Stranglehold - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='AshesofWake']so wait does that mean the 360 version has the movie with it too? or just the ps3 version?[/quote]

only the PS3 version comes with the movie

[quote name='AshesofWake']so wait does that mean the 360 version has the movie with it too? or just the ps3 version?[/QUOTE]
Only the PS3 version has the HD transfer of Hard-Boiled. I hear it's pretty limited too, it was the only way the owners of the film would let them use it since they plan on releasing a Blu-Ray version of their own.

Not too bad, but it seemed too easy. I rarely had to use healthpacks because I could just mostly heal myself. :whistle2:/ And then once I got long distance I could easily pick off people far away.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']For some reason, whenever I see your avatar, I always confuse you for regalsin.[/quote]Now that you mention it, the Grand Galactic Inquisitor does kinda look like SPUD which was Regal's avatar.

Game rules!! A must-buy for me...now I'm trying to figure out how the **** I can get my $10 off coupon I never got from CC for buying Hard Boiled

[quote name='FrankySox']I'm having trouble downloading this. Just says "Cant' download Stranglehold Demo" anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]

Nope I just downloaded and played it. I can't wait for this to come out, it looks great on Xbox 360. Hopefully it looks just as good on PS3 because I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.

I had so much fun with this demo. This game truely captures the spirit of cheesy kung (or shaq) fu movies. I'm definately going to keep an eye out for this game.

In with the other favorable responses. This game is a lot of chaotic fun, and it's almost criminal how many entertaining and highly amusing ways there are to shoot people. I love how you can bring the environment into play while taking out enemies.

Gonna try get the PS3 version so I can watch Hardboiled, too.

The demo was GREAT. I was truly impressed. I didn't even know they were adding multiplayer, that should be interesting. I may have to get this....eventually.

Took me very long to download. I finally played it for a 30 mins and then I got the infamouse stuck under the buildings glitch. It was funny seeing myself free falling....Restarted the level and I actually shot the signs and they fell and landed on me and I died a horrible death.

the longer I played the more I was impressed, which is good because I started out being really meh and left with a "hey I'll probably rent to play through the single-player"

I have to say I was very surprised at hos much fun the demo was, despite some of the little issues. I had put this game squarely into a "meh" category, but not anymore! Out of curiosity, does anybody know if that Circuit City edition of the Hard Boiled movie DVD - the one that was advertised to have a $10 coupon off the 360 version of the game and a guide - actually exists?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Game was alot of fun!

I dunno if ill buy it though. Seems like the same thing through the whole game. Online MP looks interesting though.[/quote]

Same thing throughout the game? You're crazy. If you've read the previews, you'll see that around the 4th or 5th level you get a nice sword and shield, bomb bag, and a boomerang. :roll:

I played the demo a bit last night. I had to leave so I shut it off before I finished it but what I played I really liked.

[quote name='magiic']What are some good Jon Woo movies. I want to watch now.[/QUOTE]

Hard Boiled and The Killer are my favorites. Bullet in the head is alright too.

Wow. What a game. Single player was great fun. If you haven't used the concentrations snipe feature (up on D pad) to shoot someone in the nuts, you need to go and do it right now. I am stoked for the singleplayer, but it was the multiplayer video that had me truly amazed. People tequila timing, diving over each other just shooting matrix style? fucking sweet. This is what the matrix game should have had. I was sceptical about the MP, but this may make it a buyer. Do we get to change our avatar or is it random? who get to be inspector tequila? Looks like mostly FFA, with no team games.

[quote name='zewone']Only the PS3 version has the HD transfer of Hard-Boiled. I hear it's pretty limited too, it was the only way the owners of the film would let them use it since they plan on releasing a Blu-Ray version of their own.[/quote]

I believe the Weinstiens own the rights, so any standalone high def disc would very likely be HD-DVD (for the US, at least, not sure about the international rights)

[quote name='Liquid 2']Anyone else not see it in the marketplace? I went to the demos section and it wasn't there :whistle2:(.[/quote]

Look for John Woo Presents.... not Stranglehold.

I have to admit, this game is way cooler than I thought it would be. Went through the demo 3 times to get all the stuff opened up.

Graphics are just ok, and the textures are pretty bland, but the animation/voice acting and the environment is really well done. I'm interested to see how exactly the multiplayer will work, since the MP trailer in the demo showed the tequila time thing going.

Just finished the demo on normal, pretty damn fun game, didn't think it would be as good as it is. I'll probably try hard mode sometime, might have to pick it up when it comes out!

anyone get a kick out of the percison aiming system thing? I shot this guy in the ass, and then he turned around and I shot him in the balls before he fell off the roof. It just looks crazy when it goes in slow motion and you see the bullet flying toward the specific part you shot at.

I just played the demo.. RIGHT AFTER I WATCHED HARD-BOILED!!!!

The game plays, looks, and feels great. You really notice the
similarities between the two.

I just wish the game was in Cantonese instead of
English(needs to be like real Hong-Kong Cinema).

[quote name='[LEFT']
youruglyclone[/left];3223337]anyone having the demo freeze up on them...or should I prepare to join the coffin group?[/quote]
No this happened to me twice for a little while, it should be fixed in the official game(it was a small 1 second pause).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow...I thought this game was a rental for me for sure but after playing it...I gotta go out and buy it.[/quote]
Make sure you buy Hard Boiled as well.

Loved the demo. I had a feeling it would be cool as I'm a big fan of Max Payne 2 (Never played the first Max Payne game). I went out and pre-bought the PS3 Collectors version of the game. Couldn't pass up that BluRay version of Hard Boiled right on the disc. That might be the best content for a CE ever and I wanted to support that.

I doubt I'll be playing multiplayer much so not having it on xbox live isn't a huge deal to me... would be nice to have rumble though...

it better play as good as the 360 version and it's BS that I even have to be worried about this.

This is a definite day one purchase for me. Before the demo I didnt even give it a thought. And it'll be that much sweeter now with the $10 off coupon I have from CC.

Best demo I've played for a while. I kept expecting it to end before it actually did.

So many demos are teases, but this one just kept going and going and going...

[quote name='exRounder']I kept expecting it to end before it actually did.

So many demos are teases, but this one just kept going and going and going...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was expecting the same thing, but was pleasantly surprised.

This demo was actually pretty cool and I played through it a few times to unlock all the powers. Precision aiming is nifty. More developers should implement something like that.

Plus I have to admit that I thought the game was going to be crap. At first I wasn't really impressed with it, but it got funner and I wanted to play more and see what all the powers were. Pretty fun, but more of a rental for me.

Oh and the dove icon is classic! :applause:

Was anyone else REALLY disappointed when the demo stopped?

I TOTALLY wanted to shoot up that bar.

Also, the MP video at the end actually had me laughing because it just looked like insanity.

Great demo! It is way more fun than I thought it would be. I hear the full game is short, so I might wait until I find it for $40ish.

This game looks really slick. They somehow captured the essence of Chow Yung Fat in video game form. I was expecting a cheesy FPS with a few gimmicks, but this game actually plays a lot different from any FPS I have played before. The pacing of the game is phenomenal.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Was anyone else REALLY disappointed when the demo stopped?

I TOTALLY wanted to shoot up that bar.

Also, the MP video at the end actually had me laughing because it just looked like insanity.[/quote]

Exactly...I thought the same thing...I figured it was going to cut the scene and start the gameplay...It was kinda disappointing to watch that whole scene and not really have a part in it. The montage at the end was brilliant, the scene at the museum :shock:!

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Also, the MP video at the end actually had me laughing because it just looked like insanity.[/quote] The MP video showed that Tequila Time (slow-mo) is in....how the hell is that going to work?

bread's done
Back