Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space OTTyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liquid, Mozart popped up on my mp3 player today while on shuffle and I couldn't help but chuckle. It was one of the few things I left on there that you had up there. Pretty good though :lol:.

Oh yeah, wasn't there mention of some torrent site where tv episodes are readily available? I would like to know what it was, and it seems like it fits into the conversation. If anyone remembers the site, let it be known please.

I think I'm about to throw a few things up. Like my Zeldas and such.

/needs money badly, like a Blue Wizard needs food

[quote name='Strell']I think I'm about to throw a few things up. Like my Zeldas and such.

/needs money badly, like a Blue Wizard needs food[/QUOTE]
Sell me your GameCube - if it's black - with your GameCube copy of Twilight Princess for cheap.

Man, now I'm updating WoW. I'm glad I decided to install this tonight. If I had doen it tomorrow I would never be able to play.

I'm looking at the Rogue Talent tree and there are so many options for combat it's hard to figure out what's useful and what isn't.

[quote name='Brak']Sell me your GameCube - if it's black - with your GameCube copy of Twilight Princess for cheap.[/QUOTE]

You know I hardly sell my games or give them up. My GC and Zelda will remain with me foreva.

Sorry bud. I'll keep a look out in the meantime for a cheap combo somewhere.

[quote name='munch']With 20 cent listings, should I go ahead and put a complete Mario 64 on ebay or wait because I'm lazy?[/QUOTE] Shit, I have a lot of stuff to list, but my account is still fucked up. And I'm not waiting in some shitty support chat for 30 minutes+ to get it fixed. :lol:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Man, now I'm updating WoW. I'm glad I decided to install this tonight. If I had doen it tomorrow I would never be able to play.

I'm looking at the Rogue Talent tree and there are so many options for combat it's hard to figure out what's useful and what isn't.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to sign on right now myself. Number 197 in line, estimated wait time is 20 min! Woo hoo!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Man, now I'm updating WoW. I'm glad I decided to install this tonight. If I had doen it tomorrow I would never be able to play.

I'm looking at the Rogue Talent tree and there are so many options for combat it's hard to figure out what's useful and what isn't.[/QUOTE]

You can re-do your talents later, and it's very cheap to do so.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Hey Liquid, are you or any of your comrades into Soul Calibur 3?[/quote]I've never played it, and none of my friends have either (AFAIK).
And even if my friends were into it, imagine how weird it would be if I told them a guy I know online wants to meet up with them to play some :lol:.

Online gaming is looking pretty nice right now, isn't it ;)?
(I don't know is SC3 is even online, but it's a good reason for online gaming that you can relate to in this situation)

SC3 isn't online, which is a huge mistake.

I was a huge SC guy back in the Dreamcast days. Sat over at Southwestern (not Texas State) and used to play for hours with a few guys in my dorm.

I'll buy whatever system gets an online SC. Period. Even if it's a PS3.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Do they still have the 14 day trial for WoW? Or should I go ahead and buy the full meal deal for $19.99?

Decisions decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]

They have the 14 day trial discs at most stores for $1.99 but if you decide you like it you still have to drop the $19.99 for the "full meal deal." Might as well just start with that.

[quote name='munch']With 20 cent listings, should I go ahead and put a complete Mario 64 on ebay or wait because I'm lazy?[/quote]how much does listing normally cost? when is the 20 cent listing over?

[quote name='DT778']how much does listing normally cost? when is the 20 cent listing over?[/QUOTE]
It depends on the price you list the product. for example, 9.99 or less and it's 35 cents. 10-24.99 it's 60. and so on.

It's really not that big a deal. Only if you have multiple categories or high ticket items. If you know the time will sell and you won't get shafted, people just start them at the lower prices anyway.

Well, I have Wow installed and updated, we'll figure out a server tonight and then I cna make a char.

We're gonna go Blood elf, Roouf and I. Anyone wants to join in is welcome. At least by me :)

You know, buying a GC sounds pretty interesting. Plus I could get the new zelda. I think I'd like it more than on Wii because I don't think I'd be up for all the physical activity Wii would command.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They have the 14 day trial discs at most stores for $1.99 but if you decide you like it you still have to drop the $19.99 for the "full meal deal." Might as well just start with that.[/QUOTE]

How useful is the manual for the game? Does it help explain stuff or is it pretty much a figure it out on your own type of game?

[quote name='Demolition Man']How useful is the manual for the game? Does it help explain stuff or is it pretty much a figure it out on your own type of game?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure about WoW since I haven't played that before, but with FFXI, I read the entire manual and then jumped in and was still pretty clueless. I knew the basics but you can figure those out in the first 10 minutes. Just go for it.

Played some MSA, particularly Metal Slug 1 right now, with the Wii Tilt Remote controls and it wasn't too bad. It's hard to aim while moving and it's just a little awkward at the moment. Is there anywhere where I can find out how many levels/missions each game has? GameFAQs/GameSpot doesn't seem to have any FAQs up, so I'm not sure how long each game is.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Played some MSA, particularly Metal Slug 1 right now, with the Wii Tilt Remote controls and it wasn't too bad. It's hard to aim while moving and it's just a little awkward at the moment. Is there anywhere where I can find out how many levels/missions each game has? GameFAQs/GameSpot doesn't seem to have any FAQs up, so I'm not sure how long each game is.[/quote]

All are five missions long. Starting with the third, they start getting multiple paths. The first 3 games (1, 2, X) are about 2-3 hours, while 3 can be a good 5 hours, and the rest I haven't played yet.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I thought we've had this discussion regarding why technical fighters cant be online.

I dont feel like having it again. Just know that they cant.[/QUOTE]

I know why YOU don't like it. But I still want it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']All are five missions long. Starting with the third, they start getting multiple paths. The first 3 games (1, 2, X) are about 2-3 hours, while 3 can be a good 5 hours, and the rest I haven't played yet.[/quote]
Cool. I got to the 5th mission in the first game, so I guess I'll just continue playing and finish that one. I'm hoping to play each game with a different control scheme (6 in all, I think) to see how they stack up. Thanks for the quick answer.

Thinking of buying MGS:VR Missions for PS1 off of amazon but I'm not sure if the one I'm looking at is complete or not. It says the disc and book are in great condition so I assume it is, but you never know. Is there any way to ask individual sellers questions on amazon?

/Nevermind. Just had to click around a bit, as usual./

I'm digging Hitman: Blood Money. Just a couple missions in and all the different ways you can go about accomplishing your goals are pretty neat. The flipside to that is it feels like you have to go through a ton of trial and error to figure out what's going to work and what's not going to work. But I'd played the last one so I went in expecting that.

I like the new 'Buy Intel' thing. At least for the missions I've done so far it kind of steers you towards the elegant solutions.

Oh man. So I fucked up, didnt use the "do you have email" line, and got roped into the "i dont give out mine give me your email" thang. She was cute so yes I gave it, what would yall do?

Beat Metal Slug 1 in probably 45 minutes or so with unlimited continues. HIgh score names are difficult with the tilt control scheme, as you have to tilt the remote to change the letters.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Beat Metal Slug 1 in probably 45 minutes or so with unlimited continues. HIgh score names are difficult with the tilt control scheme, as you have to tilt the remote to change the letters.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just use a Wavebird?

That whole remote tilting was bullshit, I only played for 5 minutes before I turned it off. If you're just playing through the games just to finish them, you're missing the point of them... the object is to one credit them, similar to a shmup.

It's a moot point, because mine is getting sold as soon as the PS2 version hits... the Wii one is a few points off from being arcade perfect (no hit flashes makes me feel like I'm not even damaging the boss... it's so weird to go from hit flashes in the games for years to none at all because of Nintendo's policy).

And Sneaky, no way in hell the Metal Slug games are 2 - 3 hours, and part 3 is 5 hours... I have never seen an arcade game that took 5 hours to beat, that would require a huge amount of quarters.

Wtf is a hit flash. A boss flashes when hit? Seems logical.

Unless it's one of those things like in Blaster Master where you could grenade a boss, pause it, and let it rack up the massive damage.

[quote name='Roufuss']Why don't you just use a Wavebird?

That whole remote tilting was bullshit, I only played for 5 minutes before I turned it off. If you're just playing through the games just to finish them, you're missing the point of them... the object is to one credit them, similar to a shmup.

It's a moot point, because mine is getting sold as soon as the PS2 version hits... the Wii one is a few points off from being arcade perfect (no hit flashes makes me feel like I'm not even damaging the boss... it's so weird to go from hit flashes in the games for years to none at all because of Nintendo's policy).

And Sneaky, no way in hell the Metal Slug games are 2 - 3 hours, and part 3 is 5 hours... I have never seen an arcade game that took 5 hours to beat, that would require a huge amount of quarters.[/quote]
Because I'm reviewing it, so I'm trying out all of the control schemes to see how good each one is while seeing how long the game is as a whole. I'm also playing them for fun because I'm a fan of the series. The tilt one's alright since it's a little too hard to move/crouch/stand up and control your aim with just tilting. I couldn't really care less about hit flashes or the other crap anal arcade fans whine about all the time.

Strell, a hit flash is when the tanks/bosses light up when you shoot them so you get a visual cue that you're actually doing damage.

[quote name='Strell']Wtf is a hit flash. A boss flashes when hit? Seems logical.

Unless it's one of those things like in Blaster Master where you could grenade a boss, pause it, and let it rack up the massive damage.[/quote]

I think you got it.... Didn't the bosses back in the contra games flash when hit? I don't think it's the whole screen, but I haven't fired up metal slug advance in awhile. that one has hit flashes i believe, no?

[quote name='Roufuss']15 games up on Ebay, another 75 to go =/[/quote]
I'm doing some last minute listings myself.
.20 cents is a pretty nice savings when listing things at $330 too

[quote name='Strell']Wtf is a hit flash. A boss flashes when hit? Seems logical.

Unless it's one of those things like in Blaster Master where you could grenade a boss, pause it, and let it rack up the massive damage.[/QUOTE]

It's the first one... it actually lets you know you're doing damage to a boss. Right now, when I'm shooting at a boss in Metal Slug, there is nothing that lets you know you're doing ANY sort of damage whatsoever. Nintendo's stupid ellipsy policy forced SNK to remove all the hit flashes. I find it very distracting since I've played the series for many, many years now and it feels like I'm barely doing damage at all. It's not just petty whining, I mean it's kind of retarded to take that out, I don't ever remember someone dying from ellipsy in any arcade game with a hit flash. Just Nintendo being overly PR again.

It actually would be a pretty shitty review to not mention the hit flashes are gone, therefore the ports aren't arcade perfect - people buying the Metal Slug Anthology are fans of the arcade version, and well, we should be seeing arcade perfect ports by now. Gamespot nailed that perfectly in their review.

That, coupled with the longer than average load times (how the fuck did that happen) makes me hope they clean it up for the PS2 port. Plus, I can use my arcade stick.

I only paid $20 for Metal Slug for the Wii, so I'll be happy to sell it for that.

So yesterday I finally beat Okami (47 hours of play...) and started FFXII. At this rate, I'll play Twilight Princess in... 6 months... crap...

I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard someone complain about.

I couldn't even understand the Megaman Collection Gamecube button swap, since it took me all of 3 seconds to re-orient myself to play it.

I don't even mind save points versus saving anywhere.

Gamers are so bitchy these days.

[quote name='Strell']I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard someone complain about.

I couldn't even understand the Megaman Collection Gamecube button swap, since it took me all of 3 seconds to re-orient myself to play it.

I don't even mind save points versus saving anywhere.

Gamers are so bitchy these days.[/QUOTE]

Well, whatever. There is no reason ports of year old arcade games shouldn't be arcade perfect by now. And since well, SNK put this out for the Metal Slug fan (because honestly, not many other people are really going to bother to pick this up) when you start making it not arcade perfect, you're alienating the only fanbase who would even pick this up to begin with.

Though, it's not their fault, Nintendo just has an infinitely retarded ellipsy rule in place that I thought they got rid of years ago. Shit, there are more flashes in Twilight Princess than there ever was in Metal Slug.

It's not like you know how many flashes it is until a boss dies anyway.

And if the fanbase is THAT bitchy, then they shouldn't buy it. Then when SNK no longer makes Metal Slug games, I can go back and tell this supposedly loyal fanbase to fuck off since they are the whiny bitches who helped do the series in.

Just suck it up. Shit.

This aint aimed at you, Rumples. Just at the idea in general.

Well, I just finished watching Crank earlier in the day and Employee of the Month about 45 mins ago. Crack was fuckin sick. I gotta get that when it drops to 10 on sale. And Employee of the Month was pretty damn funny.

Next up is The Illusionist, Idiocity and I Trust You to Kill Me

[quote name='Strell']It's not like you know how many flashes it is until a boss dies anyway.

And if the fanbase is THAT bitchy, then they shouldn't buy it. Then when SNK no longer makes Metal Slug games, I can go back and tell this supposedly loyal fanbase to fuck off since they are the whiny bitches who helped do the series in.

Just suck it up. Shit.

This aint aimed at you, Rumples. Just at the idea in general.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, I know... alot of people I know actually bought the Wii version to support SNK and get their fix in (since the PS2 version keeps getting delayed) but will sell the Wii one and trade up to the PS2 one as long as its arcade perfect. I don't know anyone that purposely skipped the collection because of it, but I know many people will use it as a reason to trade up.

And after playing Metal Slug 6, I'd rather the company just stopped making Metal Slug games. 4, 5, and 6 were never as good as the first 4, and it's like they just stopped trying, because, imo, each one is getting progressively worse. There isn't alot you can do with the series, and I think the glass ceiling was hit at part 3.

I don't like the whole Atomiswave look on part 6 as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']
Though, it's not their fault, Nintendo just has an infinitely retarded ellipsy rule in place that I thought they got rid of years ago. Shit, there are more flashes in Twilight Princess than there ever was in Metal Slug.[/quote]

This has got to be something relatively new, because I swear Contra III: The Alien Wars (Was there ever a Contra II?) had hit flashes on the bosses... and I swear Metal Slug Advance is complete with the hit flashes. Next time I try to finish that fucking game, I'll let you know. That last boss is a penis-fingered prison-rapist...

[quote name='LiquidNight']An ideal gas is only 1 mole of the gas in question, right?[/QUOTE]

Get out of here with your witchcraft mumbo jumbo, boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back