extra expenses on the 360. I'm not a 360 hater or anything, I would rather just buy everything in one. Also I need Metal Gear Solid, it is pretty much the reason I play vids. And I am not waiting for the 360 MGS, I just finished Snake Eater and now I need to pull the trigger on this new price (if it happens) and play it while it is fresh in my memory.

bread's done
Back