Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It showed up a day or two ago and the dev's been very quiet on the Steam discussion forum on this subject, so I'm betting the answer is no. I'm pretty sure I have it from one of those bundles you and Drabe were alluding to.
Well, you know, he doesn't have everyone's email addresses so he can't distribute keys. Also it's probably the deluxe edition.

Special_Olympics_World_Games%2832%29.png
Because I can't be the only one wondering why 6 arms:

"The logo has five people who each have six arms. The down position means "downtrodden", remembering a time when many people thought those with intellectual disabilities were not able to make good decisions or try new things. This often describes the lives of athletes before they became involved in Special Olympics. Many had few friends and spent most of their time alone. The straight arms mean "equal", showing that our athletes are just like everyone else. The raised arms represent "joy", and realizing ultimate goals. The five people represent the five continents involved in Special Olympics at the time the logo was created. The people are placed in a circle to represent the world as there are Special Olympic athletes and volunteers in almost every country around the globe."

Hold off. Every single FF game has been cheaper than the 50% off they've got right now, and there's no way you're going to play them all before another sale rolls around. If you're going to play one immediately, go for it, but don't backlog them at a price that's already been beaten at least once.
This is a far sounder philosophy than the 75% rallying cry, just not as snappy.

Apparently the new Steam Beta client now shows you the date when you purchased a game, or activated a key, but only if the game is currently uninstalled:

fgbcSNc.png

Games that are installed have a "Last played on" date instead. Neat.

To be fair, most developers would have abandoned the game and moved on to a sequel a LONG time ago. And I'm pretty sure they gave up on PS3/360 because of the patch submission fees/process (at least that's what I remember reading). It shouldn't come as a shock to anybody in here that PC has been a much friendlier platform in terms of how they wanted to grow the game.

Payday 2 has had over 50 updates/fixes on PC. Sure, they've had their share of paid DLC...but there has been free content, various events, holiday themes, etc. From a consumer's standpoint of wanting to see your purchase supported and further developed, I'm not sure that they could do much better. I'd honestly be happy if other devs took notes from them.
Ugh, don't even get me started on the DLC/microtransaction factory that is Payday 2. I still get mad just thinking about it because the first Payday was one of my favorite games, I pre-ordered 2 and regretted it ever since. It's pretty silly that people keep saying things like "well look at all the free updates they've given us". Yeah, because they launched with an incomplete game. Not sure if EA was a thing when the game launched but it definitely should've been in early access because it was totally unfinished when it "launched". It was horribly imbalanced, cheats and hackers were (and still are) rampant, and they straight up didn't deliver the content they promised us before the game launched.

They promised us over 50 heists and even after all these "free updates" there still aren't that many. Instead it's just the same 6-7 heists copy-pasted on the same maps (Oh boy, for one heist you steal cash from a bank vault, in another heist you steal gold from the same exact fucking bank vault. Woohoo variety!). Not to mention all the heists in this game are super bland and boring compared to the first game, the first game only had 6-7 heists but they were all very different and had their own unique flavor. In Payday 2 each map gets used for 2-3 heists which means even if you play different heists you're still playing on the same goddamn map. And even on different maps it usually devolves into a "bag throwing simulator".

So instead of making new maps, they focus on coming out with paid DLC for stupid masks, guns, and melee weapons, most of which are fucking useless. Now they are coming out with new characters as DLC, which is again, fucking pointless as it adds nothing to the game other than a new player-model and some new voice-over lines. Yeah, I guess we desperately needed some back-story and plot development in a game where all you're doing is mowing down cops by the thousands. And now they want to add a gatling gun and a rocket launcher. Add in the fact they want you to PRE-ORDER DLC, and it's pretty easy to tell that this game is getting dumber by the minute.

They've gone the Electronic Arts route of releasing an unfinished game, charging money for patches that fix it, and then Scrooge McDuck'ing in the money they get from all their white-knight fanbois who will chide others for not being grateful for being given the opportunity to pay money to suck on OVK's dick. I'm glad I stopped playing.

Sorry guys, totally spazzed out here. Block'o'text rant is over. Edited for less eyebleed better reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I can't be the only one wondering why 6 arms:

"The logo has five people who each have six arms. The down position means "downtrodden", remembering a time when many people thought those with intellectual disabilities were not able to make good decisions or try new things. This often describes the lives of athletes before they became involved in Special Olympics. Many had few friends and spent most of their time alone. The straight arms mean "equal", showing that our athletes are just like everyone else. The raised arms represent "joy", and realizing ultimate goals. The five people represent the five continents involved in Special Olympics at the time the logo was created. The people are placed in a circle to represent the world as there are Special Olympic athletes and volunteers in almost every country around the globe."

This is a far sounder philosophy than the 75% rallying cry, just not as snappy.
Congratulations. That is the most effort I have ever seen put into tearing down an ill conceived joke post of mine.

Congratulations. That is the most effort I have ever seen put into tearing down an ill conceived joke post of mine.
Wasn't trying to tear it down. Never seen their logo before, Googled, and copy-pasted. Was kinda hoping it would turn out to be the Spoder Olympics logo or something.

Ugh, don't even get me started on the DLC/microtransaction factory that is Payday 2. I still get mad just thinking about it because the first Payday was one of my favorite games, I pre-ordered 2 and regretted it ever since. It's pretty silly that people keep saying things like "well look at all the free updates they've given us". Yeah, because they launched with an incomplete game. Not sure if EA was a thing when the game launched but it definitely should've been in early access because it was totally unfinished when it "launched". It was horribly imbalanced, cheats and hackers were (and still are) rampant, and they straight up didn't deliver the content they promised us before the game launched.

They promised us over 50 heists and even after all these "free updates" there still aren't that many. Instead it's just the same 6-7 heists copy-pasted on the same maps (Oh boy, for one heist you steal cash from a bank vault, in another heist you steal gold from the same exact fucking bank vault. Woohoo variety!). Not to mention all the heists in this game are super bland and boring compared to the first game, the first game only had 6-7 heists but they were all very different and had their own unique flavor. In Payday 2 each map gets used for 2-3 heists which means even if you play different heists you're still playing on the same goddamn map. And even on different maps it usually devolves into a "bag throwing simulator".

So instead of making new maps, they focus on coming out with paid DLC for stupid masks, guns, and melee weapons, most of which are fucking useless. Now they are coming out with new characters as DLC, which is again, fucking pointless as it adds nothing to the game other than a new player-model and some new voice-over lines. Yeah, I guess we desperately needed some back-story and plot development in a game where all you're doing is mowing down cops by the thousands. And now they want to add a gatling gun and a rocket launcher. Add in the fact they want you to PRE-ORDER DLC, and it's pretty easy to tell that this game is getting dumber by the minute.

They've gone the Electronic Arts route of releasing an unfinished game, charging money for patches that fix it, and then Scrooge McDuck'ing in the money they get from all their white-knight fanbois who will chide others for not being grateful for being given the opportunity to pay money to suck on OVK's dick. I'm glad I stopped playing.

Sorry guys, totally spazzed out here. Block'o'text rant is over. Edited for less eyebleed better reading.
I can agree with some of that. But I think it depends how you play the game too. For me, if I'm not stealthing missions, the game mostly sucks. Going loud and playing "Shooting Gallery 3000" gets horribly boring. The guys I play with often joke about the endless supply of SWAT forces and that the only reason for breaks in the action is that they're swearing in the next graduating class from the police academy, lol.

But at least with stealth, you get different layouts (even on the same maps...which I will admit, do get a little stale) and different NPC behavior. For me the biggest fault is the AI not being able to help with anything. You're just going to stand there and keep smoking? I can't even throw you a damn bag to put in the van? Really?

I'll respectfully disagree about all of the DLC being pointless though. Again, depending on how you're playing, some of the assets are very useful. Specifically, the Clover character has a boost to speed up your lockpicking by 5 seconds. That may not sound like much...but it's HUGE when trying to stealth on Overkill and/or Death Wish.

That's not to condone micro-transactions or say that everything they've done is without fault. But if we're talking "what's wrong with gaming", I feel like there are far worse offenders. But full disclosure, I didn't buy Payday 2 until it had a pretty big sale...and by then, it had DLC...which was also on sale, haha. I can understand somebody supporting it at launch and being disappointed though. Sadly, I think that argument applies to most games at launch these days.

Jinx, buy me a condom full of cottage cheese.

Here's a serious question: Are there performance improvements of Sleeping Dogs Definitive over vanilla Sleeping dogs?
From what I've read, the definitive version runs worse than the original. I can't confirm it myself though, I don't have the definitive edition.

From what I've read, the definitive version runs worse than the original. I can't confirm it myself though, I don't have the definitive edition.
Just based on a quick, though painful, look at the definitive edition's Steam forum and that's the impression I'm getting as well. Doesn't matter, really, as I only had a passing interest in it.

I pre-ordered 2 and regretted it ever since. It's pretty silly that people keep saying things like "well look at all the free updates they've given us". Yeah, because they launched with an incomplete game. Not sure if EA was a thing when the game launched but it definitely should've been in early access because it was totally unfinished when it "launched". It was horribly imbalanced, cheats and hackers were (and still are) rampant, and they straight up didn't deliver the content they promised us before the game launched.
Pretty much the same perspective as mine. I really wish people would stop fellating Overkill for all these 'free' updates. The game as released was a joke, and no where near close to what was advertised. Now this new hype train? WTF, they have not even released all the content promised from their last event!

PAYDAY 1 - Overkill was awesome

PAYDAY 2 - Overkill sold their soul, hired a big name corporate whore who taught them how to fuck over their community, might as well make the game F2P/P2W at this point.

Has GTA V hit VIP while I wasn't playing attention? New build is coming up fast and i'm still sitting on my ill-begotten pie rat hoard.
You know it's a 'Rockstar' key right? And that their digital store is run by Digital River and they don't even have key redemption functionality setup yet on the Rockstar Social network?

I wouldn't buy that version for all the fake money in the world.

You know it's a 'Rockstar' key right? And that their digital store is run by Digital River and they don't even have key redemption functionality setup yet on the Rockstar Social network?

I wouldn't buy that version for all the fake money in the world.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Thanks for the heads up.

I actually played a game.

Drive to Hell.

It's fun but really short... Steam says I played it for 74 minutes but counting all the cheap deaths caused by respawning with no powerups at all, I'd say I spent just under an hour playing the entire campaign. It's fun, but tough, and the achievements are designed to make you replay the whole game again.

I think beating the game in the tougher difficulties is going to give me nightmares...

Apparently the new Steam Beta client now shows you the date when you purchased a game, or activated a key, but only if the game is currently uninstalled:

fgbcSNc.png

Games that are installed have a "Last played on" date instead. Neat.
Yeah that is pretty cool... wish it showed both last played and buy dates on both installed and uninstalled games.

Also like the DLC window and how you can check which ones to install from within the window.

What skin are you using?

I don't think there's any games region locked to just Canada but not the US. I know Mensa Academy is cock blocked from being sold in the US anymore but even if you bought it from 'Canada' the code would still work.

Most of the time if games are even region locked it's for the whole of North America. Even Fox Hack land.

Yeah that is pretty cool... wish it showed both last played and buy dates on both installed and uninstalled games.

Also like the DLC window and how you can check which ones to install from within the window.

What skin are you using?
I'm using an outdated version of Pixelvision - the skin is no longer being developed, so it's a bit glitchy. I'm guessing it'll eventually be possible to see both dates in the client, since the feature was just added.

I don't think there's any games region locked to just Canada but not the US. I know Mensa Academy is cock blocked from being sold in the US anymore but even if you bought it from 'Canada' the code would still work.

Most of the time if games are even region locked it's for the whole of North America. Even Fox Hack land.
I actually found a game sub that can only be activated and played in Mexico and South America earlier today!

https://steamdb.info/sub/44503/

Bound by Flame. Friggin' Focus Home.

I'm using an outdated version of Pixelvision - the skin is no longer being developed, so it's a bit glitchy. I'm guessing it'll eventually be possible to see both dates in the client, since the feature was just added.
I switched to Metro, but I'd rather be using Pixelvision. I hope someone decides to take over the skin's development.

I'm pissed because this Shit is region locked.

canadian_beer.jpg

Stupid weak Mericun beer laws. (lulz)

I switched to Metro, but I'd rather be using Pixelvision. I hope someone decides to take over the skin's development.

I went searching for the skin as I was awaiting your reply. Saw it was Discontinued but then saw there is someone taking over PixelVision.

Already updated to latest beta I believe by MR. LATE². Its conveniently called PixelVision²

That's awesome how they added bought/added date.  Now could they add a pop up that tells me what the heck most of my games are about when I mouse over them? :)

Some Steam code drops. If you take one say thanks or just be a lurker scum.

Claire - MKKIK-22XLW-4QBV6

Madballs Babo - 3L3XW-QT555-WEPVG

Sideway New York - FM286-VERPK-7LP9W

bread's done
Back