Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space OTTyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']This has got to be something relatively new, because I swear Contra III: The Alien Wars (Was there ever a Contra II?) had hit flashes on the bosses... and I swear Metal Slug Advance is complete with the hit flashes. Next time I try to finish that fucking game, I'll let you know. That last boss is a penis-fingered prison-rapist...[/QUOTE]
Contra II was Super C or, as some people call it, Super Contra.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']This has got to be something relatively new, because I swear Contra III: The Alien Wars (Was there ever a Contra II?) had hit flashes on the bosses... and I swear Metal Slug Advance is complete with the hit flashes. Next time I try to finish that fucking game, I'll let you know. That last boss is a penis-fingered prison-rapist...[/QUOTE]

Yea, I wondered why they were removed, so I did some researching. It all seems to stem from when that kid had seizure watching Pikachu that one time, and sense then, Nintendo has put the ellipsy stuff into place. So Contra 3 was before that time.

I've just seen it cited as the reason why SNK took them out.

Nintendo is all up in my face about safety, telling me to take a break during Wii Sports and to always wear my wrist strap.

It's like Nintendo is my Mom or something.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's the first one... it actually lets you know you're doing damage to a boss. Right now, when I'm shooting at a boss in Metal Slug, there is nothing that lets you know you're doing ANY sort of damage whatsoever. Nintendo's stupid ellipsy policy forced SNK to remove all the hit flashes. I find it very distracting since I've played the series for many, many years now and it feels like I'm barely doing damage at all. It's not just petty whining, I mean it's kind of retarded to take that out, I don't ever remember someone dying from ellipsy in any arcade game with a hit flash. Just Nintendo being overly PR again.

It actually would be a pretty shitty review to not mention the hit flashes are gone, therefore the ports aren't arcade perfect - people buying the Metal Slug Anthology are fans of the arcade version, and well, we should be seeing arcade perfect ports by now. Gamespot nailed that perfectly in their review.

That, coupled with the longer than average load times (how the fuck did that happen) makes me hope they clean it up for the PS2 port. Plus, I can use my arcade stick.

I only paid $20 for Metal Slug for the Wii, so I'll be happy to sell it for that.[/quote]
Give me a little credit, I never said I wouldn't mention it. It's an important fact for those that care about it, but it's nothing big to me as I know I'm doing damage when there's fire or an explosion.

I doubt load times are going to get better, maybe even a little worse. It's not even that long, about five seconds of a tank sprite moving across the screen.

[quote name='Roufuss']
It's like Nintendo is my Mom or something.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I had sex with your Nintendo last night.

Wow, now seems like the perfect time to sell my white DS Lite and wait for stores to start stocking the black one again. Even used DS Lites are going for over retail...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I doubt load times are going to get better, maybe even a little worse. It's not even that long, about five seconds of a tank sprite moving across the screen.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I don't remember 4 and 5 being that bad in the PS2 version... SNK isn't really that familar with the Wii, while they have the PS2 hardware down pretty good.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I really don't want to eat a chocolate cupcake right now, but I can hear my dark master calling me from the kitchen.[/quote]

Do it up. Get yourself a glass of milk while you're at it too.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Do it up. Get yourself a glass of milk while you're at it too.[/QUOTE]

WASH YOUR HANDS FIRST.

Dirty little bastard.

ha I found my plug n play kit!

I'm thinking of taking the plug in play kit, and a tv box set or two and getting a Quick Charge kit from Eb tomorrow. Those three things should pay for it.

[quote name='Strell']WASH YOUR HANDS FIRST.

Dirty little bastard.[/QUOTE]

Will do...

Wait a second!

I don't have any hands!

what a plot twist

I need to find Oblivion cheap. I hear the new expansion is suppose to add 30+ hours (which means 10+ to me). Still, I fell like playing it over again and I can get my achievements back.

Wow...

I just replaced the crappy powersupply (300 watts in my system with the 550 watts one that I had in my old one. Talk about a difference it makes to the speed of a system. Now I just need to pop in a better graphics card and I'll be set for a few years. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']Wow...

I just replaced the crappy powersupply (300 watts in my system with the 550 watts one that I had in my old one. Talk about a difference it makes to the speed of a system. Now I just need to pop in a better graphics card and I'll be set for a few years. :D[/QUOTE]

Few? Nigga plz. Once DX10 comes out and starts gaining support you'll feel the need to upgrade again. ;)

I just replaced the crappy powersupply (300 watts in my system with the 550 watts one that I had in my old one. Talk about a difference it makes to the speed of a system. Now I just need to pop in a better graphics card and I'll be set for a few years. :D[/QUOTE]
Make sure you get a DX10 card. Crysis is going to spit hot fire.

I found that our recently as well. I built a system last summer with 2 gigs of ram, 3.2 ghz cpu, and a radeon x850xt. It had a 400watt no name power supply. It chugged along, and I couldn't figure out why. Then the power supply died in November of last year. Bought an expensive highly rated 600 watt modular PS, and it was like a different system all together. I've learned to never skimp on power supplies ever again.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Get out of here with your witchcraft mumbo jumbo, boy.[/quote]:lol:
[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I'm with the rabbit. Chemistry is the devil.[/QUOTE]Not quite chemistry, but Thermodynamics in Physics.
And I agree, it sucks. Looks like I'm forfeiting another lunch period for tutoring tomorrow :cry:.

[quote name='LiquidNight']An ideal gas is only 1 mole of the gas in question, right?[/QUOTE]
An ideal gas behaves ideally at the temperature and pressure you are investigating (normally at ambient temperature). They are considered ideal and thus follow the ideal gas law, PV=nRT.

[quote name='beerguy961']An ideal gas behaves ideally at the temperature and pressure you are investigating (normally at ambient temperature). They are considered ideal and thus follow the ideal gas law, PV=nRT.[/quote]I need to find the temperature on a PV graph (since we're doing thermodynamics) using PV=nRT, but I'm not given n, I'm just told that the gas is ideal. I was wondering if I could assume that n = 1 mole or not.

[quote name='Moxio']Few? Nigga plz. Once DX10 comes out and starts gaining support you'll feel the need to upgrade again. ;)[/QUOTE]

Honestly I don't do much gaming on my PC as is. The only reason why I'm upgrading the graphics card on this system is:

A) I need dual DVI output. One DVI for my monitor. One for my HDTV.
B) The VGA output on the system looks like ass with my 19 inch LCD monitor. There is a good amount of haloing in the backround. At best I can only have the system set to 1024x728 instead of my prefered 1280x1024 just in order to hide this problem up.
C) Onboard cards suck ass anyways. Especially ones that use up your system memory to work. That 128 megs in use right now can be used towards other things once I get a better PCI-E card in.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Its worth every cent and then some. Buy it today.[/quote]

One step ahead of you. ;)

I got it for Christmas and have yet to play it since I got about 13 other DS/PSP games. I keep wanting to crack it open, but I'm afraid I won't be able to give it enough love with school and all.

Finished Metal Slug 2, which was awesome. I didn't expect the
Independence Day
reference at the end. The Wii Remote control scheme was much better than the tilt control scheme, though grenades were harder to throw.

I'ma prolly gonna update my computer withing the next month or so. Once Vista is out, looking to get a dual core processor which will mean a new mobo and I want to get a good sound card and set up some 5.1 surround sound. Still got a good video card and 2GB ram should be alright for awhile. and I already have a 550 watt power supply.

And I need a new keyboard.

[quote name='beerguy961']So yesterday I finally beat Okami (47 hours of play...) and started FFXII. At this rate, I'll play Twilight Princess in... 6 months... crap...[/QUOTE] I'm playing Okami right now. Well, not literally, but I paused it to check my email and shit. :lol:

Anyway, question: I just went though the
Gale Shrine.
Is the game going to get anything over ridiculously easy any time soon? I mean, I thought real Zelda games were easy, but shit. This is probably one of the easy games I've ever touched, so far. :lol:

I'm hoping it picks up after the
Moon Cave,
which I think I'll be heading to soon.

Man, I haven't been in the CAG boards for a while...used to be a day when I'd at least skim every thread that wasn't a trade list...

Can't sleep at the moment though...and I just read something interesting that's gettin' me excited for Lost again seeing as it's starting up again soon:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/755/755527p3.html

Q: Is it hard to keep track of the fact that for the characters, so little time has passed, while we've been watching it for years?
Lindelof: No, in fact it's going to become a huge part of the storytelling in season three; that sort of disconnect. We felt the need to remind the audience that was in fact the case with the
Red Sox game
, and just basically say, 'Here on the island it's just November of 2004.' You know, we just sort of passed Thanksgiving. Here in the world we're actually three years beyond that, so this is something that we're not only keeping track of, but writing towards for sort of a very major shake up coming soon.
So then I thought...hm, what happend in the tail end of '04...? And our buddy Wikipedia spits this out:
December 26 - One of the worst natural disasters in recorded history hits southeastern Asia when the strongest earthquake in 40 years hits the entire Indian Ocean region. The massive 9.3 magnitude earthquake, epicentered just off the west coast of the Indonesian island of Sumatra, generates enormous tsunami waves that crash into the coastal areas of a number of nations including Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Malaysia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Burma and Indonesia. The official death toll in the affected countries stands at 186,983 while more than 40,000 people are still missing.
Guess I'll go ahead and try out the spoiler tag while we're at it...I know some people prefer to wait for the season DVDs...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'm playing Okami right now. Well, not literally, but I paused it to check my email and shit. :lol:

Anyway, question: I just went though the
Gale Shrine.
Is the game going to get anything over ridiculously easy any time soon? I mean, I thought real Zelda games were easy, but shit. This is probably one of the easy games I've ever touched, so far. :lol:

I'm hoping it picks up after the
Moon Cave,
which I think I'll be heading to soon.[/QUOTE]
There was only a few tough spots. I never died in the game though. Which is lucky that I didn't because doing so unlocks secrets at the end.

[quote name='zewone']There was only a few tough spots. I never died in the game though. Which is lucky that I didn't because doing so unlocks secrets at the end.[/QUOTE] Ah, oh well. It's fun, so I can handle the low difficulty level.

Twilight Princess is still better, so far. In every possible way. ;)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']

Twilight Princess is still better, so far. In every possible way. ;)[/QUOTE]
I'll kill you.

God dammit, I fell asleep again!! I got nothing done today >_<

Also, the girlfriend said I should finish a project (DVD rack) before I start a new one (fish tank filter).

I think I'm at 51 items listed so far. I've basacially sold every game I bought just to "collect" and that I never ended up playing.

I actually have more I can list up but with 18 minutes left, I'll just wait until tomorrow, since it's all $9.99 and under stuff.

[quote name='Dkellar']Also, the girlfriend said I should finish a project (DVD rack) before I start a new one (fish tank filter).[/QUOTE]

You should listen to her.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You should listen to her.[/QUOTE]

I agree, you'll start on something else and keep telling yourself you'll go back and finish that one thing but you never will.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']How long were we down for?[/QUOTE]

Too long.

Yesterday I commented on how it still hadn't snowed in Boston.

Has now.

[quote name='lordwow']Too long.

Yesterday I commented on how it still hadn't snowed in Boston.

Has now.[/quote]

DAMMIT in upstate NY we *still* havent gotten more then a sparse dusting. fuckers.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I find myself wishing Okami would end soon, but I know I'm not even halfway there. :cry: :lol:[/quote]

If you had to put a fair price on each of the games, what would you say each was worth?

i.e. Okami is worth retail, Zelda is worth $35.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']DAMMIT in upstate NY we *still* havent gotten more then a sparse dusting. fuckers.[/QUOTE]

It stopped. No snow on the ground, just ice.

[quote name='lordwow']It stopped. No snow on the ground, just ice.[/quote]

:( i wanna go skiing. the last few days have been ok, but recently the ski resorts have only had like 1 trail open because it's been too warm to even make snow

Morning OTT.

I wish I could bring myself to spend the 40 bucks on Okami, but I really don't need another game to add to my list. Although my backlog is no where as long as some of those on CAG, I've got more than I have time for already.

Thank Jesus it's Mutha-fucking Friday. I only have astronomy on Friday's meaning I don't have to be there until noon and that only leaves about 2 hours for me to work afterwards, making Friday my easiest of all weekdays.

Typos :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back