Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy discounts the Nintendo 3DS by $10. The 100% bonus on trade-ins continues.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop offers the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle for $49.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart advertises Assassins Creed 3 for $49.99 + $10 gaming coupon. WWE 13 and NFS: Most Wanted $59.99 both come with a $15 gaming coupon. SYWR members get a $5 reward card when they spend $50.

icontarget.gif
Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all games. The Wii Sports bundle drops to $119 and the Nintendo 3DS is $145.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us has no ad this week.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, coopscohen - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS $159.99 after $10 savings

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 10/30

:360::ps3: Resident Evil: ORC $19.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $19.99
:ps3::psp: Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle $49.99
:360: Witcher 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: SSX $19.99
:360::ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
:360::ps3: Batman AA GOTY $14.99
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham City GOTY $29.99
:ds: Lego Batman 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: 30% TIV Credit towards Assassins Creed 3

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz- See post here

iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassins Creed 3 $49.99 with $10 gaming coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope somewhere does B2G1 free the week Halo 4 comes out, I am already getting it and Assassins Creed 3 at Best Buy. I could get a pricematch there, and get a game for free.

[quote name='helvetica bold']Could I buy:
NFS Most Wanted for 360 and PS3 and get the Vita version for free?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Go for it!

This may be a stupid question, but is there any way to get Black Ops 2 as part of this deal? Could I pay off Black Ops 2, buy a second game, and then get a free game?

[quote name='mpaullin']You don't actually have to do it this way. I price matched Resident Evil 6 and Dishonored the day I picked them up and got my $20 certificates already with no problems.

For those of you price matching at Best Buy, you could even shoot for getting the price down to $40 using this ad (if they factor in the gaming coupon). They technically aren't supposed to, but I was able to do PM Kmarts gaming coupon offer with Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, and Dishonored. Doesn't hurt to ask![/QUOTE]

Oh man!! I am going to try that for sure budd. I hope they will factor in the coupon and get it $40..Either way we are getting hooked up on this game. :applause:

[quote name='Dave4282']This may be a stupid question, but is there any way to get Black Ops 2 as part of this deal? Could I pay off Black Ops 2, buy a second game, and then get a free game?[/QUOTE]

99.9% of the time pre-ordering doesn't count in B2G1 sales. There have been reports of this working on RARE occasions. YMMV, but more than likely Target's systems just do not allow for this discrepancy.

this derails the TRU option or doorbuster sale when it comes to AC3...

I have several Kmarts not too far away..

WWE 12 for $60 & you receive a $15 coupon & $5 rewards card

Assassins Creed 3 for $50 - the $15 coupon - $5 in rewards = $30

plus with AC3 you get an additional $10 coupon

so $90 total..... not too bad for 2 games with alot of hype at launch

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Yes. Go for it![/QUOTE]

i think there's really fine print in the ads thats says you cant get multiple copies
of the same title. I wonder if I get it for different system then its okay.

[quote name='helvetica bold']Could I buy:
NFS Most Wanted for 360 and PS3 and get the Vita version for free?[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you have an unhealthy obsession for NFS...

I was thinking of buying the Vita and PS3 version (since I think they interact somehow), so I guess I am 2/3 of the way to your dark place.

I don't know if this has been asked but if you pre-order AC3 & pick it up the days of this sale with another game does it qualify for the b2g1f sale?

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, they don't seem to have Most Wanted listed for Vita on their site...that's not a good sign as I wanted to use it as part of the deal myself.

[quote name='Bosamba']1) No, as long as the UPCs are the same.
2a) No, I've done this numerous times in the past myself (Some CAGs frown upon it and say it's "stealing").
2b) Definitely redeem the codes as soon as you pick them up from Gamestop. I don't know if they get voided when you return the games, but I wouldn't take a chance.
3) I always use the line, "I found them cheaper elsewhere." If they ask you where, tell them "Target is having a Buy 2, Get 1 free sale right now. I wish you guys could match it."
If by some reason they do, just return your sealed copies back to Target, but the chances of that happening are non existent.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks. And if all else fails, I'll just sell the new copies on ebay or craigslist even if at a $5 loss each, I'll still get a great deal on the 3 games. Thanks!

[quote name='ChuckInKC']AC:Revelations' price dropped like a brick after a month. It may have been franchise fatigue, but it was $30 in 30-45 days.[/QUOTE]

that is true. thats because people werent buying it. AC3 is a different game me thinks. It has the most preorders ever for an AC game. I think if it sells well it wont drop so fast. *COUGH SKYRIM COUGH* STILL $59.99 and 11-11-12 is its One year anniversary.

so dont put all your eggs in one basket

i bought AC R april 2012 i got for $19.99 at Best Buy

[quote name='Blade3D']I hope somewhere does B2G1 free the week Halo 4 comes out, I am already getting it and Assassins Creed 3 at Best Buy. I could get a pricematch there, and get a game for free.[/QUOTE]

halo already has deals wrapped around it. Amazon is giving $10.00 credit right now, Best Buy is giving 6 maps that originally cost $30

and Target is givinga $20 gift card.

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']that is true. thats because people werent buying it. AC3 is a different game me thinks. It has the most preorders ever for an AC game. I think if it sells well it wont drop so fast. *COUGH SKYRIM COUGH* STILL $59.99 and 11-11-12 is its One year anniversary.

so dont put all your eggs in one basket

i bought AC R april 2012 i got for $19.99 at Best Buy[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I doubt AC3 falls that fast. Hopefully it's around 35 on a BF sale though. I got backlog to keep me patient.

I too bought AC:R for $20 at BB in April. Keep in mind that Revelations was apparently the previous "most pre-ordered" game for Ubisoft. ACIII will probably be flooding stores with copies just as the last game was.

Hope Amazon answers back Sunday night or my pre-orders are getting cancelled as I don't want to risk them shipping. I'll probably be bugging them in the afternoon. On the other hand, I could probably let them ship and if they don't do anything get a hold of them and if nothing comes from that refuse delivery.

Either way, it's looking like I'm going out Monday night. Will probably go before midnight to see if they have any of those pre-order cards or whatever out for NFS:MW so I can get the bonsues. :D

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']halo already has deals wrapped around it. Amazon is giving $10.00 credit right now, Best Buy is giving 6 maps that originally cost $30

and Target is givinga $20 gift card.[/QUOTE]

I see nothing about 6 maps free from best buy ...i call shenanigans until proven otherwise

[quote name='sjtfly']So where exactly do I get this ad? I can't find it anywhere online.[/QUOTE]

Wait until Sunday when the deals start and then look on Kmart's site.

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']halo already has deals wrapped around it. Amazon is giving $10.00 credit right now, Best Buy is giving 6 maps that originally cost $30

Right, if I can price match it the week of Halo I get more. I pricematch the Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4, and get 2x $20 reward certs and a free game. I doubt I will get this lucky as there would need to be an offer that week, I might just get Borderlands 2 and NBA 2K13 with Assassins Creed 3.

[quote name='snacks28217']is street fighter x tekken any good? my BB has the special edition for $35.[/QUOTE]

I saw that there the other day and almost bought it, but I picked up the standard from Gamefly for $13 last week. It's a good game...but, different... I'd say if you're a fan of SFIV then you'd like this one. The Tekken characters play like SF characters, not Tekken, but there is a huge roster and it's a pretty fun game. It really has that old school feel with the combos and stuff + some juggling, so yea, if you like SF2, 3 and IV then you might like this one. If you're expecting it to play like any of the other Xover games like Marvel vs. Capcom, then don't go near it.

Just to confirm (and this wouldn't be a big deal in the first place if only Target carried RO in-store :/) on the receipt Target takes away a percentage of total purchase price based on the ratio of the actual price over the total price before the deal times the actual price you're paying. In other words, if I were to purchase 3 games priced at $60, the total before the deal would be $180; on the receipt, however, it would display three items priced at $40 each, correct? So, returning one or two of the items would return the $40/$80 difference. Is my understanding of this correct?

Sorry for asking a question that has probably already been asked, but does Best Buy make it easy to exchange games bought during the B2G1? It was always easy enough to do at TRU, but I wasn't sure about Best Buy. I kind of want to get NBA2K13 and two fillers now and exchange them for some other games in the upcoming weeks if possible.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Just to confirm (and this wouldn't be a big deal in the first place if only Target carried RO in-store :/) on the receipt Target takes away a percentage of total purchase price based on the ratio of the actual price over the total price before the deal times the actual price you're paying. In other words, if I were to purchase 3 games priced at $60, the total before the deal would be $180; on the receipt, however, it would display three items priced at $40 each, correct? So, returning one or two of the items would return the $40/$80 difference. Is my understanding of this correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes that's what I ended up doing when they had B2G1 earlier this year. It wasn't something I was planning to do just changed my mind after having a game sealed for close to a month after purchase.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Sorry for asking a question that has probably already been asked, but does Best Buy make it easy to exchange games bought during the B2G1? It was always easy enough to do at TRU, but I wasn't sure about Best Buy. I kind of want to get NBA2K13 and two fillers now and exchange them for some other games in the upcoming weeks if possible.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I can be of help, but in my experience, for BB it depends on how the receipt is divided up. They do some weird crap sometimes like on one of my receipts I have three games of equal value divided as 20/20/0, so I know they would know right away this was a B2G1 transaction or some other weird nonsense and give me a hard time.

Where did you come up with BB giving 6 maps for free?

[quote name='aircobra']Where did you come up with BB giving 6 maps for free?[/QUOTE]

where can one find this target giving $20!?

Any word on this working online? Ragnarok Odyssey is enticing...

EDIT: Would Target let me swap a game for the same price if it was within 7 days? I just don't see my local Targets getting Ragnarok Odyssey the day it's released. If I could pick up a filler and then swap it a few days later, that would be great.

[quote name='aircobra']Where did you come up with BB giving 6 maps for free?[/QUOTE]

The Amazon credit is only for instant videos, everything in that post was off.

[quote name='snacks28217']Thanks[/QUOTE]

You might double check, my best buy had a sign saying extra 25% off the clearance price.

Sorry but I dont seem to see this ad anywhere on their website, I just see the B2G1 on those crap titles...
if anyone can put a link that would be good..thank you

[quote name='ajm_64']sorry but i dont seem to see this ad anywhere on their website, i just see the b2g1 on those crap titles...
If anyone can put a link that would be good..thank you[/quote]

"10/29 - 11/3"

[quote name='Flame Killa']So how's there price guarantee? Can I get AC3 there then get money back by matching TRU's price later?[/QUOTE]

this i would like to know this.

[quote name='SynGamer']Any word on this working online? Ragnarok Odyssey is enticing...

EDIT: Would Target let me swap a game for the same price if it was within 7 days? I just don't see my local Targets getting Ragnarok Odyssey the day it's released. If I could pick up a filler and then swap it a few days later, that would be great.[/QUOTE]

Nope. They apportion the discount out across the three titles, so you can return one or more of the games and get the proportional refund back, but you would lose out on getting any discount at all on a different title.

[quote name='3kingdoms']this i would like to know this.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Each game will show up as $40 on your receipt assuming you get three $60 games, so the price will already appear to the employee to be $8 less than the TRU price and the request will be denied.

I already saw the ad from November 4th to November 10th. Halo 4 will be 59.99 with a $15 gaming coupon. Just thought I'd tell you guys so you can figure out where to buy it the following week.

Saw the rest of the target ad and it mentions a free $10 gift card for preordering black ops 2 and buying a Xbox or ps3 game. Hopefully works with the deal and the ac3 preorder cards.

[quote name='CXK']where can one find this target giving $20!?[/QUOTE]

Check out the game section there should cards in red attached to them

i love this thread people are actually giving themselves a headache for a lowzy free game when they are spending $120 in games.

you cant beat the system. Except just deals being posted. LOL

bread's done
Back