Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Veronica Mars']OMG.
WTF is wrong with his butt.[/QUOTE]
flanderssexy4kc.gif

I don't like how IGN was harping on the things that could've been in there. So they didn't throw the kitchen sink in, but they threw the rest of the house in there. For how positive some of the closing comments were, a good 75% focused on things they should've done. Typical writing from the site and the reviewer. Just focus on what the game brings and not what it doesn't bring.

It almost could be like saying Madden is the best football game, but they really could've included an NFL themed chess game and build the city around the stadium ala Sim City.

[quote name='Poolking99']I don't like how IGN was harping on the things that could've been in there. So they didn't throw the kitchen sink in, but they threw the rest of the house in there. For how positive some of the closing comments were, a good 75% focused on things they should've done. Typical writing from the site and the reviewer. Just focus on what the game brings and not what it doesn't bring.

It almost could be like saying Madden is the best football game, but they really could've included an NFL themed chess game and build the city around the stadium ala Sim City.[/QUOTE]

It's not even the kitchen sink - IGN's complaining because the faucet handles aren't quite detailed enough.

Really, that entire review boils down to "the game could have had more stuff in it," which is true for just about anything if they'd had all the time and resources in the world to work on it.

[quote name='hero101']They actually seems kinda of negative in their explaination. Seems like the score doesn't reflect what they discribe.[/quote]
It's a typical kiss-ass IGN score. It's to be expected. Apparently they would've given the game a 10 if it weren't for the problems they mentioned in the closing.

Now I just read the IGN review and the resulting scores. It seems very fair.

Brawl is 100% fan service so it is indeed fair to question places where they opted to not go further in said service. But the actual scores seem reasonable. The scores focus soley on whats there and dock points in manners that I dont find unreasonable.

I'll be at Wal*Mart bright and early on Sunday...then head to church with the wife...then finally get to crack it open! Oh, I can't wait.

[quote name='Strell']If there were an option?

What is this.

I see you on XBL winkin' in your profile, Mr. Beef. We can hook that ish up.

You too, suko.

Extra points if we engineer a way to have the Vision Cam a-goin'. Imagine how much better your lives will be.[/quote]It's almost frightening how curious I am to hear Strell's voice. It's like when a dog gets a shock collar put on it. It knows what's going to happen, but it just has to bark.

...How that makes sense, I don't know, but it sounded good while I was writing it.

I haven't picked up a strategy guide since the N64 days, but I think I'll pick up one for Brawl. Seems like it would be fun to have as well as handy.

[quote name='2Fast']I haven't picked up a strategy guide since the N64 days, but I think I'll pick up one for Brawl. Seems like it would be fun to have as well as handy.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='ign']the best user-created stage will be distributed to all Smash Bros. Brawl players every day from now on, which means that you will potentially always have a reason to boot the game up again. We can't wait to see what players come up with in the months to come and we're simultaneously disappointed that Nintendo has not also offered the option to save the best levels to your system's internal memory or to an external SD card.[/quote]
Wait. You can't save the Nintendo downloaded stages to memory or SD card? Goddamn it.

Okay. Now to see if you can send saves for levels like you can save games. If you can, we can have a mega epic level thread. :pray:
Am I the only one who hasn't spoiled the entire fucking game? New picture for me:
super-smash-bros-brawl-20080304084326468_640w.jpg

[quote name='Doomed']Wait. You can't save the Nintendo downloaded stages to memory or SD card? Goddamn it.

Okay. Now to see if you can send saves for levels like you can save games. If you can, we can have a mega epic level thread. :pray:
Am I the only one who hasn't spoiled the entire fucking game? New picture for me:
[/QUOTE]

I've been avoiding spoilers too, and that picture is definitely new to me. That level is going to kick ass. :shock:

The level on the first page of the IGN review (the one with Mario and Sonic as the figthers) was a surprise to me too, but I was expecting something similar to make an appearance. :)

[quote name='Doomed']Am I the only one who hasn't spoiled the entire fucking game? New picture for me:
[/QUOTE]

Considering the game is out in Japan and the website is making daily updates, if you wanted to be spoiler free you should probably avoid the internet ;-).

That being said, that stage is new as of today on the Dojo site.

[quote name='2Fast']I haven't picked up a strategy guide since the N64 days, but I think I'll pick up one for Brawl. Seems like it would be fun to have as well as handy.[/quote]

Assuming they aren't shitty like some recent guides are, I may pick one up as well. (I'd want a guide showing all the trophies, etc.)

Nintendo doesn't do first-party guides anymore, do they? They were the best.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Still don't know if I want this...

money for this will probably go to GTAIV instead... partially due to its importance to gaming ;)[/quote]

My Wii needs love. If you don't use it, you lose it!

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I just found out that I will be going on a business trip starting this Sunday until Friday. fuck me! I'm so tempted to bring the Wii with me but I'm afraid it will get jacked.[/QUOTE]

love-smiley-076.gif

Has it been stated why the hell they made cap. falcon a secret character? Wtf is the big secret, he's only been in the other two.

He was secret in the first... and maybe even in Melee. So was Luigi. Characters don't have to be For British Eyes Only to be locked at the start.

[quote name='JolietJake']Has it been stated why the hell they made cap. falcon a secret character? Wtf is the big secret, he's only been in the other two.[/quote]
Maybe because they made all of the SSB secret characters secret characters in Brawl?

[quote name='The Crotch']He was secret in the first... and maybe even in Melee. So was Luigi. Characters don't have to be For British Eyes Only to be locked at the start.[/quote]

Arrested Development QFT.

good review/score on ign's part

Can't say I agree with them as I've yet to play the game but expecting a bit more out of the character choices and the lack of an outstanding single player seem to be of enough fault to warrant the 9.5

Although the main purpose is for multiplayer...

edit: was looking for some brawl videos and found this

[media]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zOQq2N3xA
[/media]

No spoilers, it's a comedy short.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']It just occurred to me that there's one original character I still don't know the fate of: is Jigglypuff in the game again?[/QUOTE]

Do you really wanna know? Scroll down.

More!

MORE!

MORE!

Yes. There is almost nothing better than pwning bitches with that little blob.

[quote name='Strell']
Do you really wanna know? Scroll down.

More!

MORE!

MORE!

Yes. There is almost nothing better than pwning bitches with that little blob.
[/QUOTE]

I see.

Looks like I'll have to brush up with the 'Puff, then - being able to win consistently with him/her/it online would rock.

That was too easy. My ploy has failed. I was hoping to scare you into submission.

I should have added on "Send this to 10 people in an hour or you'll have horrible luck for the next year."

Get your hands off my bread, Fox.

Any CAGs going early to GameStop to participate in the tournament? Tournament also known as "How about a game of lucky hit?".

1 stock, 1 minute... :D

The GS across the street from me is already filled up. Thanks, procrastination. If the other 2 located near me are filled as well, then it's off to Game Crazy to clean house in Melee.

I'm slightly interested in the GS tournaments, but feh. 1 Minute/1 stock is kinda lame. I understand they do it probably for time purposes..but, well whatever.

Plus playing for the first time WITH the wiimote & nunchuk is kinda lame too.

They took registrations for the tourney already? Wow, that's...

...typical GameStop.

Should have known. I guess I'll go tomorrow and see if I can sneak in. I know some GS employees, maybe they can accidentally lose some names from the list. :D

[quote name='Mr. Beef']No, they filled up all the slots in their stupid tournament. Psh, I don't even LIKE using the Remote/Nunchuk option! fuck those guys![/quote]
Do you know how many slots there are?

I'm just going to go up there Saturday night. If it's filled up, no big deal.

They didn't tell me, but I also have a vendetta against that particular GS, so it's no big deal. I have friends in the other 2 near me, so it'll be easier for me to get on their lists. And like I mentioned, GC is having a Melee tournament where the winner gets a free copy of Brawl, so it's looking good all around for me.

Todays update. All of the items.

To all the localization staff out there in each country helping me communicate through the Dojo, sorry for upping your workload.

From us to you, its OK the overtime is worth it.

Gamestop has these "tournaments" badly planned. I mean 32 people only? come on :roll:

I can see why Gamestop put tournaments at a ton of other gamestops.

But still at my GS people who want play have to be there by 10pm and if the person isn't there well they can't enter.

Such disorganization and fucked up!

bread's done
Back