Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

Love this game but three major problems for me.
1: Ranked rematches, need some kind of quick way to do this other than searching through the names again.
2: The writing is so damn tiny you cant read the names of the people your playing.....
3: The quick match system sucks they could at least increase the number of choices from more than three and maybe keep you at the screen instead of having to reload every failed attempt, also a time out for communicating would be nice after 3-4 seconds.

[quote name='v00d00ppl']what is the official release date for the dee jay and t hawk download?[/quote]

don't think there is one yet...

[quote name='TruVisionary']don't think there is one yet...[/quote]

Is there confirmation they are even being released as DLC? They kept saying they would not add new characters to this game.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Is there confirmation they are even being released as DLC? They kept saying they would not add new characters to this game.[/quote]

They mentioned that they have the mesh for T-Hawk completed. don't have a source at the moment, when I find it I'll let you know.

That's pretty cool. The last one would've been really funny if it ended in a double KO, but oh well.

I got my controller back a few days ago while I was out of town, but I'm back now, so...yeah. Gonna play some SFIV until this controller breaks again, then throw it away, and trade it back in.

I didn't know there was art on the other side of the box art. Apparantly the Canadian version of SFIV doesn't get it cause mine is just white lol.

[quote name='CrimGhost']My fight moneeeeey![/quote]

His and Zangief are the only characters I have set to English for language.

I've always perfered Gief's Japanese voice. Guess I'm so used to it over the years it just sounds right.

Sakura, Ryu, Akuma, Gouken & Fei Long sound wierd in English.

[quote name='Rodimus']I've always perfered Gief's Japanese voice. Guess I'm so used to it over the years it just sounds right.

Sakura, Ryu, Akuma, Gouken & Fei Long sound wierd in English.[/quote]

Not to mention hearing "The answer lies in the heart of battle" every single time gets annoying for ryu.

[quote name='bs000']I didn't know there was art on the other side of the box art. Apparantly the Canadian version of SFIV doesn't get it cause mine is just white lol.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the inside cover art is really nice, I wish more games were like this. I actually looked through a bunch of my other games to see if any others were like thisand maybe i missed it.

Too bad they can't get setting button controls right though. It should be flip the other way around, where the attacks are on the left and you can just push a button for whatever button on the right you want. I'm sure they could easily patch that.

anybody else having any issues with street fighter matchmaking?

EDIT: I see now that someone has started another thread stating that they are having issues, so i guess that answers my question. and maybe instead of using that other thread we can keep the discussion of the problem here

EDIT2: sorry for all the edits but I also noticed that when looking at a friends xbox profile it says 'REQ: Championship'. maybe they are releasing championship soon..?

Hmm...interesting. I'd pick it up again to try it out. Also don't forget that the combo pack for DLC costumes should be hitting next week.

[quote name='bs000']Matchmaking just started working again after being down for most of the day.[/quote]

It was ever working? ;)

I'm going to be so out of practice. My xbox has been gone for over a week and I don't think I get it back until next Weds.

[quote name='PR0BLEMZ']Im starting a fun tournament with a couple of people.
Its going to start next month so if your interested to join just for fun competition then your free to :)
www.gamingworld.forumactions.net
If you want to sign up and register for the tourny. Check it out. The more people, the better..[/QUOTE]

Sounds good - I'll check it out.

I just went through two days of having 75% of my matches end in losses in ranked matches, so I'm looking for some player matches now to stop the BP hemorrhaging. If anyone is interested in player matches, FR/PM me (XBL: Shinobi Hanzo).

[quote name='wjhard63']Sounds good - I'll check it out.

I just went through two days of having 75% of my matches end in losses in ranked matches, so I'm looking for some player matches now to stop the BP hemorrhaging. If anyone is interested in player matches, FR/PM me (XBL: Shinobi Hanzo).[/quote]

My box should be coming back Weds. I can hit you up so we can practice. I know I'm going to be super rusty.

[quote name='mike.m']My box should be coming back Weds. I can hit you up so we can practice. I know I'm going to be super rusty.[/QUOTE]

Cool - hit me up with a request whenever. My Cammy and Sagat need some work.

BS000 - good games tonight. Thanks for mixing it up. I rarely get to play against a Fuerte, much less a decent Fuerte, so it was nice to have some variety in the matches tonight.

65 more matches to go until my 500 match ach. unlocks!

[quote name='wjhard63']Cool - hit me up with a request whenever. My Cammy and Sagat need some work.

BS000 - good games tonight. Thanks for mixing it up. I rarely get to play against a Fuerte, much less a decent Fuerte, so it was nice to have some variety in the matches tonight.

65 more matches to go until my 500 match ach. unlocks![/quote]

Heh, I think I was over 1200 last I checked before the box went down. :(

I even bought a replacement to use in the meantime and that broke too. I have to take it back to Walmart lol.

It was fun. I main Ken but I've been using Fuerte a bit lately. I'm still having trouble doing stuff off the wall lol. Thanks for letting me get my last perfect medal too. Now I have all the online achievements and online icons/titles. Majority of remaining cheevos involve finishing up the rest of the hard trials and gettign the associated icons/titles. I've got like 50 to go. :bomb:

Can I play too mike.m? You play Balrog? Are you one of the scary ones that will headbutt me into ultra?

[quote name='bs000']It was fun. I main Ken but I've been using Fuerte a bit lately. I'm still having trouble doing stuff off the wall lol. Thanks for letting me get my last perfect medal too. Now I have all the online achievements and online icons/titles. Majority of remaining cheevos involve finishing up the rest of the hard trials and gettign the associated icons/titles. I've got like 50 to go. :bomb:

Can I play too mike.m? You play Balrog? Are you one of the scary ones that will headbutt me into ultra?[/quote]

I'm always down to play. Heh, I don't know how scary I am now with no practice for almost 2 weeks.

Just got this game, and I am consistently getting my ass handed to me. I main Cammy, she's the only character I'm any cop with, but I lack strategy. Any tips, I know there are some good Cammy players here :D

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']EDIT2: sorry for all the edits but I also noticed that when looking at a friends xbox profile it says 'REQ: Championship'. maybe they are releasing championship soon..?[/quote]

Uhh... for real?

[quote name='evil monkey']Just got this game, and I am consistently getting my ass handed to me. I main Cammy, she's the only character I'm any cop with, but I lack strategy. Any tips, I know there are some good Cammy players here :D[/quote]

I don't play Cammy but most Cammy's I see online just spam spiral arrow and cannon spike. All I have to do is block and SHORYUKEN:hot: over and over for an easy win. So uhmm, avoid doing that ok? Ok :D

[quote name='wjhard63']Sounds good - I'll check it out.

I just went through two days of having 75% of my matches end in losses in ranked matches, so I'm looking for some player matches now to stop the BP hemorrhaging. If anyone is interested in player matches, FR/PM me (XBL: Shinobi Hanzo).[/quote]

Cool. I'll play you in a bit if you're on

[quote name='evil monkey']Just got this game, and I am consistently getting my ass handed to me. I main Cammy, she's the only character I'm any cop with, but I lack strategy. Any tips, I know there are some good Cammy players here :D[/quote]

Practice is the best thing I can tell you. Cannon Spike and Spiral Arrow work well, but you really have to get a good feel for all of her moves before trying to take down others.

Her EX move should lead into your Super or Ultra combo. Making it a ground based match always gives you an advantage.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Uhh... for real?[/quote]
yah that was the day all the servers were down. it said 'REQ: Championship' in everyone's stats.

oh and there is supposedly a major sf announcement to be made on friday so keep your eyes peeled.
EDIT: Link to story- http://streetfighterblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/shizowa-san-promises-big-street-fighter.html

and if anyone wants to play me or practice with me and show me tips it would be greatly appreciated. my gt is I V3YR0N I . i main ryu (hope thats not a problem) but i use a lot of other characters when im just messing around

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bs000']I didn't know that Fuerte has an airthrow. What happens when two people air throw at the same time? Does it tech?[/quote]

i think different priorities are assigned to each of the characters air throws. I remember reading somewhere (possibly a user comment on eventhubs) that guile's air throw had the highest priority. Regardless, its annoying as hell to get airthrown.

Anyone else looking forward to the tournament finalists from across the world meeting up? My bets are on Poongko from Korea.

On another note, I'm always up to playing new people on SFIV. Just add my GT and let me know youre from cag.

I ordered a Madcatz SFIV TE stick from Gamestop.com on 4/10/09 (it was in stock for about 10 mins then taken off the site the next day). I tried to order 2 but one was canceled because they supposedly have a 1 per customer limit. The Great news is that it shipped today and is scheduled for delivery on 4/20 from UPS.

Can't wait to try out Japanese Sanwa parts for the first time.
If I like it, I might just keep the SE stick I have and mod it. I'll have 2 weeks to decide if I want to keep or return it. Maybe I'll try Seimitsu parts.

Tomorrow should be the day of the big news, maybe it'll be the Championship mode release date. I had some amazing games with my friends that I wish we could have saved.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']thanks for the matches Phrost. i will eventually get better lol.

and i accepted your request mike[/quote]

I'll try to hit you guys up this weekend. Home situation isn't so good so I'm not sure how much time i'll have.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I ordered a Madcatz SFIV TE stick from Gamestop.com on 4/10/09 (it was in stock for about 10 mins then taken off the site the next day). I tried to order 2 but one was canceled because they supposedly have a 1 per customer limit. The Great news is that it shipped today and is scheduled for delivery on 4/20 from UPS.

Can't wait to try out Japanese Sanwa parts for the first time.
If I like it, I might just keep the SE stick I have and mod it. I'll have 2 weeks to decide if I want to keep or return it. Maybe I'll try Seimitsu parts.

Tomorrow should be the day of the big news, maybe it'll be the Championship mode release date. I had some amazing games with my friends that I wish we could have saved.[/quote]

The TE stick is the most perfect stick I've used ever. I think the only drawback is the A button be a little close to the joystick. You should dig it though.

[quote name='mike.m']The TE stick is the most perfect stick I've used ever. I think the only drawback is the A button be a little close to the joystick. You should dig it though.[/QUOTE]

Aren't the buttons and stick laid out just like the SE stick?
I notice that I do like the spacing of the my Hori EX2 better than my SE stick. On the SE, My hands seem to be too close together and I don't always fall back on the Japanese style layout. I tend to fall back between the middle of the 8 buttons. With the EX2 my hands are more relaxed, but I do like the decline where I can rest my palms. I'll definitely have to get use to it.

Can't wait til I get my stick though, I've heard too many good things and been upgrading my sticks to different models just for SFIV. BTW, I went back and played Dead Or Alive 4, Soul Calibur 4, and Virtua Fighter 5 yesterday. And let me say, I did not have fun at all. I use to really like all of those games. The only one that I could bare playing yesterday was DOA4. That shows how much SFIV and grown on me in such a little time.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Aren't the buttons and stick laid out just like the SE stick?
I notice that I do like the spacing of the my Hori EX2 better than my SE stick. On the SE, My hands seem to be too close together and I don't always fall back on the Japanese style layout. I tend to fall back between the middle of the 8 buttons. With the EX2 my hands are more relaxed, but I do like the decline where I can rest my palms. I'll definitely have to get use to it.

Can't wait til I get my stick though, I've heard too many good things and been upgrading my sticks to different models just for SFIV. BTW, I went back and played Dead Or Alive 4, Soul Calibur 4, and Virtua Fighter 5 yesterday. And let me say, I did not have fun at all. I use to really like all of those games. The only one that I could bare playing yesterday was DOA4. That shows how much SFIV and grown on me in such a little time.[/quote]

I've never seen a SE stick, so I wouldn't know. Probably, but the TE has a much larger base and thats perfect for sitting in your lap or setting it on a table.

Championship Mode is coming out the 24th. And for some bizarre reason, Capcom thinks that PS3 and 360 owners should have different features.

Patch is a bunch of crap. No lobby support system still is ridiculously stupid. Capcom is incompetent when it comes to online support.

bread's done
Back